Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 23, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #36,511 of 62,011
My mileage does indeed vary :) They have the best call quality for me after any form of Airpods. I use the APM every day for my conference calls, mind you, but still I used the MW08S for several calls already and everybody said I sounded very good.
Very strange. You're lucky. Three people just called me out on a Zoom. But this is after I put in the Devialets and they instantly said I sounded clearer. I've also been having a strange issue for the last 24 hours with the MW08S whereas the Right earbud randomly reboots. It's happened three times. I'll try a hard reset.

Aug 23, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #36,512 of 62,011
Very strange. You're lucky. Three people just called me out on a Zoom. But this is after I put in the Devialets and they instantly said I sounded clearer. I've also been having a strange issue for the last 24 hours with the MW08S whereas the Right earbud randomly reboots. It's happened three times. I'll try a hard reset.
Hope yours don't have a defect! I'm very happy with mine :) Have not heard the Devialets and don't plan to - I have tested so many TWS these last couple of weeks and was glad to have found the ones I'm settling with...for..now 😂

Aug 23, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #36,513 of 62,011
Hope yours don't have a defect! I'm very happy with mine :) Have not heard the Devialets and don't plan to - I have tested so many TWS these last couple of weeks and was glad to have found the ones I'm settling with...for..now 😂
Yep, I’ve tried them too many. Mostly high-end ones. It’s an expensive addiction lol.

Aug 24, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #36,514 of 62,011
Mine is still using first gen AirPods. She wants to upgrade because the battery has degraded over time. I try so hard to shoehorn/suggest in a better pair, but alas, we'll most likely be getting her APP, or dare I say, the same exact AirPods! Sigh...

I have the Fiil CC2 coming in next week they might be a worthy replacement sq wise. I’ll share impressions after using them for a few days.

Aug 24, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #36,515 of 62,011
The microphones on my MW08s stopped working well, but a little compressed air seems to have fixed the problem.

Aug 24, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #36,516 of 62,011
I will say one thing, I was just on a work Zoom call for 2.5 hours. Yes, feel my pain. I wore the M&D MW08S and folks said I didn't sound as good as with the Devialet by far. Not the first time either. So, for sound, the MW08S are great. For calls, your mileage may vary.
Any reason to believe that the mw08 sport has a different sound profile than the regular mw08?

Aug 24, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #36,517 of 62,011
Any reason to believe that the mw08 sport has a different sound profile than the regular mw08?
Not officially at least. However, but that may be subjective, my MW08S seem to work better for calls than my MW08 did. There is nothing to prove that, though, so it may be my imagination :)

Aug 24, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #36,518 of 62,011
Not officially at least. However, but that may be subjective, my MW08S seem to work better for calls than my MW08 did. There is nothing to prove that, though, so it may be my imagination :)
Thanks. Just wondering is they may have secretly tweaked the tuning. Does not sound likely.

Aug 24, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #36,519 of 62,011
Found some reviews, and most of them has issues like for example these. Can you relate to them? Are some of them fixed by firmware upgrades? (Sound with ANC on/off)

- Performance with ANC switched off is poor
- Sound isn’t very expansive
- Touch controls could be better

- Audio suffers with ANC off
- Inconsistent touch controls

- Fit can come loose
- Baffling ‘Neutral’ mode

- Sound quality in ‘Neutral’ and ‘Transparency’ modes is just not good
Further listening, yeah I guess music sounds fuller with ANC on. I think neutral still sounds good and can be eq’d but I can see/hear where critics are coming from. Any other Devialet users can chime in if I’m just mishearing; it’s entirely possible

ADD: this reviewer’s take on how ANC impacts sound is pretty solid.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #36,520 of 62,011
Thanks. Just wondering is they may have secretly tweaked the tuning. Does not sound likely.
No, it doesn't, I agree. As far as sound quality goes, it is also exactly the same.

Aug 24, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #36,521 of 62,011
I will get my blue MW08 Sport today. Hopefully it will be my preferred set, cause I want to sell my MTW2, Pureplay Z7 and XM4s.
Will update with my findings later.

- Bored of the MTW2, but they are actually my go to pair, along with the versatile Airpods Pro, mostly due to the total package and fit. (EDIT: I also think they sound better than before with the latest firmware)
- XM4 sounds better than the MTW2, but I can never get a decent fit. With almost every silicone tip I get noise from the left ear while chewing etc.. I also get better ANC with the MTW2, also due to fit I guess.
- Pureplay Z7 are good, fit is great even if they stick out of the ear a bit. Hearthrough is not great, and they sound a bit too dull/dark/warm for my taste.

Tips I have and tested with all my TWSs: All stock tips (that's a lot :) ), several types of Spinfits, Final E Type, JVC spiral dots, a lot of different Comply Foams, Flexifit Foam etc

PS: Best tip experience for all my TWSs: ePro horn shaped tips AP00 for Airpods Pro.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #36,522 of 62,011
Further listening, yeah I guess music sounds fuller with ANC on. I think neutral still sounds good and can be eq’d but I can see/hear where critics are coming from. Any other Devialet users can chime in if I’m just mishearing; it’s entirely possible

Agreed, music does sound fuller on the Geminis with ANC on. In neutral it’s by no means bad, but it misses body in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back