Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 23, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #36,496 of 62,460
Wings on the MT? If so, they can be removed if none of the sizes provided fit. I found the MTs to be one of if not the most comfortable out of all of the TWS I have. They are not for everyone though as I have read.
I was one of those who had bugs and fit issues :frowning2:. Sound was great though.

Aug 23, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #36,497 of 62,460
I was one of those who had bugs and fit issues :frowning2:. Sound was great though.
Yep, they are in a bit different class too. They got most of the quirkiness worked out it seems, but they are pure music makers for sure. No features like the others other than ambient sound. I bet they got something new in the pipeline, but who knows.

Aug 23, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #36,498 of 62,460
I've tried the Sonys. I just didn't like the sound compared to all the others in my lot. ANC is just awesome on them though. But not at good as the Devialet. Had the MT too. They're okay. I liked the sound but they had so many bugs when I had them. Bought them when they had the first major firmware update. For me, I felt the higher-end stuff were better, but definitely worth a shot to try them.
I’d say I have lowest expectations for the Sony anyway. Just read so many “official reviews” of them that they’re the gold standard. Seems like it would make my process most complete to listen to them 😁

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #36,499 of 62,460
Yep, they are in a bit different class too. They got most of the quirkiness worked out it seems, but they are pure music makers for sure. No features like the others other than ambient sound. I bet they got something new in the pipeline, but who knows.
my wife never uses any of the features anyway; just wants to listen to music and podcasts comfortably and with quality sound.

Aug 23, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #36,500 of 62,460
I’d say I have lowest expectations for the Sony anyway. Just read so many “official reviews” of them that their the gold standard. Seems like it would make my process most complete to listen to them 😁
Def worth a try. They're much smaller than the last gen. Fit was nice for me. But now that you've tried the others, you'll see :wink:

Aug 23, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #36,501 of 62,460
my wife never uses any of the features anyway; just wants to listen to music and podcasts comfortably and with quality sound.
Mine is still using first gen AirPods. She wants to upgrade because the battery has degraded over time. I try so hard to shoehorn/suggest in a better pair, but alas, we'll most likely be getting her APP, or dare I say, the same exact AirPods! Sigh...

Aug 23, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #36,502 of 62,460
I agree. Too many blowout sales on the M1+ and the Touch. Something is going on for sure. Okay, we can dream.

Aug 23, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #36,503 of 62,460
Have you tried the MW08 (compared to Gemini)? I’m thinking of trying those next so of course interested in getting as much feedback from this forum as I can. Thanks
I haven’t - the MW08 Sport are actually next on my wish list, particularly as I need some new TW for running. So I’ve been enjoying any feedback I can get my hands on here too!

Aug 23, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #36,504 of 62,460
Ordered the MT. Now I’ve got the Gemini, MT, and XM4 on the way…while enjoying the T5. The MW08 and Kef are all that’s left to order (already tried the PI7). The MW08 really seem to have to different experiences on this board.
Also looking forward to your impressions between all three. I recently lost one of my MT earpiece and now that they're available on Amazon again, I'm debating whether I want to get another MT, or try the Gemini. Are there any comparisons between MT and Gemini in terms of the sound (don't really care for ANC)? Are the sound similar?

Aug 23, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #36,505 of 62,460
Also looking forward to your impressions between all three. I recently lost one of my MT earpiece and now that they're available on Amazon again, I'm debating whether I want to get another MT, or try the Gemini. Are there any comparisons between MT and Gemini in terms of the sound (don't really care for ANC)? Are the sound similar?
I think the signatures are similar yes. But the Gemini takes all the good things about the MT and turns them up to 11. You will get more treble sparkle in the Gemini.

Aug 23, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #36,506 of 62,460
I haven’t - the MW08 Sport are actually next on my wish list, particularly as I need some new TW for running. So I’ve been enjoying any feedback I can get my hands on here too!
I can at least share what I saw on the PI7 board from someone named Tenlow (not sure about board practices on @ someone)

“I can only encourage more people to try the new Master&Dynamic MW08 Sport. They've been a real surprise for me and the ones I will keep in the end over the MTW2, WF-1000XM4 and PI7. Not sure why there is no individual thread on them tbh.”

Aug 23, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #36,507 of 62,460
I will say one thing, I was just on a work Zoom call for 2.5 hours. Yes, feel my pain. I wore the M&D MW08S and folks said I didn't sound as good as with the Devialet by far. Not the first time either. So, for sound, the MW08S are great. For calls, your mileage may vary.

Aug 23, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #36,508 of 62,460
I will say one thing, I was just on a work Zoom call for 2.5 hours. Yes, feel my pain. I wore the M&D MW08S and folks said I didn't sound as good as with the Devialet by far. Not the first time either. So, for sound, the MW08S are great. For calls, your mileage may vary.
I feel your pain on conference calls. 8-10 hours a day for me :frowning2:

Aug 23, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #36,509 of 62,460
Aug 23, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #36,510 of 62,460
My mileage does indeed vary :) They have the best call quality for me after any form of Airpods. I use the APM every day for my conference calls, mind you, but still I used the MW08S for several calls already and everybody said I sounded very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back