Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 17, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #36,316 of 62,387
Yeah, takes a quick mental adjustment to get used to the healthier lower mids that seem to make up Cambridge's "sound." I find earbuds make a pretty decent palate-cleanser for that sort of thing, so I don't notice it now as much as I used to. Glad you were able to figure out the update issue.

Now I know I said there wouldn't be any new arrivals...

IMG_20210817_171949.jpg

...and I was serious. These are the wife's, but at least I can sneak them away from her every now and then. She just got a S21 Ultra, so no more Airpods Pro. Yes, I know they'll still pair up, but they won't "work" the same way and this is someone I'm trying to help get through the Apple-Android UI chasm. Really don't want to add TWS gripes into the list of issues I'll be dealing with.
Which one did "she" get? Just preordered the Flip 3 for the wife so trying to decide what to do with "her" $100 pre-order credit.

Aug 17, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #36,317 of 62,387
Which one did "she" get? Just preordered the Flip 3 for the wife so trying to decide what to do with "her" $100 pre-order credit.
We ordered her the Buds Pro in Lavender. Allegedly they have a white pair launching later this month, but I know my wife and she would want them yesterday.

Sigh, she's been grumpy whilst learning Android...

Aug 17, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #36,318 of 62,387
Yeah Android, I figured it out. Had to unpair and re-pair the device. Needed to make sure both buds were paired/connected.

They sound just like the original M1's. I think they sound quite nice with Wavelet AutoEQ on and using foam tips. The bass is still a little overbearing though, specifically in the midbass region. Maybe I'm just too used to so many IEMs that are neutral with subbass boost tuning. 😅
Mine arrived today as well, after I lost my original pair. I had issues with the FW update too, on iOS. Just reset them and it finally worked. I love the foam tips. Can’t say they sound exactly like the M1, but they are highly EQ-able. Don’t mind the bass, but I do tone it down a bit.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #36,319 of 62,387
I’ve had a little time with the Panasonic now, not too much mind you. The ANC is pretty good for low frequency droning noises, though kind of not there for any high frequency stuff. For the most part, unless something is next to your ear you’ll likely not hear it, especially with music playing. So between the passive and active stuff, it’s more than adequate.

Ambient mode by default will amplify outside sounds quite strongly. Both the ANC and the passthrough modes are adjustable using the app’s sliders. Placing the slider about 30-50% through will make it about the same volume as if you didn’t have them on. Though it does seem to play back the upper midrange frequencies a little higher than normal, just slightly though. Still quite good, but takes a bit of finagling to get right.

Sound signature is a bit on the bassy side. A little stronger than what the Harman curve (for IEMs) calls for, but just a little. The bass as a whole is on the slower side with a large body and sort of boomy presence. It’s still well controlled and makes little to no attempt at texturing. I would describe the bass as one-noted. Midrange is warmed up by the bass and on the smoother side of things with just a hint of energy, though it could use some from this perspective. Treble is on the softer side of things and quite smooth overall. As a whole, I do enjoy the sound signature and feel they’d definitely be a steal for 40 bucks. For an ANC headphone at the 180 price point, I feel the SQ is fair when factoring in the rest.

There is a 5-band EQ that can help even out the tonality of some stuff. But there are things that an EQ just can’t fix.

Edit: the EQ only goes to +/- 6 dB. So there is a small limit to it as most apps I’ve seen go up to 10 dB, though you generally don’t want to push it that far anyways.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #36,321 of 62,387
1629252586632.png

You know...for all the crud I could possibly give Samsung for the battery issues they had in the past, I have to hand it to them on design. This case is tiny and these buds are ridiculously good-looking. Lavender was the right choice.

1629252857192.png

Setup process was as dead simple as I was hoping for, though I honestly think the easiest setup I've had yet is with the JBL Club Pro+. For some reason, JBL's implementation of Fast Pairing seemed to go from brand-new-in-box to playing tunes in a lot less time and that includes the time required to download the JBL/Samsung required app and update the firmware. Really, it's a toss-up. From what I can see at least, the case is not going to be a fingerprint magnet, but the buds definitely are. You might want to dedicate a microfiber to these...and another case for tips; you're not going to want to open the Breadbox for Ants more than once...ever.

I have no idea how they sound, by the way. The wife took a phone call and didn't complain, which is higher praise than I expected to receive. She's tired, though, and, well, I'm sure I don't have to explain what that means. She's so tired, she didn't even want to put the second bud in to test ANC. The HearThrough caught her off guard, but I have a feeling she never used that feature on the APPs, so there's no basis for comparison. The best I got was "that's weird."

Aug 17, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #36,322 of 62,387
I had the Soundpeats T2 under my radar too. I ended up buying the Jabra 85t because I found a good price, but I'm still curious how do they compare in terms of sound?
And do the T2 feel somehow open as the 85t or they create that closed-in feeling in the ear-canal?
Thanks!
in terms of open feel they are identical IMHO ... there should be a difference, since the Jabra have oval tips .. yeah, maybe I feel it a little ... as for the sound, I want to say the Jabra sound better, but I think that might be my wallet brain talking (4 times the money, HAS to sound better) ... i'd love to do a true blindfold A/B with those, someone puts them in my ear, not telling me which is which ... i think they are VEYR close

Aug 18, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #36,323 of 62,387
Yeah, takes a quick mental adjustment to get used to the healthier lower mids that seem to make up Cambridge's "sound." I find earbuds make a pretty decent palate-cleanser for that sort of thing, so I don't notice it now as much as I used to. Glad you were able to figure out the update issue.

Now I know I said there wouldn't be any new arrivals...

IMG_20210817_171949.jpg

...and I was serious. These are the wife's, but at least I can sneak them away from her every now and then. She just got a S21 Ultra, so no more Airpods Pro. Yes, I know they'll still pair up, but they won't "work" the same way and this is someone I'm trying to help get through the Apple-Android UI chasm. Really don't want to add TWS gripes into the list of issues I'll be dealing with.
Might have been better with the new beats that have the chip in that let’s them play nice with android?

Aug 18, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #36,326 of 62,387
Just hopped on to say goodbye. Maybe for a while, maybe permanently. Veterans on this forum need to change their tune.

I will not be attending CanJam and I will not be providing this site with any more content. I wish you all the best should you choose to stay here, but I can no longer support what Head-Fi has become.

Goodbye.

Aug 18, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #36,327 of 62,387
Just hopped on to say goodbye. Maybe for a while, maybe permanently. Veterans on this forum need to change their tune.

I will not be attending CanJam and I will not be providing this site with any more content. I wish you all the best should you choose to stay here, but I can no longer support what Head-Fi has become.

Goodbye.
:frowning2:

Aug 18, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #36,328 of 62,387

Goodbye.
Who cares what so-called veterans think or do though? You do you, and if you don't find the joy in being here anymore then that's it. Even as someone who used to just watch this thread without actively participating, it was obvious how much the others benefited from your participation and I am sure you got to enjoy other experiences too. Just saying- it's not worth letting anyone dictate your presence on an online forum of all places lol.

Aug 18, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #36,329 of 62,387
Anyone noticing software gremlins with the T5II ANC. Mine are dead after being plugged in all day. Not a good sign.
Weird. No issue here so far. Did you hard reset?

Aug 18, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #36,330 of 62,387
Only issue I’ve come across is with charging the case, especially using wireless. Case can get very hot and go into a warning mode, with lights blinking.
I had that happen on my Nomad pad but hasn't happened on the Klipsch one yet. Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back