Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 22, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #35,386 of 62,400
Quick update, in particular FAO samandhi and miserybeforethemusic (great name :D) regarding my Creative Outlier Air v2 TWS. They very kindly recommended me to try some other buds with long battery life and a more analytical sound as I was complaining about aspects of these such as mid bass slam.

I was going to go and demo the Melomania Touch. My update is that I decided not to bother to get a demo or look any further for buds because something changed and I'm now absolutely in love with these buds. I took them on the train with me for the first time a few days ago and then walked around London with my camera and honestly, I was so impressed with the sound quality these have. The bass cuts nicely through most of the engine rumbling when on a train.

They're not bass monsters as such but they do have a lot of bass and such a nice deep solid thump, (I listen to Steely Dan most of the time), that I find them irresistible. I think I might prefer them now to my wired ibasso IT01, at least, for the lower end of bass. ibasso still win on the mid or upper bass and feeling a sense of air being moved by the kick drum, but I can enjoy both buds for those two different aspects. The Creative has a really nice warm and fat sound. I've gotten used to the sound signature and enjoy them for what they offer without needing to compare to my other buds anymore. A joy to listen to and any issues I thought these had at the beginning with clipping haven't reappeared. Oh, and I thought I'd lost them yesterday until I realised I'd left them in a shop and was able to rush back to retrieve them before they closed!
Do they give you that sound you are looking for to hear the drums? For me they do very nicely in that realm. Now that you have them, listen to some Rush (anything from) "Moving Pictures" or "2112", and you should enjoy the absolute magic that is Neal Peart (IMO). Congratz!

Jul 22, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #35,387 of 62,400
Do you guys prefer having just one set of earbuds that you just use as your daily driver, or do you prefer having plenty of different sets of earbuds for different use cases?

Right now i'm still deciding between just getting one more expensive earbud like the WF-1000XM4 or Devialet Gemini's, or trying to find some nice open box deals and good value for the money-type earbuds, like I found the Bowers & Wilkins PI5 for $120, Bose QC Buds for $100, and then possibly might spring for Soundcore Life P3, Edifier Neobuds Pro, Moondrop Sparks, Status Between Pro, Soundpeats H1, or Earfun Free Pro or something like that.

I feel like i'm posting a bunch of dumb questions all the time here but I'm terrible at making decisions so I try to hear other people's reasoning when it comes to stuff like this.

Also, for people with the PI5, are they worth $120? I feel like i've seen people say that they're not worth it at the regular asking price and that they've been terrible with connection issues and I don't think I can live with dropouts and lag when I have two pretty cheap sets of earbuds that both are Bluetooth 5.2 and have been extremely solid when it comes to connection (like actually both earbuds are the first ones that are actually connected to the phone even before I've managed to put them in my ears after taking them out of the case, the "connected" voice prompt have usually already played when they're in my ears).
But at $120 it sounds like quite a steal, but when it comes to earbuds with constant audio cutouts and connection dropouts I wouldn't want to pay even $30.

i myself use several different sets of cheaper and mid priced TWS that i use in rotation, especially when bingeing episodes on netflix, that i might use 2 or 3 sets in one day because of the battery. i also like using open earbuds design or closed ANC enabled TWS depending on the situation. If i really want to listen to music wirelessly, i would opt for my BT20S Pro solution instead.

my personal reasoning is that higher priced TWS would drop in price and tech quite rapidly, so it’s more reasonable to have several cheaper ones instead

Jul 22, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #35,388 of 62,400
i myself use several different sets of cheaper and mid priced TWS that i use in rotation, especially when bingeing episodes on netflix, that i might use 2 or 3 sets in one day because of the battery. i also like using open earbuds design or closed ANC enabled TWS depending on the situation. If i really want to listen to music wirelessly, i would opt for my BT20S Pro solution instead.

my personal reasoning is that higher priced TWS would drop in price and tech quite rapidly, so it’s more reasonable to have several cheaper ones instead
That certainly makes sense

Jul 22, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #35,389 of 62,400
I'm looking for a QC20 alternative ? as in a wired ANC earbud. I'd much appreciate anyone's suggestions. Thank you
I think this is a dying breed with the QC20 being the pinnacle of the species. Before those I used and very much liked the Audio Technica ath anc23 ... not sure if those can still be found.

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/audio-technica-ath-anc23-review/

just also remembering the JBL Reflect Aware, which sounded great, but died for unknown reasons. Not sure if the only came with lightning plug. ANC was decent
https://www.jbl.com.sg/noise-cancelling-headphones/REFLECT+AWARE.html?dwvar_REFLECT AWARE_color=Black-GLOBAL-Current&cgid=noise-cancelling-headphones#start=1

There was also a TaoTronics model which was not that great anyways and seems to have vanished

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #35,390 of 62,400
After a week with the Sennheiser CX TWS i'm going to send them back. This is just my personal opinion but even besides personal taste in the tuning, these aren't anything special on a technical basis either. The Bass, even though it's not as bumped as some other IEM, overshadows and veiles the mids by a good degree. Turning the bass down on the Sennheiser EQ helps but its still lacking in clarity when there is no bass left. I have headphones with more bass but still much clearer mids. Bass impact is average, soundstage is average, detail is average. Nothing really stands out on this TWS but you could also say nothing offends either. I really like Sennheiser, i love the Momentum 3, HD800S, HD560S, HD25 and some others. Wanted to enjoy this but it was no match.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #35,392 of 62,400
They might have to go neckband style. Several of them can be used wired.

Question to the other new N6 Pro2 owners. Not sure where you acquired from but did you get the microfiber pouch taped to the box?...
1626896693702.png
Guess it was this instead of the Spin Fit this time.

got mine from Earspan in Australia and no microfiber pouch. Is this from Japan?

Jul 22, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #35,393 of 62,400
got mine from Earspan in Australia and no microfiber pouch. Is this from Japan?
Yep, from japan. Can come in handy more for cleaning. Even though the case has the satin/sateen finish it does show fingerprints.

Jul 22, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #35,394 of 62,400
Does anyone know if there's any trustworthy stores where you can order the Nuarl earbuds to Europe? It seems like they only have a presence in Asia, NZ/AUS and the US, and they seem to have pretty interesting stuff!

Also, for any of you who remembered that I had a dispute with a store about the fact that they put up the Sennheiser MTW2's for $135 instead of $269 but refused to sell it to me for that price? I filed a claim against the store with the The National Board for Consumer Disputes, found out that I won that claim so I actually get to buy them for that price. When I had finally decided to buy the Sonys... lmao. But yeah i'll probably get the Senns now.

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #35,395 of 62,400
Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #35,396 of 62,400
Jul 22, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #35,397 of 62,400
I'm really stuck in a pickle here. Can't decide between the X4, Falcon Pro, pi7. I'm going to finally pull the trigger tomorrow and retire my beats pro I used at the gym for like 2 years straight. Sq and gain are most important to me. I've missed a lot of pages so does anyone have any input?

Jul 22, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #35,398 of 62,400
I'm really stuck in a pickle here. Can't decide between the X4, Falcon Pro, pi7. I'm going to finally pull the trigger tomorrow and retire my beats pro I used at the gym for like 2 years straight. Sq and gain are most important to me. I've missed a lot of pages so does anyone have any input?
You mean XM4 right? If you want the Gym then you could use the ANC so Noble is gone. PI7 may have the absolute best SQ but in the gym it may not even come through there so is it worth the extra price and any possible issues and much lower battery life. That leaves the XM4 in the lead. :)

Jul 22, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #35,399 of 62,400
You mean XM4 right? If you want the Gym then you could use the ANC so Noble is gone. PI7 may have the absolute best SQ but in the gym it may not even come through there so is it worth the extra price and any possible issues and much lower battery life. That leaves the XM4 in the lead. :)
From what I gathered is that the Nobles get pretty loud. My beats pros in ear get loud enough to drown out all the noise there. I'm kind of leaning to getting the Sonys tomorrow and giving them a try.

Jul 22, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #35,400 of 62,400
From what I gathered is that the Nobles get pretty loud. My beats pros in ear get loud enough to drown out all the noise there. I'm kind of leaning to getting the Sonys tomorrow and giving them a try.

Well if just turning up the volume was a great answer we might not have/need ANC but it really isn't so good for your ears. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back