Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 23, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #35,416 of 62,665
Been back on the Melomania Touch this week and it still blows my mind just how "right" they got the tonality on that set. I've since switched over from the Azla Crystal to the EPro TW00 (need the extra length, not so much the width) and they're just so dang comfortable for long-term listening.

PXL_20210723_161912486.jpg

Perhaps more surprising is that, even at lower volumes, I'm picking up a lot of the overtones and harmonics from synths that I don't think I was picking up on before. Albums like Boogie Belgique's Volta are an absolute treat with the MT as a result and I think they do a phenomenal job of staying firmly planted in the "musical" TWS category without sacrificing on resolution. Gym, home, commuting, I think it's been said a lot before, but the Melomania Touch is probably the most qualified TWS in my stable for EDC status.
Well after having some time with the N6 Pro2 I have to say they are the most complete TWS so far. They work 100%. The controls respond right away and I have gotten used to their position. The buttons being toward the front took a few times to get used to. I might have preferred toward the back so the front has more room to adjust using thumb in back and forefinger in front but not an issue. You learn it after a bit. Battery life is good, controls are good, reception/stability is as good as any so far. Comfort is good and fit is good and got easier with time just not like my JVC AE5T where you just push them in and done. Maybe a little pushing the fin in place is needed but fine. Only thing I don't really like is still the ambient volume. Good usually but not great for noisier places. I was mailing out a pair of earphones I sold and when I got to the window I felt the need to take a side out to hear better against the noise from a bunch of other patrons going about their business.
The irony behind you and I both coming out with statements like that right on top of each other is pretty funny, but also pretty awesome. Nice for people to have choices :)

Jul 23, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #35,417 of 62,665
Been back on the Melomania Touch this week and it still blows my mind just how "right" they got the tonality on that set. I've since switched over from the Azla Crystal to the EPro TW00 (need the extra length, not so much the width) and they're just so dang comfortable for long-term listening.

PXL_20210723_161912486.jpg

Perhaps more surprising is that, even at lower volumes, I'm picking up a lot of the overtones and harmonics from synths that I don't think I was picking up on before. Albums like Boogie Belgique's Volta are an absolute treat with the MT as a result and I think they do a phenomenal job of staying firmly planted in the "musical" TWS category without sacrificing on resolution. Gym, home, commuting, I think it's been said a lot before, but the Melomania Touch is probably the most qualified TWS in my stable for EDC status.

The irony behind you and I both coming out with statements like that right on top of each other is pretty funny, but also pretty awesome. Nice for people to have choices :)
Would love to check them out, but they are impossible to get hold of in Norway :frowning2:

Jul 23, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #35,419 of 62,665
Also, an update on my thoughts of the
Earfun Free Pro - Oluv Edition:

Honestly, these are GOOD. The sound signature took me awhile to get used to because i've almost exclusively always had buds with a more v-shaped sound signature...
But damn I really enjoy these. The clarity and details are on point, the positioning is fantastic, and mostly everything that was recorded well sounds really damn good. Soundstage seems average, not what I'd call big but it's not entirely "in-your-head" either, instruments are well-separated and you can tell where the sound is coming from but it doesn't extend that far out to the sides.

I thought it sounded quite "flat" at the start when using them but they definitely aren't, but I would absolutely call them neutral. I don't believe in burn-in being real but they honestly sound completely different from when I first picked them up, and I think it's just me getting used to the way they sound.

I don't want to hype them up too much because I haven't tried other more "neutral" offerings like the Lyperteks, Technics, etc, but they're probably one of my favorite earbuds that I've used at this point and i've tried plenty of earbuds costing 5x as much basically. If I look at them from a pure convenience standpoint they won't win any awards, the ANC doesn't remove much but it does help a little bit, the call quality seems to be okay, not Sony WF-1000XM3 bad, but not the best. Haven't gotten any complaints from other people like I have with several other earbuds, but I have had to repeat myself a few times when I talked to people. The charging case being pretty slim and having wireless charging is super nice though.

They sound fantastic when listening to music with real instruments, at least some genres. It's not the best for metal, hardcore and music like that. But music with a less heavy sound is really nice, like Pinegrove, The Antlers, The Mars Volta, Kero Kero Bonito just to mention a few. It just sounds so natural and... clean? Drums sound really snappy and I feel like I can actually the characteristics of the drum kit they're playing and individual cymbals and crash hits which at least to me can be difficult to pick out with certain earbuds.
Also tried a bunch of 90's jams that just sounded so good too.

Those parts of my music taste might not be the most dominant part, but electronic music and pop also sounds really good, and you can definitely get some good punch when you listen to something heavier but electronic like Deathpact, but I sometimes feel like a little bit more bass slam could be nice when listening to drum & bass like Metrik and Netsky.

Jul 23, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #35,420 of 62,665
Those parts of my music taste might not be the most dominant part, but electronic music and pop also sounds really good, and you can definitely get some good punch when you listen to something heavier but electronic like Deathpact, but I sometimes feel like a little bit more bass slam could be nice when listening to drum & bass like Metrik and Netsky.
Oh you and I could have a grand old time sharing music. Big fan of Hospital and RAM. If you haven't added this album into your collection, I highly recommend it. Altitude is one of my favorite test tracks for big fat open-backs. If it can nail the bassline on the chorus, that pair's a winner:

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #35,422 of 62,665
You mean XM4 right? If you want the Gym then you could use the ANC so Noble is gone. PI7 may have the absolute best SQ but in the gym it may not even come through there so is it worth the extra price and any possible issues and much lower battery life. That leaves the XM4 in the lead. :)
he literally said SQ was most important to him dude….

Jul 23, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #35,423 of 62,665
Levio-saaaah, levi-oooh-sa :)

The problem with a statement like that is...what aspects of SQ are more important to them? Haven't found a do-all TWS yet (tonally speaking), unfortunately.

Jul 23, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #35,424 of 62,665
And I said since the gym kills some SQ and ANC can preserve it so there is little edge to the Noble. Why is that not about SQ? Ever been to the gym and cranking something especially since it is a hybrid with different drivers can be troublesome. Not to mention if the Noble even has the headroom to be cranked. XM4 still seems the safer bet.

Jul 23, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #35,425 of 62,665
And I said since the gym kills some SQ and ANC can preserve it so there is little edge to the Noble. Why is that not about SQ? Ever been to the gym and cranking something especially since it is a hybrid with different drivers can be troublesome. Not to mention if the Noble even has the headroom to be cranked. XM4 still seems the safer bet.
Noble has an egregious amount of headroom on the 8T. My biggest gripe with using it is I have to drive the preamp gain down to -9dB just to have a usable volume range or it's deafeningly loud after 3 or 4 clicks. A lot of that has to do with the BAs being positioned right at the nozzle mesh, so it's practically in your ear canal already. The EQ is, thankfully, pretty responsive and at the Noble app level, meaning it should be a universal setting.

It's just $300 and quickly getting outpaced by the competition as price drops. If they had a little better passive isolation, I'd be recommending the FITS instead.

Jul 23, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #35,426 of 62,665
He literally said SQ is his priority, so either he’s using it outside of the gym (highly likely), or, unlike you, sq is important to him during a workout.

Im pretty sure he knows what hes after…

Jul 23, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #35,427 of 62,665
I'm really stuck in a pickle here. Can't decide between the X4, Falcon Pro, pi7. I'm going to finally pull the trigger tomorrow and retire my beats pro I used at the gym for like 2 years straight. Sq and gain are most important to me. I've missed a lot of pages so does anyone have any input?
If you have an iPhone skip the Pi7 (they sound poor on AAC compared to aptx hd). If SQ really is your priority, gauging from responses here its Falcon/PI7 > XM4.

Its generally agreed the xm4 sq and pi7 sq are similar on iPhone from what I can tell. I have the Pi7 and they sound miiles better on aptx HD, so take from that what you will. Flossy Carter did a comparison of the Pi7 and XM4 on his youtube channel you might want to check out

Jul 23, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #35,428 of 62,665
Its generally agreed the xm4 sq and pi7 sq are similar on iPhone from what I can tell. I have the Pi7 and they sound miiles better on aptx HD, so take from that what you will. Flossy Carter did a comparison of the Pi7 and XM4 on his youtube channel you might want to check out
Major caveat that Flossy's preferred sound signature is pretty close to the opposite of what most people here favor (his words: maximum bass, maximum highs, minimum mids). His videos are good resources for the features and to get a visual, but I don't trust his ears at all, especially after having seen some of the EQ curves he builds.

Let me emphasize: I appreciate what he does for the community and I'm not trying to trash-talk him, but folks should understand what he's after in a set of TWS and how, more than likely, his sound preferences are incompatible (at best) with ours.

Jul 23, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #35,429 of 62,665
My top 3 for SQ (no other criteria considered, in no specific order):

1. Melomania Touch
2. UE FITS
3. Technics AZ70W

And I know I just sang praises about the Falcon Pro, but if you can get any of these at $150 or less, I wouldn't even bother with the Noble. The MTs have wings (great for stability in the gym, especially with the EPro TW00 tips), FITS are semi-custom and don't budge once they're in, but might leak a little more noise which makes them less ideal for noisy gyms. The Technics have the least confident fit, but fantastic ANC, workable Audio PassThrough, and is more suited for acoustic/live material. Just have to keep the battery drain issue in the back of your mind and make sure you top off the charge if it's been on the shelf for a while.

And, of those three, I believe more people will pick up and immediately like the MT over the other two; both the Technics and UE are more of a "grower" set.

Jul 23, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #35,430 of 62,665
If you have an iPhone skip the Pi7 (they sound poor on AAC compared to aptx hd). If SQ really is your priority, gauging from responses here its Falcon/PI7 > XM4.

No iPhone here. I have the Galaxy z fold 2. I purchased the Nobles. They should get here tomorrow or Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back