Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 20, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #35,341 of 62,814
Considering where we generally wear our iem's I'm more than satisfied with the experience I get with most of my iem's and that's with either my MMCX or 2 Pin adapter on them :thinking: Portable/mobile listening has so many challenges to overcome and I think the thought of having perfect playback on the go is really just a pipe dream:grin:

Obsidians.jpg

In my 65 years there has never been nor will be the perfect sound reproduction from live settings, wired SACD to dedicated headphone amp wired to headphones. Too many variables in any chosen playback setup. WRLS front ends to WRLS Headphones/buds or iem's are the future just ask any teenage iPhone/Airbuds user:rolling_eyes: This hobby is so subjective and personal one just needs to be happy we have come this far and can still enjoy our music:beerchug:

Jul 20, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #35,342 of 62,814
Got the Nuarl N6 Pro2 in. I do indeed like the color scheme of the Bordeaux. Really thought the earfin things would be a bit more firm and supportive than they are. I like the Block Ear+ tips in and of them selves as tips but not sure about them with the Pro2. Case is nice just a bit chunky in it's height. I swapped out the Block Ear+ for Spiral Dot SF...
IMG_1672.JPG

Sound seems just right. Balanced. Have not gone out with them yet but they have the right amount of bass and if the previous model had less than it wasn't enough for the outside world. Still seems less than the E16. Early comparison certainly shows the Sabbat plays with the big boys. Seems like a bit better up through the magnetostat part which may give more detail and resolution up high. Again, soon out of the box so the Nuarl deserves some run in. Ambient is pretty clean and natural but it is like I wanted to turn the mics louder. Seems to amount of ambient adjustment just on and off. Ambient is really only a small bit better than just pausing and hearing passively. Guess it has no noise that way and may tame wind noise but it doesn't "hearthrough" as much as the JVC, Victor, or AT do.

Need more time with them for sure but so far so good.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #35,343 of 62,814
Got the Nuarl N6 Pro2 in. I do indeed like the color scheme of the Bordeaux. Really thought the earfin things would be a bit more firm and supportive than they are. I like the Block Ear+ tips in and of them selves as tips but not sure about them with the Pro2. Case is nice just a bit chunky in it's height.
IMG_1672.JPG
Sound seems just right. Balanced. Have not gone out with them yet but they have the right amount of bass and if the previous model had less than it wasn't enough for the outside world. Still seems less than the E16. Early comparison certainly shows the Sabbat plays with the big boys. Seems like a bit better up through the magnetostat part which may give more detail and resolution up high. Again, soon out of the box so the Nuarl deserves some run in. Ambient is pretty clean and natural but it is like I wanted to turn the mics louder. Seems to amount of ambient adjustment just on and off. Ambient is really only a small bit better than just pausing and hearing passively. Guess it has no noise that way and may tame wind noise but it doesn't "hearthrough" as much as the JVC, Victor, or AT do.

Need more time with them for sure but so far so good.
So does the earfin not flex and form around the inner ear cavity? I thought they were soft enough to form fit to that cavity but sturdy enough to hold the earpiece in place!

Jul 20, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #35,344 of 62,814
So does the earfin not flex and form around the inner ear cavity? I thought they were soft enough to form fit to that cavity but sturdy enough to hold the earpiece in place!
The flexing part is fine. The sturdy to hold them in is more like the ambient volume level where I would want more. Gets the job done but not as stable as my Sport90BT or the JVC AE5T. Like the other user that brushed their N6 Pro and the right side fell out and broke I can see how that happened now. Need to be careful with hoods and hats later in the year. They stay in but are not safely locked in if you get my description. :)

I could fix them right up....
IMG_1673.JPG

...but of course they won't fit in the case any more.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #35,345 of 62,814
Anyone tried soundpeats gamer no.1?

I have a favorite Japan-based IEM reviewer, he usuallyi reviews those big names but this time the reviewer commented “one of best positioning and uniformed diffusion field”.

I can understand thesedays the manufacturer tags “for gaming” for better sales even for their regular line-ups. Good example was Final Audio VR3000 for gaming, I found it has very higu positioning fidelity as well as natural timbre. Reproduction.

I heard the Gamer No.1 has ideal loudness curve to simulate realistic free field.

Here is the translated review. It intrigued my interest.
https://www-ear--phone--review-com....x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=ajax,nv,elem
Following up on this, Just got it today.

!? The diffusion field management is excellent! Not super wide, but the positioning is amazing, the imaging is very holographic. I hardly can expect this much of sound stage handling from a barely $30 TWS....

Resolution is just the average, but this toy is certainly worth a play, it certainly reminds me of UM MEST MKII in terms of diffusion field. Need a further investigation...

I'm shocked because I spent a fortune for IEMs and noticed something as little as this little $30 TWS could handle the sound stage this much...

This IEM contains 2 drivers (not sure it's a hybrid, but I feel it's dual DD), and this dual DD handles HRTF very well which I can say.

-Sounds like earbud style open field diffusion
-diffusing but accurate imaging
-Resolution: C (Slightly lowert than AirPods Pro, bass texture is not that great)
-Imaging: S+ (why so holographic!?)
-Positioning: S+ (why so accurate?!)

-I can see this can be used for gaming, but for music as well, the position reproduction capability is very excellent.
-Pretty sure this will stay on top of my list as best coordinate positioning IEM ( not limited to TWS)

673D27BF-D6C2-457D-AD05-87380ACC72DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #35,346 of 62,814
Apologies for the long review - I might have gotten carried away.

N6 Pro 2’s arrived Monday and I've been banging them for a few days.

Box - Standard box, earbuds are out of the case and using this nice little clip system to stay in place over the foam. Inside the box smells like a new sneaker box. I liked that.
The first thing I noticed is that pretty much every photo including photos I’ve taken make these look way bigger than they are. Although just like a lot of the Bose Soundsport products you won't be lying on your side with these in.

No Spin fit included. Just standard Block ears +. Not a real problem + I bought the spin fit 360’s for the N6 Mini so I have some ready to go.

Love the colour of the case + the buds, got the Bordeaux and am happy I did. Case snaps shut nicely with some magnetic function. I think the aesthetic design is fantastic, a big fan of the style.

Comfort/Fit These are quite comfortable. wingtips cause me discomfort after casual listening for more than an hour on all buds I’ve tried, Generally, wing-tipped TWS are for running where 1-2 hours is the max I will do and have more things on my mind than my ears. But these are the softest I’ve felt so far, I think they would stay in my ears without the wings altogether but you can also get away without putting them in your ear grooves. I forgot they were in on an 8km I went for yesterday. They don't move around and are secure. But I do see how they could be knocked out by hoodies or hats as some users mention above.

Wingtips are very pliable so it is ok that they need to be pushed into my little ear cave. But smaller extra wings would have been a nice option..

Connection is seamless and simple. Distance is good, connecting across devices is easy. Disconnect from one and then connect on the other.

Now on to SONIC PERFORMANCE.
This is the reason we got these little burgundy devils. My reference TWS is the N6 Mini, not exactly fair since they use the same drivers as the N6 which is bassier than the N6 pro, and they also don’t come with the HDSS. But enough of that, Let’s just say it how it is.

AMAZING. Yea they sound fantastic. I’m easy to please. I think I like bass but I don’t think I am a basshead. Goa trance (Like Psytrance + Techno) is my main genre. It isn’t EDM that needs rumbling sub-bass and relies on the low ends at all times. But at 145 BPM’s you want it to be quick, punchy and Deep. It also presents a plethora of layers that stack around each other and do all sorts of twists and turns. Well, These deliver on that no problem. They outperform the N6 Mini, The Fiil T1X/T1XS.

I’ve heard people say that they don’t sound great on poorly mastered tracks. Whose listening to poorly mastered tracks? … That being said I actually think the opposite is true for poorly mastered tracks. Dreamchilds - Manta Ray and Chi A.D’s Earthcrossing album are both notoriously poorly mastered but expertly written, they actually sound better on these with more emotional depth than I'm used to.

No bad tracks here, on A Phauns newest ambient release “Regeneration” I can hear all of the little electric flicks, the drips deep in the background, it only has a few moments of bass but I can say that they are deep and fulfilling. Overall I feel like ‘elevating’ is the right word for how music sounds on these.

My usual reference track for headphones is anything by Nibana, this time I chose Moonset. The melody is moving and delicate, the detail is impeccable and there is a sense of being surrounded by the sweet sweet layers.

For me the mids are the most important part. I need detailed, textured forward mids that don’t get lost around a multitude of other layers. In progressive psytrance who is a better bass monster than the ‘Fabio & Moon’ boys. Pure club trance and the Pro 2’s deliver just fine. Powerful, loud, punchy and energetic kickdrums with a solid bassline.

I’ve also listened to a few songs with mechanical, industrial, cyber sounds and FX. I had to look around to see if someone was operating some equipment near me. The sound stage really is magnificent and quite wide. These are the first IEMS that I have used where the sound didn’t feel like it was coming from the eartips themselves. I got that a little bit with the N6 Mini but it’s on another level here.

For the rock enthusiasts my reference band was ‘We Lost The Sea - Challenger Part 1’. When the rock finally starts I can hear differences that I never paid much attention to earlier. The clicking together of drum sticks, the clashing of cymbals from forward to back and the riffing of guitar strings all make themselves more known.

Final rock test track is We Lost The Sea - The Last Sun. The final 4 minutes of this 14-minute song usually leave me worried that my speakers or ears are going to explode at any point. On a lot of earphones, the sound muddies and distorts as the track climbs and climbs which probably has a lot to do with the recording too. So how does the Pro 2 stack up? The best of ANY in earbuds I’ve heard so far. During the final few seconds of the apex, I can still distinguish the cymbals from the kick drum from the guitar from the electronic elements. I have no fear for my ears and it didn’t sound like the pro 2’s were going to explode either. . . Which is nice.

Now for a psychotic Goa trance track, I went with Moksha from Psylent Buddhi and it was a true riot. True the recording was already top notch, even my Pamu buds sound good here but on the Pro 2 it was another entire auditory experience.

I’m not big on EDM but I listened to The Business by Tiesto for you EDMammals. The vocals are airy and balanced with the other layers. Kickdrum is full and tbh I can appreciate the track a lot more than I usually would.

To get some proper sub bass rumbles I turned to RL Grime - Scylla. The sub bass is where it should be, it isn’t the vibrating underground club experience but it’s exactly where I would want it to be for a TWS. Sitting under the bass while leads toot overhead with force and power.

… I have to retract the above about sub bass. I just listened to some Kendrick and Kanye West and noticed that the sub-bass is way bigger than I thought it was. But I've already written the above so I'll leave it there for the Electro heads. Blood On The Leaves brings plenty of rumbling vibrations along with it and Kendricks - Hood Politics is deep and brings all sorts of satisfying vibratory enjoyment. All the other track production is spot on and a delight to the senses.

That brings me to buttons. At first I was excited for buttons instead of the almost always unused touch controls. But now I see why manufacturers might be more prone to use a touch function instead. I only use the functions either when at the desk or while running. I have to admit that while running the touch controls are much easier to use. While at the desk the buttons are preferable and this is all just nitpicking based on preference. What isn't nitpicking is the button beep on volume up and down functions. Seems very unnecessary, who in their right mind wants a beep while messing with volume?

Luckily touch and button functions on TWS are usually not good enough to warrant me using them. Just push the phone button, it ain’t so hard. What's the problem? You’re telling me that we can carry our phones around like an extension of our own bodies that we keep close to us for dear life but we can’t use the volume control when we have earbuds in? Who are we kidding? People here have like 8 + TWS units on them at all times, are we really remembering all of the different button combinations? And quite frankly it wouldn’t hurt for companies to stop enabling us and normalising the use of these functions. Get rid of em, increase your IPX and give people on the internet one less thing to complain about.

Ambient mode, ANC and other things - I find that Natural isolation is good enough on most headphones and TWS that I don’t know what the added benefit of ANC is other than to have a bunch of frequencies shot into your ears that I feel like I can always ‘Feel’. But that’s an opinion, it’s conjecture and irrelevant as there is no ANC. I will say the sound is wide and ‘full’ enough that even at low volumes I can’t hear my very loud wife when she yells directly at me for my attention.

Ambient mode is more useful I will admit and quite good on these. My own voice comes through really well and doesn't do that deep bass annoying thing, and other sounds as well as keyboard clicking come through nicely. All in all, I’d call them office appropriate.

Another point I've noticed from the N6 Mini and is the same here, but you can turn these up quite loud without it feeling ‘painful’ on the ears. My Fiil T1X/XS can only go so high before they start to produce diminishing returns. It’s not that they ‘hurt’ but just that the loudness isn’t enjoyable for whatever reason. I don’t get that on these so far, there is a sweet range from the medium volume to high volume point that produces satisfactory results.

Equalizer - is a bit of a laugh. 2 settings, ‘default’ & ‘flat’. I think default might be my preference. ‘Flat’ brings the sound ‘down’ while default seems to lift it if that makes sense? Maybe saying that ‘default’ spacializes the sound is more accurate, even though that isn’t a real word but you all get it. ‘Flat’ brings the sound closer to you and makes it sound more ‘full’. If you prefer big bass then Flat seems like the better option. Default is better for overall detail and treble.

The rest of the app is fine. You can change the button combos to 4 different presets (Great) for the front and back buttons which is a nice touch. The middle button stays set how it is.

Conclusion - I’m not the type of guy who would say that these are like hearing all your favourite songs for the first time again. But it is like hearing them from all angles with a fun and energetic sound that picks up as many details as my DT770’s or my MSR7B’s. And you get to have a badass looking pair of TWS in your ear while you do it.

Cons (Kinda) - Only one ear wing size, Beeping buttons.

Pro’s - The N6 Pro 2 picks up all of the track details and has one of the best sound stages I have ever heard on a pair of ear buds. Currently these are my favourite in ear buds. The design is lit and the sound is unreal. Everything is textured and positioned extraordinarily well.

@tma6 mentioned on their N6 Pro review that “the dynamics are also surprisingly good. You can actually hear crescendos when they occur in music, adding nice emotion to what could be perceived as a flat-ish sound signature.”

On the Pro 2 I see exactly what was meant. Most of the music I listen to tries to dig up some euphoric kind of emotion. On these buds, That emotion is exacerbated and brought even more to life. I can’t put my finger on exactly what they are doing to elicit this but I have to say, with everything taken into consideration, I highly recommend giving these a go. I love these things, I’m gonna treat them right and make an honest TWS out of them.

If you like the design and want to experience auditory delight then I recommend it. If you’re in Australia you can get them from the bad boys over at Earspan.com

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #35,347 of 62,814

Box - Standard box, earbuds are out of the case and using this nice little clip system to stay in place over the foam. Inside the box smells like a new sneaker box. I liked that.
The first thing I noticed is that pretty much every photo including photos I’ve taken make these look way bigger than they are. Although just like a lot of the Bose Soundsport products you won't be lying on your side with these in.

No Spin fit included. Just standard Block ears +. Not a real problem + I bought the spin fit 360’s for the N6 Mini so I have some ready to go.

Love the colour of the case + the buds, got the Bordeaux and am happy I did. Case snaps shut nicely with some magnetic function. I think the aesthetic design is fantastic, a big fan of the style.

Comfort/Fit These are quite comfortable. wingtips cause me discomfort after casual listening for more than an hour on all buds I’ve tried, Generally, wing-tipped TWS are for running where 1-2 hours is the max I will do and have more things on my mind than my ears. But these are the softest I’ve felt so far, I think they would stay in my ears without the wings altogether but you can also get away without putting them in your ear grooves. I forgot they were in on an 8km I went for yesterday. They don't move around and are secure. But I do see how they could be knocked out by hoodies or hats as some users mention above.

Wingtips are very pliable so it is ok that they need to be pushed into my little ear cave. But smaller extra wings would have been a nice option..

Connection is seamless and simple. Distance is good, connecting across devices is easy. Disconnect from one and then connect on the other.

This is the reason we got these little burgundy devils. My reference TWS is the N6 Mini, not exactly fair since they use the same drivers as the N6 which is bassier than the N6 pro, and they also don’t come with the HDSS. But enough of that, Let’s just say it how it is.

AMAZING. Yea they sound fantastic. I’m easy to please. I think I like bass but I don’t think I am a basshead. Goa trance (Like Psytrance + Techno) is my main genre. It isn’t EDM that needs rumbling sub-bass and relies on the low ends at all times. But at 145 BPM’s you want it to be quick, punchy and Deep. It also presents a plethora of layers that stack around each other and do all sorts of twists and turns. Well, These deliver on that no problem. They outperform the N6 Mini, The Fiil T1X/T1XS.

I’ve heard people say that they don’t sound great on poorly mastered tracks. Whose listening to poorly mastered tracks? … That being said I actually think the opposite is true for poorly mastered tracks. Dreamchilds - Manta Ray and Chi A.D’s Earthcrossing album are both notoriously poorly mastered but expertly written, they actually sound better on these with more emotional depth than I'm used to.

No bad tracks here, on A Phauns newest ambient release “Regeneration” I can hear all of the little electric flicks, the drips deep in the background, it only has a few moments of bass but I can say that they are deep and fulfilling. Overall I feel like ‘elevating’ is the right word for how music sounds on these.

My usual reference track for headphones is anything by Nibana, this time I chose Moonset. The melody is moving and delicate, the detail is impeccable and there is a sense of being surrounded by the sweet sweet layers.

For me the mids are the most important part. I need detailed, textured forward mids that don’t get lost around a multitude of other layers. In progressive psytrance who is a better bass monster than the ‘Fabio & Moon’ boys. Pure club trance and the Pro 2’s deliver just fine. Powerful, loud, punchy and energetic kickdrums with a solid bassline.

I’ve also listened to a few songs with mechanical, industrial, cyber sounds and FX. I had to look around to see if someone was operating some equipment near me. The sound stage really is magnificent and quite wide. These are the first IEMS that I have used where the sound didn’t feel like it was coming from the eartips themselves. I got that a little bit with the N6 Mini but it’s on another level here.

For the rock enthusiasts my reference band was ‘We Lost The Sea - Challenger Part 1’. When the rock finally starts I can hear differences that I never paid much attention to earlier. The clicking together of drum sticks, the clashing of cymbals from forward to back and the riffing of guitar strings all make themselves more known.

Final rock test track is We Lost The Sea - The Last Sun. The final 4 minutes of this 14-minute song usually leave me worried that my speakers or ears are going to explode at any point. On a lot of earphones, the sound muddies and distorts as the track climbs and climbs which probably has a lot to do with the recording too. So how does the Pro 2 stack up? The best of ANY in earbuds I’ve heard so far. During the final few seconds of the apex, I can still distinguish the cymbals from the kick drum from the guitar from the electronic elements. I have no fear for my ears and it didn’t sound like the pro 2’s were going to explode either. . . Which is nice.

Now for a psychotic Goa trance track, I went with Moksha from Psylent Buddhi and it was a true riot. True the recording was already top notch, even my Pamu buds sound good here but on the Pro 2 it was another entire auditory experience.

I’m not big on EDM but I listened to The Business by Tiesto for you EDMammals. The vocals are airy and balanced with the other layers. Kickdrum is full and tbh I can appreciate the track a lot more than I usually would.

To get some proper sub bass rumbles I turned to RL Grime - Scylla. The sub bass is where it should be, it isn’t the vibrating underground club experience but it’s exactly where I would want it to be for a TWS. Sitting under the bass while leads toot overhead with force and power.

… I have to retract the above about sub bass. I just listened to some Kendrick and Kanye West and noticed that the sub-bass is way bigger than I thought it was. But I've already written the above so I'll leave it there for the Electro heads. Blood On The Leaves brings plenty of rumbling vibrations along with it and Kendricks - Hood Politics is deep and brings all sorts of satisfying vibratory enjoyment. All the other track production is spot on and a delight to the senses.

That brings me to buttons. At first I was excited for buttons instead of the almost always unused touch controls. But now I see why manufacturers might be more prone to use a touch function instead. I only use the functions either when at the desk or while running. I have to admit that while running the touch controls are much easier to use. While at the desk the buttons are preferable and this is all just nitpicking based on preference. What isn't nitpicking is the button beep on volume up and down functions. Seems very unnecessary, who in their right mind wants a beep while messing with volume?

Luckily touch and button functions on TWS are usually not good enough to warrant me using them. Just push the phone button, it ain’t so hard. What's the problem? You’re telling me that we can carry our phones around like an extension of our own bodies that we keep close to us for dear life but we can’t use the volume control when we have earbuds in? Who are we kidding? People here have like 8 + TWS units on them at all times, are we really remembering all of the different button combinations? And quite frankly it wouldn’t hurt for companies to stop enabling us and normalising the use of these functions. Get rid of em, increase your IPX and give people on the internet one less thing to complain about.

Ambient mode, ANC and other things - I find that Natural isolation is good enough on most headphones and TWS that I don’t know what the added benefit of ANC is other than to have a bunch of frequencies shot into your ears that I feel like I can always ‘Feel’. But that’s an opinion, it’s conjecture and irrelevant as there is no ANC. I will say the sound is wide and ‘full’ enough that even at low volumes I can’t hear my very loud wife when she yells directly at me for my attention.

Ambient mode is more useful I will admit and quite good on these. My own voice comes through really well and doesn't do that deep bass annoying thing, and other sounds as well as keyboard clicking come through nicely. All in all, I’d call them office appropriate.

Another point I've noticed from the N6 Mini and is the same here, but you can turn these up quite loud without it feeling ‘painful’ on the ears. My Fiil T1X/XS can only go so high before they start to produce diminishing returns. It’s not that they ‘hurt’ but just that the loudness isn’t enjoyable for whatever reason. I don’t get that on these so far, there is a sweet range from the medium volume to high volume point that produces satisfactory results.

Equalizer - is a bit of a laugh. 2 settings, ‘default’ & ‘flat’. I think default might be my preference. ‘Flat’ brings the sound ‘down’ while default seems to lift it if that makes sense? Maybe saying that ‘default’ spacializes the sound is more accurate, even though that isn’t a real word but you all get it. ‘Flat’ brings the sound closer to you and makes it sound more ‘full’. If you prefer big bass then Flat seems like the better option. Default is better for overall detail and treble.

The rest of the app is fine. You can change the button combos to 4 different presets (Great) for the front and back buttons which is a nice touch. The middle button stays set how it is.

Conclusion - I’m not the type of guy who would say that these are like hearing all your favourite songs for the first time again. But it is like hearing them from all angles with a fun and energetic sound that picks up as many details as my DT770’s or my MSR7B’s. And you get to have a badass looking pair of TWS in your ear while you do it.

Pro’s - The N6 Pro 2 picks up all of the track details and has one of the best sound stages I have ever heard on a pair of ear buds. Currently these are my favourite in ear buds. The design is lit and the sound is unreal. Everything is textured and positioned extraordinarily well.

@tma6 mentioned on their N6 Pro review that “the dynamics are also surprisingly good. You can actually hear crescendos when they occur in music, adding nice emotion to what could be perceived as a flat-ish sound signature.”

On the Pro 2 I see exactly what was meant. Most of the music I listen to tries to dig up some euphoric kind of emotion. On these buds, That emotion is exacerbated and brought even more to life. I can’t put my finger on exactly what they are doing to elicit this but I have to say, with everything taken into consideration, I highly recommend giving these a go. I love these things, I’m gonna treat them right and make an honest TWS out of them.

If you like the design and want to experience auditory delight then I recommend it. If you’re in Australia you can get them from the bad boys over at Earspan.com
Agree. One can tell the volume change by ear and it should really only beep at the top and bottom notches so you know that is it. I like the button set up but to be honest they could have the smaller buttons stick up more than they do so you can tell them apart more. Should get easier with practice but you do need some practice.

Not so many impressions on the Pro2 so maybe they say they the Pro was not great with poorly recorded tracks but these seem like they are warmer and smoother so they should be just fine. I am actually hoping the run in will take a little bloom off the notes and sharpen them a little. Seems a smidge smooth and a little clean up would be great. Early for me and I may get that with tips I don't know. A little tighter and the dynamics come out a little more and a smidge more clarity and they will be just right.

Agree the ambient is solid. I tested it out at the store just a little bit ago and it worked well. They have solid mics. Ambient is all it does though. Some auto pause and some turn the volume down when ambient is turned on but the Nuarl doesn't do anything but ambient on and off.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #35,348 of 62,814
PXL_20210720_155912398.jpg
In other news, have been rocking the WH3 and Sedna Crystal tips for a long bout of synthwave and prog. This was a playlist I put together for the Campfire Honeydew I'm reviewing (which do excellent with the CF01), but figure someone might be able to find enjoyment here, especially on some of the more dynamic pairs of TWS. Enjoy!

That is a fantastic playlist BTW! I have listened to all but a song or two on that. It sounds amazing on my Deva, IT07, and my Moondrop Chaconne. Anyone wanting to test all aspects of their headphone/IEM/TWS must listen to this (IMO).

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #35,349 of 62,814

applause-clap-clap.gif

Jul 20, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #35,351 of 62,814

Really nice write up and thanks for the shout out :)

Jul 21, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #35,354 of 62,814

Nice write up! very detailed. you should cut and paste it in the Head Gear section. the N6 Pro2 do have more bass than the N10 Pro, i agree its more energetic and fast.

I personally really like the Nuarl line. i think it deserves more recognition and people hearing them. would be interesting to see how they compare to the Devialet Gemini or the PI7. i just cant justify the cost of those units to do a compare as i rarely use TWE those days.

Jul 21, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #35,355 of 62,814
I didn’t end up owning them. I tried a burned-in pair, liked the sound. From memory they had a good soundstage and imaging. I believe they were around 250€ when I tested them. I read the case had battery draining issues and I wasn’t up for it.

I went the MT route and I’m happy with them at half the price of the others.

I know it’s hard to try them at stores (impossible in Portugal) and I don’t like the purchase and return process so I risked it. At first I wasn’t so happy with the connectivity issues they had... but that’s gone. Even the sound improved with firmware and any EQ corrections were no longer even needed.
Not aware of MTW2 battery drain, mine have sat for a couple months at one point and still got normal use out of them. I purposely tested that after the issues i've had with MTW1 battery drain, which is only an issue if they sit idle fortunately. Either way, had the MTW2 for 15 months now, hopefully they don't randomly start draining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back