Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 19, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #35,326 of 62,728
Similar here, finally got access to an android phone and was able to do a firmware update and now I can even use the edge double-tab for volume control, while the buds are connected to my iPhone (it also keeps the 'dynamic' EQ I selected on the android phone) ... I was surprised to see when the Buds Pro were connected to Android that they were playing in AAC! I thought AAC was an apple only thing ...
I still hope some day there will be an app upgrade on iOS .. i like to block touches from time to time (i.e. for running, when I might have to adjust fit)
Android phones also have AAC but the implementation and SQ is apparently not as great as IOS (don't have any recent Apple devices to confirm myself). If you have a recent Samsung phone, it would connect using the Scalable codec, which is supposed to be capable of a much higher bitrate (I believe it can go up to 512kbps). Otherwise, for non-Samsung devices (e.g. any other Android or IOS device) you get AAC or SBC with Samsung earbuds. My Galaxy Buds and Galaxy Buds Live default to AAC since I no longer use any Samsung phones (currently have the LG V60 and OnePlus 8T).

Edit: I do not have the Buds Pro but assume they work the same way. Waiting to see what the Buds 2 and other Samsung releases look like.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #35,327 of 62,728
Android phones also have AAC but the implementation and SQ is apparently not as great as IOS (don't have any recent Apple devices to confirm myself). If you have a recent Samsung phone, it would connect using the Scalable codec, which is supposed to be capable of a much higher bitrate (I believe it can go up to 512kbps). Otherwise, for non-Samsung devices (e.g. any other Android or IOS device) you get AAC or SBC with Samsung earbuds. My Galaxy Buds and Galaxy Buds Live default to AAC since I no longer use any Samsung phones (currently have the LG V60 and OnePlus 8T).

Edit: I do not have the Buds Pro but assume they work the same way. Waiting to see what the Buds 2 and other Samsung releases look like.
I was actually considering grabbing a really cheap Samsung phone here, the M02, which can be had for less than 100$ new … but I feared it might be giving jittery music. For those ‘emerging markets’ budget phones you don’t find many reviews in English :wink:
Got a Redmi 9T, which somehow is even ‘hi res audio’ certified, but I could not find anything explaining what that actually means.
currently listening to it with my Apollo Bold and seeing that indeed,AptX is supported. Which was not super obvious before buying. Overall quite nice as a Bluetooth music player (that can also do some decent photos, has an FHD screen bigger than my iPhone 11, oh, and it even does phone calls :wink: )

Jul 19, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #35,328 of 62,728
Anyone got the Life P3 yet? I am really puzzled and of course a tad upset that I just sprang for the liberty air 2 pro a few weeks back ... and now every reviewer says these are possibly better? And the one thing that puzzles me is that new ambient / sleep sound feature, which seems to be very much app based, but only available to the Life P3? as far as my 5 minute testing just now went ...
Nice kick in the nuts Soundcore. Locking app features for others?

rant over
Reviewers nearly always say the new shiny shiny is the best one ever. That’s how they get the clicks and subscribers. The trick is to be happy with what you get when you get it. I can’t talk. Couple of weeks after getting airpod Pros I’m looking at xm 4s!

Jul 19, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #35,329 of 62,728
MTW2 have a firmware update. Notes only say it improves call quality.

Jul 19, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #35,330 of 62,728
MTW2 have a firmware update. Notes only say it improves call quality.
Just updated.

Haven't tried any calls just yet, but I think they sound different.
Mids/vocals are more emphasized, more "in front of you", and not as laid back (and almost inside your head) as before. (can't explain it better :) )
A little crispier high details as well? Still not the quickest and most tight bass, but I find it good enough. Goes deep enough, that's for sure.
I like it, cause the mids was the only thing I've been a little critical to.

Would love to hear your views, if you experience/hear the same change.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #35,331 of 62,728
Ya the lack of IOS support does suck for IOS users. I am pretty happy with my pair. The sound signature definitely is my wheelhouse. But I also am a Samsung user so gain the benefits of being in the Samsung family.
They actually responded to my App Store review
Inbox__19_336_messages_.jpg

That's kind of a non-answer ... by now the 15 miliseconds of fame the GBPro might have had are over and by adding app support NOW they are not going to win any new buyers ...

Well, I did the expected crazy thing and got myself a cheap-ish Andorid phone to be used as a music player mainly :)
(and back up for when teenager will loose / trash his current android phone)

Jul 20, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #35,332 of 62,728
PXL_20210717_094506427~2.jpg

Not sure if anyone has tried them here, but I tested the Tanchjim T-APB T300 eartips this weekend. In fact, I tested a LOT of tips so I'll be writing up an article soon, but the aforementioned were particularly interesting.

Will definitely be expanding on my usual Spinfit or Stock tip roll from now on. All future reviews from now will feature a recommended tip section, and I've already added it retrospectively to the Tronsmart Apollo Air, Soundpeats H1 and 1More Comfobuds Pro reviews, all of which benefitted hugely from the tips I settled on, but even tips are subjective of course so I'll add a full explanation with dimensions and effect etc. Good exercise and well worth the few hours spent listening to music again!

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #35,333 of 62,728
Jul 20, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #35,334 of 62,728

Not sure if anyone has tried them here, but I tested the Tanchjim T-APB T300 eartips this weekend. In fact, I tested a LOT of tips so I'll be writing up an article soon, but the aforementioned were particularly interesting.

Will definitely be expanding on my usual Spinfit or Stock tip roll from now on. All future reviews from now will feature a recommended tip section, and I've already added it retrospectively to the Tronsmart Apollo Air, Soundpeats H1 and 1More Comfobuds Pro reviews, all of which benefitted hugely from the tips I settled on, but even tips are subjective of course so I'll add a full explanation with dimensions and effect etc. Good exercise and well worth the few hours spent listening to music again!
Nice collection. Any chance you’ve come across new Spinfit CP100, Amazon calls them Plus? Looks like new model:
  • The New CP100: Upgraded sound, lengthend umbrella and softer silicon used!

Jul 20, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #35,335 of 62,728

I've heard great things about the Misodiko and Tanchjim tips. Those Feaulle look like Azla XELASTECs for the Freebuds Pro (interesting).

I've also had a lot of luck with those TrueGrip tips on taming the more treble-forward TWS sets that fit them. Surprised you found them in a plastic bag, though. Mine came in a hard plastic clamshell.

Jul 20, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #35,336 of 62,728

The one in the middle is cracking me up .. looks and sounds like a fancy condom :D

Jul 20, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #35,337 of 62,728
The one in the middle is cracking me up .. looks and sounds like a fancy condom :D
Now I really don't need to know what "receptor thermal activation" means.

Jul 20, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #35,338 of 62,728
PXL_20210720_155912398.jpg
In other news, have been rocking the WH3 and Sedna Crystal tips for a long bout of synthwave and prog. This was a playlist I put together for the Campfire Honeydew I'm reviewing (which do excellent with the CF01), but figure someone might be able to find enjoyment here, especially on some of the more dynamic pairs of TWS. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #35,339 of 62,728
Nice collection. Any chance you’ve come across new Spinfit CP100, Amazon calls them Plus? Looks like new model:
  • The New CP100: Upgraded sound, lengthend umbrella and softer silicon used!
In case anyone has similar question, I found this review:
https://audiosolace.com/2021/03/20/spinfit-ear-tips-review/
For one thing, according to them, core is larger, at 4.5-5.5 vs 3.8

“In terms of sonic impressions, there are subtle differences compared to the original CP100 model. For example the CP100+ has a slight bass elevation and more control over the higher frequencies than its original counterpart.”

Jul 20, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #35,340 of 62,728
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back