Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 15, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #35,236 of 62,967
Where did you order the Final TWS tips from? I like final tips a lot in general, but can't seem to find these for sale in the US. Got my Melomania Touch last night and the tip rolling has begun! Was disappointed to find the Spinfit CP-360 seem to be just a tad too long for reliable charging.
Yeah, it's a bummer with the 360 not fitting in the MT case, but I'm personally not a fan of how they affect the MT's signature, so I didn't experiment for long with them.
That's the place I ordered from. They seem to be pretty hard to find domestically, but MTMT is legit and they've come through for me twice now. I'd recommend.

Jul 15, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #35,237 of 62,967
Thanks it looks like there are Type E tips and also Type E TWS tips. I can't seem to find the TWS version at Audio46

Normal Type E with nozzle adaptors:
https://audio46.com/products/final-audio-type-e-tips-kit-with-case-and-nozzle-adaptor

Type E True Wireless (shorter nozzle)
https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/...-for-true-wireless-bluetooth-earphone-2-pairs
Ah got it. Thanks. Didnt even know there was a TWS version. I use the regular Type E for other TWS and wasnt even aware of that version. I will have to check them out.

Jul 15, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #35,239 of 62,967
Just an update on the Galaxy Buds Live:

I got my replacements from Samsung a while back and have been using them for calls. I just got off a Zoom call via Windows 10 laptop and it worked great. The invoice said they found an issue with "RX Audio" so I am guessing there was something wrong with my old ones. They were from when they first launched so maybe something changed in more recent units or they were just defective.

The replacements look like they are probably refurbished (no new set in sealed box) but I am not complaining since they have been working great now for calls and the replacement process was very easy and did not cost me anything (except time of course).

Jul 15, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #35,240 of 62,967
Has anyone tried the Soundcore P3s? I still feel like I’m waiting for the perfect TWS and am wondering if something like that would tide me over.
No, but i was thinking of buying a pair depending on what my wallet will allow me at the end of this month. Was thinking of going really big at first (think Sony XM4 or Devialet Gemini) but I think I’m settling for something a bit lesser right now. I’ve seen all the youtubers talk about them but I still feel like I’m not getting a clear picture on how good they sound or how good they are overall.

Jul 15, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #35,241 of 62,967
Ah got it. Thanks. Didnt even know there was a TWS version. I use the regular Type E for other TWS and wasnt even aware of that version. I will have to check them out.
Same here, thanks for clarifying @miserybeforethemusic. Love the finals, but wasn't sure how to stuff them in the case :D For the record, I do run the standard Final type Es on the SonyXM4s and they work well with the case along with loving the sound.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #35,242 of 62,967
Has anyone tried the Soundcore P3s? I still feel like I’m waiting for the perfect TWS and am wondering if something like that would tide me over.
Don't have the P3s, but I've got a couple of other models from Soundcore. The Liberty Pro 2 and the A2 ANC. Lots of bass with the default EQ. Personally I think it gets the job done if you don't need something that has out of this world sound. If you don't want all of that bass you can always use the custom EQ that comes on the Soundcore app both respond to EQ'ing relatively well.

Jul 15, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #35,243 of 62,967
Jul 15, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #35,244 of 62,967
Really? I am surprised because that is what I use on mine and have no problems at all. When you put them away, do you hold them about an inch above the charger, lined up to fall right in place?
I have not tried that method yet. I will admit I have not really read any of the included product literature. Is that a best practice? I have been struggling to get them to charge regardless of tips.. Will give it a shot. (Apologies if this has been discussed ad nauseam previously)

Jul 15, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #35,245 of 62,967
I have not tried that method yet. I will admit I have not really read any of the included product literature. Is that a best practice? I have been struggling to get them to charge regardless of tips.. Will give it a shot. (Apologies if this has been discussed ad nauseam previously)
No apologies necessary! Yes, it seems to be the most consistent method of getting them to charge. Line them up over the case about an inch up. Then, when you drop them they will fall into place, and the magnet will pull them into the pins. I don't think this is covered in the manual, but I think this is a "customer established" practice... :)

Jul 15, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #35,246 of 62,967
No apologies necessary! Yes, it seems to be the most consistent method of getting them to charge. Line them up over the case about an inch up. Then, when you drop them they will fall into place, and the magnet will pull them into the pins. I don't think this is covered in the manual, but I think this is a "customer established" practice... :)
Got it. Thanks! I'm good with that.

Jul 15, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #35,247 of 62,967
Just got the N6 PRO2 today. Told our retailer i was going to do a review on them so i got them early :) was having wine when it arrived so i thought it goes well on the plater yumm

Need more time with them but from my initial listening the Bass is boosted, i would say about the same as the N6 Mini level and the detail/resolution has improved quite a bit compared to the old N6 Pro.

20210716_104946.jpg
20210716_105016.jpg

Jul 15, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #35,249 of 62,967
Just got the N6 PRO2 today. Told our retailer i was going to do a review on them so i got them early :) was having wine when it arrived so i thought it goes well on the plater yumm

Need more time with them but from my initial listening the Bass is boosted, i would say about the same as the N6 Mini level and the detail/resolution has improved quite a bit compared to the old N6 Pro.

20210716_104946.jpg20210716_105016.jpg
Then they must be fantastic because I thought the N6P were some of the most detailed TWS I have heard to date. It was the bass that was a bit wonky to me. Not because it was a bit "lite", but it was just...... weird. I would say that they were pretty neutral except parts of the bass. So would you say that the bass is boosted over the N6P? Eagerly awaiting your thoughts, once you have had time to let them settle?!

Jul 16, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #35,250 of 62,967
E6R9mPeWEAIAzdC.jpg

Got that yesterday. Will be retiring my xDuoo X3 + KZ ES4.

X3 + PFE112 still produces more authentic audio (useful for critical listening), but H1 is so much more "fun" to listen to, and its difficult to notice bandwidth differences thanks to AptX Adaptive. First TWS I owned where I didn't immediately jumped to EQ or felt like I made a trade off.

Amazing how quickly TWS is progressing. Especially on the cost effective front. H1 has features even the high ends don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back