Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 16, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #35,251 of 63,219
Anyone tried soundpeats gamer no.1?

I have a favorite Japan-based IEM reviewer, he usuallyi reviews those big names but this time the reviewer commented “one of best positioning and uniformed diffusion field”.

I can understand thesedays the manufacturer tags “for gaming” for better sales even for their regular line-ups. Good example was Final Audio VR3000 for gaming, I found it has very higu positioning fidelity as well as natural timbre. Reproduction.

I heard the Gamer No.1 has ideal loudness curve to simulate realistic free field.

Here is the translated review. It intrigued my interest.
https://www-ear--phone--review-com....x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=ajax,nv,elem

Jul 16, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #35,252 of 63,219
The Sennheiser CX came in today, only listened to a few songs so far. Very comfortable and great bass. I'll have to compare them to the XM4S.

I bought mine today too.. pretty dissapointed so far. Bass isnt that good/punchy/textured, imaging is very 2d (but what do you expect at that pricepoint), mids and treble are veiled. Atleast its not offensive in upper mids and treble. Probably going back.

EDIT: I'm curious how you would compare it to the XM4 in tonality. XM4 might be too veiled for me.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #35,253 of 63,219
What is the rational of Sparks over E16? I don't think the Moondrop will sound quite as good or fit as well and does the Moondrop have Qi wireless? Sabbat colors are better IMO. Also like the E16 case form factor better. Not that it isn't close but think they edge out in most categories. :)
Sorry for the late reply on this one. Still getting caught up after the past few days. I don't know much about the E16, and haven't seen much written about it here. I'm not opposed to trying it out. On paper looks pretty good. Do you own a set?

Jul 16, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #35,255 of 63,219
I'm still letting my ears adjust to the CA Melomania Touch. After a week with the Moondrop Sparks this is a vastly different sound signature. So far the only thing I can definitively say is I LOVE the comfort and stability of these. They fit really well and don't stick out like most IEMs do in my weird shaped ears.
So the spark is better than CA Melomania?

Jul 16, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #35,257 of 63,219
Sorry for the late reply on this one. Still getting caught up after the past few days. I don't know much about the E16, and haven't seen much written about it here. I'm not opposed to trying it out. On paper looks pretty good. Do you own a set?
Yep. It is my favorite for sound so far. I will compare to the N6 Pro 2 when they get here. They have a proven driver and have the magnetostat treble which hits the spot if you are tired of the safe treble tunings that are out there. Part of why it is clearly the best sounding for me though is they have a great synergy with the Hidiz AP80. Had stopped using that player but the two love each other so I seems to use that combo exclusively. Yes, the MSEB sound suite can help tune and tweak an earphone towards its best sound because there are note thickness, speed, and sibilance controls but this is both the EQ and MSEB off.

Jul 16, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #35,259 of 63,219
Jul 16, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #35,260 of 63,219
So the spark is better than CA Melomania?
Here is basic characteristics of Sparks:
-Wide sound stage
-vocal-focused with harman tuning for lower and upper register
-decent technicalities as expected from Moondrop line-up
-long nozzle may serve a more direct sound image and better isolation with a cost of fit issue for smaller canal individuals
F332CFF7-5970-4A32-94F2-0928553E4239.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #35,261 of 63,219
I'm still letting my ears adjust to the CA Melomania Touch. After a week with the Moondrop Sparks this is a vastly different sound signature. So far the only thing I can definitively say is I LOVE the comfort and stability of these. They fit really well and don't stick out like most IEMs do in my weird shaped ears.
Do they pass the back pockets test. Especially interesting if they fit more flush so the antenna would be in the ear more. I would worry about turning the head in one direction or another while in a pocket.

Jul 16, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #35,262 of 63,219
Do they pass the back pockets test. Especially interesting if they fit more flush so the antenna would be in the ear more. I would worry about turning the head in one direction or another while in a pocket.
The CF01 and the ADVs seem to be the only two that don't like back pockets in my collection. MTs do just fine.

Jul 16, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #35,263 of 63,219
The CF01 and the ADVs seem to be the only two that don't like back pockets in my collection. MTs do just fine.
Yeah, but that is the Touch not the Sparks. To be fair that post could be talking about either being flush fitting but I took it to be the Sparks lol.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #35,264 of 63,219
Yeah, but that is the Touch not the Sparks. To be fair that post could be talking about either being flush fitting but I took it to be the Sparks lol.
My mistake for misreading, then. I guess I can't see how the Sparks would sit flush in anyone but Shaq's ears.

Jul 16, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #35,265 of 63,219
My mistake for misreading, then. I guess I can't see how the Sparks would sit flush in anyone but Shaq's ears.
Probably meant the Touch in that comment but the Touch is not in question as far as reception. Looking at the sound tubes the Sparks wouldn't be the flush ones. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back