Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 16, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #35,267 of 62,776
Still waiting for the new CA MT firmware! 👀
Same. I will do rma afterwards.. I want to see what changes they make before doing the rma to fix the issue. I have recently noticed a new issue over last 10 days - the right earbud doesn't properly light up when I insert it into the case. I think the indicator light might be close to dying... Luckily it charges well ever since I cleaned/re-inserted the eartips, but still sucks to not be able to tell if charging began.

Jul 16, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #35,268 of 62,776
Still waiting for the new CA MT firmware! 👀
Hopefully not much longer. I submitted my feedback on both the new firmware and app last week.
Same. I will do rma afterwards.. I want to see what changes they make before doing the rma to fix the issue. I have recently noticed a new issue over last 10 days - the right earbud doesn't properly light up when I insert it into the case. I think the indicator light might be close to dying... Luckily it charges well ever since I cleaned/re-inserted the eartips, but still sucks to not be able to tell if charging began.
That's a weird one. What phone is it paired to? Shouldn't make much of a difference, but it's something I can feed back

Jul 16, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #35,269 of 62,776
Just got the N6 PRO2 today. Told our retailer i was going to do a review on them so i got them early :) was having wine when it arrived so i thought it goes well on the plater yumm

Need more time with them but from my initial listening the Bass is boosted, i would say about the same as the N6 Mini level and the detail/resolution has improved quite a bit compared to the old N6 Pro.

Any comment on the stage size openness yet? :) Sounds pretty good I think. Seems at least some would like a bit more bass and bass reach from the first Pro.

Jul 16, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #35,270 of 62,776
Hopefully not much longer. I submitted my feedback on both the new firmware and app last week.

That's a weird one. What phone is it paired to? Shouldn't make much of a difference, but it's something I can feed back
Google pixel 3. The light basically flickers usually, but sometimes it does not light up at all.

Jul 16, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #35,271 of 62,776
Google pixel 3. The light basically flickers usually, but sometimes it does not light up at all.
Just RMA it, bud. I wouldn't feel right telling you to hold off of they're causing you grief like this.

I can at least say things should get better on the new firmware. Some of the fixes are directed towards case behavior. Just don't have any change notes I can share at the moment.

Hope that's not over-sharing, but figure it'd bring some peace of mind.

Jul 16, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #35,272 of 62,776
Probably meant the Touch in that comment but the Touch is not in question as far as reception. Looking at the sound tubes the Sparks wouldn't be the flush ones. :)
Sorry. You are correct I was referring to the MT when I was talking about comfort and stability. I have had zero problems with stability with the Sparks, but haven't actually tried the back pocket test. They do stick way out of my ears though lol. Honestly at my age (40+) my concern for personal appearance when working out is minimal :ksc75smile:

Jul 16, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #35,273 of 62,776
Yep. It is my favorite for sound so far. I will compare to the N6 Pro 2 when they get here. They have a proven driver and have the magnetostat treble which hits the spot if you are tired of the safe treble tunings that are out there. Part of why it is clearly the best sounding for me though is they have a great synergy with the Hidiz AP80. Had stopped using that player but the two love each other so I seems to use that combo exclusively. Yes, the MSEB sound suite can help tune and tweak an earphone towards its best sound because there are note thickness, speed, and sibilance controls but this is both the EQ and MSEB off.
Will have to check out the E16. Interesting it hasn't gotten more press here. Looking forward to your impressions of N6 Pro 2.

Jul 16, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #35,275 of 62,776
Dudes (and dudettes) with MT. Have you been noticing that the MT will say Power on - Battery high. Then you go to play something and nothing plays because they turned off? This is new for me. Lets get that firmware, baby!!!
I hope they're close. No news, though.

Jul 16, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #35,276 of 62,776
Dudes (and dudettes) with MT. Have you been noticing that the MT will say Power on - Battery high. Then you go to play something and nothing plays because they turned off? This is new for me. Lets get that firmware, baby!!!
I have had that issue twice since I owned them, but it was ALWAYS on just one. I put it back in the charger for a few seconds, that then it worked as normal.

Jul 16, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #35,278 of 62,776
Its crazy. Ive been using them more lately for calls and it happens about every time. I'll have to try that. I never bring charger on the go.
When's the last time you did a hard reset of the buds? I know it's not ideal, but usually worked out the gremlins in mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back