Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 2, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #34,936 of 62,888
Those do look just like them. I have 3 pairs of these and I actually just found the order by searching in my Gmail, and I ordered these back in 2012. So 9 years later and they are still going strong, but if I ever need replacements for this style tip, those do look exactly like them.

I'm still really enjoying the Melomania Touch's. I have only used them inside my apartment, but so far not a single connection hiccup or anything. So far so good.
Awesome! I really wish we'd get that firmware update so I could be as happy with them as you are. Wouldn't have fought to keep them in the conversation so long if there wasn't something unique about 'em, though.

So with the ultra-wide bores, do you get any noticeable presence spikes? I think my findings with the MT (Melomania Touch) were that it, along with the ADV M5, really weren't fans of long tip bores.

Jul 2, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #34,937 of 62,888
Jul 3, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #34,938 of 62,888
The ear fatigue on the Galaxy Buds Pro is pretty high, hopefully my ears get used to it or I can figure out an EQ setting that helps.

Other than that, they are highly detailed and I am liking a lot of the features. Will continue to give impressions as I use them.

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #34,939 of 62,888
The ear fatigue on the Galaxy Buds Pro is pretty high, hopefully my ears get used to it or I can figure out an EQ setting that helps.

Other than that, they are highly detailed and I am liking a lot of the features. Will continue to give impressions as I use them.
Yeah, I thought the treble was a bit much. If they toned down the treble, I would have liked it. I like the bass out of aftermarket tips.

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #34,940 of 62,888
Hi-Res, LDAC, APTX-HD, MQA imo codecs are much less important in the chain. tuning and driver designs plays a bigger part but its good to see we are getting more 24bit TWE out now.
Hate crowdfunding. Don’t love the the form factor either. But watching with interest. Floodgates are opening. Time for a big time audiophile company to offer a tws.

Jul 3, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #34,941 of 62,888
My Galaxy Buds Pro arrived and without having even actually listened to them I am impressed a bit. Took them out and they paired quickly and wanted to do an update which literally took minutes at most as compared to 15-20 minutes or more for most TWS I have updated in the past. Then I noticed, crap the battery was extremely low on one earbud and less that 45% on the other, so I threw them in the case to charge which is also charging, 30 minutes later I look at the one that was at 15% is now at 69% and the other but is at 84% so these seem to charge extremely fast!

Oh and while I was initially getting the firmware up to date I had these in ear and I was like damn these things have ZERO isolation. Turns out they were in transparent mode so yup they had no isolation, the cool thing was how darn clear transparent mode was! It was almost like I had nothing in my ears.

Jury is out on whether they will work in my ears, the large tips seem to seal OK but a good walk or run will be the real test. If they don't fit that oval shape and lip doesn't look overly inviting to to many 3rd part tips... But lets wait and see...

anyone know if Radio Shack in the US still makes that wide bore hybrid type tips still? It might be and option for these if I can get a hold of come. I can't even remember the name of the darn tip... LOL
Accepts most tws tips. I have epro tws tips on mine, I use medium tips with most iems, but these being shorter stem I have large tips, so they seem to stay in much better

Jul 3, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #34,942 of 62,888
Feeling the itch for something new, currently looking at the Lypertek Pureplay Z3 2.0, Noble Falcon 2 and Melomania Touch because they're all similarly priced but they all seem to have some downsides.

I've not really seen many opinions on the Lypertek's, sounds like they might be quite dark sounding? The Falcon 2 there's also not tons of info on so I'm not even sure what the sound signature is. The Melomania Touch sound like they'd be the best sounding but the connectivity issues are offputting. Any thoughts from anyone who's heard any of them?
A few days have passed and I found out something interesting about the Lypertek PurePlay Z3 2.0. When I listen to them with my computer or my Shanling M2X they have a pretty neutral sound profile, with bass that's somewhat elevated but still quite tamed. When I listen to them with my phone withe Lypertek app open, the signature changes drastically and it becomes dark and muddy. If I enable the LDX effect it becomes a wee bit more balanced, but it's still what I might call a "mainstream" tuning rather than one most audiophiles would like.
That's quite interesting as it seems the app purposefully alters the signature, so it turns out that it's actually best not to use it if one wants a more balanced listening experience - quite a weird thing!

Jul 3, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #34,944 of 62,888
New TWS from LG

https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_tone_fr...up_to_24_hours_of_battery_life-news-49864.php

"They pair over Bluetooth 5.2 with support multi pairing with up to five devices and the Google Fast Pairing and Windows Swift Pair protocols."

I guess that's just ordinary pairing, and nothing like multi-point?
I think it’s just that they pop up on your Android phone/windows computer when you keep the earbuds/case close to your device?
Also, I bought the Tone Free FN7’s a month or so back and they ended up having some really bad issues with one of the earbuds cutting out the sound like every couple of seconds and was honestly a mess. Otherwise I actually enjoyed the sound signature, it wasn’t fantastic but pretty clean and decent.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #34,945 of 62,888
A few days have passed and I found out something interesting about the Lypertek PurePlay Z3 2.0. When I listen to them with my computer or my Shanling M2X they have a pretty neutral sound profile, with bass that's somewhat elevated but still quite tamed. When I listen to them with my phone withe Lypertek app open, the signature changes drastically and it becomes dark and muddy. If I enable the LDX effect it becomes a wee bit more balanced, but it's still what I might call a "mainstream" tuning rather than one most audiophiles would like.
That's quite interesting as it seems the app purposefully alters the signature, so it turns out that it's actually best not to use it if one wants a more balanced listening experience - quite a weird thing!
So does deleting the app actually make the earbuds sound more neutral again or what? That would be pretty weird, but interesting.

I really want to try the Lyperteks but I’m most likely picking up the Sony XM4’s today so my budget can’t handle another pair of Buds right now… I’m also 50/50 on if I’ll enjoy them. I’m curious about the LDX mode because I know that my LG Tone Free FN7’s (that I had to return because they broke after three days) had what I suspect is a similar mode to that, and it was honestly pretty cool to listen to even if it didn’t always improve the listening experience.

Jul 3, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #34,946 of 62,888
I think it’s just that they pop up on your Android phone/windows computer when you keep the earbuds/case close to your device?
Yes for "Google Fast paring/Windows Pair", but I'm talking about the "multi paring" feature in the text, why would they advertise that unless it's like multipoint?

Jul 3, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #34,947 of 62,888
Yes for "Google Fast paring/Windows Pair", but I'm talking about the "multi paring" feature in the text, why would they advertise that unless it's like multipoint?
Yikes, read that a bit too fast, sorry!

Yeah that’s a good question, it has to be multipoint in some shape or form.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #34,948 of 62,888
So does deleting the app actually make the earbuds sound more neutral again or what? That would be pretty weird, but interesting.

I really want to try the Lyperteks but I’m most likely picking up the Sony XM4’s today so my budget can’t handle another pair of Buds right now… I’m also 50/50 on if I’ll enjoy them. I’m curious about the LDX mode because I know that my LG Tone Free FN7’s (that I had to return because they broke after three days) had what I suspect is a similar mode to that, and it was honestly pretty cool to listen to even if it didn’t always improve the listening experience.
Thanks for your question, it led me to delve deeper into the issue and find that it's actually enabling the LDX mode that causes the issues. Basically, the LDX mode appears to boost both bass and upper mids to give the sound a more V-shaped curve, but when you disable it it still applies some kind of equalisation that makes mids and lower treble extremely recessed and bass quite prominent. It seems like a bug more than an inherent issue with the earphones, the app or the LDX mode. It's probably something they can fix down the road.
The XM4 should be great. I haven't tried them, but a colleague of mine who reviewed them was really enthusiastic about them so I'm also quite curious about them - I'd love to hear your opinion if you buy them.

Jul 3, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #34,949 of 62,888
New TWS from LG

https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_tone_fr...up_to_24_hours_of_battery_life-news-49864.php

"They pair over Bluetooth 5.2 with support multi pairing with up to five devices and the Google Fast Pairing and Windows Swift Pair protocols."

I guess that's just ordinary pairing, and nothing like multi-point?
You are probably right but won't know for sure until it comes out. Usually "multi-pairing" is just a confusing way to say it can be paired with and remember multiple devices (in this case 5 devices) but not necessarily multi-point, which would mean you can stay connected to more devices at the same time. My guess would be "multi pairing" can make switching between devices easier (i.e. you will be automatically disconnected from the first device if you connect with a second device) but, in my experience, this is also not always the case. I don't think "multi pairing" could be read to imply "multi-point".

Jul 3, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #34,950 of 62,888
I think it is a word play. I am thinking that it means that it can remember up to 5 devices, so that you don't have to re-pair every time you want to listen from a different device. Pretty much what @TK33 said.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back