Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 1, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #34,876 of 62,733
I haven't heard them, but I wouldn't trust the review on Majorhifi. They cite 16 hour battery, when everyplace else I looked it is 3 hours x3 recharges. Also there is no codec mentioned, so I'm guessing it is SBC only. From some of the others reviews they are also mentioned as being very dark (big bass, recessed mids, and rolled off highs). Also, they aren't using a Qualcomm chip (the most popular and used chip on the planet for BT), they use a Realtek chip. For $59, you probably could do better, but they look really nice. If none of those other things matter, they could be good for you.

Jul 1, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #34,877 of 62,733
I haven't heard them, but I wouldn't trust the review on Majorhifi. They cite 16 hour battery, when everyplace else I looked it is 3 hours x3 recharges. Also there is no codec mentioned, so I'm guessing it is SBC only. From some of the others reviews they are also mentioned as being very dark (big bass, recessed mids, and rolled off highs). Also, they aren't using a Qualcomm chip (the most popular and used chip on the planet for BT), they use a Realtek chip. For $59, you probably could do better, but they look really nice. If none of those other things matter, they could be good for you.
Dang it I wanted them because they said the mids are great and the highs and the vocals sound intimate and lifelike but I might have to read more reviews then. Also the fact that they have a Realtek chip is good I have Realtek audio in my PC and it's great.

Jul 1, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #34,878 of 62,733
Dang it I wanted them because they said the mids are great and the highs and the vocals sound intimate and lifelike but I might have to read more reviews then. Also the fact that they have a Realtek chip is good I have Realtek audio in my PC and it's great.
Oh, I didn't mean to sound like I was talking bad about it being Realtek. Pretty much all laptops that have sound, have a Realtek sound card in them nowadays. I was just pointing it out, as it is not nearly as popular as the Qualcomm chip. Apparently the Mi Airdots uses Realtek, and they appear to be cheap - $20 (though I know nothing about them at this point, it seems someone on here has mentioned them before).

Jul 1, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #34,879 of 62,733
Oh, I didn't mean to sound like I was talking bad about it being Realtek. Pretty much all laptops that have sound, have a Realtek sound card in them nowadays. I was just pointing it out, as it is not nearly as popular as the Qualcomm chip. Apparently the Mi Airdots uses Realtek, and they appear to be cheap - $20 (though I know nothing about them at this point, it seems someone on here has mentioned them before).
I have the airdots,but the sound is a bit too bass even when I tune it down I don't find the midrange and the vocals good enough. I read more reviews on the Strauss and Wagner,so most of them say they got a lot of bass which I don't like I don't want another boombox for my ears. But the reviews also say the vocals sound close and clear which I like and that the bass doesn't affect the rest of the sound so it's heavy but balanced. Some reviews though say the mids are recessed. What the **** is it are they recessed or are they not??? What is this bull****? What do I trust and what not?

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #34,880 of 62,733
I have the airdots,but the sound is a bit too bass even when I tune it down I don't find the midrange and the vocals good enough. I read more reviews on the Strauss and Wagner,so most of them say they got a lot of bass which I don't like I don't want another boombox for my ears. But the reviews also say the vocals sound close and clear which I like and that the bass doesn't affect the rest of the sound so it's heavy but balanced. Some reviews though say the mids are recessed. What the **** is it are they recessed or are they not??? What is this bull****? What do I trust and what not?
I know where you're coming from. Nowadays it is hard to trust reviews. Maybe check out some reviews on Youtube. The major review sites like Majorhifi, and etc... are not to be trusted. I think most of them don't even really listen to them, they just regurgitate what is already accessible from the website, listen for 10 minutes, and then write the review.

In the price range you are looking at, it will be hard to find the sound you are looking for. It seems the cheaper they get, the more the bass is boomy, and mids are recesed (a V), and are poorly implemented to boot.

If you are looking for neutral and clear, that doesn't have super boosted bass, and mids are a bit forward, (though they are not warm per se' but the treble is very unobnoxious) I would recommend the Nuarl N6 for $79 ( you might be able to get them cheaper elsewhere). They have AptX, and use buttons for controls, and they are on both sides. They don't have really any other features to speak of, but the sound is pretty fantastic for the price... You could get the N6 Pro for a little more, but honestly the only difference is that you also get a set of Spinfit CP360 along with the regular assortment of tips.

Jul 1, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #34,881 of 62,733
I stand corrected. Apparently the N6 do indeed use an earlier version of the same driver, they are supposed to be warmer, but bass response is supposed to be of more quantity. I am not sure if this puts them at "bass heavy" or not, because the N6Pro could in some circles, be considered bass light (though not to me, they are actually pretty neutral). Maybe someone on here has heard the regular N6 and can clarify for you?!

Jul 1, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #34,882 of 62,733
Yes hopefully someone can clarify. In the meantime I will see some YouTube reviews. I really want some nice mids and highs on a sub 100 dollars and sub 80 possibly I really hope it's possible. If someone can recommend anything else or clarify about the N6 it will be great

Jul 1, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #34,883 of 62,733
Yes hopefully someone can clarify. In the meantime I will see some YouTube reviews. I really want some nice mids and highs on a sub 100 dollars and sub 80 possibly I really hope it's possible. If someone can recommend anything else or clarify about the N6 it will be great
You're probably going to end up in either Nuarl or Lypertek tuning at that price.

Jul 1, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #34,884 of 62,733
Probably blasphemy in these parts, but to my admittedly aging ears, the CA Melomania 1+ just delivers a fuller, more robust ear-pleasing experience. Same track: Tom Petty, You Don’t Know How It Feels via Apple Music’s new spatial audio on the LG V30. EQ set to balanced. Again, love them both, the M1+ A bit more.
Which earbuds are you comparing these too?

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #34,885 of 62,733
You're probably going to end up in either Nuarl or Lypertek tuning at that price.
Ok I checked out the Nuarl N6 and the Lypetek Tevi. And the Lypertek Tevi are marked as audiophile friendly with good mids and highs clear and front sounding vocals(closer to you) which is exactly what I want but the Nuarl N6 also have some nice words for the mids and highs in the reviews(I don't know if I should trust them). So what would you recommend me the Lypertek Tevi the Nuarl N6 or the Nuarl N6 Pro(what's the difference?) at that price for clear natural close to you vocals(intimate vocals) and clear nice sounding not similar highs and NOT booming base?Honestly whichever one you say I am inclined to just go and buy because I am getting desperate at this point about finding good earbuds for my budget. So which one is the best for my criteria?

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #34,886 of 62,733
Ok I checked out the Nuarl N6 and the Lypetek Tevi. And the Lypertek Tevi are marked as audiophile friendly with good mids and highs clear and front sounding vocals(closer to you) which is exactly what I want but the Nuarl N6 also have some nice words for the mids and highs in the reviews(I don't know if I should trust them). So what would you recommend me the Lypertek Tevi the Nuarl N6 or the Nuarl N6 Pro(what's the difference?) at that price for clear natural close to you vocals(intimate vocals) and clear nice sounding not similar highs and NOT booming base?Honestly whichever one you say I am inclined to just go and buy because I am getting desperate at this point about finding good earbuds for my budget. So which one is the best for my criteria?
I don't think you can go wrong with either. Both have very nice "audiophile" type tuning. Good detail, mids/highs.

I only had the n6p for a short period but I remember them sounding amazing. On certain tracks I found them to be a bit shrill or sibilant though. I think you'll be able to EQ them down to your preference though. I remember the n6p as being intimate sounding as well. Great for vocals.

The Tevi's have a more "flat" neutral reference type of sound. Nothing on the bandwidth is emphasized or stand out in particular. They are intimate sounding and are great for things like vocals and acoustic music. And they respond to EQ very well. You can tune them with a V-shape and they'll sound good for Rock almost as good as the Grados. I like to tune them to Harman with AutoEQ to make the vocals stand out more. Still one of the better sounding TWS in my collection.

At the time I think I ranked n6p as the best for vocals. But now that AutoEQ the Tevi's to Harman I think it's very close. They both excel at intimate vocals. And I think you'll enjoy either one you pick.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #34,887 of 62,733
Take my recommendation with a grain of salt because I'm going off other people's listening notes, but I'd suggest the Nuarl. Seems like I hear more feedback from users on that model than I do the Lypertek.

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #34,888 of 62,733
I don't think you can go wrong with either. Both have very nice "audiophile" type tuning. Good detail, mids/highs.

I only had the n6p for a short period but I remember them sounding amazing. On certain tracks I found them to be a bit shrill or sibilant though. I think you'll be able to EQ them down to your preference though. I remember the n6p as being intimate sounding as well. Great for vocals.

The Tevi's have a more "flat" neutral reference type of sound. Nothing on the bandwidth is emphasized or stand out in particular. They are intimate sounding and are great for things like vocals and acoustic music. And they respond to EQ very well. You can tune them with a V-shape and they'll sound good for Rock almost as good as the Grados. I like to tune them to Harman with AutoEQ to make the vocals stand out more. Still one of the better sounding TWS in my collection.

At the time I think I ranked n6p as the best for vocals. But now that AutoEQ the Tevi's to Harman I think it's very close. They both excel at intimate vocals. And I think you'll enjoy either one you pick.
Take my recommendation with a grain of salt because I'm going off other people's listening notes, but I'd suggest the Nuarl. Seems like I hear more feedback from users on that model than I do the Lypertek.
Thanks a lot! However I tried to find them and I found them on ebay (couldn't find them anywhere else) and the cheapest they go for are 105 dollars or more. Both the Nuarl N6 Pro and the Lypertek Tevi? Where can I find them cheaper? Because otherwise I might have to save up. Also I found out Nuarl N6 are 90 dollars, are they as good as the pros or should I stay away from them?

Jul 1, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #34,889 of 62,733
Thanks a lot! However I tried to find them and I found them on ebay (couldn't find them anywhere else) and the cheapest they go for are 105 dollars or more. Both the Nuarl N6 Pro and the Lypertek Tevi? Where can I find them cheaper? Because otherwise I might have to save up. Also I found out Nuarl N6 are 90 dollars, are they as good as the pros or should I stay away from them?
I like checking r/AVexchange and the classifieds here if that kinda stuff isn't available via the regular channels.

But I would suggest saving up. The sub-$100 market usually has a lot of fun tunings and, while the Noble Falcon 1 used to be my go-to recommendation for under $100, it doesn't seem to be available on the Noble site anymore. If you can save up for the Falcon 2, I think you'll have a winner. Either that or save up a bit more for the N6P. I know it stinks to save and wait, but I think you'll be happier in the long run.

Jul 1, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #34,890 of 62,733
Still searching for touch control buds with very good bass and long battery life. Apparently the Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus do 11 hours on a single charge, touch controls and have good bass, can anyone confirm if they're good and do actually give 11 hours?

Edit: nvm. Apparently the sound isn't that great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back