Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 25, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #34,651 of 62,750
Not to be a Negative Nancy but these are most likely gonna be a cheap chi-fi rebranded to Behringer who are also not really known for their headphones or whatnot. They put out cheap stuff and I have demoed a pair of headphones that were cheaply made and meh and a pair of speakers that were less average.
You be a negative Nancy all you want! I put the link here just for that; discussion. I have never heard of Behringer making headphones/IEMs until now, so I have no idea. I have one of their mixing boards, and love it, but that is a whole different avenue.

In the meantime, I have a feeling you could be right, if their newest ones (the T-Buds) are only $39, and have ANC, and passthrough, and Aptx, they could be something like one of the $10 ones you can find under "no name"... lol

Edit:So does that mean I should call you Nancy then? :)

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #34,652 of 62,750
So, I got the Earfun Air Pro in today, and it didn't take long to determine these arn't the sound for me. I was initially interested in these due to high ranking for call quality with Rtings, and the measurements looked intriguing at first. And then I quickly realized these are too analytical for my taste. Upon closer inspection of the measurement, the response is tilted toward the treble similar to M&D responses (But, not as bad). And the mids sounds too lean causing a V-shaped response. Bass isn't too pronounced, and seems more sub-bass presence than mid-bass. On the loose side, could use some tightening (at least for my taste). More impact would have been more satisfying as well. Still, I just cannot stand the treble, it's like Galaxybuds+ or M&D treble response. Wispy sounding, sibilent treble. Highs sound clear and crisp (too much so), but sounds too lean. Mids are a bit lacking. I can't handle such hot treble that causes ear ringing. It's not good for my hearing.

ANC is a real joke. 'Normal mode' sounds more like noise is reduced, not 'noise reduction' mode. It's probably a placebo mode. lol

Also, it has no provided software app. The casing seems cheap, not all that durable feeling (thin plastic cover). Good pocketable size. The earphone fit is pretty good.

For $80, it isn't bad, especially for those looking for something with a bit of treble. Just don't expect thinking you'd get any ANC with these. I feel like ANC is a real scam with these. The box says 38dB of noise reduction with ANC. They should be nailed for false advertising.

Also, I realized Edifier makes these. The casing says, 'Tuned by Edifier'
I just got the Edifier version of these solely due to rtings rating these above many TWS for call quality. Hoping it lives up to the call quality aspect. Edifier version supposedly has an app but it is very limited. Still use my trusty MTW2 for music but wanted something for calls as nobody makes good mono BT headsets anymore since Plantronics was acquired by Poly. Jabra talk 55 is a joke with a 3 hours battery life...

Jun 25, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #34,653 of 62,750
Have anyone try the status audio between pro tws?
Couple people have them, some like them and some are not as impressed. I have a pair on order and should have them by mid July so will be posting impressions then.

Jun 25, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #34,654 of 62,750
Figured you were looking for the closest match, but wasn't aware there was a standard variant coming down the lane. Honestly, I think Azla slays it across the board with their tips. They're pretty consistently my favorite from IEM to IEM, so really curious to see how these work out.

Thanks for the share!

Also think it's kinda cool that Azla is open in admitting they ship FedEx only and seems like, at least right now, they're taking 50% off those shipping costs. Gotta apprecaite that. Looks like they just released another Crystal variant, this time for the Galaxy Buds Pro:
M-600x600.jpg

https://www.azla.co.kr/product/crystal-for-galaxy-buds-pro/
I'm interested to try some Azla tips. I thought I read a few pages back that the Azla TWS crystal would not fit in the Devialet Gemini case. Any recommendations for the Geminis?

Jun 26, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #34,655 of 62,750
Hi guys, i'm new to wanting a wireless solution for when i'm on the go. Can i request some info and recommendations on what would be a good option for a wireless adapter like the TRN BT20.

Last time i looked at Bluetooth was years back and there was a compromise in SQ, is that still the case or have we moved on?

I think i would probably like something that was a necklace style rather than placing the batteries behind the ear as i'm not sure i'd want wear much weight there. Is there any bang for $, 2 pin or mmcx adapter that would suit?

Jun 26, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #34,656 of 62,750
What IEM would you for recommend paired with a Fiio LCBT2 or Shanling MW200 Neckband? Browsing these forum endlessly to see what people have paired with theirs, are those neckbands strong enough for Shure SE535 PRO? I apologize, I'm still wrapping my head around impedance and how much is requred to properly run an IEM (all new to me, first IEM's, weee!)

Long story but I like to be detailed as I learned everything via googling and reading forums like this one from you folks writing all your stuff down! (and soundguys, rtings, whathifi, etc) Compiled notes:

My goal
Fully wireless GAMING / Windows 10 / PC Support, earbuds/IEM (I love headphones but not for extended hours, F.U. headphone hair), sorry but audio quality will have to take a backseat until Bluetooth codecs mature and offer high kbit/s / kHz / etc (looking at you LHDC-LL).

aptX-LL or LHDC-LL are the bluetooth codecs that offer the least (noticeable) audio delay. LHDC doesn't offer any transmitters unless paired to a phone, aptX-LL it is. aptX-Adaptive is double the latency of aptX-LL, basically the same of aptX and its noticeable, so no.

My Research
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tests/connectivity/non-bluetooth-wireless
1624681297990.png

RF Transmitter is a 2ndary option, but don't offer any IEM/earbuds (that I've found). The only combo I could find was the Sennheiser’s flex 5000, plugging in IEM to the RF dongle, but its ~60ms

1624681132860.png

Fiio LCBT2 or Shanling MW200 are my only choices with decent battery life per charge and a wide array of Bluetooth Codecs (I'll lean towards aptX-LL or HD depending on tasks). The 2nd option for Earbuds would be EPOS GTW 270 Hybrid but clock in at just under 6 hours of battery life before charge, too short for me.

Looked into USB-DACs, transmitting the audio via USB to a DAC and transmitting to BT, but the delay would be too large. e.g. Shanling UP5

I was hoping the WF-XM4's offered aptX-LL or LHDC as they have GREAT ANC (Sony has mastered IMHO), but alas... Maybe XM5 they pickup Qualcomm again.

My current setup
Windows 10 -> aptX codec
Sony WH-1000XM3 -> aptX codec Love these headphones for the ANC, (travel, etc) but the aptX codec's latency is noticeable

IDEA setup
Fiio LCB2 -> aptx-LL (Or Shanling MW200, or anything else you folks think of :p )
Creative Bluetooth Transmitter -> aptx-LL
Comply Foam Tips -> Found thanks to these forums, find the tips that fit you!

IEMs to pair with Neckband??? This is the part I'm not sure... I mean if I bought these IEM's I'm sure I'd use them for music as well, but the main focus is to be paired with my PC(s)
SE535 PRO -> Overkill? Probably... Will they work with LCB2? IDK :/

Recommendations?

I've seen an endless debate on MMCX vs 2 pin connections. Not sure which way is the way I'll go.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 1624681192421.png
    1624681192421.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1624681212975.png
    1624681212975.png
    69 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #34,657 of 62,750
This is third time the Melomania touch blows me away!

have no idea how Cambridge Audio managed to squeeze out this kind of sound quality in a pair of 129 EUR true wireless earbuds. :)

The bass sounds so excellent without mudding out the mids/high, overall also lovely warm sound that doesn't leave me fatigue.

I really hope CA will release a new version, despite all technical issues the first version had.

För the next version I'd like to see;

ANC
BT 5.2 +LC3
More premium case (hopefully a bit slimmer case as well).
More options in the app
Better optimized touch controls
Wear sensors

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 3:08 AM Post #34,659 of 62,750
Hi guys, i'm new to wanting a wireless solution for when i'm on the go. Can i request some info and recommendations on what would be a good option for a wireless adapter like the TRN BT20.

Last time i looked at Bluetooth was years back and there was a compromise in SQ, is that still the case or have we moved on?

I think i would probably like something that was a necklace style rather than placing the batteries behind the ear as i'm not sure i'd want wear much weight there. Is there any bang for $, 2 pin or mmcx adapter that would suit?
The KZ AZ09 are pretty good at around £25 from amazon, slightly more comfortable than the trn bt20 (i have both) and have charging case. Only snag is, they use the the KZ type C connection only, and are SBC and AAC only like the TRN. They are pretty much comparable to the TRN efforts but are cheaper, I personally can't tell the difference between AAC 128kbit/s and .wav, but I can hear a very slight hiss, noise floor in very quiet environments with both, when music is not playing.

Jun 26, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #34,660 of 62,750
and I am late to another party: I just got myself the Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro (that's a mouthful!) because I felt I deserved a treat, it was locally available at 130$ (while for some strange reason I saw it recently on AliExpress for 197$ then down to 159$? Might have to do that I already set AliExpress to my future location) & the overall glowing reviews.

Anyways .. I am not super happy ... once again, despite offering NINE different eartips in the box .. none of those gives me a green light in the fit test ... when I use other tips that work (spinfits for example), the buds rest in the case enough to close, but apparently they don't fully rest on the charging contacts! ... How I wish in this case I lived in an Amazon country and could easily return them ...

When they fit they are indeed nice, but of course, for those who already have the Bose QC buds, it feels kinda pointless to get anything else (hoarding much?) ... though I am still rather happy with the belated amazon echobuds purchase.

Another question I have for those of you who have the ASLAir2Pro ... in Onyx Black ... does it still have a slight blue shimmer when held against the light? I am somewhat convinced the shop sent me the wrong color, though the box was labeled "UN Black Iteration 1" .. What that might mean?

Jun 26, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #34,661 of 62,750
What IEM would you for recommend paired with a Fiio LCBT2 or Shanling MW200 Neckband? Browsing these forum endlessly to see what people have paired with theirs, are those neckbands strong enough for Shure SE535 PRO? I apologize, I'm still wrapping my head around impedance and how much is requred to properly run an IEM (all new to me, first IEM's, weee!)

Long story but I like to be detailed as I learned everything via googling and reading forums like this one from you folks writing all your stuff down! (and soundguys, rtings, whathifi, etc) Compiled notes:

My goal
Fully wireless GAMING / Windows 10 / PC Support, earbuds/IEM (I love headphones but not for extended hours, F.U. headphone hair), sorry but audio quality will have to take a backseat until Bluetooth codecs mature and offer high kbit/s / kHz / etc (looking at you LHDC-LL).

aptX-LL or LHDC-LL are the bluetooth codecs that offer the least (noticeable) audio delay. LHDC doesn't offer any transmitters unless paired to a phone, aptX-LL it is. aptX-Adaptive is double the latency of aptX-LL, basically the same of aptX and its noticeable, so no.

My Research
1624681297990.png

RF Transmitter is a 2ndary option, but don't offer any IEM/earbuds (that I've found). The only combo I could find was the Sennheiser’s flex 5000, plugging in IEM to the RF dongle, but its ~60ms

1624681132860.png

Fiio LCBT2 or Shanling MW200 are my only choices with decent battery life per charge and a wide array of Bluetooth Codecs (I'll lean towards aptX-LL or HD depending on tasks). The 2nd option for Earbuds would be EPOS GTW 270 Hybrid but clock in at just under 6 hours of battery life before charge, too short for me.

Looked into USB-DACs, transmitting the audio via USB to a DAC and transmitting to BT, but the delay would be too large. e.g. Shanling UP5

I was hoping the WF-XM4's offered aptX-LL or LHDC as they have GREAT ANC (Sony has mastered IMHO), but alas... Maybe XM5 they pickup Qualcomm again.

My current setup
Windows 10 -> aptX codec
Sony WH-1000XM3 -> aptX codec Love these headphones for the ANC, (travel, etc) but the aptX codec's latency is noticeable

IDEA setup
Fiio LCB2 -> aptx-LL (Or Shanling MW200, or anything else you folks think of :p )

IEMs to pair with Neckband??? This is the part I'm not sure... I mean if I bought these IEM's I'm sure I'd use them for music as well, but the main focus is to be paired with my PC(s)

Recommendations?

I've seen an endless debate on MMCX vs 2 pin connections. Not sure which way is the way I'll go.

Thank you!
I cannot speak to the quality of the FIIO neckband you mentioned or how well it would work for your use case. However, I can tell you that I am a fan of Fiio IEMs. I own the FH5 and find them to be excellent. I hear very good things about the lower prices FH3 as well. I would expect any Fiio product to be a good match. You could even write to Fiio support, explain your situation and see what they recommend. I find them to very helpful everytime I have contacted them.

Jun 26, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #34,662 of 62,750
Update on Devialet Gemini, from fully charged to dead (source Samsung s20 ultra, aptx, transparency on low, volume around 50 percent) 3.35 mins. Left side on 20 percent when right at zero. The ANC works really well to cancel out the louder screechie type noises on the tube.

Jun 26, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #34,663 of 62,750

My goal

My Research
1624681297990.png

1624681132860.png

My current setup
Windows 10 -> aptX codec

IDEA setup

Recommendations?

Thank you!
I have the LCBT2. It’s a very nice well-featured neckband. The Shure headphones will work with it. The 2-pin variant needs a flush 2-pin IEM (no recessed sockets). I’ve never been a fan of using BT for anything time related (gaming isn’t a huge pro for BT).

Jun 26, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #34,664 of 62,750
I have the LCBT2. It’s a very nice well-featured neckband. The Shure headphones will work with it. The 2-pin variant needs a flush 2-pin IEM (no recessed sockets). I’ve never been a fan of using BT for anything time related (gaming isn’t a huge pro for BT).
Thanks for your feedback and comments.

Hopfully aptX-LL @ ~32-40 ms latency will be less noticeable than my current aptX codec... Or I've got a new set of IEMs for music heh.

After turning to Bluetooth, the freedom it gives being fully wireless is just too good, so long 3.5mm plugged in days :wink:

Jun 26, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #34,665 of 62,750
Hello fellow TWS fans. I've been enjoying my Airpods Pros for some time now but the new toy itch is there and I would like to try something else/new. I'm an iPhone user and really like the fit/comfort and ease of use with the APP's. Also I actually think they sound pretty good with nice midrange clarity and not too overbearing bass. But I do know they can be bettered for SQ.

These I'm contemplating:

Sony WF-1000XM4
Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2
Bowers & Wilkins Pi7
Technics EAH-AZ70W
Bose QuietComfort Earbuds
KEF MU3

The Sony seem the best allrounder to me with excellent app, battery, ANC and EQ. I worry about the tuning perhaps being too warm and bassy (and can the EQ fix that?) and the fit/comfort/discomfort of the foam tips. Some say they sound amazing and others that the bass overpowers a very relaxed treble.

B&W Pi7 seems to be the current darling when it comes to outright sound quality alone. But they are pricey, have short battery life, reports of BT disconnectivity issues (?) and amazingly no transparency mode toggle on the buds themselves. They need to be a big step up from the rest SQ-wise to ignore these caveats.

Senn MTW2 is an old favourite and perhaps still tops when it comes to the sound? Close to the Bowers and Wilkins? How's the fit - they look a bit bulky.

Technics I'm intrigued and they seem a bit overlooked. Current pricing where I live is only half of what the new Sony cost. They do look bulky but supposedly sound very good and with very capable ANC to boot? How do these stack up?

Bose QC mostly for their class leading ANC and should be very comfortable despite how big they are. Not sure about the battery life and SQ.

The KEF I know nothing about except I have KEF speakers I really like and these do look quite sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back