Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 19, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #33,406 of 62,417
Advanced M5 ordered. I’m sure Sony and Apple will now introduce their newest technology within 48 hours causing further harm to my wallet.
Right there with you... In the last few days I have ordered the CA MT, the Status Between Pro, and ADV M5 TWS... It is certain that revolutionary new products, that will sound like choirs of angels singing, will be introduced in the next few weeks...

May 19, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #33,407 of 62,417
As tempting as the ADV M5 are I am going to patiently wait for the Status Between Pro to get shipped as I have a feeling they will offer a similar excellent listening experience. The challenge of course is the wait... LOL

Looking at the comments section on Indiegogo is promising though as I am starting to see lots of people responding they are getting their units, so it looks like shipping is starting to improve. The other good news is I don't see many complaints about how they sound which is the most important thing.

May 19, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #33,408 of 62,417
As tempting as the ADV M5 are I am going to patiently wait for the Status Between Pro to get shipped as I have a feeling they will offer a similar excellent listening experience. The challenge of course is the wait... LOL

Looking at the comments section on Indiegogo is promising though as I am starting to see lots of people responding they are getting their units, so it looks like shipping is starting to improve. The other good news is I don't see many complaints about how they sound which is the most important thing.
Mine is supposed to ship this week. Still haven't heard anything.

May 19, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #33,409 of 62,417
Seems to be how it always works.

Taking a listening break today. Too much sinus congestion. Man, being sick stinks.
I have to do this from time to time as well to keep my raging tinnitus in check. To any children out there, please do not attend 100 plus heavy metal concerts in the 80s and 90s (pre grunge) without hearing protection.
Looking forward to receiving the advanced, with the beats buds and xm4 presumably to follow in short order. And those HiBys of course. Good luck with the cold.

May 19, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #33,410 of 62,417

I had stopped reading the comments because it was mainly complaints about shipping dates (a crowdsourcing issue by my experience). But I know the Status people are honest, which is what counts most. I am guessing they will be very relieved when the crowdsourced orders are shipped and they can start shipping their retail units. Based on the amount of responses they have made on the site. Anyway, I have come across only one other Between Pro owner hereabouts, and he just mentioned he thought they sounded great. I have to agree, but others may not like them as much. They do have a unique design, ugly sort of, but fit me fine and are easy to use. I don't mess with the buttons much, just the pause and take a call, both a single click on the right side. I use my phone to make volume and other adjustments. Not a problem for me. I have 3 main units, the Melomania 1+, the Melomania Touch and the Between Pros, the MT is the one that bugs me because touch controls are too easy to trigger accidentally. All sound excellent to me. Done testing new models for now. See what happens later in the year.

Anyway, hope you like the Between Pros, once they finally ship.

Update: Checked the Indiegogo comments (it's been a long, long time) and to the person (who got them) they are raving about the BPs. Now, they don't sound like an audiophile group, but on the other hand, they seem to be very happy to have the BPs in their ears, some waited 7 months to get them, complained a lot, and now they are thrilled. That is a good thing.

Last edited:
May 19, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #33,411 of 62,417
I mean all nice features that will probably lead to significant improvements. Multi connections is nice. I assume this requires new hardware so I guess we will see if big phone makers adopt this this year. Google likely will. I wonder about Samsung. This has interesting ramifications for Apple as well as I assume they will not.
I don't see why Apple would not. This is not really anything "optional" as it is a new Bluetooth industry standard. The only risk I see is if it timing wise can't make it into the iPhone 13, thus we'd have to wait for the iPhone 14.

May 19, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #33,413 of 62,417
What's everyone's go to exercise TWS atm? I'm currently switching between the Mpow M30's because they fit so well, and the Earfun Free Pro's which while not fitting as well, sound fuller.
Naaah. I just don't exorcise. :) BUT.... if I did, it would probably be with my Nuarl N6Pro. The Bose Soundsport pro fit me the best and I like them for outside, but the N6P just have much better sound, while still fitting me very well. The TWS600 fit well, but I am not so sure they would stay in place well while working out. The MT definitely wouldn't stay in place for me, though they have the best sound.

May 19, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #33,414 of 62,417
What's everyone's go to exercise TWS atm? I'm currently switching between the Mpow M30's because they fit so well, and the Earfun Free Pro's which while not fitting as well, sound fuller.
I generally don’t wear headphones when working out (boring I know). If I were to do it, however, I’d choose something that is ANC and does a good job canceling out microphonics. So something like the APP, Sony, 85t, Bose… They all have the ability to cancel out microphonics (internal sound). Transparency modes can be useful if you need to be aware of your surroundings.

May 19, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #33,416 of 62,417
For me, it's either the ADV or FITS, depending on the mood. FITS for calm and cool. ADVs get me up and moving.

May 19, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #33,417 of 62,417
The comments on the Between Pro might not be HF type posts but they sure seem like happy customers when it comes to sound which is a huge endorsement in my opinion.

May 19, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #33,418 of 62,417
Yeah the whole LE thing is underwhelming. Sure battery life and latency are important as is stability but I was hoping for advances in SQ.
"LC3plus is LC3's sibling, equipped with numerous additional functionalities. While comprising all features of LC3, including high speech and audio quality, LC3plus incorporates functionalities for transmission robustness, extremely low-delay use cases and high-resolution audio transmission. To improve robustness, LC3plus contains a very high-performance packet loss concealment algorithm as well as forward error correction schemes such as channel coding or redundancy frame modes. Furthermore, the codec can operate at several low-delay modes – down to 5ms at a 2.5ms packet size, instead of the 7.5 ms frame length mode known from LC3. LC3plus also includes dedicated high-resolution audio modes, which improve the measurable audio quality beyond perceptual transparency (up to 500 kbit/s per channel).

"LC3plus’s dedicated high-resolution audio mode provides a high-quality transmission link of 24 bit and 96 kHz audio data, which performs excellently with regards to Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) and Total Harmonic Distortion and Noise (THD+N). This makes it the ideal codec to bring high-transparency audio streaming to high-resolution wireless accessories such as headsets or loudspeakers. LC3plus is the only open-standard audio codec for high-resolution wireless headsets and high-quality gaming headsets. Fraunhofer IIS can provide support with the implementation of LC3plus in devices based on the Bluetooth A2DP profile."

May 19, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #33,419 of 62,417
Updated Lypertek Z3 (Tevi) announced: https://www.techpowerup.com/282374/the-best-just-got-better-lypertek-announces-the-pureplay-z3-2-0

Lypertek PurePlay Z3 2.0 Feature Overview:
  • Latest update on the multi award winning PurePlay Z3 (Tevi)
  • Exclusively designed 6mm Graphene drivers with 20Hz - 20kHz frequency response
  • Microphone with cVc 8.0 noise cancelling, echo cancellation and noise suppression
  • IPX7 waterproof rating that protects the earphones from sweat and rain damage
  • 10+70: 10 hours playtime on a single charge and up to further 7 times charging via the charging case extending the full playtime to up to 80 hours
  • Easy Control: Easy to use soft-touch tactile buttons which avoid accidental button presses
  • (New) High quality fabric charging case now support wireless charging
  • (New) Switchable Hear Through Mode for staying aware of the environment
  • (New) Now also available in white
  • (New) Customizable EQ and LDX Audio mode via the new Lypertek PureControl app
  • (New) Equipped with the latest Qualcomm QCC3040 Bluetooth 5.2 chipset with aptX and AAC high-quality audio codecs for an even more stable wireless connection with extended range

Last edited:
May 19, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #33,420 of 62,417
I had stopped reading the comments because it was mainly complaints about shipping dates (a crowdsourcing issue by my experience). But I know the Status people are honest, which is what counts most. I am guessing they will be very relieved when the crowdsourced orders are shipped and they can start shipping their retail units. Based on the amount of responses they have made on the site. Anyway, I have come across only one other Between Pro owner hereabouts, and he just mentioned he thought they sounded great. I have to agree, but others may not like them as much. They do have a unique design, ugly sort of, but fit me fine and are easy to use. I don't mess with the buttons much, just the pause and take a call, both a single click on the right side. I use my phone to make volume and other adjustments. Not a problem for me. I have 3 main units, the Melomania 1+, the Melomania Touch and the Between Pros, the MT is the one that bugs me because touch controls are too easy to trigger accidentally. All sound excellent to me. Done testing new models for now. See what happens later in the year.

Anyway, hope you like the Between Pros, once they finally ship.

Update: Checked the Indiegogo comments (it's been a long, long time) and to the person (who got them) they are raving about the BPs. Now, they don't sound like an audiophile group, but on the other hand, they seem to be very happy to have the BPs in their ears, some waited 7 months to get them, complained a lot, and now they are thrilled. That is a good thing.
Thank you for this clarifying post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back