Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 29, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #32,536 of 62,516
Which websites do you recommend for the reviews? I have headfonics, pocket lint, this one and a few others. Are the reviews on YouTube better? Thank you. Of course, these forums seem to be the best because of everyone’s opinions.
For true wireless I think this thread is great and has a lot of helpful people with first hand experience. A lot of the big review sites and Youtube reviewers seem to just regurgitate specs and marketing materia (I personally don't really care about how nice the box is) l and I don't find them particularly helpful except where I am trying to find specs or features/functions (such as can auto pause be turned off). As I mentioned before, I find Youtube has some decent call quality tests but they are not always available as we can see for newer stuff like the PI7.

Edit: just to clarify, I am not saying all reviewers are bad but the larger sites seem to have gone downhill.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #32,537 of 62,516
Ok, thank you for the replies. I’ll add those and remove the ones I have. Overall, I think people here give a much better review than what those other sites give. I just took a look at Headfonica (that’s a very detailed website, but probably some charts would be good), I just took a look at their Noble Falcon pro.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #32,538 of 62,516
Ok, thank you for the replies. I’ll add those and remove the ones I have. Overall, I think people here give a much better review than what those other sites give. I just took a look at Headfonica (that’s a very detailed website, but probably some charts would be good), I just took a look at their Noble Falcon pro.
Glad you like them!

Keep in mind I read those primarily for entertainment and to see what might be out there that seems interesting. From there, I try to find a thread for the product here, on SBAF, or at ASR. The comments sections of those websites are usually pretty rough and about as misleading as Drop's comments section half the time.

E.A.R.S. rigs aren't very IEM-friendly to begin with. I wouldn't expect that to be standard equipment for these reviewers

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #32,539 of 62,516
Going to catch a lot of flak for this, but just look at Inner fidelity for an example.
A long time ago in a galaxy far away, Crin participated in the thread. He threw a mini tantrum over some criticism and quit. For the record, I find his reviews very helpful and like him overall. But he really overreacted to a few comments and vowed never to return.

Apr 29, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #32,540 of 62,516
WalMart has the OG Galaxy Buds on sale for $49 right now. It seems like it's limited to in store only though. I had 2 Walmarts somewhat local to me that showed them in stock so I drove to one of them today and got a pair for $52 out the door including tax. On the "clear" EQ settings they sound pretty damn good to me. I had a pair a while ago, but sold them, then later tried the Buds +, and the Lives and wasn't really a huge fan of either. Happy to have the original Buds again. These don't have the same features as my Airpods Pro, but I like the overall sound more.

My AKG K371 with a Qudelix 5K with a small amount of EQ on LDAC still sounds way better though.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #32,541 of 62,516
A long time ago in a galaxy far away, Crin participated in the thread. He threw a mini tantrum over some criticism and quit. For the record, I find his reviews very helpful and like him overall. But he really overreacted to a few comments and vowed never to return.
That honestly wouldn't surprise me. I know it was a really heated issue at the time. Not many people want to hear about their monoliths fall, but it happens

Apr 29, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #32,542 of 62,516
Some specs and several comments here lateley, suggests I should just keep my MTW2s and stay happy with that?

MW08 - muddy bass, too warm sound
PI7 - no volume control on buds/bad battery and the sound is not in line with the price?
Mu3 - bad ANC, no AptX (and "impossible" to get the hold of?)

Pureplay Z7, MT, Grado and Falcon Pro does not include ANC which I want... (MT with connection issues?, and the Nobles are very expensive as well).

Specs, looks, build quality and price had me going for the MW08, but you guys have scared me off... :)

What do think?

Apr 29, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #32,543 of 62,516
Apr 29, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #32,544 of 62,516
Some specs and several comments here lateley, suggests I should just keep my MTW2s and stay happy with that?

PI7 - no volume control on buds/bad battery and the sound is not in line with the price?

Pureplay Z7, MT, Grado and Falcon Pro does not include ANC which I want... (MT with connection issues?, and the Nobles are very expensive as well).

Specs, looks, build quality and price had me going for the MW08, but you guys have scared me off... :)

What do think?
I think KEF may have the mu3 back in stock now.

Apr 29, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #32,545 of 62,516

What do think?
My 2nd day into the PI7 and, with the right tips, I'd say the sound is worth the price. OTOH, I have been experiencing enough glitches to make the whole experience terminally annoying. And B&W's support mechanics is abysmal.

Apr 29, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #32,546 of 62,516
Still happy with my FBP once EQ'd
Walked the dog and all the lawnmowers from the Gardner's were blocked out completely.
Sound is very nice with good bass clean mids .
For more critical Listening will just enjoy my IEMS. Love my moondrop Aria! So much that might a a bt adapter to make them wireless too.

Apr 29, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #32,548 of 62,516
My Status Between Pro have finally arrived. After a quick listen I must say I am impressed with the sound quality👍🏽...what really stands out so far is the soundstage, no low volume issue and the feeling of just want to dive into listening to music ...bass is nicely done as are the mids and treble. ...well worth the asking price...

Apr 29, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #32,549 of 62,516
Still happy with my FBP once EQ'd
Walked the dog and all the lawnmowers from the Gardner's were blocked out completely.
Sound is very nice with good bass clean mids .
For more critical Listening will just enjoy my IEMS. Love my moondrop Aria! So much that might a a bt adapter to make them wireless too.
Moondrop Aria and UTWS3 are tempting!

Apr 29, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #32,550 of 62,516
My Status Between Pro have finally arrived. After a quick listen I must say I am impressed with the sound quality👍🏽...what really stands out so far is the soundstage, no low volume issue and the feeling of just want to dive into listening to music ...bass is nicely done as are the mids and treble. ...well worth the asking price...
Rock on!

Still waiting for a shipping notice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back