Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 28, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #32,506 of 62,439
I dont know if i have narrow ear canals but i do have a lot of fitment issues with all sorts of iems. The two that have fit me amazing to very good have been the Anole VX and EE LX.

I have had the original Noble Falcons, Advanced Model X, Ofusho, Nuarl N6, L2P and now the MT. I have tried RHA's offering and the Sony XM3.

Of all those the MT has fit me the best - close to a custom like universal fit. The only issue and this could be tip rolling dependent is that the MTs will jut out a tiny bit from the bottom but are always secure.

The next best fitting would be RHA --- > L2P --- > N6/XM/Model X.
The jutting out, as I've learned, is intentional. If you try to push them in flush, it blocks the microphone.

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #32,507 of 62,439
Correct. That’s pretty cool if true. So if you do not have a device that supports Adaptive do they simply not work?
Very cool even! I’ve been desperate for something that allows me to have a low latency option when using my computer and PX7. So if this is what’s happening, it’s a huge pro for the PI7 if you’re a PX7 owner on the fence.

Of course I’d vastly prefer if B&W just added AptX LL to the PX7 in a FW update, but after a year of waiting for some kind of option that solves this particular use case, I’ll take this.

Also, sadly, looks like the PI7 case only connects to B&W headphones, according to the manual.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #32,509 of 62,439
What's the cheapest TWS with quality mic? I'm looking for cheap here. Trying to find a cheap one for a buddy that cares only about the mic quality.
Jabra 65t, refurbished via their official ebay store. Someone posted a coupon code earlier in the thread that should still be active.

Apr 28, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #32,512 of 62,439
Thanks for all the replies. They are very informative.

I have been looking at various frequency responses for these earbuds:
1) Noble Falcon Pro - 20 to 20 - https://www.nobleaudio.com/wireless/p/falcon-pro (at the bottom)
2) Bowers PI7 - 10 to 20 - https://www.bowerswilkins.com/headphones/pi7 (download their manual)
3) MW08 (11mm nozzle) - ??? (They are Beryllium like my periodic audio, so it should have a wider range? I have been searching but cannot find it)
4) Bose QuietComforts - ???
5) Airpods Pro - ???

Any other good ones? The Bose/Airpods Pro/MW08 don't have any specs for frequency response on their website. That usually means it isn't very good?

Can someone help me with these? Thanks.

My Periodic Audio Beryllium (6mm nozzle) - 12 to 45

So it seems the IEMs can still do a much wider frequency range than the TWS (like what that guy told me). I'm looking for something with more than the 20-20 I guess, and has near awesome ANC (for the kids haha).
Frequency response doesn't really mean much once you're outside 20Hz - 20kHz. A lot of headphones that go up to 20kHz still drop off between 10-20kHz too...

Apr 28, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #32,513 of 62,439
The Independent just published their review for the PI7, praising the sound. Seems like every reviewer says they sound fabulous
I have come to despise so called "official" reviews (for the most part). Most times, when I end up getting said item, it almost seems to me as if they didn't even listen to them or use them. It's like they just regurgitate the official description but in their own words.

I tend to rely on the common folk (like me) on this board, and others for all my review needs. Though there are a few bigger reviewers I do pay attention to because I have found over time that their preferred sound and mine tend to align fairly closely.

Apr 28, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #32,514 of 62,439
In my unprofessional opinion, the PI7s DO sound better than the MW08.

Just got the KEFs today. Going to pit them against the MW08 as well later today. I might like them better.

New world order:

1. B&W PI7
  2. NFP
  3. KEF
  4. MW08
  5. B&O Beoplay Sport

Attachments

• IMG_5997.JPG
    IMG_5997.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5998.JPG
    IMG_5998.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5999.JPG
    IMG_5999.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6001.JPG
    IMG_6001.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6002.JPG
    IMG_6002.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #32,515 of 62,439
In my non-professional opinion, the PI7s DO sound better than the MW08.

Just got the KEFs today. Going to pit them against the MW08 as well later today. I might like them better.

New world order:

1. B&W PI7
  2. NFP
  3. KEF
  4. MW08
  5. B&O Beoplay Sport
More time with the MW08 confirms my impressions and those of others that they are overly warm and somewhat muddy. The bass is flabby and lacks control. Spinfits helped a little but not enough. I am not giving up yet but am leaning toward a return even though I am smitten with the form factor and build.

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #32,516 of 62,439
More time with the MW08 confirms my impressions and those of others that they are overly warm and somewhat muddy. The bass is flabby and lacks control. Spinfits helped a little but not enough. I am not giving up yet but am leaning toward a return even though I am smitten with the form factor and build.
Appreciate the impressions and the photos. I thought the MW07 Go already had a lot of bass. Had high hopes for the new larger driver but consistent reports of more bass told me these would not be for me (again, appreciate the feedback and impressions of everyone here).

Is it fair to say the three you pictured above (KEF, MW08 and PI7) are about the same size (physical size of earbuds)? Looks like KEFs may be the largest earbuds followed by the B&Ws and the MW08 but they seem pretty similar? Still debating the KEFs since I like their speakers alot but wondering if there is a noticeable size difference.

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #32,517 of 62,439
I tend to agree with you after having experienced the B&Ws, NFP and KEF at this exact moment. I think @Luke Skywalker is in love with his KEFs and I can totally see why.

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #32,518 of 62,439
Appreciate the impressions and the photos. I thought the MW07 Go already had a lot of bass. Had high hopes for the new larger driver but consistent reports of more bass told me these would not be for me (again, appreciate the feedback and impressions of everyone here).

Is it fair to say the three you pictured above (KEF, MW08 and PI7) are about the same size (physical size of earbuds)? Looks like KEFs may be the largest earbuds followed by the B&Ws and the MW08 but they seem pretty similar? Still debating the KEFs since I like their speakers alot but wondering if there is a noticeable size difference.
Haven’t heard the Kefs but if SQ is a priority they are probably a very solid choice. Most people love them and very few complaints. The Gemini will be back soon so they may be worth waiting for.

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #32,519 of 62,439

I'd say for me, the KEF fit the best. They're snug and I can't feel the tips in my ears even though they have a seal. The B&W second - they fit great and the ANC is spot on, better than the KEF and the MW08. The MW08 sit in my ears and I usually have to adjust them to get a good seal all the time. They also have sound bleed says my wife. She complains that I play my music loud when I wear the MW08. She'll never understand.

The KEF are smaller than the B&W. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• IMG_6003.JPG
    IMG_6003.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6004.JPG
    IMG_6004.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 28, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #32,520 of 62,439
KZ just officially released the AZ09. Only available in QDC connection. Initial price is at 28 USD (Lazada PH). We can expect this to go down on some shops/stores depending on the online platform. I should receive my unit this week and will be able to give you guys an initial impression.

I also see it on Amazon now for 23.99 USD. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09292MSTF/ref=twister_B08BR7S98H?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/...o4l.searchlist.list.3.40bf5f70HuZMKn&search=1

1619399919974.png
1619399953480.png
1619399989927.png
1619400030042.png
1619400049876.png
Thanks for this post, I wasn't aware of kz releasing this. Its also available via a reseller on amazon UK for £22 pound. Ordered. Worth a risk at price, mine are on the way from China right now. I'll probably try my zsx on them. Might buy a spare set of headphones to go with them as the kz type c connectors on earphones are acrylic and tend to crack with repeated changes of cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back