Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 28, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #32,491 of 62,439
I have narrow ear canals, and I also own the MT and the TWS600. Of the 4 pairs of TWS I own, the MT are the worst at fitment and comfort, though I have overcome it a bit by switching tips on them. I am using the Spinfit CP360 Small/Medium.

They do fit better, but you must be precise in dropping the buds into the case or you might not get them to contact the charging points. This is because they are just a bit longer than the stock tips (though not by very much at all). I would almost call the stock tips bordering on proprietary. They don't, go into your ears, but span across your canals to make the seal. Sometimes this can make simply smiling or moving your head lose seal.

With the Spinfits in place I have not had this issue since, but they take a little longer getting them into place to begin with. I would say that you should order them from someplace you can return them if needed, because they will either fit, or they won't. There is not a ton of large adjustments available (more like fine tuning) to be had.

Curious as to what "for all the TWS600 reasons" mean to you? I would not have paid the original asking price for the shortcomings in the tuning (to be honest), but I got them for $49 off their site, and with some EQ work, they sound fantastic to me. They are not very good at call quality, and don't have any features to speak of, but just for listening to music, they are great. Also keep in mind, I add a lot of bass, lower mids, and treble (a W if you will) and lower the 4k(ish) region. This is not to say that I believe they are the "audiophile" type sound they imply, because they only support AAC and SBC, so there is that.... I think Hifiman knows they whiffed on these, because it appears they have been quietly discontinued (I think). Anyhow, I was just curious to hear some details on why you wanted to replace them (not that I blame you for wanting to mind you).

Bottom line is, they have a great driver in them, they just need some manual work in bringing out the sound they are capable of having.

Edit: I don't know what your preferred sound signature is, but if fitment is an issue, and you find the TWS600 to fit well, then I might recommend the Nuarl N6Pro (or just the regular N6). They are similar in fitment, in that they go into your ears like an IEM would, so you can use any regular tips on them from said IEMs. I use the Final Audio type E on them (the regular, not the new TWS type), and they are super comfortable for many hours. The sound signature is pretty neutral sounding, so if you are wanting something that is more on the fun side, you might either need to EQ a bit or look elsewhere. They also use AptX...

You could get either the N6Pro or the regular N6 because they are the same buds. The difference is that the Pro comes with the Spinfit CP360s, where the regular comes with the Nuarl stock tips. In retrospect, I would have gotten the regular if I had to do it again. Not that I don't like the Spinfits, but I just don't like the Spinfits for the Nuarls (currently using on the MT as mentioned earlier).

My preferred sound sig is neutral with a tad of elevated lows and a little sparkle up top, not so much v-shaped, more like an almost flat chevron shape (if that makes any sense) but for TWS I'm not that picky.

My issues with the TWS600 itself is mostly their complete inability to make a call with both of them in my ears. I always have to take 1 out and hold it up to my mouth for the other side to hear what I'm saying. I just use my TWS for exercise or shopping runs, but I do need to be able to take a call (I'm the emergency contact for problems with the communications systems in multiple large hospitals). The TWS600 need for EQing is just a bit of an inconvenience. Also, their fit is pretty bad because they have the IEM style tips. Like most other TWS in this style I have tried, they have the large diameter nozzles. Usually 5-5.5mm in diameter. and as my earcanal is only 5.5mm at the smallest point (measured off my CIEM), that doesn't leave much space for the eartips. And the TWS600 sticks out pretty far, which I find annoying.
That's also why I'm looking at the MT, it looks like it doesn't stick out as much as the TWS600 and as it doesn't really go in the canal, but over, like my Galaxy Buds, it might just stay put a little better with the fin.

I wish there was a TWS IEM with the Westone/Etymotic/Shure style narrow nozzles, that would solve all my fit issues in 1 go...

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #32,492 of 62,439
I love the sound of the MW08s. If they sound muddy, you might try changing the tips -- as with all earphones the sound signature can vary depending on what might seem like small differences in the tips. (I found the sound muddy with the supplied XL tips, but when I switched to the SpinFit CP360s they really opened up.) Also, with the right tips, the ANC is more than acceptable. They passed the NYC subway test with room to spare. The microphone quality for calls is as good as any other earphones I've tried, and the battery life is incredible. Also, I'm fully bought in to the Apple ecosystem, so the benefits of the B&W PI7s are mostly lost on me. And the MW08s look and feel terrific.

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #32,493 of 62,439
I love the sound of the MW08s. If they sound muddy, you might try changing the tips -- as with all earphones the sound signature can vary depending on what might seem like small differences in the tips. (I found the sound muddy with the supplied XL tips, but when I switched to the SpinFit CP360s they really opened up.) Also, with the right tips, the ANC is more than acceptable. They passed the NYC subway test with room to spare. The microphone quality for calls is as good as any other earphones I've tried, and the battery life is incredible. Also, I'm fully bought in to the Apple ecosystem, so the benefits of the B&W PI7s are mostly lost on me. And the MW08s look and feel terrific.
I have some spinfits. Will give them a run and see if it cleans things up. Good tip.

looks like my pI7 have gotten lost by FedEx. No scans since Friday. Kicking myself even more for not just ordering from crutchfield. And now they are sold out everywhere. So annoying. Why on earth do they distribute from California!

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #32,495 of 62,439
From B&W support: "The PX7 when paired with the PI7 case will use APTX Adaptive for the Bluetooth codex."

So, the PI7 case also appears to be the first AptX Adaptive transmitter on the market. This is a huge plus for me, a PX7 owner.
This doesn’t make any sense. They have already said the adapter transmits in aptx LL. I don’t think this is correct information. Typical misinformation I realize you are saying the PX7 but I highly doubt they are using different codecs. I suspect this is CS that doesn’t know what they are talking about.

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #32,496 of 62,439
This doesn’t make any sense. They have already said the adapter transmits in aptx LL. I don’t think this is correct information. Typical misinformation I realize you are saying the PX7 but I highly doubt they are using different codecs. I suspect this is CS that doesn’t know what they are talking about.
As I mentioned above, the PX7 does not support AptX LL, so the PI7 case cannot be making a connection with the PX7 over AptX LL. The only way the PX7 would receive a low latency anything from the PI7 case is if they were communicating with AptX Adaptive.

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #32,497 of 62,439
As I mentioned above, the PX7 does not support AptX LL, so the PI7 case cannot be making a connection with the PX7 over AptX LL. The only way the PX7 would receive a low latency anything from the PI7 case is if they were communicating with AptX Adaptive.

So they made a decision to use LL on the pI7 but not the px7? And it somehow switches to Adaptive on the PX7? What if your device doesn’t support Adaptive? Then what? I suppose it’s possible but seems unlikely.
I don’t trust anything CS tells us on these details. Way too much misinformation.

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #32,498 of 62,439
If I am not mistaken, the PI7 case will only connect with B&W headphones, so actually the AptX Adaptive thing makes total sense. Especially if its defaulting to the lowest latency setting within the adaptive framework.

Edit: and yes, they have AptX LL on the PI7 but not the PX7. I take it you don't own the PX7?

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #32,499 of 62,439
If I am not mistaken, the PI7 case will only connect with B&W headphones, so actually the AptX Adaptive thing makes total sense. Especially if its defaulting to the lowest latency setting within the adaptive framework.

Edit: and yes, they have AptX LL on the PI7 but not the PX7. I take it you don't own the PX7?

From the PI7 manual: https://www.bowerswilkins.com/sites/default/files/2021-04/PI7-Manual_7.pdf

"8.3 Pairing Secondary/Subsequent Headphone (ONLY Bowers & Wilkins) to the case for media streaming"

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #32,500 of 62,439

Correct. That’s pretty cool if true. So if you do not have a device that supports Adaptive do they simply not work?

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #32,501 of 62,439
My preferred sound sig is neutral with a tad of elevated lows and a little sparkle up top, not so much v-shaped, more like an almost flat chevron shape (if that makes any sense) but for TWS I'm not that picky.

My issues with the TWS600 itself is mostly their complete inability to make a call with both of them in my ears. I always have to take 1 out and hold it up to my mouth for the other side to hear what I'm saying. I just use my TWS for exercise or shopping runs, but I do need to be able to take a call (I'm the emergency contact for problems with the communications systems in multiple large hospitals). The TWS600 need for EQing is just a bit of an inconvenience. Also, their fit is pretty bad because they have the IEM style tips. Like most other TWS in this style I have tried, they have the large diameter nozzles. Usually 5-5.5mm in diameter. and as my earcanal is only 5.5mm at the smallest point (measured off my CIEM), that doesn't leave much space for the eartips. And the TWS600 sticks out pretty far, which I find annoying.
That's also why I'm looking at the MT, it looks like it doesn't stick out as much as the TWS600 and as it doesn't really go in the canal, but over, like my Galaxy Buds, it might just stay put a little better with the fin.

I wish there was a TWS IEM with the Westone/Etymotic/Shure style narrow nozzles, that would solve all my fit issues in 1 go...
Ah. In that case the MT should fit you nicely, as that is precisely the way they are meant to fit. I guess my canals must not be as narrow as yours because the TWS600 don't stick out much more than the MTs do. As a matter of fact I quit worrying about that a while ago, since I still have the original "Frankenstein bolts" that are the Bose Soundsport Free... :)

You picked a good time for looking at the MT, what with the newest FW update. They fixed a lot of the bugs present, and they re-tuned them a bit, and sound fairly close to what you are describing (though JUST short of being airy up top). More on the fun side of things. The bass is boosted quite a bit, but not bleeding into other frequencies. Nor is it flabby, but pretty punchy. From what I have heard from others I have spoken to on the phone with, they are pretty good with clarity on phone calls too.

The fins do in fact help keep them in place a bit, but keep in mind, if you are sensitive to the type of harder rubber they use, you will need to allow time for your ears to get used to them. It will be a bit of discomfort after a while, at first, but after a while you won't notice it much. There was a time when I just took the fins off altogether, and they actually held up pretty well, though I will admit, I didn't do much working out with them in.

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #32,502 of 62,439
Correct. That’s pretty cool if true. So if you do not have a device that supports Adaptive do they simply not work?
I don't own them, but I would say that at the VERY least, they would just default to SBC.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #32,503 of 62,439
Thanks for all the replies. They are very informative.

I have been looking at various frequency responses for these earbuds:
1) Noble Falcon Pro - 20 to 20 - https://www.nobleaudio.com/wireless/p/falcon-pro (at the bottom)
2) Bowers PI7 - 10 to 20 - https://www.bowerswilkins.com/headphones/pi7 (download their manual)
3) MW08 (11mm nozzle) - ??? (They are Beryllium like my periodic audio, so it should have a wider range? I have been searching but cannot find it)
4) Bose QuietComforts - ???
5) Airpods Pro - ???

Any other good ones? The Bose/Airpods Pro/MW08 don't have any specs for frequency response on their website. That usually means it isn't very good?

Can someone help me with these? Thanks.

My Periodic Audio Beryllium (6mm nozzle) - 12 to 45

So it seems the IEMs can still do a much wider frequency range than the TWS (like what that guy told me). I'm looking for something with more than the 20-20 I guess, and has near awesome ANC (for the kids haha).

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #32,505 of 62,439

My lust for the blue ceramic is growing. Don’t know if you own or have owned the MT. If so, how do they compare, solely in SQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back