Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 26, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #32,431 of 62,469
I was a bit hesistant to update to this since my MT's have been working fine but now i have had some odd issues with this update. I've had no music or anything play through them...had to re-pair. I've had them randomly power off and ive had the music cutoff and nothing played. Had to once again re-pair.

Could just be me but will need to see if i can reset them. Havent done much looking in the app. Guess i will start today.
I had this issue too, where the music stops playing and then it starts playing again later. I'm not sure if there's a reason behind this, but I noticed this happens when the battery life between the buds are like 10%+ apart. For example, with both my buds at 100%, let's say my phone connects to the right bud first. Usually I will see the battery drains slightly faster than the left. After an hour of playing music or so, let's just say my left bud is now at 87% and my right one is at 74%. My music randomly stops without warning and I can see that my phone and the buds are no longer paired. Eventually I will get a message from my left bud saying that it's connected again. Now I slowly see the battery drainage of the left one catching up to the right one. So yea I'm not sure if that's the reason for the disconnect, and it is just an observation.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #32,432 of 62,469
The most I listen to MT (with the new firm update) the most I like them.
Best in its price range

1619450332582.png

Apr 26, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #32,433 of 62,469
I had this issue too, where the music stops playing and then it starts playing again later. I'm not sure if there's a reason behind this, but I noticed this happens when the battery life between the buds are like 10%+ apart. For example, with both my buds at 100%, let's say my phone connects to the right bud first. Usually I will see the battery drains slightly faster than the left. After an hour of playing music or so, let's just say my left bud is now at 87% and my right one is at 74%. My music randomly stops without warning and I can see that my phone and the buds are no longer paired. Eventually I will get a message from my left bud saying that it's connected again. Now I slowly see the battery drainage of the left one catching up to the right one. So yea I'm not sure if that's the reason for the disconnect, and it is just an observation.
It's switching master earbuds. When that happens, just wait 5 seconds. Music will automatically start playing once the buds are finished switching. Master bud uses more battery than the slave bud because master bud has to receive signal from phone and transmit to the slave bud at the same time.

You have to pair both earbuds btw. If both are not paired then it will still try to switch master earbuds, but since other isn't paired, it will be unable to switch buds. Music doesn't restart playing and you are stuck unless if you manually reconnect to the paired bud. I had that happen once so then I just reset them and re-paired both buds to my phone.

Some newer phones have TWS mode so those phones don't have to worry about master/slave earbuds because both connect to the phone at same time. Sadly my pixel 3 doesn't have TWS mode.

The most I listen to MT (with the new firm update) the most I like them.
Best in its price range

What tips are those??

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #32,435 of 62,469

Hmm. Never was an issue prior to update. Have had them in for hours on end. The buds were fresh off a charge and it happened within 15 minutes of taking them out.

i did the reset as mentioned above. Hopefully, that works.

Apr 26, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #32,436 of 62,469
Hmm. Never was an issue prior to update. Have had them in for hours on end. The buds were fresh off a charge and it happened within 15 minutes of taking them out.

i did the reset as mentioned above. Hopefully, that works.
Same. I just had different issues and got this one in trade. Has only happened twice since I updated, but it still happens.
It's switching master earbuds. When that happens, just wait 5 seconds. Music will automatically start playing once the buds are finished switching. Master bud uses more battery than the slave bud because master bud has to receive signal from phone and transmit to the slave bud at the same time.

You have to pair both earbuds btw. If both are not paired then it will still try to switch master earbuds, but since other isn't paired, it will be unable to switch buds. Music doesn't restart playing and you are stuck unless if you manually reconnect to the paired bud. I had that happen once so then I just reset them and re-paired both buds to my phone.

Some newer phones have TWS mode so those phones don't have to worry about master/slave earbuds because both connect to the phone at same time. Sadly my pixel 3 doesn't have TWS mode.

What tips are those??
Those are the SpinFit CP360 in Large. Medium is green, couldn't tell you what small is.

Apr 26, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #32,437 of 62,469
Just got my Moondrop Aria today and paired them with the TRN BT20S. They have immediately replaced the TRN BT20S + KZ ZAX as my favorite combo. The Aria look much better in person, and they feel so well-built and substantial (without feeling too heavy). They are a bit hard to drive by the BT20S - I really have to crank the volume, but for my purposes and my tastes these are plenty loud.

I'll save my KZ ZAX's for the KZ AZ09 I just ordered.
Give a bit of burn in time and the sound of the Aria improve alot in the high end and the bass becomes more resonant too!
Love their sound! Only wired so far

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #32,438 of 62,469
Give a bit of burn in time and the sound of the Aria improve alot in the high end and the bass becomes more redundant too!
Live their sound! Only wired so far
Oh boy, I saw "redundant bass" and instantly thought of the UM 3DT.

It's time to stop reading reviews.

Apr 26, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #32,440 of 62,469
Bummer...
IMG_20210426_203752.jpg
It's parasitic drain. Guess I'll chat with WorldWideStereo in the morning about my options.

At least it gave me a chance to take the JBL on a walk down one of the busy streets by here. ANC isn't bad. It definitely turns stuff down. It will not make you believe you're in a sound booth.

Apr 27, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #32,442 of 62,469
Bummer...
IMG_20210426_203752.jpg
It's parasitic drain. Guess I'll chat with WorldWideStereo in the morning about my options.

At least it gave me a chance to take the JBL on a walk down one of the busy streets by here. ANC isn't bad. It definitely turns stuff down. It will not make you believe you're in a sound booth.
Case drain? Had that with my set.

Apr 27, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #32,443 of 62,469

What tips are those??
Spinfits cp360 size L and waiting the XL from mtmtaudio

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #32,444 of 62,469
Case drain? Had that with my set.
Yeah, was hoping it wasn't the case, but looks like I got bit, too.

I'm going to RMA for sure. They're mainstays in the collection, even if they continue to have this problem.

Apr 27, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #32,445 of 62,469
My AZ70 does it a bit too but nothing as bad as my original MTW. I do enjoy the signature alot, so will be keeping my pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back