Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 30, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #31,336 of 62,380
Some interesting food for thought ... I see that I could get the Oppo Enco W31 here ... so, maybe in a few months they have the Enco X :D
I had been looking at the Kefs for a bit ... also interesting ... never got around to try the Libratones.

Has there been any word if / when XM4 might be happening? I remember that one rumor / leak design pic ...

And what's Pi7?
I love my KEFs. I listen to them for at least 5 or 6 hours a day

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #31,338 of 62,380
Hey, I followed your advice and I have the VIVO with the HIGI foams. Looks great and in my case I'm not having problems with the case... it closes fine

does it charge the earpieces while on the case with foams on? on mine (before i mod it) the case can can close with the foams, but apparently the didn't charge. if you unit is fine without adjustment, great for you :grin:

Mar 30, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #31,340 of 62,380
Yes and fit is iffy. For as good as they sound (and they do sound good) I have no idea how people get them to stay in their ears. The nozzle is super long. That said I don’t hear much complaining so I must be in the minority.
The fit used to be iffy for me as well, but something must have clicked for me.

They definitely don't fit like standard TWS in my ears in the sense that they "fill" the outer ear. Really, the only two points of contact I focus on when inserting these are the concave edge above the stem and the tip itself; as long as I pay attention to those two, the rest falls into place.

Plenty secure, too, but it is weird thinking these should go deeper based on the nozzle shape. Really, they're no deeper than most of the other pairs.

Mar 30, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #31,341 of 62,380
A friend of mine has recently bought the Fiil CC2, but he's having a serious fit issue with it. He has big ears and these keep falling out of his ears. He has tried fitting them through all possible angles but no luck. If anyone here could tell any possible solution for this it'd be of great help and i'll pass it on to him.
I had a similar issue with my SoundPeats TrueAir 2 and @jant71 suggestion was great.

Ear bud foams. Something decent like Hiegi.
I hadn't even thought about this but instead was looking for the silicon style covers but they didn't work well as the hook types need to be removed for charging and the other styles either block the bassport or were too thin. I went with cheap ones instead ($2.58 for 24 - lol should last me quite a while) and they work a treat in keeping the TA2 in my ears as well as aligning them for better sound quality. Best of all, they fit into the case (just need to be a little mindful of alignment).

DSC01763.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #31,342 of 62,380
Just got word from support that firmware will be released April 6. Happens to be when I'm scheduled for my covid shot. Hope the firmware is equally effective!
You're a lucky man on all fronts. Maybe that'll be when they re-launch the buds for purchase... sadly, I'm not eligible for my shots until 4/15 here in CA.

Mar 30, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #31,343 of 62,380
I think in the future with TWS this will be a divide, audio brands will go for purist sound as much as possible and mainstream/sport ones will be feature packed. Based on the audio brands releases, most from more audiophile brands seem to be without ANC. I think dealing with a hybrid drivers with crossovers and multi drivers then adding ANC to that might ruin the crossovers wanted when ANC mode or pure audio mode is on. And these brands feel customers they are attracting are purely for sound over gizmos.
That’s probably the case with the Status Between Pro, triple driver hybrids, no ANC. They go on sale in April, grabbed a pair on Indiegogo. Fantastic balanced sound, IMHO. Reviewers seem to agree so far.

Mar 30, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #31,344 of 62,380
That’s probably the case with the Status Between Pro, triple driver hybrids, no ANC. They go on sale in April, grabbed a pair on Indiegogo. Fantastic balanced sound, IMHO. Reviewers seem to agree so far.
Waiting on mine as well, but looks from the last update like everything is still on schedule. Great news!

Can't say the same for the Edifier TWS1 Pro, though. Haven't gotten an update on those in 10 days. At this point, the odds that they're sitting on the Ever Given are just too high.

Sadly, the NFP still have that intermittent artifacting on aptX Adaptive issue, but it's so weird how intermittent the issue is and at least it's nowhere near as severe here. Using Developer Options to revert to aptX instead of Adaptive takes care of the issue entirely. My new theory is that it's not very good at handling the crowded 2.4 GHz space and is pretty prone to distortion as a result. Originally, I thought there were too many background apps, but I can still reproduce the problem when all background apps except for the music player itself is running.

Hoping an update for the OnePlus 8T comes out soon and addresses that, but for now, seems like aptX Adaptive came out about as half-baked as LDAC did.

Mar 30, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #31,346 of 62,380
@ miserybeforethemusic:

Correct me if I'm wrong but do I Vaguely remember you saying that the defean foam tips did not fit your EV75t or the case for charging? Am I way off? I wanted to make sure before I ordered these..
I haven't tried the Defean tips myself, but have heard good things about them otherwise. I had tried the Dekoni, which were a no-go, but they also didn't have a segmented core like the Defean. You might be okay with those.

Mar 30, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #31,347 of 62,380
Waiting on mine as well, but looks from the last update like everything is still on schedule. Great news!

Can't say the same for the Edifier TWS1 Pro, though. Haven't gotten an update on those in 10 days. At this point, the odds that they're sitting on the Ever Given are just too high.

Sadly, the NFP still have that intermittent artifacting on aptX Adaptive issue, but it's so weird how intermittent the issue is and at least it's nowhere near as severe here. Using Developer Options to revert to aptX instead of Adaptive takes care of the issue entirely. My new theory is that it's not very good at handling the crowded 2.4 GHz space and is pretty prone to distortion as a result. Originally, I thought there were too many background apps, but I can still reproduce the problem when all background apps except for the music player itself is running.

Hoping an update for the OnePlus 8T comes out soon and addresses that, but for now, seems like aptX Adaptive came out about as half-baked as LDAC did.
I think you will like the Between Pro.

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #31,348 of 62,380
I think you will like the Between Pro.
I hope so. Would be nice to have a more affordable triple-driver TWS that I could recommend to people. I only know a handful of people outside of the community that wouldn't laugh me out of the room if I recommended the NFP to them, even if that was after an audition.

Especially when you back-to-back them against, say, the Technics AZ70. Going back and forth between the two reminds you that consumer TWS tuning has a long way to go on taming their upper midrange; it's considerably more prone to "tizz" on busy passages than the Noble. Good news is there's moments of warmth on the Technics that still manage to surprise me. I think you're about 70% there, probably even closer depending on what genres you prefer. The Noble are just very unfairly advantaged in reproducing timbre very naturally and I'm a sucker for that. Rumor has it the Nuarl are also very good at this, so those could be a viable and cheaper alternative for timbre fanatics.

If I had to dock the NFP points, I'd probably give it to their midrange representation. Due to the overall V-shaped tonality, vocals can sometimes get just a little further in the background than I'd like, but never are they completely lost. Keep in mind this is really relative to IEMs and not so much to other TWS. They're still either near the top or at the top of the TWS pile, from what my ears have experienced. If the Grado, Hifiman, or upcoming B&W are anywhere close, you're getting your money's worth.

Mar 30, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #31,349 of 62,380
Was looking for a budget bluetooth earbud and found Jays T Four.
My budget is $30-40 and I would be using it for phone calls, podcasts, netflix and may be a little gaming (PC gaming).

So, is it good?
FYI that this thread is dedicated to true wireless (TWS) so sticking with that (since I don't have experience with any of Jays' products), I've been looking at low latency TWS that I can use with video editing (especially for matching multi-cam footage and the audio) and I picked up this set since it was so cheap:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LV477NK/

It's likely the best $16 I've spent on any TWS. The low latency function (four taps on right bud confirmed by 2 beeps) does improve the audio/video sync which I think might be crucial for you wrt gaming/videos. The sound quality is also quite good even over SBC (it does feature AAC as well but Win10 doesn't support it) with elevated bass and mids but slightly rolled off treble - the major caveat though is if you can get the included buds to seal well - I couldn't but ended up using Spinfit tips which worked well while still fitting in the case. The only knock is probably the mics - while serviceable they're not the greatest and makes one sound a little muffled, sorta like being underwater.

Not sure if they're available to you locally but I can highly recommend these for your purposes provided you're not hung up on extreme detail retrieval and will be using it heavily for calls.

Some pics (it's the white one) to show how compact they are relative to some other TWS as well as direct comparison w/the EA75t.

DSC01764.JPGDSC01765.JPGDSC01766.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #31,350 of 62,380
Recently bought a Null Audio cable for my UERM. The battery life is impressive. I go about 2h/day for 10 days without a charge. Meanwhile the Mee Audio cable for my MMCX IEM does not last 6h. Apple is a pain for non-wireless. The Airpods Pro will be my go-to for commuting even though sound quality is very subpar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back