Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 28, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #31,246 of 62,385
Well my white MT going back. It takes a good 10 tries to get the right earbud charging. I have to rotate the right bud clockwise and then it is 50 50 if it turns red and charges
First pair was not like that at all the only issue first pair was the creaky case.

Still in fence about the white. They look nice and all but my bed and sheets are white and man I can never find the case or bud if they end up on the bed. Worried wil get filthy in a few months too.

wondering if people with right ear bu case issues mainly had the whit ear black model?
wonder if it’s random or maybe a certain manufacturing batch that has issues.
I have the white MT also, and to make the right bud-in-case issue worse, need XL tips and medium wings on it, making the snug case even more of a, um, challenge. It's taken a lot of trial and error, but I've got a tolerable solution that works. When putting them away, with music playing and the left ear still in, take out the right one and hold it a 1/4 inch over case and drop in. You're looking for the right bud to start glowing red, which can be hard to see in bright light, so I also rely on music stopping in my left ear.

1 in 5 or 8 times the music in my left ear stops the first try.
If not, I push the edge of the right bud in the case the corner closest to the front of the case and wait a second. 1 in 2 times this makes it hit the contacts, the music in the left stops and things are happy. If not, take the R bud out and drop it in again, then try the front-corner push. The more I try this, the better my success rate gets.

Is this ideal? No.

Is it workable? Yes, with patience.

Is it acceptable from a premium brand for this price? Reasonable people can disagree. The sound is indeed very nice (I'm learning to love it with the bass EQ'd up), but there are many other TWS with pretty good sound where all this fussing isn't necessary just to put the buds away so you can do some other task. Whether the nice sound is worth this hassle I'll leave up to you. I'm still in my return window, and less likely to return now than I was a week ago, but that window ain't closed yet.

I hope this helps!

Mar 28, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #31,247 of 62,385
No-go on foam tips with the EA75t. I didn't feel confident enough with the purchase any of them had on the nozzle. Would hate to see someone lose a bud on the go as a result.

Mar 28, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #31,248 of 62,385
I have the white MT also, and to make the right bud-in-case issue worse, need XL tips and medium wings on it, making the snug case even more of a, um, challenge. It's taken a lot of trial and error, but I've got a tolerable solution that works. When putting them away, with music playing and the left ear still in, take out the right one and hold it a 1/4 inch over case and drop in. You're looking for the right bud to start glowing red, which can be hard to see in bright light, so I also rely on music stopping in my left ear.

1 in 5 or 8 times the music in my left ear stops the first try.
If not, I push the edge of the right bud in the case the corner closest to the front of the case and wait a second. 1 in 2 times this makes it hit the contacts, the music in the left stops and things are happy. If not, take the R bud out and drop it in again, then try the front-corner push. The more I try this, the better my success rate gets.

Is this ideal? No.

Is it workable? Yes, with patience.

Is it acceptable from a premium brand for this price? Reasonable people can disagree. The sound is indeed very nice (I'm learning to love it with the bass EQ'd up), but there are many other TWS with pretty good sound where all this fussing isn't necessary just to put the buds away so you can do some other task. Whether the nice sound is worth this hassle I'll leave up to you. I'm still in my return window, and less likely to return now than I was a week ago, but that window ain't closed yet.

I hope this helps!
The dropping in the case worked for my first pair. Doesn't with this pair.
What does work is to out them in gently and give a slight clockwise turn. This is only necessary on the right side. That turn seems to get the pins lined up and all is good. So far this is working so might just hold on despite initiating a return with Amazon as I figured this trick out after the return request.
Just worried if sale price goes back up and I need an exchange if this stops working....

Which XL tips you using? I actually find if I have no tip on the fit in case for charging seems worse.
Feels as if the right magnet isn't aligned properly to pull the budin such a way as to force good contact with the charging pins.

Mar 28, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #31,249 of 62,385
Just received my Oluv tuned Earfun free pro. Had to immediately swap the tips with RIYO memory foam tips. I have to say, my immediate reaction can be summed up as impressed. Only been listening for a few hours, so haven't tested features like noise canceling etc. Not expecting much in that department

Mar 28, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #31,250 of 62,385
I saw on the Jabra website, for the 75t, they have some wind prevention technology? Have you got any opinion on how it works? Guessing ANC can be turned off as well.
Currently using my wired Westone W30 IEM's, but getting sick of a cable.

Maybe grab the Fiio UTWS3 to use with your Westones?

Has the lowest OI/noise floor of the TWS adapters that I'm aware of.

Or given your use the BT20S or BT20S Pro. If you don't mind some noise. This is my UM Pro 10's on my modded BT20S.

20190809_180646.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #31,251 of 62,385
Thanks. Not your fault ... lol. I think the lack of a wing is the problem. I had the original Jabra elite sport and the 65 and the bigger size actually helped them stay put. Are the final tips available for stand alone purchase anywhere? Any other suggestions worth trying? I think they need to have low profile for wind. Interestingly I had no issues with the MTW2 on my bike. Maybe I’ll go back to those.
I found the EA75t to be creating some pressure on my concha which became uncomfortable with prolonged wear. What helped for me is after inserting them to rotate them (CCW for R and CW for L) into the bottom part of the concha so that the antitragus would basically be hugging them (on a set with wings [like SSF or MW07] you'd be rotating the opposite direction so the wings would slot into the Antihelix/Helix Lock).

This made it much more comfortable to wear and further improved the grip that was already very good; worn in this manner, I need to pry them out of my ears, they are simply not going to be falling out on their own (of course YMMV but give it a shot if you haven't already).

EDIT: while this might address your fit issue not sure about the wind issue.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #31,252 of 62,385
I just figured out if I put them into the case and rotate a tiny bit clockwise as it seats it makes the connection to power off and turn on red charging light every time. If I put them in any other way it fails 90%. Debating if I return or repurchase or just accept as is as it seems this is a common issue and next pair might be as bad or worse.

You shouddn't have to care how you put them in, as long as it connects to the magnets. If you have to check it every time then you loose much of the convenience of TWS.

Mar 28, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #31,254 of 62,385
You shouddn't have to care how you put them in, as long as it connects to the magnets. If you have to check it every time then you loose much of the convenience of TWS.

I agree and hence my frustrations. Initially I couldn't do anything to ensure they made proper contact to get them to charge.
Now when I slot it with a slight clockwise twist it seems to work 100% of time. It adds zero time to the endeavor. Better than what I had with the Technic earbuds when often I thought they were seated and they weren't....

Deciding what to do. I also reached out to Cambridge audio via amazon to see what they have to say.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #31,255 of 62,385
Terrible addiction this audio hobby, now especially with TWS .. it seems I can never have enough ...
In the last few weeks I got the Bose QC Earbuds AND the Jabra 85t and consider them both endgame material ...
and yet ...
I keep wondering ...

WHAT NEXT?

anyone else?

and seriously, what next?
(Oh, I also have the Amazon Echobuds waiting in the UK for me, pending visa for the courier)
Nuarl N10 Pro perhaps?. If you like rumbling hard hitting bass (sub), N10 Pro is not for you, but if you values timbres and neutral sounding headphones then the N10 Pro might suits you

Mar 28, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #31,257 of 62,385
Looks like M&D has a new offering. Slightly bigger driver and likely real ANC. I struggle with the fit on these so that’s a bummer. Certainly look the part:

https://www.engadget.com/master-and-dynamic-mw08-true-wireless-earbuds-120013056.html

and some reviews are out:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/2...08-true-wireless-earbuds-impress-in-every-way

Some better pics below. Looks smaller than the MW07 Go to me but measurements should be available on Tuesday. Regardless, the fit looks different from previous gens!

1e92ed02-8d69-11eb-b1bd-e7ff5dd20546

1e8ef561-8d69-11eb-a1be-2dba410ddf1b

1e8ef560-8d69-11eb-9092-eae00eb2d231

Mar 28, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #31,258 of 62,385
Personally I hope we'll see BLE products coming out this year :)

But yeah, usually the advice in tech is that there will always be better stuff, so just buy when you need it. But the upcoming next gen standardised bluetooth will be a huge upgrade, it will even outshine when we got APTX instead of SBC.

So if Sony/B&W/M&D etc launches new TWS with current Bluetooth tech it would just feel like such a waste to buy them. At least the CA MT's are very cheap considering they've only been out for a couple of months.

The lack of clarity on the net around BLE is really frustrating, haha.

Are we sure LC3 provides a sound quality improvement over AAC/aptX? No doubt in the efficiency of the codec and BLE also bringing individual earphone pairing (to be possible on iPhones, finally) but I cannot get a clear read on SQ improvements aside from SBC.

Then there is the piece around Bluetooth 5.2 supposedly being able to support BLE/LC3 once final specifications are set - remains to be seen... At least M&D has an app now which opens the window to firmware updates.

Also, if all the phones releasing in 2021 come out with Bluetooth 5.2 and it won't support BLE or able to be updated retroactively then we have to wait for the next cycle to have the source and the buds both be on BLE? :triportsad:

I've been hanging on to my first and only TWS (MW07 GO) diligently since its release but now I need something new. Debating M&D MW08 or CA MT (and upgrading much sooner, gifting the MT's to family eventually).

The Sony's seem so far out and $300 is my limit (out of principle, for TWS) so that rules out B&W :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #31,259 of 62,385
The lack of clarity on the net around BLE is really frustrating, haha.

Are we sure LC3 provides a sound quality improvement over AAC/aptX? No doubt in the efficiency of the codec and BLE also bringing individual earphone pairing (to be possible on iPhones, finally) but I cannot get a clear read on SQ improvements aside from SBC.

Then there is the piece around Bluetooth 5.2 supposedly being able to support BLE/LC3 once final specifications are set - remains to be seen... At least M&D has an app now which opens the window to firmware updates.

Also, if all the phones releasing in 2021 come out with Bluetooth 5.2 and it won't support BLE or able to be updated retroactively then we have to wait for the next cycle to have the source and the buds both be on BLE? :triportsad:

I've been hanging on to my first and only TWS (MW07 GO) diligently since its release but now I need something new. Debating M&D MW08 or CA MT (and upgrading much sooner, gifting the MT's to family eventually).

The Sony's seem so far out and $300 is my limit (out of principle, for TWS) so that rules out B&W :beyersmile:

If the MW08 have the latest Qualcomm chip they might be upgradable to support BLE/LC3 once the final specifications are done later this year. It would be great if M&D made some sort of statement about that once we see the final specs, the incredible battery life seems to indicate that they do in fact have the latest Qualcomm chip. The 300 EUR mark is also were my limit is when it comes to TWS, since sooner or later the battery will degrade, however given that you can get around 12 h from the MW08, they should last a very long time before the battery becomes too inefficient.

BLE/LC3 is so much more than sound quality, I doubt it will sound much better, but the key is that there's no need to pay Qualcomm a royalty fee, every new BT device will support it from the get go.

It will also bring loads of other features like Audio Share, Multi-stream, individual connections (for TWS), low latency/high energy efficiently codec (LC3). I mean it will revolutionese the audio market, thus i'm quite hesitant to spend much money on BT devices at this time.

There's also the mysterious LC3plus, which should give LDAC a run for its money when it comes to sound quality, no idea if that codec will be avaible for TWS tho. Either way the future for bluetooth audio seems really bright :)

https://www.iis.fraunhofer.de/en/ff/amm/communication/lc3.html

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #31,260 of 62,385
Not sure what is going on with my Melomania Touch's. Just the last few days they refuse to connect with my Google Pixel 5 when I first take them out of the case. I have to put them back in the case and take them out again. Anyone else having this type of issue with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back