Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 24, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #31,111 of 62,380
The P1 are tiny, so they'll fit in the TRN case. But you are correct, the TRN case is a bit finicky as it doesn't give a bunch of head room for IEMs to fit (which is kind of a shame). The little elastic pouch will push up against the P1 when you close it, but the top of the case itself won't.
Apologies. Poor wording. In terms of fit I meant does the trn bend properly for the iem to stay in your ears? I tried trn with some iems and they just wouldn’t bend correctly.

Mar 24, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #31,112 of 62,380
Apologies. Poor wording. In terms of fit I meant does the trn bend properly for the iem to stay in your ears? I tried trn with some iems and they just wouldn’t bend correctly.
Ah, from that perspective. There is a stiffness still there. They are easier to fit more comfortably than the Fiio since the overall body of the adapter is smaller. I have relatively small ears though, so the way it bends works very well with me, I could see some difficulty coming if you get a larger ear in there though. So with that said, the P1 with the TRN do fit me without much issue. The P1 kind of have a finicky fit in general though.

Mar 24, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #31,113 of 62,380
PSA for people with Bose QC earbuds or those considering buying them ... apparently there is a pretty nasty bug for some units / users, in which the buds do not disconnect when put in case, or randomly reconnect, thus draining power and people report missed alarms / phone calls on Bose's community,
For what those buds cost, this is really unacceptable and the 'help' given in the thread is rather 'meh' (reboot, read all of our possible trouble shooting guidelines, find service center)

Unfortunately in my location there is no real 'service center' and I could possibly only return in case of real 'stopped working' ... not sure how / if the warranty rules in this country work ...

Quite disappointing Bose!
I've been a Bose fan for many years and have owned various products that are really good quality and have lasted. However, the rubber on the original SSF is an exception to that and is a common issue but Bose has not owned up to it. The left side of mine have broken off and the way they designed it is with a plastic piece under it so now I can't activate the button on my left bud. Fantastic sound and I really enjoyed them and had been considering their Sport or QC but am now hesitant as I'm concerned they're using the same rubber formula.

Aside from the bug you mentioned, their Bluetooth implementation is quirky on a few of their devices; even though they're supposed to be "off", I always see the SSF and the Revolve+ as being available for pairing (not so with their 700 at least).

This isn't meant to be a rant, I'm still enjoying a bunch of their products - just sharing experiences FWIW.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #31,114 of 62,380
I've been a Bose fan for many years and have owned various products that are really good quality and have lasted. However, the rubber on the original SSF is an exception to that and is a common issue but Bose has not owned up to it. The left side of mine have broken off and the way they designed it is with a plastic piece under it so now I can't activate the button on my left bud. Fantastic sound and I really enjoyed them and had been considering their Sport or QC but am now hesitant as I'm concerned they're using the same rubber formula.

Aside from the bug you mentioned, their Bluetooth implementation is quirky on a few of their devices; even though they're supposed to be "off", I always see the SSF and the Revolve+ as being available for pairing (not so with their 700 at least).

Please note that this is not meant to be a rant, I'm still enjoying a bunch of their products - just sharing experiences FWIW.
Honestly haven't bought a Bose product in over a decade. That being said, the QC 35 (original, not the II) have been absolute tanks here at the house. Wife bought me a pair new when they first came out and I finally had to swap the pads out this past week. Guess they build them tough when they want to, eh?

Finally got all the foam tips in (Comply S/M and Dekoni EZ-TWS-M). Complys were total duds for the NFPs as they wouldn't extend over the nozzle, no matter how much I tried. They work really well for everything else with the exception of the Technics AZ70W and 85t, but both of those have comically-large nozzles. I'll most likely keep them on the side in case I'm having an itchy-ear day; foam tips tend to make those a little more bearable than the silicones.

The Dekoni tips, even if they had to stretch a little to get over the NFP's nozzles, seem way more suited to the task. Fit is great, no clearance issues with the case, and the foam in the tips has just enough rebound for me to bottom these IEMs out when compressed for a nice, secure fit. Granted, I may opt for the same tips in Small to see if I don't have to compress them with my fingers at all, but this is a nice middle-ground.
IMG_20210324_125402_Bokeh.jpg
And I'm happy to say I haven't heard any remnants of that dang driver flex/buzz I was dealing with previously. Knowing these are finally ready to go back into the rotation; that I won't be dealing with pop-pop-bzzz-bzzz every few insertions. Sound signature isn't too messed with, though there's more treble rolloff than with the stock tips (and I'm not complaining). Bass energy is still largely there, if not a little more diffused than with the stock silicone tips.

"Celebrating" with Wish You Were Here in DSD. Think I've earned it.

Edit: And this is probably a big one; I think my driver issues are actually codec-based in nature. Started getting the snap, crackle, and pop even with the Dekoni tips. Went into Developer Options and selected aptX instead of aptX Adaptive. BOOM - noise is gone. Just music again. Even if I close every other app except the music player and re-enable aptX Adaptive, the noise comes right back. Switch from Adaptive to regular aptX? Noise is gone. I think that's enough to confirm it being a codec issue, not a driver one.

I just spent a whole bunch on aftermarket foam tips only to be bit by the early adopter tax.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #31,116 of 62,380
I may pick up the Grado’s... their simplicity is what I love. 1) Stick in ears 2) play music.

I do love the KEFs however one can never have too many earphones.
Depends on which "one" we're talking about here. On second thought, knowing how often my wife loses her APPs, I might have to agree with you (only for different reasons).

Could save yourself some coin and go with the JBL or MW07 GO (unless you care about how you sound on phone calls, in which case pass on the M&D) and save some spare change, though. I also wouldn't shy away from the UE FITS for the reasons you mentioned, but I'm sure the Grado sound spectacular as well.

Mar 24, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #31,117 of 62,380
Well My New MT case while not creaking and feeling solid seems to have the right earbud for issue. As soon as I go to larger than standard tip it doesn't seat easily without me making sure to fit it properly.
This was not the case with the black pair I returned.

How did others save this who had this issue?

Mar 24, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #31,118 of 62,380
Incase anyone missed it there's new firmware with EQ options for the Enco X. If you hated the Enco X's default v shape with recessed mids like I did, the new EQ options improve it massively, both tunings are way more neutral. Now using these over my kef mu3's and track air + due to the form factor and just overall features/convenience/size. Hopefully can also try LHDC on my next phone and see if they improve anymore. Reasonably happy with these now. Got half an eye on the b&w pi7 - doubt ill get £250-300 worth of improvement for the premium but I like being surprised and I gotta try them all. 😅

Latest Hey Melody app isnt on google play yet, which is where the Eq options are.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210324-205909_HeyMelody.jpg
    Screenshot_20210324-205909_HeyMelody.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 0
Mar 24, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #31,119 of 62,380
Looks like M&D has a new offering. Slightly bigger driver and likely real ANC. I struggle with the fit on these so that’s a bummer. Certainly look the part:

https://www.engadget.com/master-and-dynamic-mw08-true-wireless-earbuds-120013056.html

and some reviews are out:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/2...08-true-wireless-earbuds-impress-in-every-way

These look interesting. If they sound as good as the MTW2 and MT but with very good ANC and the battery life is actually significantly better than those two, I might bite. That's all I want. If I can get 6+ hours at high volume with good ANC on with that kind of SQ, that's all I need. No need to chase the dragon. Of course it needs a good app as well, although reviews have said the app for these has no EQ.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #31,120 of 62,380
Incase anyone missed it there's new firmware with EQ options for the Enco X. If you hated the Enco X's default v shape with recessed mids like I did, the new EQ options improve it massively, both tunings are way more neutral. Now using these over my kef mu3's and track air + due to the form factor and just overall features/convenience/size. Hopefully can also try LHDC on my next phone and see if they improve anymore. Reasonably happy with these now. Got half an eye on the b&w pi7 - doubt ill get £250-300 worth of improvement for the premium but I like being surprised and I gotta try them all. 😅

Latest Hey Melody app isnt on google play yet, which is where the Eq options are.
Was interested in these but short of eBay no way to get in canada

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #31,121 of 62,380
A moment of silence...
IMG_20210324_150350_Bokeh.jpg
NFPs are out of commission. They really didn't like tip-rolling...

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #31,122 of 62,380
A moment of silence...

NFPs are out of commission. They really didn't like tip-rolling...
Is that an electrical connection on the nozzle? You could in theory glue it back in if it isn't. But if you have warranty...

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #31,123 of 62,380
Is that an electrical connection on the nozzle? You could in theory glue it back in if it isn't. But if you have warranty...
You're looking at the back end of two of the balanced armatures. Don't think I'm going to be able to press-fit this one back together.

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #31,124 of 62,380
I've been using my bomaker sifi 2 as a daily driver for a couple of weeks. Lovely earphone, steal for 20 quid. Minor niggles with the case being too small for decent size tips and a tiny battery in it, having to charge the thing up every few days is slightly annoying. If my mifos sounded like these, they'd be perfect.

I still prefer buttons to touch sensors. Bring back the sifi 1, bomaker! And give us some 14.5mm tips not the ones made for babies, that I tossed in the bin.

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #31,125 of 62,380

Users who are viewing this thread

Back