Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 21, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #31,021 of 62,135
What volume issue? I have an issue where when first taken or of the case the volume seems to drop to 50% of normal and I have to raise it back. But once connected it doesn't happen again.
It's that the issue or something else?
Something else. Problem manifests in three ways:
  1. I remove one of the buds from the case and volume starts jumping all over the place; this will continue until I put the buds back in and let them soft-reset.
  2. I'm listening to music with one or both buds in and attempt to use volume control on the phone. The same issue with erratic volume mentioned in (1) occur again.
  3. I attempt to adjust volume by phone and volume control rejects my entries (I mean literally rejects them...I see it bounce in the direction I select, then back to original).
Hard-resetting didn't work and disabling absolute volume only compounded the issue as everything was out of whack gain-wise. So I'm thinking it's an issue with how the buds are communicating with each other or between themselves and the device, even with the TWS+ stuff at work in the background. Regardless, I figured it was worth an escalation after I saw this stuff resurface after a couple days on the new firmware.

Mar 21, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #31,022 of 62,135
Question for MT users. Do you prefer the white or black. I bought the black bit I'm wondering if I should have gone for the white. I prefer look of the white buds but was worried about the case getting dirty.

Opinions?
I was torn between the black and white as well because I liked the white earbuds but didn't want to risk the white case getting dirty. I ended up buying the black case and white earbuds separately from the Cambridge store. The total cost was still $150, but I was able to get exactly what I wanted. I also think the contrast between the white buds and black case looks great.

The only downside was that the buds and case are shipped in very basic boxes without the original packaging that you would get from buying all one color. I really like the sound of the MT, but I was having the frequent connection issues that others experienced. I sent back the original white buds and have a replacement pair on the way. I'm hoping that the new pair doesn't have the connection issues, because I really like the MT otherwise.

Mar 22, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #31,023 of 62,135
the MT is a bit intriguing. Can anyone do a quick comparison between the L2P? Perhaps what they like over the other. I really do not need another TWS. Maybe i do...

i wouldnt mind a snug fitting TWS.
I owned the L2P just before I bought the MT. I found that they both had their strengths, but for sound quality, I much prefer the MT.

My quick breakdown between the two would be as follows:
L2P Pro's
  • Fit - for me the fin did an excellent job of holding them in place with little to no effort. The MT take more effort to get a good fit and tend to lose their seal sometimes if I move my jaw.
  • Stability. I never had a problem with the connection of the L2P. I was able to switch between just one bud or both buds without an issue. The MT on the other hand haven't stayed stable when I switch between the use of just the left or right earbud. Even when using both for music, I have had multiple connection issues. In fact, I needed to RMA the first pair and I'm waiting on delivery of the replacement pair.
  • Case - very quick insertion and removal of buds from case. I found the sliding door on the top to be very practical and the buds consistenly landed where they were supposed to and charged without issues. The MT take more care when placing in the case and sometimes one of the earbuds won't charge unless you take a moment to ensure that the red light flashes.
MT Pro's
  • Sound. I find the MT's to have excellent deep, but tight bass and smoother treble while still being pretty detailed. I felt the need to EQ both buds, but I was able to get a very enjoyable sound from the MT as I felt they responded better to EQ. Although the L2P's have a full sound, I found the treble to be harsh to my ears. If I used the EQ to tame what I perceived to be the harshness, the sound became distant and uninvolving. I tried all of the "Pro EQ options", but none of them sounded natural to me. I also listen to a lot of podcasts and I found the L2P's to have the same metallic harshness with many voices during the podcasts. When I found myself using cheap wired buds to avoid the harshness that I was hearing in the L2P's, I knew they needed to go back. I've had no concerns with the sound of the MT's. In fact, I've had moments where the sound from the MT's was so good (especially the deep bass) that I briefly forgot that I was listening to earbuds. They won't replace my iSine 20's, but they are very enjoyable.
I'm hoping that my replacement MT are a lot more stable. If not, I will be on the search again. If they're stable, then I won't feel the urge to buy another pair as I really find the sound to be very enjoyable for a TWS.

Mar 22, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #31,024 of 62,135
Still waiting on the TWS1 Pro. Think they're stateside, at least. Hopefully they'll get here by the end of the week.
Am very interested to hear your thoughts on these - at this point I'm trying to stay w/BT 5.2 or Adaptive and this one ticks both boxes.

Mar 22, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #31,025 of 62,135
I owned the L2P just before I bought the MT. I found that they both had their strengths, but for sound quality, I much prefer the MT.

My quick breakdown between the two would be as follows:
L2P Pro's
  • Fit - for me the fin did an excellent job of holding them in place with little to no effort. The MT take more effort to get a good fit and tend to lose their seal sometimes if I move my jaw.
  • Stability. I never had a problem with the connection of the L2P. I was able to switch between just one bud or both buds without an issue. The MT on the other hand haven't stayed stable when I switch between the use of just the left or right earbud. Even when using both for music, I have had multiple connection issues. In fact, I needed to RMA the first pair and I'm waiting on delivery of the replacement pair.
  • Case - very quick insertion and removal of buds from case. I found the sliding door on the top to be very practical and the buds consistenly landed where they were supposed to and charged without issues. The MT take more care when placing in the case and sometimes one of the earbuds won't charge unless you take a moment to ensure that the red light flashes.
MT Pro's
  • Sound. I find the MT's to have excellent deep, but tight bass and smoother treble while still being pretty detailed. I felt the need to EQ both buds, but I was able to get a very enjoyable sound from the MT as I felt they responded better to EQ. Although the L2P's have a full sound, I found the treble to be harsh to my ears. If I used the EQ to tame what I perceived to be the harshness, the sound became distant and uninvolving. I tried all of the "Pro EQ options", but none of them sounded natural to me. I also listen to a lot of podcasts and I found the L2P's to have the same metallic harshness with many voices during the podcasts. When I found myself using cheap wired buds to avoid the harshness that I was hearing in the L2P's, I knew they needed to go back. I've had no concerns with the sound of the MT's. In fact, I've had moments where the sound from the MT's was so good (especially the deep bass) that I briefly forgot that I was listening to earbuds. They won't replace my iSine 20's, but they are very enjoyable.
I'm hoping that my replacement MT are a lot more stable. If not, I will be on the search again. If they're stable, then I won't feel the urge to buy another pair as I really find the sound to be very enjoyable for a TWS.

Thank you very much for this write-up. I went and bought them off amazon earlier. Seems to be the "best" discount yet on them. I had about 60 bucks in gift cards and rewards. I need a good workout pair and maybe they'll become a more go to. I agree on the L2P sounding metallic-like. At least in the treble. I personally like the treble but it feels a bit artificial or fake sounding.

I hope not to see any of the early issues or common issues, as well. *Fingers crossed*

if not, maybe the JBL club pro+ as mentioned to me.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #31,026 of 62,135
Hi;

When I pair the Soundpeats H1 with the Hiby R3 pro and the connection is never be as good as connection to phone (redmi T9 pro), no matter what codec I selected, it drops a lot and a lot, for seconds every time. This happens with all my TWS IEM, Mpow, Lypertek levi, Fiil T1x, ... DAP pioneer XDP-300R or R3pro....

Anything else I could do?

Second question is about sound quality.
While using TWS IEM and the DAP/Phone is not using the chipset which output to the headphone jack. It is using another chipset for bluetooth to send the sound to the TWS, right? In this case, no matter how good that the DAP output sound to the , say 3.5mm jack, the sound should be same as phone if the bluetooth chips same? The tuning is only depends on the TWS IEM? if yes and seems really no point to use a DAP for this purpose. OR my understanding is wrong??

People using TWS IEM here only use their phone for music?

Mar 22, 2021 at 6:01 AM Post #31,028 of 62,135
What volume issue? I have an issue where when first taken or of the case the volume seems to drop to 50% of normal and I have to raise it back. But once connected it doesn't happen again.
It's that the issue or something else?
Imagine that’s a safety thing, to stop your ears being blown.

Mar 22, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #31,029 of 62,135
I'm still having issues with my CA MT's... Sometimes both earbuds wont connect when taken out of the case, and other times one of the earbuds wont charge properly.

All the other branded TWS I've owned just works, that's one of the big upsides with TWS.

Thinking of returning the MT's, their convenience factor is just too bad compared to others, despite the awesome sound and comfort.

It's just ridiculous that Cambridge Audio are having these issues with their product in 2021, it's not like TWS are a new product type any more. Something went very wrong at some point during the product development, it's also very strange that they didn't catch all these problems during the test phase.

Feels like Sennheiser MTW gen 1 all over again...They sound great and all, but there's some major technical difficultis that kills the product.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #31,030 of 62,135
Hi;

When I pair the Soundpeats H1 with the Hiby R3 pro and the connection is never be as good as connection to phone (redmi T9 pro), no matter what codec I selected, it drops a lot and a lot, for seconds every time. This happens with all my TWS IEM, Mpow, Lypertek levi, Fiil T1x, ... DAP pioneer XDP-300R or R3pro....

Anything else I could do?

Second question is about sound quality.
While using TWS IEM and the DAP/Phone is not using the chipset which output to the headphone jack. It is using another chipset for bluetooth to send the sound to the TWS, right? In this case, no matter how good that the DAP output sound to the , say 3.5mm jack, the sound should be same as phone if the bluetooth chips same? The tuning is only depends on the TWS IEM? if yes and seems really no point to use a DAP for this purpose. OR my understanding is wrong??

People using TWS IEM here only use their phone for music?
It sounds like you have an issue with the Hiby itself. Problem is that it COULD be software related, or it could be the hardware. I know that DAPs (even the best of them) cannot usually match the hardware of a good flagship phone, except for the amp/DAC section (which is where they focus more anyhow). Things such as wifi, BT, cpu, the OS itself, are usually only just functional because they focus (almost) exclusively on the sound that it is capable of making. There are of course exceptions to this rule of thumb.

You are absolutely right. The phone/DAP etc... is only used for transporting the music to the amp/DAC of the TWS. So, if there is no DSP being done at the source, any source you play music from should sound exactly the same as any other.

Mar 22, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #31,031 of 62,135
I'm still having issues with my CA MT's... Sometimes both earbuds wont connect when taken out of the case, and other times one of the earbuds wont charge properly.

All the other branded TWS I've owned just works, that's one of the big upsides with TWS.

Thinking of returning the MT's, their convenience factor is just too bad compared to others, despite the awesome sound and comfort.

It's just ridiculous that Cambridge Audio are having these issues with their product in 2021, it's not like TWS are a new product type any more. Something went very wrong at some point during the product development, it's also very strange that they didn't catch all these problems during the test phase.

Feels like Sennheiser MTW gen 1 all over again...They sound great and all, but there's some major technical difficultis that kills the product.
I returned mine. It was a huge disappointment, felt very half baked and rushed

Mar 22, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #31,032 of 62,135
I returned mine. It was a huge disappointment, felt very half baked and rushed

At this point I doubt that CA can fix them via software updates, it seems to be an inherent design problem.

I'm not that tech savy, but I do find it odd that Melomania shows up as L and R in the bluetooth menu instead as a single pair like most other TWS.

I'll give them until my return window is up.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #31,033 of 62,135
At this point I doubt that CA can fix them via software updates, it seems to be an inherent design problem.

I'm not that tech savy, but I do find it odd that Melomania shows up as L and R in the bluetooth menu instead as a single pair like most other TWS.

I'll give them until my return window is up.
the L2P do also.
I am in a newer Samsung phone and have had no connection issues with mine after the initial firmware updates. What are you pairing yours to?

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #31,034 of 62,135
It sounds like you have an issue with the Hiby itself. Problem is that it COULD be software related, or it could be the hardware. I know that DAPs (even the best of them) cannot usually match the hardware of a good flagship phone, except for the amp/DAC section (which is where they focus more anyhow). Things such as wifi, BT, cpu, the OS itself, are usually only just functional because they focus (almost) exclusively on the sound that it is capable of making. There are of course exceptions to this rule of thumb.

You are absolutely right. The phone/DAP etc... is only used for transporting the music to the amp/DAC of the TWS. So, if there is no DSP being done at the source, any source you play music from should sound exactly the same as any other.
Thanks a lot

So the best way to improve the sound quality is get the right earbud, even with my china phone

Mar 22, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #31,035 of 62,135
I guess, but a phone and tablet are both pretty easy to replace the battery. So even if the tech falls behind they're still usable years after launch.

Personally I doubt I'd wanna spent the money that Bowers & Wilkins might charge for thr P17. Unless there's an easy way to replace the battery.
Yeah, how sweet would it be if someone comes out with a TWS w/ replaceable batteries? I'm into flashlights and I have one with a 10180 battery that's so small I can barely hold it in my hand without dropping it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back