Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 21, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #30,991 of 62,437
I think there are two different models.

care to share your for secrets. Mine are only good for stationary listening. Move an inch and the seal breaks. How far in are you pushing them?
On the topic of isines, I’ve owned the 10, 20 and i3, and the 10 is the best value of the bunch by a mile.
I went for a 5 mile jog this morning in my Falcon pro’s, no issue with seal. They do sit fairly deep in your ear almost like a custom. I did switch to comply foam tips, they seem to work much better for me. I use small comply tips and let them go into the ear all the way until the housing touches my outer ear. I’ve noticed if they don’t sit deep enough you loose some bass and details as well as move around, since they have a long inner ear part to them. They seem to rely on depth for fit and sound over a hard seal. If you haven’t worn custom IEMs before they definitely will take some getting used to. I start with the longer part a little more horizontal and turn them a little counter clock wise when going in.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #30,992 of 62,437
In the US looks like they were going to be priced at $399, the Noble Falcon Pro’s are $329 and constantly sold out, including now again. So I think there’s plenty of a market for them. Just like the air pod Max’s everyone claim they were too expensive, still sold out everywhere.

There's still quite a bit of difference between 329 USD and 399+, I can also imagine that Bowers and Wilkins needs to sell much more units than Noble audio in order for the product to be called a success.

Also you can't compare them with anything Apple releases, they probably have the strongest brand in the world. The Air Pods Max are over-ears as well, not TWS.

Mar 21, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #30,993 of 62,437
Think I'm finally getting the hang of how these Noble Falcon Pro go in and out of my ears most easily. I've been playing around with then again for the past hour, a treat of sorts after dialing in the Neutralizer compensation on all the other TWS pairs.

Man, those things sing once the EQ is dialed in. So technically good, even if they're not the smoothest. They just have this crazy ability to handle fast bass, smooth bass, hard bass, synthetic bass, upright bass, and all the basses in between. Kick drums have that whooshing air sound that studio techs (and musicians) should be intimately familiar with. You can hear the difference in rebound noises on toms and snares. Between different zones on the ride cymbal. It's awesome.

They also seem to be ridiculously sensitive and, in this case, what's a con for me might be exactly what @Canabuc would consider worth high praise. I just have to run the phone at lower volume settings when I'm using the NFPs than I do with any other pair. For the life of me, I cannot run them at sustained periods of time at more than 50% in Neutron; they just become too energetic for me at that point. I do have a few different TWS foamies coming in that I can test to see if I can ca some of that treble energy down (as well as tame the driver flex).

Regardless, I don't know if that many other people are going to want to sit through the trial-and-error of figuring out the fit on these. AptX Adaptive sources are still relatively few and far between. Perhaps the Noble Falcon Pro is just a little ahead of its time, but I really think you can get these dialed in to a really fun, but really detailed experience.

This is going to remain my choice for the best TWS if raw sound quality is your only metric. Do ask about other qualifiers, though...these aren't the best all around (of what I've used)
Glad you got them dialed in until your new tips come. They really are the first TWS that have micro/macro detail and dynamics in bass as well as highs that I’ve heard. Definitely no where near as smooth sounding as the Sennheiser’s rounded edges. The comply tips do smooth out the highs a little, but lows stay with great speed and detail.

Mar 21, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #30,994 of 62,437
There's still quite a bit of difference between 329 USD and 399+, I can also imagine that Bowers and Wilkins needs to sell much more units than Noble audio in order for the product to be called a success.

Also you can't compare them with anything Apple releases, they probably have the strongest brand in the world. The Air Pods Max are over-ears as well, not TWS.
I guess it all depends on how you view the price difference, it’s 7 trips to Starbucks, one weekly trip to the gas station, two months of my Tidal and Qobuz membership fee. I feel many people today where I live view anything under $500 not as a large amount of money. A week of my kids summer camp, one of my daughters horse shows both cost double that. It’s two months of my cable/wifi bill($225 a month). Two months of my family wireless bill. It costs more to open or close our pool, it’s about the same as heating the pool the first month it’s opened. For B&W based on the number of $10-100k speakers they sell without issue, not sure they are worried about a $400 disposable iem selling due to price. They seem to have no issue selling the $1,000 battery powered Bluetooth speaker, that they came out with a $4,000 version.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #30,995 of 62,437
Glad you got them dialed in until your new tips come. They really are the first TWS that have micro/macro detail and dynamics in bass as well as highs that I’ve heard. Definitely no where near as smooth sounding as the Sennheiser’s rounded edges. The comply tips do smooth out the highs a little, but lows stay with great speed and detail.
Ironically, the ER4XR and Etymotion combo sounded better out of the box. If someone's willing to deal with wires, I still suggest that (or the UTWS3 + dedicated IEMs) over the Noble as it's considerably less frustrating to get a good fit and that might be enough for most.
Ahh, Thanks! I have the SpinFits! Most stock tips have questionable fit for me as I use Large on my right and medium on my left. Only for the Azla tips I use ML and M!
I have also ordered Azla Crystal Tips! Do they fit JBL?
The Azla support said they are best suited for GBPlus, so they might fit KEF's as well. I will post more once I get them
As long as the stem on the Azla are short enough, you should be fine. The consistent issue I see is these tips designed for IEMs are just too long, which would be a major problem for deep-insertion pairs (they'd probably come off and get stuck). Since the JBL are a shallower fit, you should be okay either way.
I think there are two different models.

care to share your for secrets. Mine are only good for stationary listening. Move an inch and the seal breaks. How far in are you pushing them?
On the topic of isines, I’ve owned the 10, 20 and i3, and the 10 is the best value of the bunch by a mile.
I take advantage of the dimple on the shell and use that as a lever point. My insertion isn't IEM-deep and instead relies on the flat part of my outer ear holding the tip against the opening to my ear. using one hand to insert so they don't go in too deep and rotating the driver as I insert have also been a pretty big help. I then tame the first-bend resonances with EQ or things get really shouty.

And that's how it's going to be until the foamies arrive and I can actually insert these deeper. Every other technique I've tried so far results in driver flex or mismatches in FR between each ear. I'd much rather insert these deeper if I could, but it's just not practical at the moment.

Mar 21, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #30,997 of 62,437
That was me (or at least I was one person). Now you have me super excited, as the P1 are ONE of my absolute favorite IEMs I own. Also one of, if not the most comfortable over time. Do give some impressions after you have listened to them for a time?!

I wasn't concerned so much about being able to drive them, because you can actually drive them pretty easily from a phone, but to drive them well, that is another matter altogether (the specs are super deceiving on these). I use the DX160 from 4.4mm balanced to get the 1.2W I need to drive them to potential. Otherwise they do get plenty loud, but are pretty darned flat and lifeless.

Edit: I was just looking at the specs on the UTWS3 and noticed that it only ouputs 38mw at 16ohms (which the P1 are 20ohms), but I found on my DX160 from SE (which is 600mw) they sound pretty lifeless. So, if you could do some comparisons with something that has some good power I would appreciate it (if you had the DX160 that would be ideal, at least for me haha)
Damn you guys...just added another IEM to the list I want to try out. 😝

Mar 21, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #30,998 of 62,437
For anybody who says the JBL Club Pro+ are weak in the subbass, my experience with this track begs to differ:

Certainly nothing new, but there's so many good textures in the midrange that a lot of V-shaped pairs will just kinda gloss over. Synth lines have snarl, you can hear the digital "oohs" in the background during the verse before things pan out to the choir. Really, a brilliant production when you dig into the details. But MAN do the kicks feel like they're pushing from inside your head outward and it's kinda fun...

Mar 21, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #31,000 of 62,437
the MT is a bit intriguing. Can anyone do a quick comparison between the L2P? Perhaps what they like over the other. I really do not need another TWS. Maybe i do...

i wouldnt mind a snug fitting TWS.
What overall sound character do you prefer? Not sure what you do and don't like about the L2P, but I can try to steer you if you give me a little more information:
  • Have you tried anything else?
  • What do you wish what you had could do that it doesn't do?
  • What do you not want it to do?
  • How much do you have to spend?
  • How much do you want to spend?

Mar 21, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #31,001 of 62,437
What overall sound character do you prefer? Not sure what you do and don't like about the L2P, but I can try to steer you if you give me a little more information:
  • Have you tried anything else?
  • What do you wish what you had could do that it doesn't do?
  • What do you not want it to do?
  • How much do you have to spend?
  • How much do you want to spend?

Hmm. Id say i like a U type graph/sound. But, with more emphasis on mids. I like the l2p quite a bit. I wouldn't mind perhaps a better mid range presence as i think that is the weak point of the l2p.

I currently own the L2P and Nuarl N6. I've tried the Sony XM3 - which i liked but they were bought used and had more damage than id have liked (ebay) and at one point had the adv sound model x.

I'm more intrigued by new offerings as a whole.

Price isn't really an issue.

Mar 21, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #31,002 of 62,437
Hmm. Id say i like a U type graph/sound. But, with more emphasis on mids. I like the l2p quite a bit. I wouldn't mind perhaps a better mid range presence as i think that is the weak point of the l2p.

I currently own the L2P and Nuarl N6. I've tried the Sony XM3 - which i liked but they were bought used and had more damage than id have liked (ebay) and at one point had the adv sound model x.

I'm more intrigued by new offerings as a whole.

Price isn't really an issue.
If it's midrange emphasis you're really after, I think the MT will really appeal to you. Notice I didn't say midrange detail. The MT are still more towards the V/fun-shaped category in that respect, but the treble is rolled down enough that your eardrums aren't being pierced as the volume knob goes up.

Otherwise, you could consider the JBL Club Pro+ and spend some time getting the EQ dialed in just the way you want (though I love the way it sounds in stock form). I've been having a blast seeing just how much more midrange detail I can extract from these, but there's not much of a midbass hump to remove at this point. They're pretty fantastic, honestly. Just plagued by a HearThrough and ANC modes that don't seem to be doing much of anything.

Mar 21, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #31,003 of 62,437
For anybody who says the JBL Club Pro+ are weak in the subbass, my experience with this track begs to differ:

Certainly nothing new, but there's so many good textures in the midrange that a lot of V-shaped pairs will just kinda gloss over. Synth lines have snarl, you can hear the digital "oohs" in the background during the verse before things pan out to the choir. Really, a brilliant production when you dig into the details. But MAN do the kicks feel like they're pushing from inside your head outward and it's kinda fun...

I thought bass and sub bass was a strength of the JBL. Found it deep yet still textured not boomy. Very impressive from small drivers.

Mar 21, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #31,005 of 62,437
I thought bass and sub bass was a strength of the JBL. Found it deep yet still textured not boomy. Very impressive from small drivers.
Thought I remembered you mentioning it wasn't enough for you. Maybe it was somebody else. Agreed; one heck of a driver and tuning they chose to use here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back