Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 19, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #30,887 of 63,207
Wait, there's more types of shoes than "work" and "not work?" Oh man, that explains a lot.

Today's deal that came across my email ($90 in lieu of $150):
https://drop.com/buy/soundcore-liberty-2-pro-true-wireless-iem

Price is fair; would be a nice alternative if you found the stem on the LA2P was too much. Personally, I didn't mind it at all. Just don't take this as an endorsement of Drop. Caveat emptor if you choose to order.
I have a pair, and with the app to EQ they're pretty much my favorite. But they don't have any advanced like ANC or ambient, so the "original" price is a bit high now.

Mar 19, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #30,888 of 63,207
I have a pair, and with the app to EQ they're pretty much my favorite. But they don't have any advanced like ANC or ambient, so the "original" price is a bit high now.
Figured it lost its value proposition by this point. Aside from driver count (and SQ, objectively speaking), the Liberty Air 2 Pro have dethroned it on the Soundcore lineup.

Mar 19, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #30,889 of 63,207
Okay @miserybeforethemusic. I got my UE Fits today and man, the new AC/DC album sounds great. Phone calls are working great. Zero issues. Sound is clean. Slightly EQ'd the bass. Soundstage is wide enough. What are your EQ settings? Still wish they had more tap controls, but the fit... oh the fit. I got these for $199 (they price matched a sale price) with a free Wonderboom 2 that will go the eBay route. At the end of the day, that IMO is a STEAL.

Mar 19, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #30,890 of 63,207
I don't usually think about Jabra, either. I almost forgot to recommend them, but maybe the EA75t's fun tuning helps. Still surprises me that I find myself reaching for them more than the 85t during the workday, even on days where I know I won't be taking any calls.
I agree with you. A bit of tinkering in the sound+ app where you lower the base a a smidge or two and increase the mids and treble a bit and they sound great...

I'm probably in the minority here but one thing that's not talked about as much about TWS is long term comfort. I'm on constant non stop Cisco jabber VOIP work calls 8-10 hours straight with one or maybe two 20 minute breaks during my entire shift. We are "definitely not there yet" if you're me once you get to the 5-6 hour mark and your ears start feeling like someone is bench pressing on them. The 75t Active is the first TWS that I have owned that are truly comfortable for my loong work marathon call sessions and even then I initially almost gave up on them when I first tried them on. The quality of their stock silicone tips (although a perfect fit for me in the smallest size) are just horrendous and a calling for an immediate allergy reaction/ ear infection. Those things itch and burn like you would never imagine possible once you get to the 4 hour mark. The crazy thing is that they feel excellent for the first 3 hours or so. What the hell is that about? I almost sent them back when luckily I saw @ AudioNoob post a link to his 75t review on this thread recommending the Spinfit 360s and 1025s for them. I got the 360s and with them they feel as smooth as silk for the entire 8-10 hours I have them on and haven't looked back since then.

Fun fact. Most TWS manufacturers truly exaggerate when they list the specs for their battery life. For my work call scenario they're usually off by about 1-2 hours. The 75t Active's truly live up to their 7.5 hour mark and I've actually managed to squeeze an extra 8-10 minutes on top of that a few times. They are truly a swiss army knife that excel at everything you throw at them. Their multipoint is the gold standard when it comes to handling VOIP and regular cell networks without dropping either one of them. I also usually run about 5 miles a day after work and their IP57 rating is flawless. I sweat excessively and unfortunately for me everything goes down the side of my head and my ears right into them. I've lost count of the number of IPX7 TWS (mostly Chi-fi) where they've stopped working only after 4-5 months due to sweat degradation and minerals/ oils affecting them over time. 8 months in and the 75t Active's still look and sound brand new. In fact there was an ebay code a few days ago ( didn't last very long) that dropped their price down to just $57 that I managed to get on and order an extra set. These ones will strictly be for work and I'll relegate my current ones to outside use and my workouts. I feel like I've committed highway robbery by getting these at such a ridiculous price and suggest everyone grab one without thinking about it too much if they go back down in the $60 range.

I know there are a few people here lurking and waiting for the mighty all in one and I say to all of you look no further for now. For their current $75 asking price here @ target and just $85 for the same version but with wireless charging- they do it all. Good to great sound quality (not excellent or close to current reference TWS by any means), reference multipoint and excellent battery life, true IP57 protection for running and swimming (yes, I've done that), Excellent call quality (reference once you add the jabra link 370/ 380 to the mix if you use a computer for music or work calls), good ANC, very good hear through, reference app customization and likewise for both the left/ right earbuds. The downsides that I can think of are just far and few. Left earbud is a slave to the right one so not independent by itself (I never understood why this is a big deal for most people if you can use the right one), bloated bass (which I truly believe is one that applies to the regular 75t and not to the slightly differently tuned 75t active which while is still much out of the box is definitely not bloated and can be tamed in the sound+ app) and finally the amount of refurbs floating out there. This last one is frankly one I have no answer for. I can only speculate that quality control is an issue when they're brand new or people like to abuse the return process. I'm sure it honestly falls somewhere between the two. At the same time I have bought 12-15 or so of these for coworkers, family and friends (all Jabra refurbs) all within the last few months and not one has gone bad so far. If you're worried about this just purchase them online @ Target and return them in store within 30 days no questions asked. Oh yeah and currently Jabra automatically upgrades your warranty from 6 months for the refurbs to a full 2 years if you register them in the sound core app.

Enough said. I'm starting to sound like a kid who just discovered candy for the first time :)

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #30,891 of 63,207
I agree with you. A bit of tinkering in the sound+ app where you lower the base a a smidge or two and increase the mids and treble a bit and they sound great...

I'm probably in the minority here but one thing that's not talked about as much about TWS is long term comfort. I'm on constant non stop Cisco jabber VOIP work calls 8-10 hours straight with one or maybe two 20 minute breaks during my entire shift. We are "definitely not there yet" if you're me once you get to the 5-6 hour mark and your ears start feeling like someone is bench pressing on them. The 75t Active is the first TWS that I have owned that are truly comfortable for my loong work marathon call sessions and even then I initially almost gave up on them when I first tried them on. The quality of their stock silicone tips (although a perfect fit for me in the smallest size) are just horrendous and a calling for an immediate allergy reaction/ ear infection. Those things itch and burn like you would never imagine possible once you get to the 4 hour mark. The crazy thing is that they feel excellent for the first 3 hours or so. What the hell is that about? I almost sent them back when luckily I saw @ AudioNoob post a link to his 75t review on this thread recommending the Spinfit 360s and 1025s for them. I got the 360s and with them they feel as smooth as silk for the entire 8-10 hours I have them on and haven't looked back since then.

Fun fact. Most TWS manufacturers truly exaggerate when they list the specs for their battery life. For my work call scenario they're usually off by about 1-2 hours. The 75t Active's truly live up to their 7.5 hour mark and I've actually managed to squeeze an extra 8-10 minutes on top of that a few times. They are truly a swiss army knife that excel at everything you throw at them. Their multipoint is the gold standard when it comes to handling VOIP and regular cell networks without dropping either one of them. I also usually run about 5 miles a day after work and their IP57 rating is flawless. I sweat excessively and unfortunately for me everything goes down the side of my head and my ears right into them. I've lost count of the number of IPX7 TWS (mostly Chi-fi) where they've stopped working only after 4-5 months due to sweat degradation and minerals/ oils affecting them over time. 8 months in and the 75t Active's still look and sound brand new. In fact there was an ebay code a few days ago ( didn't last very long) that dropped their price down to just $57 that I managed to get on and order an extra set. These ones will strictly be for work and I'll relegate my current ones to outside use and my workouts. I feel like I've committed highway robbery by getting these at such a ridiculous price and suggest everyone grab one without thinking about it too much if they go back down in the $60 range.

I know there are a few people here lurking and waiting for the mighty all in one and I say to all of you look no further for now. For their current $75 asking price here @ target and just $85 for the same version but with wireless charging- they do it all. Good to great sound quality (not excellent or close to current reference TWS by any means), reference multipoint and excellent battery life, true IP57 protection for running and swimming (yes, I've done that), Excellent call quality (reference once you add the jabra link 370/ 380 to the mix if you use a computer for music or work calls), good ANC, very good hear through, reference app customization and likewise for both the left/ right earbuds. The downsides that I can think of are just far and few. Left earbud is a slave to the right one so not independent by itself (I never understood why this is a big deal for most people if you can use the right one), bloated bass (which I truly believe is one that applies to the regular 75t and not to the slightly differently tuned 75t active which while is still much out of the box is definitely not bloated and can be tamed in the sound+ app) and finally the amount of refurbs floating out there. This last one is frankly one I have no answer for. I can only speculate that quality control is an issue when they're brand new or people like to abuse the return process. I'm sure it honestly falls somewhere between the two. At the same time I have bought 12-15 or so of these for coworkers, family and friends (all Jabra refurbs) all within the last few months and not one has gone bad so far. If you're worried about this just purchase them online @ Target and return them in store within 30 days no questions asked. Oh yeah and currently Jabra automatically upgrades your warranty from 6 months for the refurbs to a full 2 years if you register them in the sound core app.

Enough said. I'm starting to sound like a kid who just discovered candy for the first time :)

for me, open air earbuds are the best for long sessions, and my current favorites are the Sabbats (X12 and Vooplay) and the Vivo TWS Neo. i run and skate only around my neighborhood though, which is not too many cars passing by and generally not too noisy.

silicone tipped TWS, no matter how comfortable they are, seems to make my ears sweat after more than one hour of use, so i need to take a break with them from time to time.
I'm curious about adding the Gbuds Live to my collection, but i think i would wait for the next gen open TWS with longer battery life

Mar 19, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #30,892 of 63,207
Okay @miserybeforethemusic. I got my UE Fits today and man, the new AC/DC album sounds great. Phone calls are working great. Zero issues. Sound is clean. Slightly EQ'd the bass. Soundstage is wide enough. What are your EQ settings? Still wish they had more tap controls, but the fit... oh the fit. I got these for $199 (they price matched a sale price) with a free Wonderboom 2 that will go the eBay route. At the end of the day, that IMO is a STEAL.
Yeah, you made out like a bandit on that deal. Honestly, I haven't changed it fro. UE Signature since I got the new tips. That's honestly good enough for me.

If you want to be more daring, I'd opt for any of the "SoundID"-likes out there, but I'm more than happy with this thing as is.

Mar 19, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #30,893 of 63,207
Started a collection of wireless buds, Sony WF-1000XM3, Sennheiser Momentum True 2 and Noble Falcon Pro.
Out of the three best out of box sound was the Sony, Sennheiser was better when equalized (hifi mode) and Noble was much better when equalized.
Ranked
1. Noble’s out of the box sound pretty meh, plenty of detail but very V shaped with recessed vocals. Luckily Noble app has the best equalizer out of all of the ones I’ve tried. And the equalizer setting stays saved with the IEMs so when switching from my phone to Fiio m15 or iPad or A&K, my settings are all saved. Not the case on the Sennheiser’s. The Noble’s require the most playing with the EQ but once set they are drastically more detailed, better bass control and better dynamics then the other two. Noble includes the newest Apt X which when used with the m15 sounds great, much better sub bass, dynamic bass, more details and air in highs. I’m sure having BA for highs helps with the dynamic driver for lows, the vocals due have a BA which is both good and bad. It’s a modern BA so timbre is pretty good but the Sennheiser is definitely the best of the 3 for vocals. Noble’s mids need a bunch of EQ to sound textured and less thin. Also dropping the 4K EQ to get rid of sibilance. Although after EQ it is definitely the best of the group.
2. Sennheiser again only ok out of the box, but once EQ they sound good. They have best vocals of the three. The vocals are clear and warm, not as detailed as the Noble, but they have a great timbre. The mids do require a bit of EQ to sound best, since once again a very V shaped IEM. The bass can easily be tamed and pleasant but has no where near the speed of the Noble or the texture and detail of the Noble in the low end. Sennheiser again has very pleasant highs but they roll off quickly and not nearly as detailed as the Noble’s or even the Sony. Sennheiser’s timing was a bit off, but still enjoyable just not toe tapping. Overall I liked the Sennheiser over the Sony for vocals and fit.
3. Sony’s I liked least, even though they sounded best out of the box. Once again a theme all V shaped out of the box. Sony app did not include a way to EQ this, my biggest issue. The vocals or mids are dry, lifeless. Bass was a bit more boom then I like but was mostly controlled. The highs were extended and fairly detailed, can get sibilant. Timing and dynamics were better then the Sennheiser but a little behind the Noble’s. The only real reason I returned the Sony after a week was fit and dry mids that very lacking to me.

Sennheiser are the most comfortable for me with the Noble’s and Sony’s falling a bit behind. Noble’s need a deep fit to have good bass and can create some pressure. Sony’s are heavier, old shaped and I tend to have a hard time keeping them in place if I’m moving around. Sennheiser’s are not the smallest, Nobles, but are shaped well and easily sit in my ear.

For features, Sony’s noise canceling was best, Noble has none, Sennheiser’s didn’t really do much. App’s Noble app didn’t always find the falcon’s but had the best EQ by far. Sennheiser EQ was basic and helped but would have liked more control. Sony needs to include a custom EQ option. Noble latest Apt X definitely shined with flac and master quality songs, better lows and highs. Which in aac there definitely is less detail and control presuming from missing info. Unfortunately Noble’s app only works with location on, so only on phones and not on either of my daps so EQing needs to be done on your phone, luckily the falcons hold their settings until changed again. Sony could be a winner with a little app refresh just felt in need of an update. Sennheiser and Noble both have full customization of taps for commands in the app.

I chose to keep the Noble’s for my needs, comfort and sound quality. Far from perfect or a wired iem but best option I’ve tried so far. The Noble’s definitely have better bass control and more detail with good timing. The Wizard must have drunk when tuning these but they take EQ easily and well. Out of three, the Noble’s are the only ones where drums sound like drums, not thumps and small details are not completely lost. You can still hear artists breaths and guitar strings have an edge. The other two lose micro dynamic and small details. Although when using Apple aac you lose some of this edge Apt X adaptive with 5.2.

Any others I should try? I’m not a bass head, my favorite headphones are LCD 4’s, Verite Closed, Stellia, Utopia and A12t.

Mar 19, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #30,894 of 63,207
Started a collection of wireless buds, Sony WF-1000XM3, Sennheiser Momentum True 2 and Noble Falcon Pro.
Out of the three best out of box sound was the Sony, Sennheiser was better when equalized (hifi mode) and Noble was much better when equalized.
Ranked
1. Noble’s out of the box sound pretty meh, plenty of detail but very V shaped with recessed vocals. Luckily Noble app has the best equalizer out of all of the ones I’ve tried. And the equalizer setting stays saved with the IEMs so when switching from my phone to Fiio m15 or iPad or A&K, my settings are all saved. Not the case on the Sennheiser’s. The Noble’s require the most playing with the EQ but once set they are drastically more detailed, better bass control and better dynamics then the other two. Noble includes the newest Apt X which when used with the m15 sounds great, much better sub bass, dynamic bass, more details and air in highs. I’m sure having BA for highs helps with the dynamic driver for lows, the vocals due have a BA which is both good and bad. It’s a modern BA so timbre is pretty good but the Sennheiser is definitely the best of the 3 for vocals. Noble’s mids need a bunch of EQ to sound textured and less thin. Also dropping the 4K EQ to get rid of sibilance. Although after EQ it is definitely the best of the group.
2. Sennheiser again only ok out of the box, but once EQ they sound good. They have best vocals of the three. The vocals are clear and warm, not as detailed as the Noble, but they have a great timbre. The mids do require a bit of EQ to sound best, since once again a very V shaped IEM. The bass can easily be tamed and pleasant but has no where near the speed of the Noble or the texture and detail of the Noble in the low end. Sennheiser again has very pleasant highs but they roll off quickly and not nearly as detailed as the Noble’s or even the Sony. Sennheiser’s timing was a bit off, but still enjoyable just not toe tapping. Overall I liked the Sennheiser over the Sony for vocals and fit.
3. Sony’s I liked least, even though they sounded best out of the box. Once again a theme all V shaped out of the box. Sony app did not include a way to EQ this, my biggest issue. The vocals or mids are dry, lifeless. Bass was a bit more boom then I like but was mostly controlled. The highs were extended and fairly detailed, can get sibilant. Timing and dynamics were better then the Sennheiser but a little behind the Noble’s. The only real reason I returned the Sony after a week was fit and dry mids that very lacking to me.

Sennheiser are the most comfortable for me with the Noble’s and Sony’s falling a bit behind. Noble’s need a deep fit to have good bass and can create some pressure. Sony’s are heavier, old shaped and I tend to have a hard time keeping them in place if I’m moving around. Sennheiser’s are not the smallest, Nobles, but are shaped well and easily sit in my ear.

For features, Sony’s noise canceling was best, Noble has none, Sennheiser’s didn’t really do much. App’s Noble app didn’t always find the falcon’s but had the best EQ by far. Sennheiser EQ was basic and helped but would have liked more control. Sony needs to include a custom EQ option. Noble latest Apt X definitely shined with flac and master quality songs, better lows and highs. Which in aac there definitely is less detail and control presuming from missing info. Unfortunately Noble’s app only works with location on, so only on phones and not on either of my daps so EQing needs to be done on your phone, luckily the falcons hold their settings until changed again. Sony could be a winner with a little app refresh just felt in need of an update. Sennheiser and Noble both have full customization of taps for commands in the app.

I chose to keep the Noble’s for my needs, comfort and sound quality. Far from perfect or a wired iem but best option I’ve tried so far. The Noble’s definitely have better bass control and more detail with good timing. The Wizard must have drunk when tuning these but they take EQ easily and well. Out of three, the Noble’s are the only ones where drums sound like drums, not thumps and small details are not completely lost. You can still hear artists breaths and guitar strings have an edge. The other two lose micro dynamic and small details. Although when using Apple aac you lose some of this edge Apt X adaptive with 5.2.

Any others I should try? I’m not a bass head, my favorite headphones are LCD 4’s, Verite Closed, Stellia, Utopia and A12t.
You might like the AZ70, good sub bass, more midrange / treble leaning.

Mar 19, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #30,895 of 63,207
I'm pretty partial to the UE FITS if you're willing to dial EQ in like your did with the Noble. For a pair you might be able to toss around a bit and worry less about, I'd consider the Cambridge Melomania Touch. They're far from the resolving, detailed, technical beasts in your repertoire, but they have a unique character on their own and would be one of my go-to recommendations for a gym pair. Not bass monsters, either; just warm and unapologetically British.

Said it better than I could myself. The praise is well-deserved. I honestly favor these over the 85t most workdays.

Mar 19, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #30,896 of 63,207
You might like the AZ70, good sub bass, more midrange / treble leaning.
You might like the EQ capabilities of the Noble’s and it works very well with very noticeable sound changes even just 1 or 2 dbs. Looked up the AZ70, sound signature sounds good, too bad no Apt X hd or adaptive.

Attachments

• C70C2B02-1AF2-4CE6-9E37-DF21EAA65108.png
    C70C2B02-1AF2-4CE6-9E37-DF21EAA65108.png
    287.9 KB · Views: 0
Mar 20, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #30,898 of 63,207
To Jabra or not to Jabra? 75 or 85? Runner's thud or pressure relief vents ... so many questions.
Ever since the Jabra Elite sport, my very first TWS, I have not gotten really into any of the other offerings .. but I keep reading so much between the lines, like 75 have a more 'fun' tuning, and now thanks FW they can do ANC as well? The 85 on the other hand have really kick ass ANC? Some sites say the 85 are 'semi in ear' and have pressure relief valves / vents, so does that mean there's no runner's thud?

Having a chance here to get a set of the 85 locally, and trying to get that done before they adjust the price (the way local currency performs to USD, I have seen that i.e. that Bose set I recently bought now is 50-60$ more expensive, similar for the Galaxy Buds Pro)

Oh, and if there was a choice ... J85t or the GBPro?
Bought the 85t, not the 75 or G buds pro, so I’ll focus on what I have.

Yes, the Jabra has something that looks and feels like a semi on-ear, in that there is no way for me and my larger ear holes to get a seal.. and they have oval nozzles that won’t take many tips. But the eureka moment was with the MyFit with the app. It was impossible to get the L stock oval to give me passes, even with jamming it into my ear. Then, when I changed to my go-to LL silicones, it gave OKs and a great seal and sound. So based on the Jabra app, it wants a seal like an in-ear.

Yes, with the above, the ANC is *that* good. To me a hair better than Apollo Bold, and about the same as Sony XM3.

The tuning is not bass heavy like the Apollos, but the app lets you EQ them.

To me, the Jabra 85t ticks almost all the boxes. Comfort, Transparency, ANC, volume control on the IEM. Pro feel. The sound signature could be closer to the Urbanfuns, which I like.

The MT is mostly blah, to compare. updated firmware, can’t get the sub bass to sound like the XM3. They still needed a reset due to connection issue. Almost impossble to get large nonstock tips into box. Hassle to fuss with R bud to get into case. Every. Single. Time. For me, the Fiil T1XS is a similar but better. I’ll probably return the MT. Sorry, I know it gets a lot of love

Jabra is becoming my regular daily earbud.

I hope this helps.

Mar 20, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #30,899 of 63,207
for me, open air earbuds are the best for long sessions, and my current favorites are the Sabbats (X12 and Vooplay) and the Vivo TWS Neo. i run and skate only around my neighborhood though, which is not too many cars passing by and generally not too noisy.

silicone tipped TWS, no matter how comfortable they are, seems to make my ears sweat after more than one hour of use, so i need to take a break with them from time to time.
I'm curious about adding the Gbuds Live to my collection, but i think i would wait for the next gen open TWS with longer battery life
Could you please make a quick sound quality review of the Vivo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back