Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 13, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #30,661 of 62,307
The Oluv edition is just a different tuning of the earfun free pro. That bud has no app or EQ.
Fiil t1pro is the real earbud that makes the bud for earfun.
The T1pro has an EQ. The advantage is it is saved to the buds so that you can use them in any device and the EQ settings stay.
The advantage is you have your preferred EQ and not some guy from YouTube.
I guess I’ll see how it sounds OOB and if it needs a touch of EQ, I’ll use the Kaiser Audio app. Price was right.

Mar 13, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #30,663 of 62,307
Big issue: Not ANC.

I know, I know...
I got it, I don’t need it. They block my wife and toddler at 6am or the middle of the night perfectly. Then, wake me with an alarm when it’s time to get up. But I’m sure they don’t work for everyone.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #30,664 of 62,307
Love to hear from any Huawei freebuds pro users.
So far with a bit of EQ with wavelet to raise treble it sounds quite good. Not MT Good but close to the Sony just warmer but better low end. Wonder if anyone has so e EQ settings or wavelet profile to share.

I heard rumor that Huawei might add an EQ to their app. That would be great as that extra treble boost adds nice detail. Also soundstage surprisingly good too.

ANC really is brilliant. And for someone who has trouble getting earbuds to fit. These do with stock large tips for me. Would have thought stem style would be less secure in the ear. But these are 2nd most secure after the MT.

Mar 13, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #30,665 of 62,307
2045pages...... Isn't it time to split this into separate threads or even its own group?

Mar 14, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #30,666 of 62,307
The Oluv edition is just a different tuning of the earfun free pro. That bud has no app or EQ.
The T1pro has an EQ. The advantage is it is saved to the buds so that you can use them in any device and the EQ settings stay.
Agree wholeheartedly. Oluv is just another fixed tuning by a guy who tunes it to his own preference. The Fiil t1 pro offers way more customization options and track back option.

Mar 14, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #30,668 of 62,307
Mar 14, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #30,669 of 62,307
I got my hands on a set of bomaker sifi 2s for £20 two weeks ago from an amazon sale and they sound really nice. Touch controls aren't my thing, but work OK, the eartips are made for mice, however so I tossed them in the bin. I had the hardest time getting a tip to fit in the case, as I normally use 14.5mm tips, I had to settle with large tennmak whirlwinds in the end, which just fit in the case, but leave a problematic fit for me. The battery life on the case is crap too, I get about two and half charges out of the case, but it is tiny, so I can live with it.

They are quite a lot larger than the originals with a shallower fit, so why the tiny tips?

Mar 14, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #30,670 of 62,307
Agree wholeheartedly. Oluv is just another fixed tuning by a guy who tunes it to his own preference. The Fiil t1 pro offers way more customization options and track back option.
Funny you should mention that.

Attachments

•  .png
     .png
    122.5 KB · Views: 0
Mar 14, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #30,672 of 62,307
Funny you should mention that.

i personally not interested in the Oluv tuning, simply because of what El Jeffe said. it doesn't need a youtuber's insight to see that apparently.. even me as a regular viewer (and i doubt I'm the only one) can come to a conclusion that he's a bit one sided in opinions and trashes others that's not aligned with his.

Mar 14, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #30,673 of 62,307
i personally not interested in the Oluv tuning, simply because of what El Jeffe said. it doesn't need a youtuber's insight to see that apparently.. even me as a regular viewer (and i doubt I'm the only one) can come to a conclusion that he's a bit one sided in opinions and trashes others that's not aligned with his.
He has strong opinions and is blunt about them but he tries to back them up with relevant sound samples which differentiates him from other reviewers. I've learned a lot from him.

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #30,674 of 62,307
He has strong opinions and is blunt about them but he tries to back them up with relevant sound samples which differentiates him from other reviewers. I've learned a lot from him.
Truthfully I have no dog in that fight. They are great sounding earbuds especially for the price. Maybe his tuning is very good.

I am just a believer that my ears and hearing differ from yours or his. This is why I prefer to EQ them myself. I am over 50 years old and likely have different shaped ears than him as well. His tuning even if good may not fit what I need.

With the T1 pro I can adjust the sound signature for what I like.
Chances are he will have lowered the bass pushed up the mids to get a more neutral sound as the EFP see tuned bass heavier than stock Fiil T1PRO

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #30,675 of 62,307
Does make me wonder if.all those good soundcore reviews though did have some paid advertising but in.
I literally bought the liberty or 2 pro and returned an hour later.
They felt like crap in my ears despite trying all the tip sizes. Controls are very limited and the sound was nothing special. Yes one can EQ them which I like but I hated the form factor and lack of controls.
The stems were so long they run against my cheeks causing microphones especially if mics are active.

My freebuds pro I just got have a shorter stem and much better fit and comfort. They only lack an equalizer making me have to use wavelet. But even stock EQ is nice. Wavelet just adds that treble detail I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back