Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 16, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #29,326 of 63,209
Hi guys,

I am looking for a pair of true wireless "IEMs". The problem is that I have an ear condition that makes my ears itchy and therefore I have to put ear liquid in to moisturize them. Thus, regular IEMs tend to fall out of my ear. I need something with support either in the outer ear or around the ear. Can anyone suggest truewireless IEMs that have something like this? I need it to be really stable in my ear. Thank you in advance for your help!
A bit of dampness actually helps me create a stronger seal. That said try looking at the FiiO, TRN, and Shure TWS adapters with an MMCX IEM to attach to it.

Feb 16, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #29,327 of 63,209
Hi guys,

I am looking for a pair of true wireless "IEMs". The problem is that I have an ear condition that makes my ears itchy and therefore I have to put ear liquid in to moisturize them. Thus, regular IEMs tend to fall out of my ear. I need something with support either in the outer ear or around the ear. Can anyone suggest truewireless IEMs that have something like this? I need it to be really stable in my ear. Thank you in advance for your help!

You may need xelastec eartips. They are supposed to create suction and just stick inside your ears. Just expensive eartips and I am not sure if they will fit certain TWS cases. You can email them to ask once you have in mind couple tws models you want to try. Depending on what features you are looking for and cost

Feb 16, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #29,328 of 63,209
Hi guys,

These... https://www.amazon.com/JVC-Wireless...1&keywords=JVC+HA-E45BT&qid=1613498268&sr=8-5 ...will be stable and configurable as they have both fins and ear guides that you can use either type or both together.

Feb 16, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #29,329 of 63,209
Hi guys,

Another idea that just came up, UE Fits are kind of partially custom fit to the shape of your ear. They may or may not have the secure fit you’re looking for though. I think there is a 30-day refund on them though.

Feb 16, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #29,330 of 63,209
That's exactly why I personally always take all these earphones/headphones and gear reviews with a large pinch of salt, as everyone hearing/musical taste and expectations are different. Only your own experiences will really tell you if something is right for you, which is why this hobby is so expensive lol
Totally agree.

Feb 16, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #29,331 of 63,209
something is up then. There are reports all over the place of terrible ANC on the MTW2 (reddit has several threads on the topic). Either this is user error, ANC is terrible or there are a lot of these in the wild with faulty hardware. I did some digging and ultimately concluded the ANC was just weak and it was not hardware related. I attempted to contact Sennheiser about it but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Everything is done via an email portal.

Perhaps it is a fitment issue - IDK but it is strange that some report excellent ANC and others report virtually no ANC. With mine I could hear the ANC "engage" but it just didn't do anything. My test was against an exercise fan so maybe the particular hum of my fan wasn't in the sweet spot but with my Bose and Gemini, the fan immediately gets killed.
As I said I can get a good fit and anc is great. Smallest adjustment of the earbud may not effect the sound from the buds but anc goes weak. It really is a fit issue and thus hard to notice as in my ears the sound doesn’t change only the seal is tiny bit less and ANC gets weak.

Feb 16, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #29,332 of 63,209
Another idea that just came up, UE Fits are kind of partially custom fit to the shape of your ear. They may or may not have the secure fit you’re looking for though. I think there is a 30-day refund on them though.
I just returned mine. Fit was good, had issues with my right ear, always do. Sound was okay. Gemini, Grado, Melomania Touch, blows them away IMO. But again, the fit is special if you can get a good impression. I preferred my Bragi Dash Starkey Edition fit by far, but those were done by an audiologist. Maybe that is the next step for UE but I can't see that happening in this day and age if they want to make a profit. Too niche.

Feb 16, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #29,333 of 63,209
Hi guys,

My I ask what liquid you use to combat the reaction to your ears? I have the same problem and have almost given up on in ear monitors.

Feb 16, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #29,334 of 63,209
Did a brief ANC test with the Sennheiser and I understand why some think it doesn't do anything.

It's because the passive isolation is so good it just take out some extra low end beyond.

With no music bids in ANC off I listened to loud cafe and Ane noise. Noise was medium. Turned on ANC and there was a modest reduction such that the sound remaining was more high end.
Then I removed the buds completely and was shocked at how loud the sound coming from tv was.

So what it means I'd that the PNC ANC combo together is excellent but the PNC is so good the ANC doesn't add much.

Conversely the APP were not good for PNC so there is a substantial difference when ANC turned on.

Feb 16, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #29,335 of 63,209
The beauty is in the eyes of a beholder. Or in our case: everyone hears differently. I bought N6pro as a recommendation from you guys here, but boy, was it a huge pile of *@&#. I think mine must have been DOA. No bass and weird tonality. I got at least some Spinfits 360 out of the deal...

What I've learned is that EVERYONE hears differently. Crinacle put Sony XM3s on the same level as Buds Plus... :scream: XM3s are at least a level higher (or even two) IMO.
I believe most of us who have the n6pro would agree it is not exactly bassy or warm sounding. The n6pro is known more for its detail retrieval and neutral signature. The xm3 is bassy and a more consumer friendly sound. So that would match what most of us describes. It just happens that you appreciate a more bassy sound while some appreciate a flatter and "faster" sound.

Feb 16, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #29,336 of 63,209
My I ask what liquid you use to combat the reaction to your ears? I have the same problem and have almost given up on in ear monitors.

Sure, I use mineral oil. It's not bad. It helps for a little while. I find that I have to do it regularly (like at least 2x a day) in order to get it to work. When I've used cortisone prescription drops, those work better, but it's not really sustainable for dry ears. I don't really produce ear wax. I wish I did. Ear wax keeps everything moist.

Feb 16, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #29,339 of 63,209
Anyone have both the Grado's and the Melomania Touch? Thoughts? Really enjoying both.

Feb 16, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #29,340 of 63,209
I'm interested too, would love it for gaming on my PC (I have a BT reciever with APTX LL).

But it seems they're not selling it, and doesn't even show up on their website which I find odd.

assuming you mean transmitter, not receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back