Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #28,891 of 62,258
After some serious ear time, sorry to say I am returning the Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch. Having some fit issues and also the right bud won’t charge past 50%. Even after a FW update.
On the upside, I an keeping the Status Audio Between Pro BT phones, a serious steal at $79 via Indiegogo. Triple driver model, great fit, buttons not touch (my preference). Some buyers report crackling issues in the left earphone. So far so good. They just plain sound right, from every cymbal hit to a tight, taught bass line. No EQ required. I’d pay full freight for them, just got lucky going the crowdsource route, I guess. Always a risk.
I am not alone loving these BT buds.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #28,892 of 62,258
this is the idea I came up with to improve the fit for my ears, which are on the smaller side. I sacrificed a pair of my azla Sedna xelastic ear tips, carefully cut away the stem, then stretched the remaining tip over each A3 earbud. I chose these ear tips because of the tacky texture. Not sure if other ear tips will perform as these, but perhaps.
Can you post some pics? Sounds interesting. Would love to see.

Feb 3, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #28,894 of 62,258
Can you post some pics? Sounds interesting. Would love to see.
Well, the honeymoon is over for me. As of yesterday, my A-3 have stopped working. One bud won't even power on and the other keeps going through what looks like to be a firmware reset over and over. Not sure what is up and I've email Earin support 3x and haven't heard back. Fingers crossed...

Feb 3, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #28,895 of 62,258
Anyone know of a good set of TWS that has reference tuning? I have the Hifiman TWS600 and find them pretty good, but they are just way too hot in the mid range without a ton of EQing. I also tried the Melomania Touch based on "professional" reviews that said they are tuned neutral (not even close), and while I DO like them and probably will keep them, I am looking for something more neutral/reference for a TWS.

Feb 3, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #28,896 of 62,258
For those having issues with their Devialet Gemini, I received this response from support and it seems to have fixed my issues. Hope it help some of you!

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Your headphones are up to date, good news.

I invite you to perform the following manipulation:

- Remove and put the earphones one by one in the case.
- Close the case
- Press the button, and in the meantime
- Open/close the case twice in a row
- Release the button

Did the light turn flashing orange and then green for a moment?

If yes, the reset has been well done, and you will be able to put the box in pairing mode again.

Forget in your phone's Bluetooth settings any device linked to Gemini.

Then repair with Gemini L and pair with R.

This should solve the problem you are experiencing.

Feel free to come back to me if you need me.

Wishing you a very nice day!

Feb 3, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #28,897 of 62,258
For those having issues with their Devialet Gemini, I received this response from support and it seems to have fixed my issues. Hope it help some of you!

Hello,

- Close the case
- Release the button

If yes, the reset has been well done, and you will be able to put the box in pairing mode again.

.......... Stand on one foot, turn in a circle, then turn them back on. :)

Feb 3, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #28,898 of 62,258

Hello,

- Close the case
- Release the button

yeah that’s the reset for Geminis, but for me no :/
Something is broken, I get 5 % sound of left earbud. When put in charging case they start making a weird noise.
I purchased from a local dealer and they won’t replace them as the % of people having issues and returning them are too high.
Even of mine worked (right now) I would return them and wait until they do a re-launch with some seriously improved QC.

or purchase the new Kefs and hope for the best :)

Feb 3, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #28,899 of 62,258
.......... Stand on one foot, turn in a circle, then turn them back on. :)
I do that every day, I don't need them to tell me. #PandemicLifeWorkFromHome

Feb 3, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #28,900 of 62,258
yeah that’s the reset for Geminis, but for me no :/
Something is broken, I get 5 % sound of left earbud. When put in charging case they start making a weird noise.
I purchased from a local dealer and they won’t replace them as the % of people having issues and returning them are too high.
Even of mine worked (right now) I would return them and wait until they do a re-launch with some seriously improved QC.

or purchase the new Kefs and hope for the best :)
Try reaching out to Devialet. They've been very responsive.

Feb 3, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #28,901 of 62,258
Try reaching out to Devialet. They've been very responsive.

yes! They have been helpful with all my issues, connection, battery, channel imbalance, failed fit tests. No complaints from me regarding Devialet support.

Their reply was ”wait for new firmware” then I got a new email saying ”return them”. That tells me they dont know what is the problem and they dont know when they have a fix.

Really sad because I think they sound terrific :/

Feb 3, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #28,902 of 62,258
Also if it was a firmware issue and the solution was somewhat imminent I find it hard to believe they’d recommend me to return them. Especially after I explicitly explained how to them that I was very happy with the sound when working.

Feb 3, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #28,903 of 62,258
Anyone bite on the KEF Mu3? At £199 it’s tempting with ANC, possible good fit from images, wireless charging case, 8.3mm driver, KEF tuning. Apparently according to their blurb, a signal is sent to both earpieces at the same time and it’s not a master slave scenario as with Melomania Touch.

Would have normally bought this on sight but don’t want a repeat of the Melomania Touch scenario, so waiting on reviews this time! But on paper it seems better.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #28,904 of 62,258
Anyone know of a good set of TWS that has reference tuning? I have the Hifiman TWS600 and find them pretty good, but they are just way too hot in the mid range without a ton of EQing. I also tried the Melomania Touch based on "professional" reviews that said they are tuned neutral (not even close), and while I DO like them and probably will keep them, I am looking for something more neutral/reference for a TWS.
You might like the Audio Technica AZ70, i find it has more reference level bass for sure, its mids are elevated but not harshly, treble is well defined without becoming sibilant, decent sound stage.

Feb 3, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #28,905 of 62,258
yes! They have been helpful with all my issues, connection, battery, channel imbalance, failed fit tests. No complaints from me regarding Devialet support.

Their reply was ”wait for new firmware” then I got a new email saying ”return them”. That tells me they dont know what is the problem and they dont know when they have a fix.

Really sad because I think they sound terrific :/
It does seem your situation would take probably more than a FW update to fix, but it is hard to say with these. When mine do a cold connect there's sometimes a slow fade from Right to Left, so maybe your Right -> Left communication is somehow stuck? On my first pair I had a dead chamber, rendered useless by a failed flash. Support told me I had to return them, and I did, but I very much suspect that had it allowed me to re-flash it would have fixed itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back