Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 29, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #28,771 of 62,490
Yes that is the price I was referring to. I saw it for the same price on Best Buy yesterday.
Yeah it's a good price for sure
Maybe I spoke too soon about reliability. Contacted master and dynamic , they advised me in the best cleaning techniques. Tried it, as of last night there was no change to the sound quality post cleaning but today, omg they are back to their roaring best. I'm so confused . Do they reset their bud to bud pairing after a significant time ? Who knows

Jan 29, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #28,773 of 62,490
I've had four pairs of true wireless earbuds at this point. I live & work in a metropolitan area - two of them (Libratone Track Air+ SE, Edifier TWS NB2) have an issue with sound dropping out frequently when I wear them outdoors. The other two (Jaybirds, 1More) had no such problem. How can I tell if this is likely to be an issue with future TWS purchases? I don't see many reviewers making reference to urban outdoor stability.

Jan 29, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #28,774 of 62,490
I spoke too soon. Now I’m having a strange issue with the Devialet Gemini whereas the right bud keeps trying to connect even if I open and close the case which had been working. I have to manually disconnect it and even then it still wakes and connects.
I spoke too soon. Now I’m having a strange issue with the Devialet Gemini whereas the right bud keeps trying to connect even if I open and close the case which had been working. I have to manually disconnect it and even then it still wakes and connects.
Happened to me, too. Best to just reset them, re-pair and carry on.

Jan 29, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #28,775 of 62,490
Anyone have experience with the Oppo Enco X? Seems they were made with assistance of Dynaudio using disk drives with good ANC. Early reviews sound very good.
Coaxial dual drivers. BT 5.2 full controls.....

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #28,776 of 62,490
Having spent more time with the Gemini, I'm not sure I could find a better sound out of ANY bluetooth headset (except my HFM Ananda BT). I prefer them to my AKG371 and my Air Pods Max. In fact, I am selling the Air Pod Max's because the Gemini frankly just sound better. I recently sold off my Drop Panda, but the Gemini also sound better than those. They really nailed the tonality. The dynamics are excellent and there is sub bass which I don't typically hear on an IEM. They aren't neutral but neither are the Air Pods Max. And the ANC is very strong. After some initial pairing issues, mine seem to be holding up fine. They pair quickly to my phone and I am not experiencing battery drain issues.

Jan 29, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #28,777 of 62,490
I won’t be surprised if they got pulled. I’m very curious about the sq but despise glitchy products. It’s almost like some companies don’t do proper QA nowadays because if they were then Cambridge Audio and Devialet would have seen the issues with pairing and charging and whatnot.
Totally agree, no doubt they were rushed out for the holiday shopping season. As good as the hardware is, no way these are ready for the masses. Apparently new firmware for Geminis is imminent so hopefully they will at least make the move from alpha to beta. Otherwise these will forever be confined to special order for "special" people :ksc75smile:

Jan 29, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #28,778 of 62,490
Having spent more time with the Gemini, I'm not sure I could find a better sound out of ANY bluetooth headset (except my HFM Ananda BT). I prefer them to my AKG371 and my Air Pods Max. In fact, I am selling the Air Pod Max's because the Gemini frankly just sound better. I recently sold off my Drop Panda, but the Gemini also sound better than those. They really nailed the tonality. The dynamics are excellent and there is sub bass which I don't typically hear on an IEM. They aren't neutral but neither are the Air Pods Max. And the ANC is very strong. After some initial pairing issues, mine seem to be holding up fine. They pair quickly to my phone and I am not experiencing battery drain issues.
Funny, I’m having the same thoughts re: should I sell my APM and just use the Gemini. That said, I do love the soundstage and ease of use with my Apple gear that the APM provide. Sound is great too, more neutral than the Gem. Addictions suck :wink:

Jan 29, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #28,779 of 62,490
I'm watching the Klipsch T5 II ANC that might be interesting, but I have no idea when those come out.

https://www.klipsch.com/ces-2021

I just want a ANC that sounds good, has good ANC, and whose case isn't insanely large.

The feel the Sony XM1000m3 have some rather large deficencies in all three, honestly.
I read somewhere the ANC version was supposed to come out in March but upon reading this link it looks like they decided to put the Bragg OS in the T5II ANC which was slated to be in the T10. I wonder if they decided against making the T10. Bragi OS is pretty awesome. It was installed in the Bragi Dash Pro and I loved using it.

Jan 29, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #28,780 of 62,490
Funny, I’m having the same thoughts re: should I sell my APM and just use the Gemini. That said, I do love the soundstage and ease of use with my Apple gear that the APM provide. Sound is great too, more neutral than the Gem. Addictions suck :wink:
I’m selling my APM and letting the Gemini be my BT ANC set. Yeah a little more neutral but the sucked out mids on the APM bother me. I’m going with some Aeon Flow closed backs so it's not like I'm saving any money. But the Gemini makes the APM seem largely redundant for a home Bt set. The fact that the APM really can't be used for anything other than sitting still at a desk due to weight and construction limits their usefulness to me. It's a decent product but there are some questionable design choices and the price is way too high.

Jan 29, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #28,781 of 62,490
Will all the stores that sell the Gemini say sold out including the Devialet site.
Wonder if there were issues with the initial batch. Can't imagine everywhere would sell out for such an expensive product at the same time.

Jan 29, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #28,782 of 62,490
Will all the stores that sell the Gemini say sold out including the Devialet site.
Wonder if there were issues with the initial batch. Can't imagine everywhere would sell out for such an expensive product at the same time.
Sounds like perhaps they halted sales until the new FW is available. Probably a good decision as the pairing process is ridiculously complicated and unstable.

Jan 29, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #28,783 of 62,490
Sounds like perhaps they halted sales until the new FW is available. Probably a good decision as the pairing process is ridiculously complicated and unstable.
Maybe who knows. If it's only a firmware thing don't know why sales would be halted. Every company has firmware updates. Funny thing is Cambridge also having issues and halted sales. Wonder if they are both using same chip and maybe there is a design issue

Jan 29, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #28,784 of 62,490
Maybe who knows. If it's only a firmware thing don't know why sales would be halted. Every company has firmware updates. Funny thing is Cambridge also having issues and halted sales. Wonder if they are both using same chip and maybe there is a design issue
A less tech savvy friend of mine got them and had no patience with them, had to return them. I imagine there was good proportion of this and Devialet had to answer to a lot of pissed off retailers. That answer may have been to pause sales, and "sold out" is a lot easier to say than "paused for bug fixes".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back