Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 29, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #28,788 of 62,460
Mpow M30 Plus are a really good buy. I have headphones and earbuds costing hundreds and the M30s are just as good. 100 hours of battery life is also very useful.

I received them today. Actually, I didn't buy the plus, I bought the standard M30 for under £30. Wow, they're great! I genuinely wasn't expecting them to be as good as you said but they are. The case is a perfect size, only as big as an egg, nice and dinky in the hand. Synced straight away with my phone, and all the touch controls work smoothly. There's excellent detail in the sound with nice mids and treble. I fitted the largest tips in the box and while they sound good and give some punchy bass, there isn't enough depth and the highs are a bit bright for me. I decided to take my even larger white ones off my TFZ buds and fit them on the Mpow, and they have wider holes. Here's a size comparison.

20210129-180654.jpg
20210129-180713.jpg

What a massive difference tips make! Now the bass is deeper, the overall sound is fuller and warmer and the highs have been tamed. These do actually come pretty close to my ibasso buds. And they're very secure in the ears and comfortable. And they fit perfectly in the magnetic case with the larger tips and still charge up. Very happy with these. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Mpow-M30-3.jpg

Mpow-M30-1.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #28,789 of 62,460
Well, it looks like my time with the Melomania Touch has come to an end. Just sent in my RMA to return the earbuds. Even after the firmware update these were the problems I kept having:

Headphones will not pair together: Cannot factory reset left bud after right bud was factory reset, and now they will not pair together.
Issues with inconsistent bluetooth connection
Issues with volume sometimes being quiet and having put the buds back in the case, and having taking them back out of the case.
Issues with adjusting the volume, the volume starts oscillating between the two earbuds. Have to put them back in the case and take them back out.

It sucks, I really love the sound of the earbuds, but these issues kept coming back up. Partnered with the hardware issues with the case with the earbuds not sitting in them correctly, I'd rather go for another pair of earbuds that I can depend on with connecting correctly every time.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #28,790 of 62,460
So I’ve had my iPhone and AirPods Pro since mid December now and I really enjoy them. I’ve since gotten an iPad Air Gen 4 as well. I really like the iPad and AirPods Pro for movies with the spatial audio. I don’t have a home theater system anymore, and this really is pretty damn awesome. I never thought I’d be this invested in the Apple ecosystem, but I’m liking this stuff a lot. I also bought Apples overpriced Magic Keyboard for the iPad as well, but I got that for 33% off.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #28,793 of 62,460
Ouch. I literally have the Melomania Touch white ear buds and black case in my cart and came here to check and make sure current owners are still finding them to be better since the update. Are any other owners still happy with them and finding them to be mostly reliable? If so, I may still take the plunge.

Jan 29, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #28,794 of 62,460
Nothing is wrong with my pair of MT's. Connection is rock solid. The only thing you have to watch when placing them in the case, make sure the start flashing red. This is the case design flaw but it doesn't bother me much.

Jan 29, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #28,795 of 62,460
Does anyone else find the bass guitars to be lacking on Buds Pro?
What eq setting are you using? I am using "normal" and I don't find it lacking in delivering bass guitar.

One of my test song for any audio related.

Jan 29, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #28,796 of 62,460
Ouch. I literally have the Melomania Touch white ear buds and black case in my cart and came here to check and make sure current owners are still finding them to be better since the update. Are any other owners still happy with them and finding them to be mostly reliable? If so, I may still take the plunge.

It's been working well for me since the firmware update. Connection issues I used to have are solved. I really like the sound quality and am probably keeping them.

That reminds me I have to check microphone quality for couple posters here. Forgot to do it.

Jan 29, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #28,797 of 62,460
Comfort/Sound combination is absolutely fantastic. I still think pure audio quality goes to the JBL Club Pro+, however, after a few hours, the plastic does make my ears a bit sore and I need a break. I can wear both the QC and Sport earbuds all day long. That being said, I do crave the Bose sound signature to feed the beast.
Thinking about buying the JBL again. Loved the sound and were comfortable. ANC was weak but think my ear seal could have been better but sound wise they were right there with XM3 but with clearer mids.
What type would fit in them? Thinking I need something bigger than the stock large on the right.

Jan 29, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #28,798 of 62,460
So for those in the know.

My quest for the Lord of the Buds. One bud to rule them all is not going well.

Contenders that didn't hit the mark:

XM3- insecure fit,bulky, terrible for exercise.

AZ70- Insufficient low end, bulbous insecure ear fit. Bad charging case with drain issue.

75t active- harsh highs, make soundstage bass bloated.

1moreAnc- Weak volume and battery with overly dark sound no EQ.

Galaxy buds pro- Would be a keeper of I could get a fit that was not painful but 6 different tips later and it's not worth it. Top 3 in sound though not as loud as others.

On the fence:

85t- does everything will but sound while good is not class leading. Fit less secure than usual for exercise.

JBL club pro+- great sound EQ'd.( Equal or better than Sony). Had issue with the Qi charging case so returned. ANC in brief test was nearly non existent.

Still to try but mixed reviews out other issues:

AKG N400- great sound but hear the case has issues and battery life total not great. ANC average and apparently bad latency for video.

MTW2- price above ideal but would consider. No Qi charging at that price. Heard they don't get that loud. ? Comfort?

Devialet- most expensive. Buggy software. No volume control on buds.

Cambridge MT- buggy, no ANC.

So for the contenders, should I gamble on the MTW2 or Gemini?

I have until Feb 11 to return the Jabras but so far if I could just get a bit more treble detail from them they would be the champs.
Seems the chase is the real fun with this endeavor...

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #28,799 of 62,460
So I’ve had my iPhone and AirPods Pro since mid December now and I really enjoy them. I’ve since gotten an iPad Air Gen 4 as well. I really like the iPad and AirPods Pro for movies with the spatial audio. I don’t have a home theater system anymore, and this really is pretty damn awesome. I never thought I’d be this invested in the Apple ecosystem, but I’m liking this stuff a lot. I also bought Apples overpriced Magic Keyboard for the iPad as well, but I got that for 33% off.
I was the same. My kids and wife said I need to get on board with the iPhone so I did. Have a MacBook Air for work use as I grew tired of burning through windows machines. Won't likely go to a Windows PC again. AAC is ok. Sounds good with my wired Period Audio C's. A consultant I am working with on Social Media and Google promotions for my business highly recommends the Magic Mouse and Keyboard. Says, 'They're expensive but welllll worth it....' I would love to try the APM's. Didn't think the APP's were worth the tradeoff convenience for SQ. But I go back and forth and think at the new price of $199 maybe...nope, sticking with my wired IEM's and desktop setup for listening. I have my wife's Bose Soundsports for the gym and ughhhhh...nasty

Jan 29, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #28,800 of 62,460
For all the time wasted trying to find the perfect wireless bud why not just use wired? Unless, of course, the chase is the real thrill...
Well if you have read my posts you would know my main reasons for wireless is exercise, late night listening in bed convenience when traveling or out and about.

My phone no longer Congress with a hack so now I would need a single as well. And I still would want ambient sound and ANC. Not many weeks buds would work.

Trust me I don't want the chase. I was lucky with headphones. My p7w were only my second try after gaining the momentum 2. And I like the warm sound also of my M&D mw50. But having a hard time finding a bud that his all my criteria. Jabra 85t is close though the fit is not perfect and the unique tip shape makes it a bit tough to tip roll.

JBL hit the sound and comfort ANC is weak but maybe not a deal breaker given us the for best sounding I have heard.

Frankly my buds plus if they could have ANC and sound of the pros would be perfect too. The buds pro hit all my criteria but hurt my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back