Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 28, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #28,741 of 62,443
Please can i ask did the recent firmware update in the Melomania Touch improve call quality or is this issue not fixable because it’s hardware related
thanks

Would love some new information on the MT in this regard as well. I had to send mine back because they were (almost) useless for calls. Got them pretty early though. Some people complained about call quality, one person on here said it was fine. The others did not really say anything about it. If the first batch/version was fixed via updates or had mechanical issues that were fixed I'd like to give them another try.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #28,742 of 62,443
Please can i ask did the recent firmware update in the Melomania Touch improve call quality or is this issue not fixable because it’s hardware related
thanks
Would love some new information on the MT in this regard as well. I had to send mine back because they were (almost) useless for calls. Got them pretty early though. Some people complained about call quality, one person on here said it was fine. The others did not really say anything about it. If the first batch/version was fixed via updates or had mechanical issues that were fixed I'd like to give them another try.

I will test it tomorrow by calling couple people with it.

Jan 28, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #28,743 of 62,443
Noble-Falcon-Pro-7.jpg

The Falcon Pro replaces the original Falcon on our recommended buy list. Please contact @Virtu Fortuna if you have any questions.
https://www.headfonia.com/noble-falcon-pro-review/

Jan 28, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #28,744 of 62,443
Ok, I’m jumping onto the wagon as well.

Been hearing to Nuarl N6 Mini this couple of days, first hour of listening I feel the sound is very congested (well I’m a wired person), details is there especially on the mids, but man the sound is (I wouldn’t say awful) being layered by something, my brain is trying hard to keep up with the sound coming out of the 6 mini. Second hour of listening, I tried to EQ’d it (boost the trebles a bit), and all of the sudden the sounds changed pretty significantly, it opens up a lot while keeping those details intact (in the mids and the bass), separation is good as well the soundstage. I’m happy with the n6 mini, now I can enjoy music outside without worrying about wires, even though it’s not as good as my wired ones.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #28,745 of 62,443
Master & Dynamic MW07 go in Lime Green

*Edited after feedback from M&D*

I love these but they are flawed and perhaps questions about build quality (see below)
DSC_0066.JPG

These ear buds come with a range of different colours, with multiple tip size and wings included in the box to ensure a comfortable and secure fit. I use either the small or XS tips with the small wing on one ear and the medium on the other. Large really are huge !

So they are water resistant and marketed as gym / active wear . I find they are great for excluding the rubbish music at the gym, or background noises like traffic if I'm on a run.

The sound quality is quite decent , and presents as slightly mid bass focussed to my ears . Great for the kind of get up and go tracks on my workout playlists.
Battery life is HUGE , reminds me of those Nokia 3210 memes....

Reliability? Ugh... mine broke within a few weeks . The left one suddenly was verrrryyyy low in volume compared to the right one, regardless of resets, gentle cleaning etc.

Master & Dynamic were great though and sent me a new pair via their returns channel.

However much I'd love to say there are no issues on the replacement set, unfortunately I can't. The 2nd pair started showing misbalance again on both tone and volume . However after a gentle clean with a cotton bud and a tiny drop of hydroxide, and crucially leaving them alone deactivated for a good 12 hours, I came back and they were back to sounding normal.

What puzzles me was they were spotlessly clean before this issue popped up, so I have no idea what's causing this - I'm just happy the issue has cleared itself up by me literally doing nothing. I hope it's not recurring or indicative of quality issues , but remembering my first pair , that seed of doubt in my mind will always be there.

anyhow, Why did I choose these ?
The colour , the decent reviews of the standard MW07 , and the fact I dont want to overpay at the temple of apple.

I think these give a streak of individuality and great sound at the price. They are always a talking point. Even the box is cool with its tech-fabric feel and bright indicator LEDs , with the magnetic closure keeping your goodies safe.

Any cons?
Matching that lime green (or other colour you choose) to this season's gym wear is tricky, you might suddenly find your MW07's out of fashion for a few seasons , so you won't be able to colour co-ordinator as effortlessly as you like.

Fashion aside,
Call quality is meh. I'd prefer to take them out and speak in my phone like a normal person tbh. The caller will also not that your voice seems quiet.

Pairing to one device is simple but then trying to pair to something else, or do a reset , becomes a mission of random feeling button presses, holds, and swearing as the little white LEDs rotate through their various disco modes lol. They aren't a great user experience if you want to muck about with them.

The ear fitting, as I've mentioned above, seems entirely dependent on getting the right combo of tips and wings , so trial and error.
I definitely see some people would always end up with one either never 'screwing' in to their conch for the wings to grip, or the ear tip itself just being the wrong angle/depth when the wing is perfect.
If it's in, it's perfect. Just don't expect to get there withing 2 seconds.

Again these are minor points and dont spoil the party once you've got it dialled in. They give joy.

So overall would I but these again?
I'm not sure. Reliability issues aside , they are great but they are niche.
They do the job I want them to (gym+run, full wireless) and to that end I KNOW I'm compromised right from the get-go. So as far as compromises go, they really are fab.

But maybe I'd be tempted to buy something less 'single use-case scenario' , and enjoy all the usability on offer from other products on the market.
DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #28,746 of 62,443
Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #28,747 of 62,443
I've been going back and forth with UE Fits and geminis. sold my az70w already.

really like the geminis if I didn't heard the UE fits. for vocals and highs ue fits will give a bit more detail and extension bass is is more on quality but lacking to me. overall sound is immersive and very close to a custom iem.

Geminis for me is the all rounder, highs roll off obviously when listening next to ue fit, vocals are detailed, natural and ok but not as full bodied like the ue fit. bass is satisfying, a little loose. it's more on the sub region than mid bass so there's more on impact/rumble than slam. the overall sound is distant. while on the ue fit, feels you are with the band, the geminis feel you in a concert hall seated in the middle or a couple more rows back.
I think your orchestra positioning anology is spot-on with the Geminis.
There are a couple of things I think they do particularly well and am wondering how they compared to the UEs. One is how they render bow string sounds and other orchestral timbres, I think the detail is pretty great. But what impresses me most is when listening loud, songs have dynamics that kick in and get complex, on all other earphones I usually have to turn it down because it gets overwhelming, but on the Geminis I don't. I'm not sure if that's technically what you call distortion, but IMO it's what separates the great from the merely good, and I'm wondering how the UEs compare.

Jan 28, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #28,748 of 62,443
So for those in the know.

My quest for the Lord of the Buds. One bud to rule them all is not going well.

Contenders that didn't hit the mark:

XM3- insecure fit,bulky, terrible for exercise.

AZ70- Insufficient low end, bulbous insecure ear fit. Bad charging case with drain issue.

75t active- harsh highs, make soundstage bass bloated.

1moreAnc- Weak volume and battery with overly dark sound no EQ.

Galaxy buds pro- Would be a keeper of I could get a fit that was not painful but 6 different tips later and it's not worth it. Top 3 in sound though not as loud as others.

On the fence:

85t- does everything will but sound while good is not class leading. Fit less secure than usual for exercise.

JBL club pro+- great sound EQ'd.( Equal or better than Sony). Had issue with the Qi charging case so returned. ANC in brief test was nearly non existent.

Still to try but mixed reviews out other issues:

AKG N400- great sound but hear the case has issues and battery life total not great. ANC average and apparently bad latency for video.

MTW2- price above ideal but would consider. No Qi charging at that price. Heard they don't get that loud. ? Comfort?

Devialet- most expensive. Buggy software. No volume control on buds.

Cambridge MT- buggy, no ANC.

So for the contenders, should I gamble on the MTW2 or Gemini?

I have until Feb 11 to return the Jabras but so far if I could just get a bit more treble detail from them they would be the champs.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #28,749 of 62,443

AZ70- Insufficient low end, bulbous insecure ear fit. Bad charging case with drain issue.

Galaxy buds pro- Would be a keeper of I could get a fit that was not painful but 6 different tips later and it's not worth it. Top 3 in sound though not as loud as others.

On the fence:

85t- does everything will but sound while good is not class leading. Fit less secure than usual for exercise.

JBL club pro+- great sound EQ'd.( Equal or better than Sony). Had issue with the Qi charging case so returned. ANC in brief test was nearly non existent.

AKG N400- great sound but hear the case has issues and battery life total not great. ANC average and apparently bad latency for video.

MTW2- price above ideal but would consider. No Qi charging at that price. Heard they don't get that loud. ? Comfort?

I have until Feb 11 to return the Jabras but so far if I could just get a bit more yellow detail from them they would be the champs.
I've been watching your search for the perfect earphones with some amusement (because I go through the same thing, constantly). The perfect earphone (like the perfect apartment) always seems to be just around the corner or just out of reach. If they get the sound right, the fit is off -- if they get the sound and the fit, the ANC is disappointing. On and on. My advice, at the moment, is to get the Soundcore Life A2 NC (a/k/a the Soundcore Life Dot 2 NC, which is the same earphone with only cosmetic differences). They may not sound quite as good as the Jabra 85t, but they cost less than 1/2 as much. They tick all the boxes for me.

Jan 28, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #28,750 of 62,443
I've been watching your search for the perfect earphones with some amusement (because I go through the same thing, constantly). The perfect earphone (like the perfect apartment) always seems to be just around the corner or just out of reach. If they get the sound right, the fit is off -- if they get the sound and the fit, the ANC is disappointing. On and on. My advice, at the moment, is to get the Soundcore Life A2 NC (a/k/a the Soundcore Life Dot 2 NC, which is the same earphone with only cosmetic differences). They may not sound quite as good as the Jabra 85t, but they cost less than 1/2 as much. They tick all the boxes for me.
Well I was lucky and got Jabras on sale were 216$Canadian or about 165$US. Think they offer the best value factoring sound comfort ANC....
Just having heard the XM3 and the JBL I prefer their sound a bit more. I would gladly pay more of I could get the bud with the features of the 85t. Comfort of the buds+. Sound of the XM3 or JBL. Can't figure out why the Lord of the Buds is harder to obtain.

At this point for a budget model I did order the Fiil t1pro which should arrive in 10di believe. At the 60$ USD price they check many boxes and would at least be a good workout bids given the light weight ear wind and ipx5.

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #28,752 of 62,443
It's way too early to search for the perfect TWS, there's still too many fundamental flaws with the current Bluetooth technology.

Even tho most of the issues will get fixed when we finally get earbuds with Bluetooth LE.

Jan 28, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #28,753 of 62,443
Master & Dynamic MW07 go in Lime Green

I love these but they are flawed and perhaps unreliable - I've got questions about build quality (see below)

These ear buds come with a range of different colours, with multiple tip size and wings included in the box to ensure a comfortable and secure fit. I use either the small or XS tips with the small wing on one ear and the medium on the other. Large really are huge !

So they are water resistant and marketed as gym / active wear . I find they are great for excluding the rubbish music at the gym, or background noises like traffic if I'm on a run.

The sound quality is quite decent , and presents as slightly mid bass focussed to my ears . Great for the kind of get up and go tracks on my workout playlists.
Battery life is HUGE , reminds me of those Nokia 3210 memes....

Reliability? Ugh... mine broke within two weeks . The left one suddenly was verrrryyyy low in volume compared to the right one, regardless of resets, gentle cleaning etc.

Master & Dynamic were great though and sent me a new pair via their returns channel.

However much I'd love to say there are no issues on the replacement set, unfortunately I can't. The 2nd pair are misbalanced again on both tone and volume . Left side are again noticeably quieter with a much more prominent lower mid and bass. The right side is louder and also a lot more treble and high mid. They are spotlessly clean so I have no idea what's causing this.

Why did I choose these ?
The colour , the decent reviews of the standard MW07 , and the fact I dont want to overpay at the temple of apple.

I think these give a streak of individuality and great sound at the price. They are always a talking point. Even the box is cool with its tech-fabric feel and bright indicator LEDs , with the magnetic closure keeping your goodies safe.

However, the cons.
Matching that lime green (or other colour you choose) to this season's gym wear is tricky, you might suddenly find your MW07's out of fashion for a few seasons , so you won't be able to colour co-ordinator as effortlessly as you like.

Fashion aside,
Call quality is meh. I'd prefer to take them out and speak in my phone like a normal person tbh. The caller will also not that your voice seems quiet.

Pairing to one device is simple but then trying to pair to something else, or do a reset , becomes a mission of random feeling button presses, holds, and swearing as the little white LEDs rotate through their various disco modes lol. They aren't a great user experience if you want to muck about with them.

The ear fitting, as I've mentioned above, seems entirely dependent on getting the right combo of tips and wings , so trial and error.
I definitely see some people would always end up with one either never 'screwing' in to their conch for the wings to grip, or the ear tip itself just being the wrong angle/depth when the wing is perfect.

Again these are minor points and dont spoil the party once you've got it dialled in. They give joy.

So overall would I but these again?
I'm not sure. Reliability issues aside , they are great but they are niche.
They do the job I want them to (gym+run, full wireless) and to that end I KNOW I'm compromised right from the get-go. So as far as compromises go, they really are fab.

But maybe I'd be tempted to buy something less 'single use-case scenario' , more reliable , and enjoy all the usability on offer from other products on the market.

I use Spinfits with mine (believe they are the CP100z) which I found to be an improvement over stock tips.

I initially had a battery charging issue on my first set of MW07 Go (black) which I returned after buying them in October 2019. I bought them again after waiting a month (in Dec 2019) and have been using them now for over a year and haven't had any driver imbalance issues. Must be an issue with more recent production.

I agree with you thatcall quality is horrible and, in my opinion, unusable on the MW07 Go, especially if you are outdoors in a noisy or windy environment.

The current prices are great though...I paid $200 + tax for mine...

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #28,754 of 62,443

On the fence:

I have until Feb 11 to return the Jabras but so far if I could just get a bit more treble detail from them they would be the champs.
If you're willing to live with the gremlins and can buy with a return policy and you are risk taker, the Gemini is more satisfying sound wise. That said the MTW2 is no slouch either and they are solid although I will warn that the ANC on them is pretty weak. And by "pretty weak" I really mean "nonexistent".

Jan 28, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #28,755 of 62,443
On another note regarding ANC.
Tried an experiment. Sat in my den home theater and fired up a YouTube video of airplane noise at cruising altitude and noisy coffee shop. Tested the Jabra and Samsung.
Both did very well and truthfully for both those environments there was no clear winner. The plane noise was effectively gone. Cafe noise only a bit of the highest frequency could be heard. And this was with no .usic playing just the ANC on highest setting for both. So with music would easily not hear anything!

I do miss having all the controls on the buds pro as I could on the buds plus. But the lab feature is not available to do so. As such I gave up voice assistant and ambient/ANC.

Reason being and this is a tip for Samsung users. Handsfree Bixby can turn on and off ANCand ambient mode. And if I talk to someone the ambient recognition when talking works well provided I don't talk or sing to myself.

So if any other galaxy buds pro users are out there I want to hear from you regarding tip selection and opinion on sound.

Those who feel the highs are too tinny or sharp or that bass isn't great, I suspect are using tips not making a great seal which also affects ANC.
Only had the Pro for a day and using the largest tips and bass boost I find quite good sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back