Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 27, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #28,726 of 62,138
I had the ibasso it01 before it was stolen. :frowning2:

I keep coming back to TWS earphones every 3 or 4 months only to find that, despite the gap getting narrower, they don't compete with wired iems at all. I just got the penon fan in. I'm convinced that no TWS is even close to the sound quality of the Fan. But TWS fans (pun intended) value mobility and freedom from wires, so I recognize in that use case wired IEMs are not a fit for many of us in this thread.

Well, I've got some TWS coming in a couple of days. Mpow m30. They were recommended by someone on here who said they sound as good as much more expensive buds he has. However, they've got 6mm drivers and cost £28, and my IT01 have 10mm and cost 3x times as much at the time, so I'm not holding my breath for particularly enjoyable sound but we'll see. Sorry to hear about your stolen ibasso!

Jan 27, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #28,727 of 62,138
If I may ask why own both them and the Jabra? Currently have 85t and they seem like the best compromise earbud for comfort sound and feature. But having heard the detail in the treble on the new Samsung and the XM3 I am wanting better sound without compromising much.

Options at a cost are the MTW2 or the Geminis.
The JBL sound great too bit ANC was basically nonexistent and think they don't work with my wireless charger.
I agree that the 85t is the best all-around. I just love the sound of the Gemini. They are not as comfortable but not bad.
I’m really hoping they can fix the issues with a firmware update.
Walking around the house, cooking etc. I use the 85t. I can wear them for hours.
late at night cleaning listening to music I use the Geminis. I’m more relaxed and can appreciate the sound.

Jan 27, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #28,728 of 62,138
I'd say they're 90-95% baked. The ANC is awesome and the sound is phenomenal. The soundstage and the bass drum hits with the Dynamic setting blows my head off. That said, I listen to some heavy stuff. I've had so many of the high end TWE that these have really amazed me. No idea how they made them sound so good. I rarely get any disconnects. If any at all. Touch sensor works great for me. Wish they had volume controls on them but not a big deal. All just my opinion. If you can take them for a test drive from a store with a great return policy, I highly recommend. Amazon all the way for me.

IIRC main complain is that they often don’t connect when you take them out of the case.
Keeping an eye on it to see if they fix it.

Jan 27, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #28,730 of 62,138
I've been going back and forth with UE Fits and geminis. sold my az70w already.

really like the geminis if I didn't heard the UE fits. for vocals and highs ue fits will give a bit more detail and extension bass is is more on quality but lacking to me. overall sound is immersive and very close to a custom iem.

Geminis for me is the all rounder, highs roll off obviously when listening next to ue fit, vocals are detailed, natural and ok but not as full bodied like the ue fit. bass is satisfying, a little loose. it's more on the sub region than mid bass so there's more on impact/rumble than slam. the overall sound is distant. while on the ue fit, feels you are with the band, the geminis feel you in a concert hall seated in the middle or a couple more rows back.

Jan 27, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #28,731 of 62,138
It would be nice if someone could compare the UE Fits and Melomania Touch (or even the Sony wf-1000xm3 which have similar sound to the Touch)

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 11:36 PM Post #28,732 of 62,138
The Devialet Gemini? Amazon US. You can also get them off Devialet's website. Few app bugs but nothing that makes me return them. The sound is sick. Switched the stock tips to some Spinfits I had. The stock tips were making noise when going for walks outside.
Compared to the akgn400 or other buds you have how would you rate would comfort ANC....

Jan 27, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #28,733 of 62,138
Compared to the akgn400 or other buds you have how would you rate would comfort ANC....
For me, I like the fit better than the AKG. The ANC is much better than the AKG. No contest.

Jan 27, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #28,734 of 62,138
IIRC main complain is that they often don’t connect when you take them out of the case.
Keeping an eye on it to see if they fix it.
Mine connect no problem when I take them out of the case. Using an iPhone 12 Mini. Working from home these days so all I do is use headphones.

Jan 28, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #28,737 of 62,138
For other people with the Melomania Touch, do you hear background white noise/whooshing when you turn on transparency mode? There is a slight hiss whenever they are on and connected, but it is much more pronounced when I turn on transparency mode.

Yes I do hear the whooshing sound in transparency mode almost like a wave moving through. It's a constant occurrence for me. I reported it to Cambridge Audio couple weeks back but dunno if they looked into it. I might ask them again, but I hate bugging over and over again lol. You should email them too (support@cambridgeaudio.com) - perhaps if more complain, they might do something in future update or something.

Jan 28, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #28,738 of 62,138
Yes I do hear the whooshing sound in transparency mode almost like a wave moving through. It's a constant occurrence for me. I reported it to Cambridge Audio couple weeks back but dunno if they looked into it. I might ask them again, but I hate bugging over and over again lol. You should email them too (support@cambridgeaudio.com) - perhaps if more complain, they might do something in future update or something.

Alright, I'll try using it for a few days, but it's probably not a dealbreaker for me since the music usually drowns it out and I'm a fan of the fit and the sound. At least the transparency mode works, unlike my last pair which only made white noise without changing the outside noise.

Jan 28, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #28,740 of 62,138
Got my galaxy buds pro mid-day yesterday. Sound is fine. I expected nothing, but they actually surprised me. I've moved to the dynamic eq as I found the default eq to drown the mids. Dynamic seems to be the most balanced. Voice activated ambient is an absolute lifesaver in the office though. I don't have to rush to get my adv tips out of my ears anymore. Buds charge enough to get through the second half of my day while on my lunch break as they're in the case. Obviously won't replace my FDX1 anytime soon. The sound is fine for what I wanted (Some music and anc to drown out office noise), but definitely not where I would want them to be to replace my primary iem (and based upon everything else I've listened to so far, we're just not there with tws yet). I definitely like the fit and sound above the airpods pro from the couple of weeks that I tested them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back