Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 7, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #28,171 of 62,069
Well I was in same boat but for fun I tried stretching my older Comply SmartCore Audio Pro tips I had lying around on the right tip which was too small so poor fit and seal and wow it took a bit of finesse but went in and is snug. Fit is great and I am really enjoying the sound after EQing the bass down a bit and treble up.
Sounds like a slightly warmer more Bass version of the Technics and not too different from the XM3. They are airier and better soundstage and spacious feeling compared to the 75t.

One thing I like about Jabra is their app support, firmware updates and reliability.
I have an old pair of Jabra Elite Sport with the heart rate monitor and sports app and they are going strong for 3 years, both battery and case are still perfectly fine and while technology has moved on in terms of sq they are still great as a daily driver when I don’t mind sacrificing sq for ease of use and reliability.

Jan 7, 2021 at 1:07 AM Post #28,172 of 62,069
The ghosts of PSB M4U TW1 that sounded amazing but boy pairing them and tech sucked.

It gets worse when you get a new phone and need to re-pair them. I had to try like 3 times to factory reset the left and right M4U TW1. Though I will say that even limited to SBC, the sound signature itself wasn't half bad.

Jan 7, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #28,173 of 62,069
In which sense are you finding the the Fit better than the AZ70 sonically speaking? Curious in how the 2 IEMs differ.

having owned UE's flagship custom/universal, UE Fits sound are very similar and close to UE 18+ pro (2nd gen).
I only prefer it over az70 if i'm looking more on sound quality than casual listening.

the UE fits has bigger and spaced out soundstage while also giving me more resolution. like the 18+ pro it sounds more accurate, fuller, focused or having a monitorish sound. There is more instrument separation, layering and extension on both ends. It hits harder on the sub region and highs extend more maybe past 10kHz.

its tonality is leaning towards warmth without sacrificing clarity having a spike somewhere 8-10kHz.
the az70 is mid forward having more presence at maybe 630hz and up.

Jan 7, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #28,174 of 62,069
Thanks @soullinker20 I used to own the UE900 and liked it alot aside from the darn MMCX connectors. I may consider the UE Fits if my budget changes some day.

Jan 7, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #28,175 of 62,069
This is a huge thread and interesting topic as the genre of TWS in ear buds develop. I've been on a quest myself recently and I'm looking forward to contributing my experiences on here.

However on this post, I'm posting to reach out/call out any other fellow Earfun Air Pro owners out there. I recently got a pair and though I may have some things to say about it's performance later on, I found that they are extremely frustrating as they always open up the music player and begin to play music each and every time they connect to a device, I have tried this on an iphone, android, and even a blackberry and it does the same for all devices.

With my Earfun Air Pro's, as soon as the Earfun Air Pro's are paired(even on the first initial connection/setup) it immediately and automatically opens up the music player app(default music app for ios, vlc-my default for android, and default music app for blackberry) and begins to play music. In addition, after I stop the music and even close the music player, if I remove one or both of the earbuds momentarily from my ear and stick them back in my ear, the music app will re-open and begin to play music again. I could be on my home screen, or web browsing and it still does this, very annoying, very frustrating.

I'm not sure if my Earfun Air Pro's are defective, or if they sent out a batch with this glitch(I saw that one other recent reviewer on Amazon mentions this), or if this is normal. I understand that the Earfun Air Pro's are supposed to pause/resume music when taken off and put back on while listening to music.. however my issue is that it will do this even if I wasn't listening to music... and in addition, as soon as the Earfun Air Pro pair to my device it opens up the music app and begins to play music and I have to stop it.

I've tried numerous things, like resetting the connection(forgetting the device, etc.), double tapped the reset button, long hold (3+ second) reset, I also tried disabling music app notifications, and of course I've closed the music app altogether, and none of these things worked, the Earfun Air Pro still exhibit the same behavior and proceed to open the music app and plays music once connected.

I hope what I described made sense, apologies for sounding redundant as I was trying to be concise. Essentially my Earfun Air Pro's always launches the music app and begins to plays music, every time, all the time from the first connection to each subsequent temporary removal of the earbud.

Hi, I have a very similar problem with my Mifo o7. Sine a few weeks, they always start the apple music player on my iphone 11 pro. this is very annoying and it wasn't like this before. I was able to take them out, touble tap on the tws to play and it started the latest source - for me youtube music. This is not possible anymore as it always opens the apple music player :frowning2:

Howerver, this is not happening on my sony xperia xz1...

I thought it is something that changed in iOS, as I only have this behavior with my iphone...

Btw: I bought the mifos after some good reviews here and connectivity and soundwise i'm quite happy - if I have a good seal. And they are quite compact...I would never wear these frankenstein-screws some others prefer. But nobodys talking about them anymore... are the alternatives so much better?

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #28,176 of 62,069
Lypertek Levi. Comes with double flange tips, been a long time since I've seen double flange tips.

qCoxlwL.jpg

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #28,177 of 62,069
I hope Sony answers with their new buds of similar style to replace the old Xperia Duo otherwise there is nothing else that is open and doesn't go in the ear. The old Sony still does go in the ear like a donut and could use updating on that design.
1609973588845.png

New Earin is up... https://earin.com/product/earin-a-3/?attribute_pa_color=silver
"Smallest and lightest in the world"
1609973763526.png
1609974026327.png

A newer non-isolating Sony TWS would be neat.

I'm interested in these new Earins though. Look like they may compete with the buds live.

Jan 7, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #28,179 of 62,069
Found more info on the new Earin A-3 on their site. Says they've got APT-X LL but it may actually be HD or adaptive as the qcc5121 doesn't list LL on Qualcomms website.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/qcc5121

https://support.earin.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016779660-Technical-Specifications
AudioSpeakerCustomised 14.3mm Dynamic Driver / Impedence 32Ω at 1kHz
FittingOpen Design In-ear True wireless earphone faciliates natural ambient sound awareness
Noise ReductionPassive Noise and Wind Noise reduction algorithms
Audio CodecSBC, AAC, AptX, AptX low latency
Frequency Response20Hz - 20KHz
Microphone4 Microphones (2 Knowles Microphones + 2 Voice pick up units)
Audio SharingShare and listen to music with your friend in MONO mode
BatteryPlaytimeMusic and calls: up to 5 hours
Power Management
Auto Sleep after the earphones being taken out from the ears or the charging case for 5 minutes
ChargingEarphones fully charge in 1.5 hours with the charging case
Up to 30 hours earphones with the charging case
Charging case fully charged in 3 hours with a USB-C cable
ConnectivityBluetoothBluetooth 5.0 supports TWS+ technology
Qualcomm QCC5121 MCU
Operating Distance up to 25 metres (depends on the environment)
Profile supported: HFP, A2DP, AVRCP, RFCOMM, SDP, L2CAP
Dimensions and WeightEarphone (each)20mm x 17mm x 15.8mm
3.5g / 0.12oz
Capsule58.5mm x 47.2mm x 21.2mm
50g / 1.76oz
Smart SensorsTouch SensorsEarbuds control
AccelerometersControl music and calls
EARIN patented left and right earphones detection
Proximity SensorsIn ear detection
Hall SensorsCharging case detection
EnvironmentIP ratingIP52. Sweat, splash and dust resistant
Operational Temperature0-40 °C
Housing MaterialsEarphones - PC plastic / Charging case - Aluminium
In the boxTwo Earphones
Charging case
USB-C Cable - 40 cm
User Manual
Support Card

Jan 7, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #28,180 of 62,069
Is it just me or did CA actually pull the Melomania Tocuh from Amazon? I checked both Amazon.de and co.uk.

I also cancelled my order until they fix the connection issues, hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Jan 7, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #28,181 of 62,069
Is it just me or did CA actually pull the Melomania Tocuh from Amazon? I checked both Amazon.de and co.uk.

I also cancelled my order until they fix the connection issues, hopefully they'll fix it soon.

What, they are still there... https://www.amazon.com/Vodo-Bluetoo...sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-3&tag=mozilla-20
Just kidding!

After the Gamesky review they probably said let's update them and get them sorted so they work out of the box. Do think he is right when you see the yellow warning paper when you take the case out it is obvious they rolled them out with the bugs not all worked out.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #28,182 of 62,069
What, they are still there... https://www.amazon.com/Vodo-Bluetoo...sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-3&tag=mozilla-20
Just kidding!

After the Gamesky review they probably said let's update them and get them sorted so they work out of the box. Do think he is right when you see the yellow warning paper when you take the case out it is obvious they rolled them out with the bugs not all worked out.

Yea, you don't want a Sennheiser MTW Gen 1 on your company resume... Even tho that battery drain issue was way worse compared to the connection issue with CA Touch.

I just don't understand why a company would release a product with such a deal breaking bug, sure if its a minor issue that's easily solved by a firmware update I can understand.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #28,183 of 62,069
Yea, you don't want a Sennheiser MTW Gen 1 on your company resume... Even tho that battery drain issue was way worse compared to the connection issue with CA Touch.

I just don't understand why a company would release a product with such a deal breaking bug, sure if its a minor issue that's easily solved by a firmware update I can understand.

I can see them wanting to get them out and selling before CES announces a bunch of new stuff people might want to try esp. since the Touch have few features. Same with my Victor. SQ, good mics, small size, but ambient is the only feature. You buy cause Cambridge or Victor studio made them sound good but not a lot of bells and whistles.

Also reading up on new 1More stuff and found this 1 tidbit at the end of a Comfobud Plus article...

"If you're in the market for pro-level in-ear headphones that feature Bluetooth LE multi-point connectivity, hold out for the ColorBuds Pro. You'll be able to connect and seamlessly switch audio between two different devices, allowing you to watch a video or join a video chat, yet be ready to take a phone call anytime without having to re-pair your earphones.

The ColorBuds Pro will be available later this quarter for $149."

Think they are really meaning LE multi-stream which is what the new multi-point will be called.

Have to laugh. Forget which site it was talking about the BOSE Sport "Open" Buds and saying there "is no info on ANC capability yet" :)

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #28,184 of 62,069
Anyone else got issues with melomania touch sitting in the case? My right bud doesn't seem to seat properly when put in the case, as such it needs me to push it down before closing the case. I've had issues getting them paired as well. I think i will be returning them

Jan 7, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #28,185 of 62,069
Anyone else got issues with melomania touch sitting in the case? My right bud doesn't seem to seat properly when put in the case, as such it needs me to push it down before closing the case. I've had issues getting them paired as well. I think i will be returning them

Are you using the large fins? Make sure the fins are locked into place correctly, you can actually feel the fins locking when rotating them on the earpiece. I'm currently using both the large fins and large earpieces, and haven't had any issues with them fitting into the case.

As for the pairing...I think there's an issue with a delay with the earbuds turning back on correctly when opening the case. If I open the case, and let the earbuds flash red then the LED's turn off, then take take the earbuds out, I've had a much better time connecting both the earbuds with my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back