Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 7, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #28,186 of 62,419
Hey guys,

So I have a good news bad news situation over here and I’m looking for some advice.

The bad news is that I have misplaced my Bose noise canceling buds and I haven’t been able to find them for a few days

Good thing is that it gives me an excuse to buy a new pair of true wireless :)

Since I might end up finding the Bose, I want to go with something different. My needs are:

1) great ANC,
2) superior sound.

I love my NUARL N6P, JH Lola, and my missing Bose. I don’t like the Sony XM3 at all and I’m lukewarm on my Jabra 65’s

I dig classical and opera, female vocals (Norah...), electronic, guitar, jazz, blues. No hip hop

I’d love some advice. Budget is unlimited. Thanks a lot!

Jan 7, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #28,187 of 62,419
Thank you. How about volume? Once paired volume is low, when i turn it up, it only increases the right bud!

Are you using the large fins? Make sure the fins are locked into place correctly, you can actually feel the fins locking when rotating them on the earpiece. I'm currently using both the large fins and large earpieces, and haven't had any issues with them fitting into the case.

As for the pairing...I think there's an issue with a delay with the earbuds turning back on correctly when opening the case. If I open the case, and let the earbuds flash red then the LED's turn off, then take take the earbuds out, I've had a much better time connecting both the earbuds with my phone.

Jan 7, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #28,188 of 62,419
What, they are still there... https://www.amazon.com/Vodo-Bluetoo...sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-3&tag=mozilla-20
Just kidding!

After the Gamesky review they probably said let's update them and get them sorted so they work out of the box. Do think he is right when you see the yellow warning paper when you take the case out it is obvious they rolled them out with the bugs not all worked out.

Getting them pulled off Amazon is a bad sign. I didn't try them yet - been busy watching the craziness unfold yesterday on tv much of the day. That was a crazy day yesterday here in America. I didn't want to go through potential melomania hassle yesterday, but today I will definitely try them out in the evening. I still hope to see firmware updates soon in next few days so I can guage whether to keep them or return.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #28,189 of 62,419
Hey guys,

So I have a good news bad news situation over here and I’m looking for some advice.

The bad news is that I have misplaced my Bose noise canceling buds and I haven’t been able to find them for a few days

Since I might end up finding the Bose, I want to go with something different. My needs are:

1) great ANC,
2) superior sound.

I love my NUARL N6P, JH Lola, and my missing Bose. I don’t like the Sony XM3 at all and I’m lukewarm on my Jabra 65’s

I dig classical and opera, female vocals (Norah...), electronic, guitar, jazz, blues. No hip hop

I think you might like the AZ70, it depends if one of the reasons you don't like some of the headphones mentioned is because you find they have to much bass or not enough treble.

Jan 7, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #28,191 of 62,419
I think you might like the AZ70, it depends if one of the reasons you don't like some of the headphones mentioned is because you find they have to much bass or not enough treble.
Wow those look great. I neglected to mentioned that I use TWS with iPhone 12 Pro Max via AAC and these look like they have it

The Sony XM3’s always sounded muffled and I spent hours fiddling with the EQ settings and nothing helped

the N6P’s just immediately sounded great when I stuck them in my ears, same with the Bose

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #28,194 of 62,419
I’d love to get the NUARL N10 Pro but I’ll be damned if I can find anywhere that sells them in USA
Could have had them. :) I have two Japan JVC TWS, my AZLA is Korean. People buy quite a bit from China and you don't get warranty but just go for it. They are $186 right now before shipping which is better than they are gonna be when they show up here.

Amazon could be of some help. I am still not sure exactly how much as I didn't concern myself too much. I wanted the Victor and I got them.

If your in the US and get the $600 payment why not use some for yourself if you can.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #28,195 of 62,419
Hey guys,

1) great ANC,
2) superior sound.

Not to be a sheep, but consider the Airpods Pro? Crinacle rated them decently. I have them and they are really convenient if you use apple devices. It's a generally inoffensive, neutral-ish signature. Extension on both ends won't impress you if you've had a good pair of wired IEMs, but still not too bad.

Otherwise, with ANC, potentially the XM3 is the only other real option? Unless you're willing to forgo ANC and go for the Galaxy buds 2

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #28,196 of 62,419
I am having a janky connection experience with the Melomania Touch. Very disappointing. Had them out with me today abd it took 4-5 reseatings to get both buds delivering sound. But such great sound! Not ready to return them quite yet, but if they can’t fix them via firmware, I won’t have much choice. I mean CA is a top shelf operation, didn’t they test their new buds?

glad I have a pair of Status Audio BT phones on the way via Indiegogo!

Jan 7, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #28,197 of 62,419
I am having a janky connection experience with the Melomania Touch. Very disappointing. Had them out with me today abd it took 4-5 reseatings to get both buds delivering sound. But such great sound! Not ready to return them quite yet, but if they can’t fix them via firmware, I won’t have much choice. I mean CA is a top shelf operation, didn’t they test their new buds?

glad I have a pair of Status Audio BT phones on the way via Indiegogo!

They knew. Just like I saw in the Gamesky video you don't put a yellow paper or sticker under the case explaining how to reset them unless some people are gonna need to reset them. :) Gamesky said after the update they were fine so it is probably already fixed or damn close. I'm sure those who buy after they reappear will get fine out of the box units.

Jan 7, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #28,198 of 62,419
Could have had them. :) I have two Japan JVC TWS, my AZLA is Korean. People buy quite a bit from China and you don't get warranty but just go for it. They are $186 right now before shipping which is better than they are gonna be when they show up here.

Amazon could be of some help. I am still not sure exactly how much as I didn't concern myself too much. I wanted the Victor and I got them.

If your in the US and get the $600 payment why not use some for yourself if you can.
You‘ve tried the N10? To me, N6P sound + ANC would be a match made in heaven.

Jan 7, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #28,199 of 62,419
Not to be a sheep, but consider the Airpods Pro? Crinacle rated them decently. I have them and they are really convenient if you use apple devices. It's a generally inoffensive, neutral-ish signature. Extension on both ends won't impress you if you've had a good pair of wired IEMs, but still not too bad.

Otherwise, with ANC, potentially the XM3 is the only other real option? Unless you're willing to forgo ANC and go for the Galaxy buds 2
Thanks for the great ideas. I have The XM3‘s and i‘m apparently the only person on the planet who hates the sound. they sit in a drawer...

yeah I should try the Airpods. I think they look stupid with those sticks and don’t look very comfortable but To be fair I haven’t given them a listen

ANC is a must for me. Little baby at home and I fly a lot

Jan 7, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #28,200 of 62,419
Thanks for the great ideas. I have The XM3‘s and i‘m apparently the only person on the planet who hates the sound. they sit in a drawer...

yeah I should try the Airpods. I think they look stupid with those sticks and don’t look very comfortable but To be fair I haven’t given them a listen

ANC is a must for me. Little baby at home and I fly a lot

Get the AirPods Pros, not the regular AirPods, if you go this route. You can actually demo them at an Apple Store (whenever COVID ends), though most stores have a 14 day return period :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back