Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 15, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #27,721 of 62,422
Problem with ChiFi and especially with TWS is that the majority is just garbage in terms of sound quality and connectivity. Rebranding all over the place, no support etc. so many people are more comfortable purchasing a known commodity even if it’s a little more expensive expensive.
Many ChiFi products feel like it’s a classic attempt to throw it against the wall to see what sticks.

Some classic examples are KZ and TaoTronics.

KZ are hit and miss in the IEM arena anyway but are trying to shoe-horn their offering into wireless, forgetting to sort out the basics like ergonomics, battery life and connectivity. The SA08 sound fantastic but feel like lego in your ear - think your average IEM and add a another 0.5cm to the depth, feature repeated periodic dropouts and last about 2 hours.

TaoTronics have no less than 3 stem-based semi-in-ear earbuds, the 95's, which sound rubbish but have good mics, the 92's, which are OK but no aptx and loose fitting, and the 88's which are probably the pick of the bunch, sound nothing like the other two, but suffer from dropouts in audio and calls.

So yeah, a real mixed bag. The only two that seem to be getting their act together are Tronsmart and Soundpeats. Even FIIL and Edifier seem to be more interested in OEM'ing for Earfun.

Dec 15, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #27,723 of 62,422
Looking forward to your further comments. I see that Best Buy is carrying these with about a 2 week delay. Did you buy yours directly from the company?
Yes, I bought them directly from the company. After more listening, I am even more impressed. They sound less like phones and more like a high-end near-field speaker system with a well implemented sub. Very spacious and immersive soundstage with precise imaging. So far I have had no connectivity issues and the ANC is very effective. Fit is also superb, actually seeming to disappear after a short time in my ears. IMO, they are a truly TOTL product!

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #27,724 of 62,422
I'd just like to re-share the TWS @hifi80sman (IIRC) turned me on to - the JBL Club Pro + ANC. For me, they were just very clean sounding out of the box, but they EQ extremely well, and I have adjusted mine to have the bassy spaciousness I like in a headphone. (Super treble sensitive)

I would encourage you @greenkomodo1 to give them a shot if they fit your ears well. My previous favorite were the Nuarl N6 (non pro).

How's the call quality on these?

Dec 15, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #27,726 of 62,422
Have more people got the TrueControl ANC yet? Looking for some fit and sound impressions before pulling the trigger.
They're enroute to me now. Found a coupon that took $75 off so I took a chance. I'll post more when I receive them.

Dec 15, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #27,727 of 62,422
They're enroute to me now. Found a coupon that took $75 off so I took a chance. I'll post more when I receive them.

Keep us all posted! Thanks. Most likely will pick up the Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch before I get the RHAs

Dec 15, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #27,728 of 62,422
Keep us all posted! Thanks. Most likely will pick up the Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch before I get the RHAs
Knowing my addiction, those will end up in my hands as well :)

Dec 15, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #27,729 of 62,422
Noble Falcon Pro slated to drop 12/26...
1608077794321.png

https://www.nobleaudio.com/wireless/p/falcon-pro

Gamesky vid on the Sonic...

Dec 16, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #27,730 of 62,422
Today I received the Fiil T1 Lite, undoubtedly the new king of budget segment TWS. If you don't need ANC, It's hard to compete with them for only $ 35. Fortunately, Fiil didn't cheat the sound quality in Lite, only the EQ setting options are more modest. Lite still have a clear and balanced sound with a default EQ, but at the same time they give in perfectly to equalization. They definitely do not sound boring and are pleasant to listen to in almost any genre. The stability of the connection is excellent, I had to get used to a slightly strange extended control scheme for a while. Apart from the Chinese announcements and the lack of support in global applications, it is really difficult to find any shortcomings or limitations in terms of it's price, I really like them.

Dec 16, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #27,731 of 62,422
Dec 16, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #27,732 of 62,422
So I know the AirPods Pro don’t get talked about much in here, but I just got an IPhone 12 Mini and some AirPods Pro yesterday and with the Headphone Accommodations on and set to “balanced tone” they sound very good. The overall balance is very good. The ANC is very good, and so far the transparency mode seems good as well. I’m liking them so far.

Dec 16, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #27,733 of 62,422
Just received the Earfun Free Pro today. I'm not sure why people are underwhelmed by its ANC, it does very well drowning out my space heater and on a few noise tests on YouTube. I would put the ANC above the 1More ANC and Anker Soundcore Life Q30 over-ears. However, it does have a higher noise floor hiss than the 1More ANC, and this hiss is slightly panned to the left side. Ambient Sound mode is poor - it is rather faint like the 1More but distorts badly with "loud" sounds such as playing the piano.

First audio impressions are pretty good, V-shaped with deep thick bass and good treble clarity. In terms of resolution it sits nicely between the Galaxy Buds+ (which is brighter but also more splashy) and 1More ANC (detailed to the point of being unforgiving of lower quality tracks) and has a larger soundstaging than either of them. I'm not sure about the SBC bitpool though as someone here mentioned the F1 Pro having a lowered bitpool than Windows 10's defaults. However, it seems to me that the treble is more splashy with SBC than AAC but not distorted like the Galaxy Buds+.

I do have a bit of sealing issues with the left earbud, and every time I take them out the eartip flange gets flipped. It may be giving me slightly more bass though this may reflect my natural hearing. I rarely notice over-ear headphones having channel imbalance, so I suspect the resonance effect on in-ears may be having an effect.

EDIT: Here are bitpool values for the Earfun Free Pro, 8..53, pretty good but it seems like the highs are brighter/more sibilant than AAC
Screenshot 2020-12-17 012120.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #27,734 of 62,422
Today I received the Fiil T1 Lite, undoubtedly the new king of budget segment TWS. If you don't need ANC, It's hard to compete with them for only $ 35. Fortunately, Fiil didn't cheat the sound quality in Lite, only the EQ setting options are more modest. Lite still have a clear and balanced sound with a default EQ, but at the same time they give in perfectly to equalization. They definitely do not sound boring and are pleasant to listen to in almost any genre. The stability of the connection is excellent, I had to get used to a slightly strange extended control scheme for a while. Apart from the Chinese announcements and the lack of support in global applications, it is really difficult to find any shortcomings or limitations in terms of it's price, I really like them.

Dou you prefer your new Fiil T1 lite to yor edifier X3?. I also have the x3, but my favorite one is the tranya t3. I would like to try a FIIL, but I am I am doubting between the lite and the pro.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #27,735 of 62,422
One thing I'm confused about TW earphones. If they come with an app and you equalise them. Does that setting get saved so when you connect to them another device like a PC it savings that equalisation on the ear buds or its just a device only thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back