Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 3, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #27,557 of 62,461
My case also broke at the hinge. Not cool.
I sent my MTWs in because of the hinge (delivered to them Monday). Just got an acknowledgement email today and looks like they are shipping something back to me.

Dec 4, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #27,561 of 62,461

do you have connection problems with your trueair2? my unit would stutter and loose connection everytime i touch the stem. i returned mine and asked for a replacement, but the seller weirdly just returned my money instead, so i haven't purchase it again fearing that the problem would reoccur..
now I'm using the Tronsmart Onyx ace. it also sometimes stutter when touched on the stems, but at a much lower occurrences.

Dec 4, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #27,562 of 62,461
do you have connection problems with your trueair2? my unit would stutter and loose connection everytime i touch the stem. i returned mine and asked for a replacement, but the seller weirdly just returned my money instead, so i haven't purchase it again fearing that the problem would reoccur..
now I'm using the Tronsmart Onyx ace. it also sometimes stutter when touched on the stems, but at a much lower occurrences.
Yes, it also happened once with the TaoTronics 95 too. It didn't stutter, more like completely cut off. I try and stay clear of touching the stems but it's difficult on the soundpeats because the touch controls are so sensitive. I was lenient in my scoring on that because of the perfectly weighted proportions, but yes, I think it's normal

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #27,564 of 62,461
What is the “king” at that price point?

the ultimate best this price on every category? there's none yet, at least from what i have tried.
the Bold is really close in my opinion, but those aspects (lack of user EQ preset, different sound between modes, and for me personally:lack of ability to turn off the sensor) are holding it back. it has a really capable drivers, but tuned rather weird for me. i even prefer the tuning of the Onyx Free than the Bold.
so unless @Tronsmart comes up with another update, I'd say for now the Bold is good, but not the best

other honorable mentions would be samsung TWSs (Live and Plus), Tevi, Mifo o7.. but those also have their own drawbacks.

Dec 4, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #27,565 of 62,461
Looks like there is a new aptX standart with the new Snapdragon 888 chipset.

It's nice to see some new features but it also means you need to have a new phone to take advantage of it. I also feel like Qualcomm is being reluctant to introduce an easy multipoint standard. Or maybe Qualcomm is trying to encourage Bluetooth features to be mobile-only like Samsung is doing with low bitrates on SBC if you're on Windows 10 (another reason I'm wary of the Galaxy Buds Pro)... Not exactly sure how Jabra did it but they are using a Qualcomm chip. Many users were disappointed with their broken "promise" but might be possible multipoint and their existing connection protocol made it difficult for them to implement independent-bud usage.

Dec 4, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #27,566 of 62,461
Dec 4, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #27,567 of 62,461
Dec 4, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #27,568 of 62,461
this looks interesting.. i wonder does this uses bone conduction or speakers like those Bose sunglasses
https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/3/22150405/bose-sport-open-earbuds-fcc-leak-photos

Should be beamform speakers. I have been waiting on the Cleer Arc but they never came this year so I bought the Goal which is pretty sweet. I'd still go with the Arc over this since you have nothing on your ear at all which is nice with the speakers right in front. Of course a small headphone is easier on and off than putting earhook style on one side at a time. Final version is to have AptX adaptive and 12 hours battery which Bose won't have. Not sure if BOSE will make a small beamform headphone. They should. Certainly less niche and more useful than sunglasses.

Noble still at it...

Flagship model "FALCON PRO" of completely wireless earphones pursuing further sound quality from the company's brand Noble Audio from December 18th. Although it is an open price, it is expected to be sold at around 26,900 yen excluding tax in the market.

"FALCON PRO"

The flagship model of the Noble Audio brand complete wireless earphones, which pursues sound quality under the theme of "TWS (True Wireless Earphone), the highest sound quality in history". Based on the "FALCON 2" released in October this year, while taking over the functional aspects, the driver configuration and housing are being significantly renewed in terms of sound quality.

As for the driver configuration, the series' first 3-driver / hybrid configuration with 2 BA drivers in the high range and 1 6mm dynamic driver in the mid-low range is adopted.

Adopted a hybrid configuration of dynamic driver and BA driver

The BA driver is equipped with the latest generation driver unit "SRDD" from the major manufacturer Knowles. The structure is a set of two BA drivers, and is said to be excellent in high-frequency expression, wide sound field, and precise focus. In addition, SRDD is placed at the tip of the nozzle of the earphone, which minimizes signal loss and reflection in the sound conduit and at the same time enables fine tuning.

The dynamic driver is equipped with the newly developed "TLT (Tri-layered Titanium-coated) driver". A major feature is the composite material diaphragm, which is a combination of two types of resins, polyurethane / polyetheretherketone, and a titanium coating applied on top of it, achieving extremely excellent acoustic characteristics such as high rigidity, high internal loss, and light weight. As a result, it is said that low-frequency expression with a rich sense of scale is realized.

The attached earpiece "ePro audio Horn-Shaped Tips" has also been redesigned into a newly developed large-diameter model. Durability and flexibility have been improved by reviewing the mixing ratio of silicon and graphene, which are the materials, and ribs (steps) are provided inside to prevent them from falling out of the earphones.

The attached earpiece "ePro audio Horn-Shaped Tips" adopts a new model with a different material composition (left). Larger diameter than the conventional model (right)

Tuning will continue to be done by brand founder “Wizard” John Molton. The potential is maximized by a three-step tuning method: a dedicated crossover network that optimizes band division for each driver unit, an acoustic damper that adjusts the air flow, and readjustment of the acoustic characteristics by DSP.

The housing is newly designed based on the 3D data of the wired model and the ergonomic design. Despite the increase in the number of drivers compared to the past, it maintains the same size and high fit as the FALCON 2. The waterproofing is equivalent to IPX5.

The new housing maintains almost the same size as the conventional model "FALCON 2" (left). The operation method has changed from a button type to a tap type

Controls such as music playback have been changed from the conventional button type to the sensor type. In order to prevent malfunction when taking out the earphone, it responds by tapping the housing.

Other features / functions inherit the same performance as FALCON2. The Bluetooth chip is equipped with Qualcomm "QCC3040". In addition to aptX Adaptive, which automatically adjusts sound quality priority / connectivity priority according to the surrounding radio wave conditions and can transmit up to 48kHz / 24bit, it also supports SBC / AAC / aptX codecs. It also supports the left and right independent connection technology "True Wireless Mirroring".

In addition to improving the stability / quality of the Bluetooth connection with the original antenna design "High Precision Connect Technology 2", it is equipped with a "hear-through function" that captures ambient sound from the microphone.

The maximum continuous playback time is about 10 hours (measured at a volume of 70%), and it can be used continuously for about 50 hours including charging in the case. In addition, both the earphone body / case has a high-speed charging function, and the earphone body can be fully charged in 1 hour and the case in 1.5 hours.

The special case has the same shape as the conventional model "FALCON 2", but a new reset

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #27,569 of 62,461
this looks interesting.. i wonder does this uses bone conduction or speakers like those Bose sunglasses
https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/3/22150405/bose-sport-open-earbuds-fcc-leak-photos
color me very curious / interested ... the way things are these days (family home all day, which means my ears need to be 'open' for talk all the time) I usually listen with those buds that have the worst passive isolation, like Soundpeats TrueAir or other open style buds ... something bone conduction, if that's what it is, could be interesting ...
I liked those Bose Sunglasses when I tried them, but can't imagine real usage for those. Maybe if I could get them cheap :D

Dec 4, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #27,570 of 62,461
color me very curious / interested ... the way things are these days (family home all day, which means my ears need to be 'open' for talk all the time) I usually listen with those buds that have the worst passive isolation, like Soundpeats TrueAir or other open style buds ... something bone conduction, if that's what it is, could be interesting ...
I liked those Bose Sunglasses when I tried them, but can't imagine real usage for those. Maybe if I could get them cheap :D

yeah, i also use the Onyx Ace and X12 more often lately around the house because i can wear them for hours without discomfort, and use the Onyx Free (which can only be usable for me with foam tips) as sleeping buds, because it has surprisingly great passive isolation.

I've been looking for more open earbuds style TWS. the Trueair2 is really great except for that dealbreakingly bad cut offs in signal.. now the Fill CC2 caught my attention.. hmmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back