Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 29, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #27,496 of 62,735

I love testing my headphones and speakers with this one.

Well that song has lots of oomph to it for me. Not subwoofer level but it was enough I could feel it at the deepest beats. Cool song.

I usually use a song from Becka Shae called Rest which has a huge bass portion at the beginning of the song and the AZ70 goes immensely deep on that song as well. I think it just doesn't have a big mid bass presence or try to force bass when its not present. For my testing it certainly can go low when required though.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #27,497 of 62,735
Anyone know if it is it possible to connect 2 separate bluetooth earbuds to a single source (Google Pixel 3 in this situation)? It would allow me to do A/B testing with 1 bud each from separate sets connected to my ears. I'm not too familiar with this sort of testing and whether it is doable with a smartphone.

I could always use 2 separate smartphones and hit play at same time, but that would be more cumbersome to get the timings perfect if I wanted to rewind/fast-forward certain tracks - it is certainly an option I could try. It would be awesome if instead I can link both pairs to a single source.

Nov 30, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #27,499 of 62,735
Lets hope the H1 do not behave same as the Sonic in that when you disconnect from a device they enter auto pairing mode (this is not ideal and imagine being outside and rebooting you phone), not sure if they actually re-pair each time or remember more than one device (all my SoundPeats earphones allow at lease 3 devices).

The strange thing is there is a manual pairing mode (via button presses) so I may wipe them and try again.

The fit is not ideal esp for my larger canals, the included S/M/L buds all too small (totally tinny sound with no bass and hanging downwards in my ears as no wings )They did not give any of their XL's tips in the kit.

I used my SpinFits and they still fit the charging case but although like many users find these make the sound better they are poor for noise isolation (I have very good hearing, a curse in fact).

Also no volume headroom, I can listen to these 100% but normally I am 80-90% I guess but some albums need 100%, going by reviews the H1's are said to be very loud (I hope so).

Battery life seem very good but that advertised 15 hours @ 60% is SBC Codec as they say on their Japan site it will be 3-25% less with aptX/other codecs.
Yep, I'm in the doghouse today after Audible ran to the end of the sleep timer and my bedroom turned into a rave at 2am....not what the accountant dealing with month end in the room was hoping for this morning!

The fit is exactly like you say. They're top heavy and bounce around all over the place when you're exercising. Such a shame.

Nov 30, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #27,500 of 62,735
Had them for about three hours today. Returning them. The Jabra 85T and the MTW2 blow them away. Yamaha's app is terrible. Amazon sent me a box of 6 by accident. Only charged me for one. Sadly, I'm sending all 6 back. Love Yamaha, but this is a first gen product. Charging case is huge. Buds do not have auto pause when you take them out. They feel a bit cheap. The app is terrible. Sound is fine. Nothing to rave about. No EQ, nada. I can't even walk into the other room, maybe 20-30 feet and the bt connection cuts out. Oh well. Hope you all have better luck with them than I did.
IMG_0791.jpeg
IMG_0788.jpeg
IMG_0789.jpeg
IMG_0792.JPG
Wow, six!

Nov 30, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #27,502 of 62,735
Hoping to see some RHA True Control reviews shortly. I know they're trying to catch the Xmas period with the release date but seriously, they should have waited until some reviews were in the wild before releasing them.

Nov 30, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #27,504 of 62,735
Nov 30, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #27,505 of 62,735
Anyone here tried the Audiofly AFT2?

I bought them on a massive discount and was still extremely disappointed on the sound.

Very harsh mids and overall unrefined sound. So much worse than my 1more Stylish's.

They do have impeccable build quality and feel like the price they normally are. But just that.

Nov 30, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #27,506 of 62,735
Just tried the AZ70 with Glitch Mob Drink the Sea and found them very good for that genre. Probably not the best tract for bass though. Can anyone suggest and give youtube link to a song similar to Glitch Mob and Infected Mushroom I could test that has big bass in it?

They kick a$$ for Pink Floyd btw :wink:
Did I just hear Infected Mushroom? Good old Missed symphony :wink:

Nov 30, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #27,508 of 62,735
Gave The Missed Symphony a listen and that a cool track too its a lot busier and the bass line is not quite as deep as Avatraz possibly because it is more busy. But the bass is still good to my ears. I am sure many will prefer more bass but I enjoyed it as I heard it and enjoyed having everything else be crystal clear.

Looking forward to the impressions of other that have given the AZ70 a try regardless of if they hear them the same as me or not. :)

Nov 30, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #27,509 of 62,735
What’s the verdict on the MASTER & DYNAMIC MW07 Go. I’m able to get them heavily discounted locally.
Sigh so many options around here while I was taking a long break from everything.
If SQ is the priority, they are pretty terrific. I couldn't get them to stay in my ears but otherwise they are solid depending on the price. No ANC. No app/eq and no AAC so if you are running an iphone they might not be ideal. Otherwise, you can do a lot worse.

Nov 30, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #27,510 of 62,735
If SQ is the priority, they are pretty terrific. I couldn't get them to stay in my ears but otherwise they are solid depending on the price. No ANC. No app/eq and no AAC so if you are running an iphone they might not be ideal. Otherwise, you can do a lot worse.

Thanks! Currently looking for the best sq. ANC, hear-through and eq would have been nice and I’m a bit concerned that they don’t have an app available. I also like pretty balanced sound with nice but don’t like mids that are further back, which something that one reviewer had mentioned. For $120 it’s hard to resist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back