Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 29, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #27,481 of 63,207
Looking for cheap BT earbuds for working out etc found SOUNDPEATS Q35HD which have BT5.0 ,14h on battery ,AptX HD support and magnetic charging .Seems too good for $25.

they're not TWS but has no over ear bulk or any of those stiff sausage type battery packs.

dfb690a56a7d56bf6ec983068246c2c5.png
For only a few dollars more you can get something else and get rid of the cables once and for all.
I think there are better options out there.

Nov 29, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #27,485 of 63,207
How do you think AZ70 compares to MTW2, which have same driver as Sennheiser cx 400bt, in overall quality? I'm currently down to cx 400bt, AZ70 and Sony WF-1000XM3. Those are my 3 options in my price range around $150-165.

I listen to classical, rock and pop music for 2 hours every night while reading a book or news articles before sleeping. I don't plan on working out with them or riding a train to work. I need them to be comfortable and sound good while lying down in bed.

What would you suggest for that situation? I want to order before tomorrow so I am doing a lot of googling tonight, reading reviews.

Having listened to them all, you will not be disappointed with the Sonys, they're the best sounding pair of the lot, although if you have particularly small ear canals you may have an issue with fit.

Nov 29, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #27,486 of 63,207
Audio 46 has the CX 400BT for $149 for Cyber Monday.

Normal sale price it goes on quite often and from pretty early since it doesn't(and shouldn't) sell well at $199. Currently $129.98 on Amazon.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #27,487 of 63,207
For only a few dollars more you can get something else and get rid of the cables once and for all.
I think there are better options out there.

Examples?

Not with AptX HD, 14 hours of battery. The neck band headsets do also very often have lower latency and less sync issues, when watching tv/movies/playing games, than cheap TWSs.
Buy the Soundpeats if those specs are essentials. (I have the Soundpeats Q12 plus and I'm pleased with them)

Nov 29, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #27,488 of 63,207
Not with AptX HD, 14 hours of battery. The neck band headsets do also very often have lower latency and less sync issues, when watching tv/movies/playing games, than cheap TWSs.
Buy the Soundpeats if those specs are essentials. (I have the Soundpeats Q12 plus and I'm pleased with them)

I know what you mean and since he asked for a working out pair of earphones based on my experience, you just need them to sound decent with solid connection and good battery life. With the beyond the ear cable or without it, around $25 it won’t be HiFi so may as well have the convenience of fully wireless earbuds.
The Soundpeats q12 were decent back in the day but those been around for almost 5 years if I remember correctly. Technology has improved a lot since then.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #27,489 of 63,207
Just tried the AZ70 with Glitch Mob Drink the Sea and found them very good for that genre. Probably not the best tract for bass though. Can anyone suggest and give youtube link to a song similar to Glitch Mob and Infected Mushroom I could test that has big bass in it?

They kick a$$ for Pink Floyd btw :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #27,490 of 63,207
I know what you mean and since he asked for a working out pair of earphones based on my experience, you just need them to sound decent with solid connection and good battery life. With the beyond the ear cable or without it, around $25 it won’t be HiFi so may as well have the convenience of fully wireless earbuds.
The Soundpeats q12 were decent back in the day but those been around for almost 5 years if I remember correctly. Technology has improved a lot since then.
There's been updated versions every year. My Q12 Plus has BT5.0, AptX HD, AptX LL and sound very good. Better than most TWS I've tested.

Nov 29, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #27,491 of 63,207
Just tried the AZ70 with Glitch Mob Drink the Sea and found them very good for that genre. Probably not the best tract for bass though. Can anyone suggest and give youtube link to a song similar to Glitch Mob and Infected Mushroom I could test that has big bass in it?

They kick a$$ for Pink Floyd btw :wink:

I love testing my headphones and speakers with this one.

Nov 29, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #27,492 of 63,207
I've been preparing a review on the soundpeats sonic today.

Soundpeats and budget earbuds have come a long way in 12 months. Sound quality and sound stage are both remarkable for the money.

Such a shame the fit is awful - they thud more than any other earbuds I've tested in about 6 months, and almost stick out further than my ears.

I feel like Soundpeats are learning though. They won't fit awful for everyone and for £33 they're very impressive compared with the rubbish I tested from them a year or so ago

Nov 29, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #27,493 of 63,207
Lets hope the H1 do not behave same as the Sonic in that when you disconnect from a device they enter auto pairing mode (this is not ideal and imagine being outside and rebooting you phone), not sure if they actually re-pair each time or remember more than one device (all my SoundPeats earphones allow at lease 3 devices).

The strange thing is there is a manual pairing mode (via button presses) so I may wipe them and try again.

The fit is not ideal esp for my larger canals, the included S/M/L buds all too small (totally tinny sound with no bass and hanging downwards in my ears as no wings )They did not give any of their XL's tips in the kit.

I used my SpinFits and they still fit the charging case but although like many users find these make the sound better they are poor for noise isolation (I have very good hearing, a curse in fact).

Also no volume headroom, I can listen to these 100% but normally I am 80-90% I guess but some albums need 100%, going by reviews the H1's are said to be very loud (I hope so).

Battery life seem very good but that advertised 15 hours @ 60% is SBC Codec as they say on their Japan site it will be 3-25% less with aptX/other codecs.

Nov 29, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #27,494 of 63,207
Hope you enjoy them, I know I am :)

That's a tough one to say. $40 is a lot and the Sennheisers are likely very good sounding and the warranty is nice to have. I suspect the difference in sound is able to be tweaked via EQ so won't have to be the deciding factor.

The addition of ANC if not important to you is just an added expense. The only other big difference is the Senn have no water proofing while the AZ70 are IPX4 rated so can take lite rain and sweat. But not sure if that important for you or not. If not I am sure the Senns will be good. I know I enjoyed my MTW alot until they died.

Truth be told my MTW issues soured me a bit on trying Sennheiser again. But I am sure they learned their lessons from that 1st gen product. My MTW had the notorious battery issue so they were always dead when I wanted to use them, the case broke at the hinge, and with 2 years of light use they suddenly stopped charging all issue which annoy the heck out of me considering I paid $300+ for them.

Yeah, it's a tough one. I'm ordering both and returning the one I like less. There is nothing to lose since Amazon will take it back. I will have 2 weeks to decide.

Thanks for the help, brotha!

Nov 29, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #27,495 of 63,207
I should mention that AZ70 currently has 10% cashback if you use Amazon prime creditcard! $165 cost would be $149 as long as you have a Prime card. Just a heads up for others.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back