Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 26, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #27,391 of 62,776
Klipsch T5 II are 50% off for Black Friday right now on Amazon. Love mine! Klipsch T5 II True Wireless Gunmetal
Thanks for the heads-up! I wonder how these sound compared to the Technics or the Sennheiser Momentum. I am looking for a new pair (coming from the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro) and don't care about ANC and feel like I am paying for that with some of the more expensive ones. At $100 on sale,, these could fit the bill.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #27,392 of 62,776
I prefer Neckbands esp for battery (mine claim 35 hours), and so long as your using Android based devices your latency will be lower anyhow as not using ACC but SBC/AptX variants and watching a movie which since the days of DVD will be 24bit you ideally need at least aptX-HD, if it fell back to aptX or aptX-LL it would be 16bit (a trade of for distance+lag vs quality I suppose.

You can normally adjust this in the devices normally, I can in my Nvidia Shield TV with a Test that uses ball bouncing on the screen).

Nov 26, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #27,393 of 62,776
Soundpeats Sonic is available on Amazon uk with a 15% voucher
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-...ywords=soundpeats+sonic&qid=1606404713&sr=8-1
That's what I wanted to know. It's impossible to find TWS earbuds with both aptX LL and HD, and even less so with LL and Adaptive. For me LL is a must, because my BT adapter for TV transmits aptX LL, standard aptX and HD. It's likely the gaming mode of the H1/Sonic comes in handy for my purposes. But the H1 and Sonic are not widely available yet (they are not on Amazon Europe and the Sonic is only available on Amazon Japan).

So my only options are 1) try the Aurvana Trio Wireless neckband (supports all 3 codecs: LL, standard and HD but is a neckband) and 2) when available, try the H1 to see how that game mode works with my BT adapter. And yes, aptX HD or Adaptive is desirable in order to listen to my Tidal subscription in all its glory. Can you think of anything else?
Thanks you for any ideas

Nov 26, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #27,395 of 62,776
If you find yourself needing to switch between sources the 75t (or 65t I suppose) can't be beat !

Abou the Anker Soundcore Life Dot 2 NC I only found this https://www.reddit.com/r/anker/comments/jvmkwz/new_release_life_dot_2_nc_soundcores_first_true and the Life Dot 2 reviews were not great. How about some L2P NCs so we can have the first (I think ?) DD+BA ANC TWEs !

In other news I have sent back the Bose QC Earbuds, more CONs (size, case, can't turn off ANC, poor PNC, price) than PROs (good ANC, good soundstage) I'm afraid...

Ek Jeffe did a review

not gonna watch .. can't buy anything anyways ... sucks ...

Well, instead of chasing new stuff I am re-learning to appreciate all the audio gizmos I already own ... just realizing that my first more serious DAP, the Fiio X3ii is not already 5 years old and still going strong!

Nov 26, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #27,396 of 62,776
Klipsch T5 II are 50% off for Black Friday right now on Amazon. Love mine! Klipsch T5 II True Wireless Gunmetal
This is so tempting. I had pretty much decided that lack of ANC is a no-go, but given fit and tips I may break that rule for these. How do they compare to MTW2 or Sony in that regard? I currently just have the Sony's and love the sound and ANC, but the fit in motion will probably always be a problem.

Nov 26, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #27,398 of 62,776
This is so tempting. I had pretty much decided that lack of ANC is a no-go, but given fit and tips I may break that rule for these. How do they compare to MTW2 or Sony in that regard? I currently just have the Sony's and love the sound and ANC, but the fit in motion will probably always be a problem.
I think these fall into the same category as the technics we were discussing over the weekend that were on Amazon coupon sale. I would hold off and save your money. Lots of new stuff coming and you'll wish you hadn't burned the hundy on good not great TWS.

Nov 26, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #27,399 of 62,776
I have enough budget for
soundpeats H1;
Bose QuietComfort Earbuds
or Sony WF-1000XM3 (good price in HK, much cheaper than bose)
(these 3 with review of good sound, open to other choice)

My main concern is connection and sound quality/signature; which one will be close to what i like ibasso IT03, Sony N3Ap or RHA T20?

ANC maybe not really a main concern, just a bonus.
review of Soundpeats sound is so good and with BT5.2;
but sony and bose sound seems also very good (even not considering ANC), big brand...
Sorry, confused.................

Nov 26, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #27,400 of 62,776
I couldn't wear the Sony's. Fit was really bad in my ears. I also have the MTW2 and love them. The Klipsch have great sound. Decent soundstage. I like the fit but some may not. I get about 7-8 hrs per charge. For $99 the T5II are a steal at that price. In my opinion, I'd say in order of what think is the best: MTW2, Klipsch, Jabra 85T then the Sony come in last. Mostly because the fit was awful and both the case and buds are huge.

Nov 26, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #27,401 of 62,776
I have enough budget for
soundpeats H1;
Bose QuietComfort Earbuds
or Sony WF-1000XM3 (good price in HK, much cheaper than bose)
(these 3 with review of good sound, open to other choice)

My main concern is connection and sound quality/signature; which one will be close to what i like ibasso IT03, Sony N3Ap or RHA T20?

ANC maybe not really a main concern, just a bonus.
review of Soundpeats sound is so good and with BT5.2;
but sony and bose sound seems also very good (even not considering ANC), big brand...
Sorry, confused.................
Can't speak for the H1 although they look quite nice. As between Bose and Sony, Bose all day long if fit matters to you. The Sony is fatally flawed in the fit category. Some people prefer the richer warmer sq of the Sony but I think the Bose go toe to toe with them provided you like the Bose house sound.

Nov 26, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #27,403 of 62,776
Hope they get a UK release....

[which QUOTE="jant71, post: 15994132, member: 22616"]
Got a delivery from Amazon a few minutes ago. My last TWS till the new wave come with 5.2 and LC3+. Took some quick pics.

size comparison with some not all :)

Off to test them out a little.

First take is very positive. On all fronts actually. Like the case. Happy with the improvement over my JVC on the hear through and mic quality improvement. Sound impresses with the size and space, the bass reach, the resolution, and the space and roominess of the sound. No smear or congestion and you can hear everything in it's own space. Love the small size and easy fit and comfort. A little push and twist seems to be the right way to insert quick and easy. Case is small and solid and type C just no Qi. Quick solid connection, perfect touch controls. Easy enough to grab them on the sides and never accidentally touch the panel. Can get quite loud so not close to max volume on my devices. Can't think of anything negative to say.
[/QUOTE]

Don't know if that will happen. Any other Victor label stuff in the UK?? The little things are great and will suit me well till the next gen stuff. Actually would love the same exact thing with the new tech. The case is great with the angled bud seating. The small size and weight is perfect. I did get the eartips to go with these...
1606413210324.png

Which do sound a bit better and make the fit easier if not better. Outside of putting in Qi and adaptive instead of just aptX these have been just what I was hoping for in the three things I wanted. Work great without issue, sound great, and I got that even less obtrusive level with the smaller size and weight and easy fit with great comfort. The basic things wireless is about done well with zero complaints and makes me wonder if I'll grab any of my other models and know I am not looking for anything else for a long while. Just realize when it is good and stick with it and enjoy!

Nov 26, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #27,405 of 62,776
I prefer Neckbands esp for battery (mine claim 35 hours), and so long as your using Android based devices your latency will be lower anyhow as not using ACC but SBC/AptX variants and watching a movie which since the days of DVD will be 24bit you ideally need at least aptX-HD, if it fell back to aptX or aptX-LL it would be 16bit (a trade of for distance+lag vs quality I suppose.

You can normally adjust this in the devices normally, I can in my Nvidia Shield TV with a Test that uses ball bouncing on the screen).
So which one do you think is better in terms of sound quality and latency (apart from comfort)?

Creative Aurvana Trio Wireless (neckband) [SPECS] - up to 20 hours playtime. but I feel it won't be comfortable for the bed
Bower & Wilkins PI4 (neckband) [SPECS]- according to the manual, supports SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD and Adaptive, but not LL (so I'm not sure if it's suitable for TV)
Soundpeats H1
Soundpeats Sonic

On the other hand, what are the differences between the H1 and Sonic?

Thank you very much for your help, indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back