Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
post-15997705
Post #27,376 of 28,700

dweaver

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
On the train using the Technics AZ70 and so far these are impressing me for ANC. Pretty much just me and the music and music is awesome. Listening to Fleetwood Mac The Chain and when the bass line kicks in hard these capture that perfectly and vocals, cymbals sound detailed and engaging.

Last night listening to Greg Keeler album Gone these had bass when it was called for reaching deep into the sub bass and vocals conveyed emotion well, piano had excellent decay and sustain, guitars similarly sounded plucky and detailed.

These might only have one speaker but is a damned good one and has been tuned to perfection.

The ambient feature also works very well as does just using these without ANC.

Any flaws? Well I never really like touch panels and these have not changed my feeling on that. So far the touch scheme is a bit tricky especially for volume control and switching tracks but basic things like switching modes from ANC to Ambient and off or using the assistant work well and I think answering the phone will be good.

The one quick call I had last night to my wife she said I sounded good and the cars in the background were reduced to whispers according to her. But will see what they are like in the downtown core after work tonight.

So if you want a good audiophile TW with most features these will definitely fit the bill. At full retail they have some hefty competition but I think hold their own. On sale for $199 CAD these are a steal.

post-15997790
Post #27,377 of 28,700

heikkönen

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi, I hope everyone is doing well.
I usually renew my TWS IEM’s every year and it’s time for doing that now. For 3-4 days, I’ve been searching for a new one, and found several options which are Tronsmart Spunky Beat, Tronsmart Spunky Pro, Haylou GT1 Plus, KZ S1 and Wavefun Xpods 3. I have a price range of 20-25$. For now, Tronsmart Spunky Beat is my first choice here since I think it’s more likely to satisfy my expectations. I’ve heard that it’s well balanced but still I’m not sure because I want plenty of punch and kicking drums (but not like a bass bomb thing) and I wonder if there’s any IEMs which I don’t know in this price range and better than Spunky Beat.
By the way, I’ve owned QCY T2C and Blitzwolf FYE-7 before and didn’t like both.
I’m waiting for your recommendations and thanks in advance for the help.
Note: I like Apple EarPods’ general shape of sound, maybe it helps to compare with.

Last edited:
post-15998018
Post #27,378 of 28,700

HiddenUser

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
It seems that little by little more TWS earbuds supporting aptX Adaptive are appearing. The last ones are Xiaomi Mi Air Pro 2 and Soundpeats H1. This is interesting, because aptX Adaptive is backwards compatible with aptX HD (and also standard aptX), so earbuds with this codec can receive aptX HD or Adaptive data from another device.

Since there are very few wireless IEMs supporting both aptX Low Latency and HD/Adaptive (I have only found the H1 and the Creative Aurvana Trio Wireless neckband), could you recommend any other TWS earbuds (not neckband) supporting both aptX Low Latency and Adaptive?

Thanks

post-15998024
Post #27,379 of 28,700

helmutcheese

Head-Fier
Reaction score
^^ SoundPeats Sonic also.

AFAIK it does not have as low a latency as aptX-LL @ 40ms but will connect to aptX-LL devices as backwards compatible..

Overall it has latency of 50-80ms (adapting between quality and signal strength/distance/source content) which is lower than before for aptX and aptX-HD.

Last edited:
Reactions: HiddenUser
post-15998102
Post #27,380 of 28,700

HiddenUser

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
AFAIK it does not have as low a latency as aptX-LL @ 40ms but will connect to aptX-LL devices as backwards compatible..
Are you sure aptX Adaptive is backwards compatible with aptX LL too? That is, can a device transmit LL data to earbuds supporting ONLY the Adaptive codec and still get the lowest latency supported by the Adaptive codec (50ms)? The Qualcomm site claims that Adaptive is only compatible with aptX HD and aptX... My guess is the LL data is converted to standard aptX, so high latency is unavoidable in this case.

Thanks again

PS. I can't find the Sonic. Even is not advertised on the Soundpeats site (the new H1 is).

post-15998157
Post #27,381 of 28,700

smith

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hope they get a UK release....

[which QUOTE="jant71, post: 15994132, member: 22616"]
Got a delivery from Amazon a few minutes ago. My last TWS till the new wave come with 5.2 and LC3+. Took some quick pics.

size comparison with some not all :)

Off to test them out a little.

First take is very positive. On all fronts actually. Like the case. Happy with the improvement over my JVC on the hear through and mic quality improvement. Sound impresses with the size and space, the bass reach, the resolution, and the space and roominess of the sound. No smear or congestion and you can hear everything in it's own space. Love the small size and easy fit and comfort. A little push and twist seems to be the right way to insert quick and easy. Case is small and solid and type C just no Qi. Quick solid connection, perfect touch controls. Easy enough to grab them on the sides and never accidentally touch the panel. Can get quite loud so not close to max volume on my devices. Can't think of anything negative to say.
[/QUOTE]

post-15998681
Post #27,382 of 28,700

The Apostle

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hoping to get some feedback and suggestions. I m looking for a new pair of TWS that will be used on conference calls, that at times, is a slightly noisy office. Currently I switch back and forth between the Jabra Elite 65t and Plantronics Voyager 6200. Both have their pluses and minuses and I am probably tying to fill an unattainable voided. Nonetheless, here I am. LOL. Here is what I am looking for and how the current handle those situations.
  • ANC
  • Ability to turn off hear through
  • Won't overly pick up background noise
  • A good seal (none of this new proprietary weird oval crap)
  • Companion app for adjustability
The Plantronics do a great job of blocking out background conversation and have great call quality. However, you can only turn hear through to "low". If I want to listen to music between calls, they're terrible. Although music is the last of my concerns for these.

The Elite 65t pick up everything in the background. The call quality is good from what everyone says, but I always get asked what's going on in the background. These things pick up everything!

If I can find something that works I am not concerned with the price. Does anyone have experience with conference calls in variable environments that can make suggestions?

post-15998752
Post #27,383 of 28,700

helmutcheese

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Are you sure aptX Adaptive is backwards compatible with aptX LL too? That is, can a device transmit LL data to earbuds supporting ONLY the Adaptive codec and still get the lowest latency supported by the Adaptive codec (50ms)? The Qualcomm site claims that Adaptive is only compatible with aptX HD and aptX... My guess is the LL data is converted to standard aptX, so high latency is unavoidable in this case.

Thanks again

PS. I can't find the Sonic. Even is not advertised on the Soundpeats site (the new H1 is).
From my readings yes if a receiver only had 1 codec and that was aptX-LL it would still connect to it and play but will not be 40ms.

I am not sure if it will use the original aptX as that is what happens if you connect an aptX only device to an aptx-LL only device (but any LL device will normally have aptX also so both codecs).

Look at my posted history, I posted the Sonics last week and updated the other day but so far they are on Ebay.com (I am in UK) so I ordered them directly from SoundsPeats China via Ebay.com.

Ordered on the 17th and they are now with the Royal Mail (sat at customs a few days due to Covid etc) so will be here on 27th, not too bad.

SoundPEATS Sonic Bluetooth 5.2 True Wireless Earphone CVC 8.0 Noise Cancellation | eBay

Last edited:
Reactions: HiddenUser
post-15998926
Post #27,384 of 28,700

Blotto80

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I haven’t really been paying much attention to the TWS space of late but now my kid wants a pair for Xmas but her main use is video (YouTube, tiktok, Netflix). Is there anything cheap that has decent latency with an iPhone? I’m less concerned about SQ than price and lag.

post-15999201
Post #27,385 of 28,700

HiddenUser

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
From my readings yes if a receiver only had 1 codec and that was aptX-LL it would still connect to it and play but will not be 40ms.
I was asking the opposite: when the receiver only has the Adaptive codec and receives LL data from a device (typical scenario for the H1). This is important for watching TV with negligible lag (I'm sensitive to this). As you know, there are very few Bluetooth transmitters supporting aptX Adaptive (you have to buy a BT DAC/amp). Most mainstream transmitter/receivers support aptX LL like mine (and other codecs too, but not the new one). Anyway, I have read some reviews and it seems the H1 has a special gaming mode. According to the manufacturer, the lag in this mode is very low - 40ms. approx, virtually the same as that of the old Low Latency codec. But take this with a grain of salt, because a reviewer measured 175ms latency with this mode on (high in my opinion).
Ordered on the 17th and they are now with the Royal Mail (sat at customs a few days due to Covid etc) so will be here on 27th, not too bad.

SoundPEATS Sonic Bluetooth 5.2 True Wireless Earphone CVC 8.0 Noise Cancellation | eBay
When it arrives, please comment on your first impressions.

post-15999245
Post #27,386 of 28,700

chinmie

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I haven’t really been paying much attention to the TWS space of late but now my kid wants a pair for Xmas but her main use is video (YouTube, tiktok, Netflix). Is there anything cheap that has decent latency with an iPhone? I’m less concerned about SQ than price and lag.
as far as i know almost all TWS, even the cheaper ones would have a good low latency on IOS devices for videos, so the choices would be plenty. you might also consider form and sizes that would fit her better, also whether she prefer open seal or IEM styled TWS

post-15999333
Post #27,387 of 28,700

helmutcheese

Head-Fier
Reaction score
I was asking the opposite: when the receiver only has the Adaptive codec and receives LL data from a device (typical scenario for the H1). This is important for watching TV with negligible lag (I'm sensitive to this). As you know, there are very few Bluetooth transmitters supporting aptX Adaptive (you have to buy a BT DAC/amp). Most mainstream transmitter/receivers support aptX LL like mine (and other codecs too, but not the new one). Anyway, I have read some reviews and it seems the H1 has a special gaming mode. According to the manufacturer, the lag in this mode is very low - 40ms. approx, virtually the same as that of the old Low Latency codec. But take this with a grain of salt, because a reviewer measured 175ms latency with this mode on (high in my opinion).

When it arrives, please comment on your first impressions.

I do not know of any transmitters with aptX-Adaptive so far, only ear/headphones.

I seen a good review on the H1's and the gaming mode was down to 50ms dependant on what device it was connected to and what the content playing was, obviously they fair better with Android devices than Apple.

He had a GUI on the screen and yes in one use it was a 3 figured read out.

It was on Youtube recently so will be one of newer one as there are not many reviews.

The Sonic also has gaming mode.

Here : The VERY BEST of 2020! - Soundpeats H1 Review + Latency & Call Test - YouTube

post-15999358
Post #27,388 of 28,700

chinmie

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
there's a new review of the Soundpeats Sonic on YouTube

seeing the form factor, it might be better fit for smaller ears. it's already available on my local online market, but i still more intrigued to try the H1 more

Reactions: hifi80sman

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 23, Guests: 39)