Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 7, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #27,152 of 62,380
Monoprice TWE with ANC using the Qualcomm 5124... not much new there but it is interesting:
  • Sonarworks SoundID built in. https://www.sonarworks.com/soundid which is a first and since this works well for me on a desktop, I’m very intrigued.
  • Decent controls including volume control
  • Can turn ANC off
  • $130
  • End of November due date
  • Battery life looks ok though I don’t believe 10 hours
More at: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=41500

Nov 7, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #27,153 of 62,380
Monoprice TWE with ANC using the Qualcomm 5124... not much new there but it is interesting:
  • Sonarworks SoundID built in. https://www.sonarworks.com/soundid which is a first and since this works well for me on a desktop, I’m very intrigued.
  • Decent controls including volume control
  • Can turn ANC off
  • $130
  • End of November due date
  • Battery life looks ok though I don’t believe 10 hours
More at: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=41500
Looks like the same shell & case variant as the Cleer Ally Plus but with better specs and full touch controls. Very intriguing, as I was initially looking at the Cleer a while back.

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #27,154 of 62,380
Has anyone tried sending their MTW case back for repairs? The case for my Senn MTW (original) finally broke today after lasting 15 months (has been clicking out of place everytime I opened it so far). Probably lasted longer because i have just been at home for the last 8 months and not commuting. Wondering if they will even "repair" it and if it is worth the cost and effort. May be time to just retire it.

Nov 8, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #27,155 of 62,380
Has anyone tried sending their MTW case back for repairs? The case for my Senn MTW (original) finally broke today after lasting 15 months (has been clicking out of place everytime I opened it so far). Probably lasted longer because i have just been at home for the last 8 months and not commuting. Wondering if they will even "repair" it and if it is worth the cost and effort. May be time to just retire it.
I'm pretty sure 15 months is out of warranty, but hey, customer service-wise, never hurts to see if they're willing to do it, even if it's a deeply discounted cost.

Are you still using the MTW in your rotation? There are some great options out there now that won't break the bank.

Nov 8, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #27,156 of 62,380
At least here in Germany, Sennheiser gives 2 years of manufacturer warranty.

I'm pretty sure 15 months is out of warranty, but hey, customer service-wise, never hurts to see if they're willing to do it, even if it's a deeply discounted cost.

Are you still using the MTW in your rotation? There are some great options out there now that won't break the bank.
Any suggestions?
Preferably (warm) neutral detailed sound signature, ambient mode, aptX and connecting to more than one device at the same time.

EDIT1: Doesn't have to be budget. If it's worth it, I don't mind paying for it.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #27,158 of 62,380
I don't know, friend, I'm a little iffy on the whole package. I like how they play up "8mm polyethylene terephthalate drivers". You mean, PET, like my water bottles? LOL.

The review almost sounds like a puff piece, as if the PROS and CONS are geared to justify its shortcomings. I don't know, I just may be a little cynical, but the price seems a little offensive for what they're offering.
I've always found tech radar to be decent but I agree something seems too good to be true. I need to see a direct comparison to the MTW2 or MW07 before pulling the trigger. Or the price needs to come down. Agree with you on price as well. I probably would have jumped at 175.

Nov 8, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #27,159 of 62,380
I used the Bose QC extensively today for 2-3hrs and spent around 30mins or so A/B testing it against the Nuarl N10 Pro. My setup is USB Player Pro on TIDA with bit perfect out put setting. The Bose QC feels bass heavy and the bass bleeds into the mids colouring the sound. It sounds like a 15" subwoofer rumbling at the back ground. This is very pronounce if you have a pure Acoustic track or Piano track playing. The instruments just don't sound natural to me. Grand Piano sounds like electric keyboard and guitar sounds like electric guitar. The sound stage is very wide, on some tracks i can feel the music is coming around 3cm out side the ear. In-comparison, the Nuarl N10 sounds much cleaner. It doesn't have that bass rumble, nor is the bass punchy. Have to say the N10 lacks bass but it makes up for it in imaging, separation and sound stage. Yes. It beats the Bose QC on sound stage. Its about 7-8cm out side the ear. its especially clear on tracks like Nora Jones seven years on TIDA Master, the acoustic guitar positioning is much further to the left behind the ear, while the vocal is right of the head. the Bose has the acoustic guitar positioned inside the left ear while the vocal is towards the centre of the head. On pop tracks and female vocals the Bose feels warmer tube like, the N10 feels more clinical natural AKG/ Etymotic type sound where you can hear each whisper. I personally prefer the N10 Pro with its clarity and impressive sound stage. I just don't like the Bose QC bass its less punchy and tight like the Nuarl N6 mini my wife picked up few weeks ago and the N6 drivers are considered bass heavy.

ANC performance, Bose wins hands down. it suppresses all frequency ranges while the N10(high ANC mode) suppresses the lower frequency better making the outside noise sound very weird with higher frequency more prominent.

Call performance the N10 Pro sounded less compressed while the Bose QC made the voice sound more higher pitched (only tested on calls twice today) but both caller had no issues hearing my voice clearly.

All the ANC earbuds are massive but Bose is the biggest in that department compared to the N10 and Sony. the case is about 10% smaller than the sony case while the N10 is thinner and longer. i don't think it would be comfortable to carry any of those in your pocket unless of course you're after some stares then N10 would be your choice inside a tight pants pocket :). i would consider the N6 mini/Mifo O7 size to be pocketable.

If your looking for ANC performance and Bass the Bose should be your pick. If your looking for SQ with more comfortable fit/size the Nuarl N10 is the better pick (heaps of tips to choose from). I also prefer the button controls over touch control, as you know that "click" is going to do exactly what you pressed it for. But i would hold off your purchase of the N10 for a few weeks as they are updating the firmware/APP to add more EQ setting to boost bass and better connection fixes (i had issues with one side of the earbud losing sound then coming back on, which apparently is not just me).DSC_0181.JPGDSC_0183.JPGDSC_0184.JPG
Hey I'm in the US. Any suggestions on where to buy the N10 Pro? I still don't see them on Amazon. I love the N6P and I can't wait to see how the N10 sounds compared to my new Bose NC buds

Nov 8, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #27,161 of 62,380

Pretty sure Sennheiser has a 2 year warranty on its products, at least that is what I recall seeing when I was looking up warranty and repairs last night before I posted here...only problem is that cases are generally excluded so I was curious if anyone here had any success.

I mostly uae the MTW with a Surface now and not as much daily. Find myself using my SE846 or SE535s with a Qudelix 5K and Galaxy Buds Live (calls) more now that I am at home most of the time but I really liked these for commuting before COVID. Didn't really see a reason to buy anything new since it works fine and was hoping to skip the MTW2 to see what they do for a v3.

I do have other TWS so don't really need another...just really liked these. I've been using MTW for a Microsoft Surface, MW07 Go & SE846 or SE535/Qudelix 5K for my V60, Galaxy Buds Live for S9 (main phone for calls), and SE425s/BT2 paired to my Node 2i when my wife or son are in the room while I am working (multipoint is great). Have a JBL Reflect Flow for riding my exercise bike. When I was commuting, I mostly used MTW everyday and SE846/ES100 (now in the bottom of a drawer somewhere) so I am a bit bummed about this.

Nov 8, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #27,163 of 62,380
My son bought the Bose QC TWS today so I can just use his if I want. They are really comfortable! I'll have to listen to them tonight, I only got to listen to them for one song so far.
Comfort/Sound combination is absolutely fantastic. I still think pure audio quality goes to the JBL Club Pro+, however, after a few hours, the plastic does make my ears a bit sore and I need a break. I can wear both the QC and Sport earbuds all day long. That being said, I do crave the Bose sound signature to feed the beast.

Nov 9, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #27,164 of 62,380
Comfort/Sound combination is absolutely fantastic. I still think pure audio quality goes to the JBL Club Pro+, however, after a few hours, the plastic does make my ears a bit sore and I need a break. I can wear both the QC and Sport earbuds all day long. That being said, I do crave the Bose sound signature to feed the beast.

JBLs that good??

Nov 9, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #27,165 of 62,380
JBLs that good??
I think so. Bose still has the best sound stage and probably the best for movies, etc. but the JBL still have the technical advantage. Best Buy has them in stock and also have their extended holiday return policy just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back