Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 6, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #27,121 of 62,400
Those are a lot. :)

Any chance you can tell me if the MW07 Plus are worth a go if I like the MTW2?
I know you didn't listen to them, but sound wise (which is my main priority) they're pretty similar to the MTW(1).
Or do you have any other recommendation to look at when trying to find the best sound? Mainly for classical music.

EDIT1: Are there sites like the crinacle site, which focuses on TWS IEMs? Sound first, and then all that tech stuff.
Obviously, I for giving anything a try! If you have no issues with returning it, then it's worth a shot. They have a clear presentation with some tasteful low-end. ANC is not that great, but at least does something if you need it in a pinch.

Nov 6, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #27,122 of 62,400
OK, fellas. Picked up the JBL Club Pro+ tonight, and wow, these may very well be the best sounding TWS I've ever heard. Full featured, comfortable, excellent EQ, good ANC, and that sound...

Out of the box, the sound is fairly flat, maybe a little sparkle, but just a good, clean sound. With the EQ, I can get the bass to dig super deep and give me some rumble that's amazing coming from a pair of TWS'. Imaging is good and all instruments/sounds have their place. I've been enjoying these for several hours and they are super addicting. Also, took a few calls with no issues. 100% recommend.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/jbl-club-pro-nc-true-wireless-headphone-black/6428333.p?skuId=6428333
Your enjoying the JBL more than the Bose Qc? Im waiting for some of the Holiday sales to happen and get the Bose or Something before the end of the year.

Im still loving the sound of the 85t even with the not so perfect seal. Since you don't mind buying and returning things are you gonna give the 85t a whirl?

Nov 6, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #27,123 of 62,400
I remember trying the Club One over ear some time ago and it was stunning as well. Way too much bass for my liking, but fast and precise bass. The build quality at that price point was insane as well.

Do the Club Pro+ TWS have aptX and/or multi connection. Couldn't see any specifications mentioning it. Anything with aptX and multi connection would be awesome. Otherwise I'll stick with my MTW2.
No, there is no multi-point.

They auto connect via AAC when I pair them with my Galaxy phone. No aptX.

Nov 6, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #27,124 of 62,400
Your enjoying the JBL more than the Bose Qc? Im waiting for some of the Holiday sales to happen and get the Bose or Something before the end of the year.

Im still loving the sound of the 85t even with the not so perfect seal. Since you don't mind buying and returning things are you gonna give the 85t a whirl?
I am enjoying the JBL more than the Bose. The Bose are great, but the JBL sound more "hi-res". Plus, the EQ is very customizable and the drivers can handle whatever you throw at them.

Given the 75t is really good and some say sound better, I'm a little lukewarm on the 85t, especially given I feel the JBL take the 75t's lunch money.

Nov 6, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #27,125 of 62,400
Didn't like the JBLs when I bought them. Returned them the same day. Sound is nice, but everything else is meeh. The buds and the case are too bulky. Hard to take the buds out of the case and I hate touch controls. For me 75Ts are much better package.

Nov 6, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #27,126 of 62,400
OK, fellas. Picked up the JBL Club Pro+ tonight, and wow, these may very well be the best sounding TWS I've ever heard. Full featured, comfortable, excellent EQ, good ANC, and that sound...

Out of the box, the sound is fairly flat, maybe a little sparkle, but just a good, clean sound. With the EQ, I can get the bass to dig super deep and give me some rumble that's amazing coming from a pair of TWS'. Imaging is good and all instruments/sounds have their place. I've been enjoying these for several hours and they are super addicting. Also, took a few calls with no issues. 100% recommend.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/jbl-club-pro-nc-true-wireless-headphone-black/6428333.p?skuId=6428333

How are apps like youtube? not that i really use it but ive seen mentions of echo.

also, radius? im certain they had an iem hit 6 or 7 years ago. could be confusing them, tho

Nov 6, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #27,127 of 62,400
Sitting listening to WH-910N to a jazz track Devil May Care live in Paris by Dianna Krall a nd realized I had just listened to that song using the WF-XB700 and I thought this seems way more engaging???

Ended up doing an A/B comparison and man is there a massive difference between the 2. Everything from the sound stage and imaging, to cymbal reproduction, piano, vocals. Essentially everything was that much more vibrant and engaging on the 910N.

I think it might boil down to the midrange being a bit more forward and upper midrange oriented on the XB700. It just made the vocals a bit to sharp and made the cymbals to noisy taking away dark space from the song if that makes sense.

Also might be showing the benefits of LDAC protocols and a wired left right speaker vs TW, not to mention speaker differences. But reminded me why I still own over ear headphones. :)

Nov 6, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #27,128 of 62,400
Third party tips are problematic with the 85t's because of the very large oval stem. Also, the provided tips have a mesh inside that, I assume, is intended to keep earwax and dirt out of the earphones. Third party tips won't have that.

What I did was follow these instructions: https://www.imore.com/diy-make-your-own-moldable-ear-buds-cheap. I decided to start with Blu-tack (which I had handy) rather than Sugru, because I thought Blu-tack would be more easily removable in case I ultimately decide to return or sell the earphones. With Blu-tack added under the provided large size tips, as described in the article (took about 3 minutes total), the fit and isolation (and comfort) is much improved. YMMV, of course.
Are the stems on the 85t's as large as the Mavin Air-X TWS? Those have about the biggest stems I've ever seen and I was able to find an assortment of tips that fit them.

Nov 6, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #27,129 of 62,400
Sitting listening to WH-910N to a jazz track Devil May Care live in Paris by Dianna Krall a nd realized I had just listened to that song using the WF-XB700 and I thought this seems way more engaging???

Ended up doing an A/B comparison and man is there a massive difference between the 2. Everything from the sound stage and imaging, to cymbal reproduction, piano, vocals. Essentially everything was that much more vibrant and engaging on the 910N.

I think it might boil down to the midrange being a bit more forward and upper midrange oriented on the XB700. It just made the vocals a bit to sharp and made the cymbals to noisy taking away dark space from the song if that makes sense.

Also might be showing the benefits of LDAC protocols and a wired left right speaker vs TW, not to mention speaker differences. But reminded me why I still own over ear headphones. :)

Also a nice big driver with more surface area really can sound nice and not struggle as much as the smaller Sony driver with all the elements it is trying to present. That and moving more air and the interaction with the outer ear that the in-ears can't replicate naturally. Love my Philips SHB7250 for a few reasons including the deal it was for $24 shipped and it has wired option and separate button for pairing besides power and it is a super light 167 grams for an over ear.

Nov 6, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #27,130 of 62,400
How are apps like youtube? not that i really use it but ive seen mentions of echo.
No echo at all. Been watching a lot of news coverage today and sync on YouTube is great with no audio anomalies.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #27,131 of 62,400
Those Phillips look interesting. I had a chance to buy some for around $70 once maybe should have tried those.

The interesting thing about the 910N is they have a 30mm driver which is part of why I bought them. I thought maybe a whole new driver might be better than the standard 40mm they have been using over the past few years.

Nov 6, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #27,132 of 62,400
Those Phillips look interesting. I had a chance to buy some for around $70 once maybe should have tried those.

The interesting thing about the 910N is they have a 30mm driver which is part of why I bought them. I thought maybe a whole new driver might be better than the standard 40mm they have been using over the past few years.

The 30mm is still quite a bit bigger than the 12mm in the XB700 though. :)

No aptX but where else can you get a 167 gram over ear. I just remembered they have NFC so I just put the A26 up to the left earcup and they turn the Philips on and connect them. Also don't have to have the BT on the Sony turned on since the NFC turns it on if it is not activated.

Nov 6, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #27,133 of 62,400
Lol, absolutely a change from 40 to 30 is a big jump, so going from that to 12mm is a serious change :).

Nov 7, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #27,135 of 62,400
Got another Tevi...old one goes to my brother. :ksc75smile:

IMG_20201107_140705.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back