Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 28, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #26,972 of 63,209
I won't bite until I see the measurements. 75t was horrendous is the reason for the hesitation.
agreed. Hoping to see some measurements from enthusiasts.

Oct 28, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #26,973 of 63,209
Really frustrated with the Jabra 85t s. On paper they blow away the 75s, larger driver, hybrid mics, wireless charging,etc. To my layman ears I just can’t see it. It’s like everything they did has a drawback. For example the oval shape is uncomfortable, they lack the balance and pitch adjustability option for ANC, the case is larger for chi charging, they pop and crackle between mode changes. It’s like they are half baked, future updates might help the later. I can look past all that if the sound just blew me away but it doesn’t. I only perceive a slightly wider soundstage and a little more detail. I just can’t justify the cost.
Anyone else feel this way?
were you a fan of the 75t release firmware? I can see how the direction Jabra went with the 85t would not suit you if you like that initial tuning on the 75t

Oct 28, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #26,974 of 63,209
Geez... the best buy website shows stock at a location walking distance from the co-working space I'm at today. I go over there and the system shows 7. After 20 mins of looking everywhere, the staff says it wasn't on the truck. hmmm.

They have plenty of active 75t's. I'm wondering if I should just pick that up since it's at a good price and the anc seems to be pretty good with the recent firmware? Can anyone speak to comfort between the 75t and 85t? I still use the 65t and it fits me fine.

Oct 28, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #26,976 of 63,209
I didn’t have them very long on the original firmware. I do like the current tuning though. I know this isn’t in the plans but ideally I wish they had just brought out a completely different line and kept two different styles. The oval port and open ear design is just too different in my opinion. It’s really strange I know but something about the over ear hanging hook of the AirPod pros combined with their oval tips works but yet the 85t doesn’t for me.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #26,977 of 63,209
Geez... the best buy website shows stock at a location walking distance from the co-working space I'm at today. I go over there and the system shows 7. After 20 mins of looking everywhere, the staff says it wasn't on the truck. hmmm.

They have plenty of active 75t's. I'm wondering if I should just pick that up since it's at a good price and the anc seems to be pretty good with the recent firmware? Can anyone speak to comfort between the 75t and 85t? I still use the 65t and it fits me fine.

I'm having a good experience with the 85ts, but they aren't winning over my N6 for me in the sound enjoyment category (just very good for calls/multipoint/my work use case).
But, never having owned the Active 75ts, I think I'm going to buy them and try them out to compare, as I think I prefer the full seal approach, and would be ok with more bombastic bass even if slightly less refined. I'll try and keep ya'll posted if I reach firm conclusions.

Oct 28, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #26,978 of 63,209

Same thing happened for me, stock clerk found them on a top shelf down the headphone isle. The Best Buy floor plan computer does not have a location for them yet. The 85t s are not comfortable to me but I might have a different ear shape than you.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #26,979 of 63,209
I won't bite until I see the measurements. 75t was horrendous is the reason for the hesitation.
Looking at the 75t and 85t side by side on display at Best Buy, the 85t is definitely larger and I could see how there could be fit issues, especially if the stem is too short.

Oct 28, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #26,980 of 63,209

The Active 75t is on sale at Best Buy for $139, while the over-ear 85h is on sale for $149. I'm seriously considering one of those, just not sure which one yet!

Oct 28, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #26,981 of 63,209
Looking at the 75t and 85t side by side on display at Best Buy, the 85t is definitely larger and I could see how there could be fit issues, especially if the stem is too short.
lol, please post the exact measurements. Did you use a micrometer? If not, not accurate enough! (I'm sure it was a joke, yall know what measurements I'm referring to.)

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #26,982 of 63,209
I just picked the 85T up today. They actually fit me better than the 75T and I do prefer the new tips. Bass is not as pronounced as they are on the 75T which I very much prefer. ANC is about on par with my MTW2 at my house.

Here are a few pics alongside my APP with a Nomad case.

Attachments

• IMG_4189.JPG
    IMG_4189.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4191.JPG
    IMG_4191.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4190.jpg
    IMG_4190.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 5509B793-48F5-4573-9267-36B5AB6F5112.JPG
    5509B793-48F5-4573-9267-36B5AB6F5112.JPG
    937.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #26,983 of 63,209
Here's the craziest thing. I had the regular 75t for a while there and had a chance to audition a friend's active 75t at a certain point as well. Even though I found the regular 75t bass completely bloated and overwhelming, the active 75t's bass was less forward and controlled. Now I didn't have the active for very long to do a true a-b comparison but maybe others who might have checked out both can chime in. In addition to this, I think quality control is a huge issue with the Jabras as well where one might have to go through a few to find the perfect set..

Oct 29, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #26,984 of 63,209
Earfun Air Pros have a surprisingly large soundstage when used with third party tips that seal well (Sedna Earfit Lites currently). The noise cancellation is not great, it's definitely worse than Apollos, mostly reducing the lower frequencies / droning even when dealing with constant noise. I haven't found a super comfortable position, the housing keeps touching my ear at some point and causing discomfort after 30 mins or so.

Other than that, the sounds is pretty alright, it's a bit of a W, with a mild bass boost (more so with ANC on) but good detail retrieval, and as mentioned above, the greatest soundstage of the TWSs I have tried so far. It keeps a good pace with music and despite having accelerometer based gestures, seem to work alright. I haven't tried taking a call with them but recordings seemed fine.

Oct 29, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #26,985 of 63,209
Here's the craziest thing. I had the regular 75t for a while there and had a chance to audition a friend's active 75t at a certain point as well. Even though I found the regular 75t bass completely bloated and overwhelming, the active 75t's bass was less forward and controlled. Now I didn't have the active for very long to do a true a-b comparison but maybe others who might have checked out both can chime in. In addition to this, I think quality control is a huge issue with the Jabras as well where one might have to go through a few to find the perfect set..
Firmware updates changed the sound over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back