Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 19, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #26,671 of 62,387
Picked up a pair of Bose QuietComfort Earbuds over the weekend out of curiosity! Also finally got it working on the coupler and was able to take a measurement. Bass shelf has distortion because I wasn't able to get an airtight seal; I bet it's a good deal more elevated than that in the lower frequencies just from what I'm hearing. Onto some impressions:
  • Enjoying the bass response, most of it is sub-bass. Good bass texturing and dynamic slam. Undeniably some muddiness, but the way the shelf levels off is really nice.
  • Midrange is pretty unremarkable, and the treble dips pretty badly; extension is fairly non-existent.
  • Struggles a lot with imaging in particular. Stage is compressed vertically, depth sounds almost inverted from what I'm used to, and positional cues are limited to left-right placement.
Not a bad tuning overall; they follow something close to neutral-warm with bass boost. Very easy on the ears for sure. Predictably, technicalities is where they fall short.

boseaverage.jpg

Thanks for your impressions man. These are looking like a big disappointment for the price. Not a fan of that design at all either.

Oct 19, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #26,672 of 62,387
The Senns are ace with the new tuning option, I agree - was blown away the other day when out and about with them using this new setting. Surely these are the best sounding TW set on the market?

To answer your question though - I presume they are not mentioned here much because they are far too mainstream and not some obscure Chi-fi random selection of letters thing that costs three dollars.
I actually picked up the MTW2 Anniversary Edition and got them today. Looking forward to testing out that new tuning option.

Oct 19, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #26,673 of 62,387
minor bug bear of mine is the pressure in-ears put on the tragus,
Ayyyy, oversensitive tragus buddies!

Man, the feedback in here about the Earfun Air Pro/Edifier TWS NB2 is not giving me much hope for the pair arriving tomorrow, yikes. Especially the mentions of sibilance. Looks like I'm likely going to be stuck with the FIIL T1 XS and the ridiculous C to A cable plus A to C adapter setup I'm using to charge the damn things.

Oct 19, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #26,674 of 62,387
hey all i just joined today.....next post, i will be looking to you pros for recommedations on the best wireless TWS as of now. I already own the following:

M&D Go -very good
Fiil TXS -very good
Enacafire Air -good
Edifier TW1 -good
Enacifier E18 - subpar

I am looking for the next cool sounding TWS for under $100
And I am also looking for the best sounding TWS for any price range

I got my eye on the Fiil T1 Pro but Im not sure if its enough of a step up vs the T1XS Fiil that I already own

any help would be apreciated

Oct 19, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #26,675 of 62,387
Yeah I get that with my Jabra 65's but only when I'm sitting in our massage chair at home. It's very weird and I have no idea it's only in that one place in my whole house. Phone is two feet away from me at the time
Many of my TWS do this (especially those with Realtek chips) when I have my hand near the top-left corner of my Note 9 where the volume keys are (the Bluetooth modem is around here).

Galaxy Buds+ (Broadcom chip) and QCC3020 devices usually do it only in busy areas.

Oct 19, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #26,676 of 62,387
hey all i just joined today.....next post, i will be looking to you pros for recommedations on the best wireless TWS as of now. I already own the following:

M&D Go -very good
Fiil TXS -very good
Enacafire Air -good
Edifier TW1 -good
Enacifier E18 - subpar

I am looking for the next cool sounding TWS for under $100
And I am also looking for the best sounding TWS for any price range

I got my eye on the Fiil T1 Pro but Im not sure if its enough of a step up vs the T1XS Fiil that I already own

any help would be apreciated
First of all, welcome!

You'll see there is an awesome community here, pretty helpful.

I am no expert, but the best sounding TWS I know and tested is the Soundcore L2P. There is many other great TWS such as the Sennheiser MTW2, AKG N400, Samsung Galaxy Buds+, Nuarl N6/N10 and maybe the upcoming Devialet Gemini I am curious about.

II will let people with more experience help you ;p

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #26,677 of 62,387
The Senns are ace with the new tuning option, I agree - was blown away the other day when out and about with them using this new setting. Surely these are the best sounding TW set on the market?

To answer your question though - I presume they are not mentioned here much because they are far too mainstream and not some obscure Chi-fi random selection of letters thing that costs three dollars.
They're kind of bass heavy though?

Thinking about getting the Tin Hifi T2+ wireless, since they fit my ears and I like the sound. The Moondrop Starfield would be my first choice for sound, but unfortunately they don't fit my left ear...

EDIT: Any idea what the difference between the MTW2 and CX400BT is?

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #26,679 of 62,387
They're kind of bass heavy though?

Thinking about getting the Tin Hifi T2+ wireless, since they fit my ears and I like the sound. The Moondrop Starfield would be my first choice for sound, but unfortunately they don't fit my left ear...

EDIT: Any idea what the difference between the MTW2 and CX400BT is?
the cx400 has no anc and "hear trough" .. but both features are more bad than usefull on the mtw2 . but mtw2 sounds really nice . havent heard the cx400 if the sound is the same. as mentioned before this new "high end tuning" sounds really great

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #26,681 of 62,387
The L2Ps have been seen under $100

Oct 20, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #26,682 of 62,387

Did you try to raise the mids/highs a little in the EQ?

Oct 20, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #26,683 of 62,387
So the ANC update for the Jabra 75Ts was supposed to be out yesterday, has anyone been able to try it ?

Oct 20, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #26,684 of 62,387

Users who are viewing this thread

Back