Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 6, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #26,281 of 63,202
I've been loving the XM3's as my primary TWEs (with only a couple of Chi-Fi options as my backups), but am intrigued by the Bose QC's. I never had the fit problem with the XM3's that many do and I think they are overall a great pair. I love the ambient sound and sound quality in general. With that being said, for people who have tried and liked the XM3's and now have the QC's, how much better would you say the QC's are, and is it worth upgrading?

It's either that or wait for the XM4's.
I would upgrade. The soundstage and instrument separation are better on the Bose QC Earbuds, providing a more immersive experience. I happen to enjoy both Sony's and Bose's house sound, but I think the whole package Bose offers is better (fit, IPX4, call quality, sound).

Hopefully, the XM4 earbuds will have a refined design for more universal comfort and secure fit.

Oct 6, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #26,283 of 63,202
T1XS are just as useful as T1 Pro. I like both

I don't have the Pro either, but I similarly like my T1XS, if not simply for how tiny it is inside the case and how "seamless" they are in "pick-up, drop-a-side, put-both-back-on" use (they are pretty amazingly seamless TBH, a helluva lot better than TWS+ is on the COAs at least).

Annnd, if I haven't raved enough already, that sweet, sweet low latency (they're good enough for casual Gaming, at least for me).

Also I'm internally debating to get the Pros anyway as Scarbir's been pretty clear about how... uhm... ineffective the ANC is on those.

Slightly "improved" sound and wireless charging will be nice to have but yeaaaaahhhh... not sure that's worth pretty much twice what I paid for the T1XS (the lowest price the China sellers on my local web storefront are selling them
T1 Pro at).

Plus the "English" Fiil+ android app doesn't actually support them yet either 🤣

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #26,284 of 63,202
I would upgrade. The soundstage and instrument separation are better on the Bose QC Earbuds, providing a more immersive experience. I happen to enjoy both Sony's and Bose's house sound, but I think the whole package Bose offers is better (fit, IPX4, call quality, sound).

Hopefully, the XM4 earbuds will have a refined design for more universal comfort and secure fit.

If the money isn't an obstacle, having owned both as well, the Bose offers an upgrade in most areas. The biggest weakness of the Sony is fit but you say that's not an issue for you which makes it a closer call but I still think the Bose wins in every category and is a meaningful improvement. If the Sony is a 7, the Bose is an 8.

Oct 6, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #26,285 of 63,202
If the money isn't an obstacle, having owned both as well, the Bose offers an upgrade in most areas. The biggest weakness of the Sony is fit but you say that's not an issue for you which makes it a closer call but I still think the Bose wins in every category and is a meaningful improvement. If the Sony is a 7, the Bose is an 8.
Pictures of the app? What does the EQ look like?

Oct 6, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #26,287 of 63,202
Well the Sony do allow ANC to be turned off (like all other existing ANC TWEs apart from the Bose and the LTA+), this is a complete deal killer for me with the Bose as it only makes them usable in windless/speedless environments.

@Weendog - you might want to read the detailed feedback post I wrote today for the pros and cons of the Bose. The Bose have some strong points but if you're miraculously ok with the XM3s fit I can't see any reason to upgrade. Like there is no reason for me to upgrade from my Amazon Echo Buds and LP2s combo (with a couple of others for specific usage like the X12s and Bomaker IIs !).

Oct 6, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #26,288 of 63,202
Damn, i just bought the T1xs on amazon, thiking it was the Pro. oh well. They seems to get some pretty high marks, so i'm still looking forward to trying they out after my HUGE Tranya M10 disappointment.

I'm starting to notice issues with my Tranya M10 as well..

Have you had any connection issues with VOIP calls on zoom etc on your Tranya M10? My calls have been dropping and losing connection on my 4.2 bluetooth capable laptop even when I'm right next to it. I've also experienced the "thump" effect on calls when yesterday the other party on the call out of the blue asked if I was wearing flip flops (which I was :smirk:)

Oct 6, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #26,289 of 63,202
Well the Sony do allow ANC to be turned off (like all other existing ANC TWEs apart from the Bose and the LTA+), this is a complete deal killer for me with the Bose as it only makes them usable in windless/speedless environments.

@Weendog - you might want to read the detailed feedback post I wrote today for the pros and cons of the Bose. The Bose have some strong points but if you're miraculously ok with the XM3s fit I can't see any reason to upgrade. Like there is no reason for me to upgrade from my Amazon Echo Buds and LP2s combo (with a couple of others for specific usage like the X12s and Bomaker IIs !).
I didn't realize that zero on the slider would still have ANC. Interesting. Will have to give them a try on my bike.

Oct 6, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #26,290 of 63,202
Yeah ZERO is just ambient, sounds like you didn't read my review above :wink: Be ready to have your ears "scractched" when you ride your bike ! It's that painful !

Oct 6, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #26,291 of 63,202

I must have completely generic shaped ears as the XM3s have never budged while in use -- lucky me! My KZ S2's are the only poorly fitting TWEs I own.

Yeah ZERO is just ambient, sounds like you didn't read my review above :wink: Be ready to have your ears "scractched" when you ride your bike ! It's that painful !
ANC "off" is likely one of the more simple firmware upgrades, thankfully. I'd be surprised if that fix doesn't come soon.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #26,292 of 63,202
I've just received the L2P. Since I'm always like a kid when I receive something, I couldn't stop myself and had to do a quick test :darthsmile:

After selecting the left IEM in my phone's Bluetooth list of new device, it connected almost instantly. Powering up the second bud connected it within seconds without me having to do anything. I call this connection as totally nailed, 10 out of 10.

I then tested a track 10 seconds but couldn't bear the slack and extremely boosted bass on it, so I downloaded the app to see if there was an EQ, couldn't remember.
It asked me to update to 1.28 firmware version on the IEM so I stopped the music as requested in the app and let it update. Painless process which took about 2 minutes, after which they rebooted and instantly connected back.

I then went to EQ and decided to test the hear-ID setting on it. After the +/- 3 minute hear-Id procedure, the sound was better sounding to my hear but still had a feeling of the bass being too powerful (easily 6dB+ too strong vs the mids/high) as well as as the bass not sounding tight at all on the 3 tracks I quickly tested. Maybe it has to do with needing more customization in the EQ to lower bass and to let the buds get some burn in, after all they only played about 5 minutes.

Before leaving them, I put back one of the IEM in the case and the other continued playing on the other, which is something I needed occasionally. Great, no issue with this. Time to put back the second bud in and get back to real life chores and work... but before this, a quick swap to my B&O H5 and B&W P7 to make sure of what I heard. Yup, I could instantly confirm my impression about the bass being WAY too heavy on the L2P as well as the soundstage & the vocal presence not being that impressive.

Seems like I did expect more out of it, but at the same time I know I haven't tweaked them yet not gave them time to burn in.

I'll give back more impression later when I had more time to mess around with the EQ to try and fix the bass issue!

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #26,293 of 63,202
I've just received the L2P. Since I'm always like a kid when I receive something, I couldn't stop myself and had to do a quick test :darthsmile:

After selecting the left IEM in my phone's Bluetooth list of new device, it connected almost instantly. Powering up the second bud connected it within seconds without me having to do anything. I call this connection as totally nailed, 10 out of 10.

I then tested a track 10 seconds but couldn't bear the slack and extremely boosted bass on it, so I downloaded the app to see if there was an EQ, couldn't remember.
It asked me to update to 1.28 firmware version on the IEM so I stopped the music as requested in the app and let it update. Painless process which took about 2 minutes, after which they rebooted and instantly connected back.

I then went to EQ and decided to test the hear-ID setting on it. After the +/- 3 minute hear-Id procedure, the sound was better sounding to my hear but still had a feeling of the bass being too powerful (easily 6dB+ too strong vs the mids/high) as well as as the bass not sounding tight at all on the 3 tracks I quickly tested. Maybe it has to do with needing more customization in the EQ to lower bass and to let the buds get some burn in, after all they only played about 5 minutes.

Before leaving them, I put back one of the IEM in the case and the other continued playing on the other, which is something I needed occasionally. Great, no issue with this. Time to put back the second bud in and get back to real life chores and work... but before this, a quick swap to my B&O H5 and B&W P7 to make sure of what I heard. Yup, I could instantly confirm my impression about the bass being WAY too heavy on the L2P as well as the soundstage & the vocal presence not being that impressive.

Seems like I did expect more out of it, but at the same time I know I haven't tweaked them yet not gave them time to burn in.

I'll give back more impression later when I had more time to mess around with the EQ to try and fix the bass issue!
100% agree that they need some time to burn in. At first, I was wondering what the fuss was about. Now they're some of my favorites.

Try some of the preset EQ settings or set your own EQ - the stock sound has a LOT of bass.

Oct 6, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #26,294 of 63,202
My L2P settled down a bit as well but they are a bassy IEM, so are the WF-XB700 from Sony. But the Sony have settled down after a day of use as well so I am am just gently elevating the mids and treble down and a very slight bass reduction (using the EQ in Neutron) or even just turning off the EQ.

Have to do a very serious comparison between the L2P and XB700 soon as I amquite enjoying the XB700.

But over all package, features, etc I think the L2P on sale is better than the XB700 even if I slightly prefer it sonically. Need to do a proper AB comparison though.

Oct 6, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #26,295 of 63,202
100% agree that they need some time to burn in. At first, I was wondering what the fuss was about. Now they're some of my favorites.

Try some of the preset EQ settings or set your own EQ - the stock sound has a LOT of bass.

I've actually let them play while sitting on my monitor stand for the last hour. I quickly tried a few others settings and the bass was better balanced. For now, I've selected Lounge but that might change when I put more time on it and with further burn in.

My L2P settled down a bit as well but they are a bassy IEM, so are the WF-XB700 from Sony. But the Sony have settled down after a day of use as well so I am am just gently elevating the mids and treble down and a very slight bass reduction (using the EQ in Neutron) or even just turning off the EQ.

Have to do a very serious comparison between the L2P and XB700 soon as I amquite enjoying the XB700.

But over all package, features, etc I think the L2P on sale is better than the XB700 even if I slightly prefer it sonically. Need to do a proper AB comparison though.

I haven't used Neutron in a while. Actually bought it for both me and my wife about 10 years ago but let's say that laziness got the upper hand on me and I now simply use Spotify at highest quality download.

I read about some hissing before and it was one of the reason for holding back. I tested back the L2P on the track Mad from Ayelle on Spotify, which is a joy to listen to with the B&W P7 as you can hear her whispering into your ear. On the L2P, there is some very easy to spot hissing on her voice, starting mostly from 30 seconds and later. Would anyone of you 2 check if their L2P exhibit the same behavior? I know I never heard this on my B&O, B&W nor even my cheaper Sennheiser HD450 BT.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back