Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 3, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #26,176 of 62,387
Anyone try the Bose Sport Earbuds? How’s the passive isolation? The marketing piece indicates it seals better.

IIRC, not out till the 15th. Don't see how they are sports buds if they seal even better. Then you get footfall/bone conduction. You lose situational awareness. Maybe call them "Gym" buds but not sports like outside running shooting or whacking a ball around or biking.

Oct 3, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #26,177 of 62,387
Better than ? The QC buds ? We still don't have any feedback here on how they seal, apparently they don't ? Same as the QC20 ?
Hard to say. I know they use the same Stay Hear Max Tips, however, there's no way to turn off the ANC, meaning it's level 10 to 0, which gradually just opens the external mics. I guess I could run out the batteries and then try, but I might just buy the Black Sport version instead. I do need a new gym TWS...

Oct 3, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #26,178 of 62,387
The sound quality....oh my god! These are SENSATIONAL!!!! Mostly I sit there nodding my head doing my tests. Nah....dancing around the living room to She's On The Phone by St Etienne, bass on Wiz Khalifa is crystal clear and intense...even Douglas Hubbard reading The Failures of Risk Management is putting a smile on my face!!

You’re killing me, man! Here I was happy with my T1 XS, and now I’m back to being jealous again...

Oct 3, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #26,179 of 62,387
@hifi80sman - Ah yes, it makes it hard to compare and more importantly that's a bit of a bummer not being able to turn off ANC as the mics are likely to pick up wind noise when it's windy or when riding a bike.

@jant71 - good point about "sports" earbuds vs "gym" earbuds. For running if you can't stand "thumping" (I can't) you'll need the earbud style like the X12/Apple Earpods/Airpods. Most people don't like them because they don't isolate so don't work for the gym. That's where isolating earbuds like the Bomaker SiFi II come in. But what if you run on a treadmill in a gym ? :wink:

Oct 3, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #26,180 of 62,387
Some thoughts about new Bose CQ earbuds after one day of heavy usage:
I like it a lot
+
Superb sound quality.
Best resolution and instrument separation I heard in TWS so far.
Not for bass heads, but just enough bass for everybody else.
Huge soundstage.
Best ANC I experienced in TWS so far. Better when APP and Sony. I went outside for a walk and didn't hear the cars passing by at all when the music was playing.
6 hours on single charge. Didn't test it properly yet, but I think with 100% ANC on its less. (5 hours maybe)
Very comfortable fit. Not moving at all. Was wearing them for 6 hours straight without any discomfort.
BT connection is rock solid. My phone was on the second floor and I was still connected in the basement.
I like the touch controls. Just what I need: play, pause, skip the track, auto pause when taking out of the ear. Don't care about volume control much.

-
Huge case (Bose could make it smaller)
Earbuds look big and weird in ears. Not big deal for me, don't care about what other people think.
And of course PRICE. But if you like your music to sound great and without outside noise when they cost less when MTW 2 and IMHO Bose sounds better.

How would you compare them to the Nuarl N6 Pros ? I have those and would be interested in your opinion. Thanks!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #26,181 of 62,387
The resolution and instrument separation on Bose are better when Nuarls imho. They just sound cleaner.

Oct 3, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #26,183 of 62,387
People should also state the implementation. Bose vs. Nuarl SBC or aptX or what? If with solid aptX implementation the Nuarl jumps up again then one might say, What? I thought the Bose sounded better. Fine if the Bose outright sound better but have to make sure there are no caveats in effect. :)

Oct 3, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #26,184 of 62,387
You're right. Maybe with aptX Nuarl will sound better. I don't know. I can only test it with AAC on my Iphone. And on AAC the Bose sounds better to my ears.

Oct 3, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #26,185 of 62,387
You’re killing me, man! Here I was happy with my T1 XS, and now I’m back to being jealous again...
I like both of them. In fact, I love both of them. Gonna try and use the t1 Pro in bed tonight so I don't have to listen to Sam and Billy Faiers mummy diaries...they are doing OK so far

Oct 3, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #26,186 of 62,387
Well, I went ahead and did it. The Bose Sport are semi-open, similar to the originals, which is what I was expecting. They are lighter and are VERY comfortable. Sound is very similar, however, there is a greater sense of space due to the semi-open nature. They were obviously designed to maintain some awareness, which is a scenario I can use them for. My wife tends to feel the need to talk to me when I'm listening to music, so these will work for those cases. :)

IMG_2809.jpg

Oct 4, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #26,187 of 62,387
Well, I went ahead and did it. The Bose Sport are semi-open, similar to the originals, which is what I was expecting. They are lighter and are VERY comfortable. Sound is very similar, however, there is a greater sense of space due to the semi-open nature. They were obviously designed to maintain some awareness, which is a scenario I can use them for. My wife tends to feel the need to talk to me when I'm listening to music, so these will work for those cases. :)
At this point I feel like we should intervene and share some addiction resources.. :D

Oct 4, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #26,188 of 62,387

wow, this arrived rather quick!
ordered it on 28th last month (and shipped on 31st), and today it has arrived.
time to do some testing
I saw you bought the bt20s pro earhooks. I also just got mine, I bought the .75mm-S 2pin and it fit my ZAX connector.
20201003_215151.jpg
As you can see, it is more secure with the S model than the regular. I have ordered another pair for the matte black pair.

Oct 4, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #26,189 of 62,387
I saw you bought the bt20s pro earhooks. I also just got mine, I bought the .75mm-S 2pin and it fit my ZAX connector.

As you can see, it is more secure with the S model than the regular. I have ordered another pair for the matte black pair.

Does the male end of the ear hooks fit the female end of the .75 2-pin S?

Wondering if the BT20S connector side is a standard QDC type 2-pin, which would mean making custom ear hooks easier.

Oct 4, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #26,190 of 62,387
Does the male end of the ear hooks fit the female end of the .75 2-pin S?

Wondering if the BT20S connector side is a standard QDC type 2-pin, which would mean making custom ear hooks easier.
You mean like this?
20201003_221520.jpg
20201003_221611.jpg20201003_221623.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back