Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 2, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #26,146 of 62,434
The Bose started showing up at best buys around me yesterday. I am going to pick up tomorrow. Anyone else get them?

Also got an email for a new Grado tws set today. Looks interesting but 250 is steep.
Yep, picked them up yesterday at Best Buy. I like them. Pretty much excellent ANC, probably the best in a TWS that I've experienced, while the sound is engaging and spacious for a TWS. That being said, it really sucks there is no track rewind (you can skip tracks) or volume control. Also, because I'm OCD, the LED on the left ear bud is a little brighter and slight shade off from the right earbud. I'm not sure if that's the way all of them are, but it bothers me so much I might return the Black color I got for the Soapstone!

The Grado TWS look kind of like an off-the-shelf re-brand.

Oct 2, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #26,147 of 62,434
Yep, picked them up yesterday at Best Buy. I like them. Pretty much excellent ANC, probably the best in a TWS that I've experienced, while the sound is engaging and spacious for a TWS. That being said, it really sucks there is no track rewind (you can skip tracks) or volume control. Also, because I'm OCD, the LED on the left ear bud is a little brighter and slight shade off from the right earbud. I'm not sure if that's the way all of them are, but it bothers me so much I might return the Black color I got for the Soapstone!

The Grado TWS look kind of like an off-the-shelf re-brand.
Thanks man. Do you feel the bose is worth the money? I'm in the mood for a fun sounding tws and anc is nice for my indoor workouts with fans all around me. Agree on grado, I started to click through until I saw they look like 20 dollar chifi stuff. They certainly may have poured the money into the sound and Grado has a strong reputation but I'm gonna pass until someone says they sound like an angel.

Oct 2, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #26,148 of 62,434
@hifi80sman There are some conflicting reports on YT about isolation, some claim passive isolation is superb but that as result you hear yourself breathing and all your steps when walking (the walker's thump after the runner's thump ?!) and others claims there is very little passive isolation to speak of...which would make sense since that's how the QC20 work...and for TWEs the APPs.

That latter approach works great in planes where you only really need to cancel the low droning sounds but in the subway or in the street this is a poor solution due to all the "odd noises" that ANC algorithms cannot counteract efficiently. That's why I'm so pleased with the Amazon Echo Buds that have stellar passive isolation that's "boosted" by the ANR to offer the best overall isolation solution I've experienced with MTW2 just a bit below that as well as the XM3s (provided you ram them deep in your ear to get a good seal that won't break and that's a bit painful !)

Oct 2, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #26,149 of 62,434
Thanks man. Do you feel the bose is worth the money? I'm in the mood for a fun sounding tws and anc is nice for my indoor workouts with fans all around me. Agree on grado, I started to click through until I saw they look like 20 dollar chifi stuff. They certainly may have poured the money into the sound and Grado has a strong reputation but I'm gonna pass until someone says they sound like an angel.
I like the sound. In comparison to the APP, bass is deeper with more visceral impact, mids/vocals shine through a bit more, and the highs are rolled off a bit to give you enough detail, but without the slight raspy quality the APP can have on some tracks. Overall, the sound is smooth and spacious and quite enjoyable to listen to for hours. Fit is secure and I have no issues when active. The APP can begin to slip a little when I workout.

If you can live with the limited controls (for now, hopefully they will update), they are worth the price premium over the APP when it comes to sound and secure fit.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #26,150 of 62,434
If you can live with the limited controls (for now, hopefully they will update), they are worth the price premium over the APP when it comes to sound and secure fit.
Thanks. Since I have the APP and the Galaxy Live already I need these like a hole in my head.

Oct 2, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #26,151 of 62,434
Thanks. Since I have the APP and the Galaxy Live already I need these like a hole in my head.
FYI, the case is also on the bulky side.

IMG_2794.jpgIMG_2795.jpg

Oct 2, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #26,152 of 62,434
I like the sound. In comparison to the APP, bass is deeper with more visceral impact, mids/vocals shine through a bit more, and the highs are rolled off a bit to give you enough detail, but without the slight raspy quality the APP can have on some tracks. Overall, the sound is smooth and spacious and quite enjoyable to listen to for hours. Fit is secure and I have no issues when active. The APP can begin to slip a little when I workout.

How's the app? EQ?

Oct 2, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #26,153 of 62,434
A bit of info on the Fiil T1 Pro (with ANC) that I stumbled upon while tweaking away the T1XS on the Fiil+ app (in case it hasn't been shared already).

6gWgt1H.jpg

Mind the sheety Google Lens translation 🤣

ANC + Wireless Charging? Sounds like an interesting "upgrade" to the T1X (and XS), and if I can find a pair at a good price (say below USD80) I might consider getting them.

As for my T1XS, the monitor mode is pretty useful, and latency in "Game" mode is surprisingly even better than my L2P on AptX.

But I'm probably spoiled by the imaging and spaciousness of the L2P for music (and also that sparkle + thump of the BA+DD), as I legitimately prefer it over the T1XS, at least for the bulk of the music I hear (Trance, EDM).

Not that the T1XS is bad or anything, like I'm actually pretty surprised at how competent it is for a single driver, non-Qualcomm (and thus AptX-less) TWS (at literally more than 1/2 the price).

For one, it blows my (slightly pricier even after the recent COVID discount) Creative Outlier Air clear out of the water, even with the AptX and True Wireless Plus support on the COA.

So yeah, it's a keeper still, especially for my mobile gaming (the lower latency is nice), and for more "general" use (especially for playlist that mesh badly with the sparkly-thumpy L2P).

Also the Fiil+ "Custom EQ" drops volume levels when used (for some reason, it doesn't happen with the presets), so it's pretty much useless for sound tweaking (prolly better to use Viper or Wavelet). Finally, while the case is TINY, it also feels rather flimsy IMHO.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #26,155 of 62,434
A bit of info on the Fiil T1X Pro (with ANC) that I stumbled upon while tweaking away the T1XS on the Fiil+ app (in case it hasn't been shared already).

6gWgt1H.jpg

Mind the sheety Google Lens translation 🤣

ANC + Wireless Charging? Sounds like an interesting "upgrade" to the T1X (and XS), and if I can find a pair at a good price (say below USD80) I might consider getting them.

As for my T1XS, the monitor mode is pretty useful, and latency in "Game" mode is surprisingly even better than my L2P on AptX.

But I'm probably spoiled by the imaging and spaciousness of the L2P for music (and also that sparkle + thump of the BA+DD), as I legitimately prefer it over the T1XS, at least for the bulk of the music I hear (Trance, EDM).

Not that the T1XS is bad or anything, like I'm actually pretty surprised at how competent it is for a single driver, non-Qualcomm (and thus AptX-less) TWS (at literally more than 1/2 the price).

For one, it blows my (slightly pricier even after the recent COVID discount) Creative Outlier Air clear out of the water, even with the AptX and True Wireless Plus support on the COA.

So yeah, it's a keeper still, especially for my mobile gaming (the lower latency is nice), and for more "general" use (especially for playlist that mesh badly with the sparkly-thumpy L2P).

As for cons: the Fiil+ app's "Custom EQ" drops volume levels when used (for some reason, it doesn't happen with the presets), so it's pretty much useless for sound tweaking (prolly better to use Viper or Wavelet). Finally, while the case is TINY, it also feels rather flimsy IMHO.

Bart just reviewed them and he puts them up there with some of the best ones.

https://www.scarbir.com/tws/fiil-t1-pro-review

Edit: Wait, What? Fiil T1X Pro? I'm assuming you mean the Fiil T1 Pro.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #26,156 of 62,434
Bart just reviewed them and he puts them up there with some of the best ones.

https://www.scarbir.com/tws/fiil-t1-pro-review

Just saw, but ANC is supposedly pretty bad so I feel like keeping clear. The price it's listed at is pretty interesting tho, as is always with Fiil stuff.

And sorry, T1 Pro. I must have mistyped or something (corrected).

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #26,157 of 62,434
Just got notification that my Bose QCE shipped ! Can't wait to get them and find out if they do or do not have passive isolation.

Oct 2, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #26,158 of 62,434
So, what's my best option currently for a wireless IEM with ANC good enough for in-plane usage that's available now via Amazon Prime?

I notice the T1XS is available for $60, but judging from reports I'm not sure the noise cancelling does too well. The new Bose won't be out in time (trip is next week). Suggestions for good flying buds?

Maybe the Edifier NB2? Even though it's $100 on Amazon vs $80 on AliE.
Hey dude, my Bose TWS just arrived and I have to say, they sound pretty amazing. I'm not an audiophile but they crush my N6P's. Not up there with my Lola's or Audeze cans thought (haha) noise canceling is amazing.

I don't have any of the other high end TWS though like the Sennheiser's. As soon as I can get my hands on the N10's I'll be able to compare side by side.

Oct 2, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #26,159 of 62,434
Just got notification that my Bose QCE shipped ! Can't wait to get them and find out if they do or do not have passive isolation.
Yep, mine just arrived by UPS today. I do wish they had volume control but I'll be really interested to hear what other people think of them. Really good separation and super clear. Female vocals sound especially amazing

Oct 2, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #26,160 of 62,434
Hey dude, my Bose TWS just arrived and I have to say, they sound pretty amazing. I'm not an audiophile but they crush my N6P's. Not up there with my Lola's or Audeze cans thought (haha) noise canceling is amazing.

I don't have any of the other high end TWS though like the Sennheiser's. As soon as I can get my hands on the N10's I'll be able to compare side by side.
What about them crushes the N6P?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back