Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 2, 2020 at 2:04 AM Post #26,133 of 62,431
Oct 2, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #26,134 of 62,431
No news about my order from Bose FR so far...

Some first unboxings/reviews are appearing :

Take aways :
- pi$s poor controls
- bulky box
- good ANC
- tight sealing apparently (so unlike the QC-20 strangely or APPs or Bold) with the FLIPSIDE being "walker's thump" or even "breather's thump" in this case !

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #26,135 of 62,431
Detailed Mic quality comparisons and the Bose are...just ok

Oct 2, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #26,137 of 62,431
Not sure if this really fits into this thread: Bose Sleepbuds
Who else has them?
I have 'unearthed' mine again after a pretty long time, somehow I had expected more from them in the noises department. I actually find way more good relaxing / masking stuff in an iOS app called aptly "Noise"
Anyhoo, surprise surprise, I am just seeing in my app updates that they update the Bose SleepApp to accommodate a new MK2 of the sleepbuds! Coming out in a few days. From the promo video it looks like pretty much the same thing .. maybe a bit longer battery life ...

Discuss :D

Oct 2, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #26,138 of 62,431
this is a cool idea, integrating a TWS on a laptop
05_Thinkbook_15_Hero_Display_Keyboard_Ports-e1601301438653-1446x1536.png

https://mspoweruser.com/lenovo-thinkbook-laptop-lineup-2020/amp/
This is actually really far from being a 'cool' idea :)

This is space hogging nonsense :D

Oct 2, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #26,140 of 62,431

I actually agree 🤣

That space is prolly a lot better utilised for something like twin memory card slots of something (should be REALLY useful for photogs/videogs, niche as it is).

On another note, I'm back to my other home, so yeah, time to unbox that T1XS.

dLGisvg.jpg

Ignore that tiny shipment bump on the bottom.

First impressions? Box is tiny, the T1XS case is even TINIER. Like the L2P case absolutely dwarfs it side by side. The choice of materials for the case is a tad suspect tho, as the smooth glossy finish makes it feel... cheap (nothing the liberal application of carbon fiber sticker won't help however).

o0SXTSl.jpg

Now charging it for a bit before testing. Time for some random A-Bing.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #26,141 of 62,431

i said it was a cool idea, not saying it's done right :sweat_smile: :joy:

i imagined maybe in the future they would utilize laptop speakers to be detachable and be turned into some sort of TWS units when needed, who knows. at least that "CD tray TWS idea" they had is a step somewhere

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #26,142 of 62,431
The Bose started showing up at best buys around me yesterday. I am going to pick up tomorrow. Anyone else get them?

Also got an email for a new Grado tws set today. Looks interesting but 250 is steep.

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #26,143 of 62,431
Not sure if this really fits into this thread: Bose Sleepbuds
Who else has them?
I have 'unearthed' mine again after a pretty long time, somehow I had expected more from them in the noises department. I actually find way more good relaxing / masking stuff in an iOS app called aptly "Noise"
Anyhoo, surprise surprise, I am just seeing in my app updates that they update the Bose SleepApp to accommodate a new MK2 of the sleepbuds! Coming out in a few days. From the promo video it looks like pretty much the same thing .. maybe a bit longer battery life ...

Discuss :D
I had the first gen. They were a godsend with my toddler waking me up at night. I had a lot of battery issues and after 4 replacements, I wound up just selling the last replacement. That said, I pre-ordered the 2nd gen. Supposedly, they fixed the issues. If so, I'm beyond excited.

Oct 2, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #26,144 of 62,431
Oct 2, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #26,145 of 62,431
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back