Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 4, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #26,206 of 62,573
Very close. The QC sound a bit fuller with a little more impactful bass. The Sport sound slightly more spacious with the sound a little more outside the headspace. They both sound great. Keepers and at the top of my TWS list.

Can you explain how the Sport controls work and how well. Volume change work smooth, any track control like rewind left out?

Oct 4, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #26,207 of 62,573
Can you explain how the Sport controls work and how well. Volume change work smooth, any track control like rewind left out?
No volume control. Track skip on the Sport is double tap left vs. press and hold for the QC. There is no track rewind. Play/Pause/Answer Call is double tap on right side. Assistant is press and hold on right side.

Oct 4, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #26,208 of 62,573
No volume control. Track skip on the Sport is double tap left vs. press and hold for the QC. There is no track rewind. Play/Pause/Answer Call is double tap on right side. Assistant is press and hold on right side.

So if I am at the courts early and have my clip player clipped on the fence and am either tracking a ball I whacked to the other side of the court or I am running full court on the basketball court and I am 50 plus feet away and my next podcast isn't loud enough or I want to crank up the music I have to wait till I go back to my player. Can't rewind if that track hits the spot and I want to "play it one more time". This is 2020 where is the convenience? :) Can't spend $$$ and lose usability.

Oct 4, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #26,209 of 62,573
So if I am at the courts early and have my clip player clipped on the fence and am either tracking a ball I whacked to the other side of the court or I am running full court on the basketball court and I am 50 plus feet away and my next podcast isn't loud enough or I want to crank up the music I have to wait till I go back to my player. Can't rewind if that track hits the spot and I want to "play it one more time". This is 2020 where is the convenience? :) Can't spend $$$ and lose usability.
Completely understand. I enjoy them quite a bit, so I'll live with those issues. Their forums indicate they're "exploring" adding the functionality, but no official news yet.

Oct 4, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #26,210 of 62,573
Got my Bose QC's. Very wide soundstage. Clear, seemingly accurate sound. Bases is typical from Bose. Not for bass-heads. But definitely for my metal. ANC comparable or better than the APP depending on seal. Big buds, big case. Wireless charging. Auto pause when removed. No volume control unless you use Siri or the like. Guessing they'll update that feature. They should. Fit is very good. Not heavy like the first Gen. Tap controls work flawlessly for me. Calls work fine.

IMG_3905.jpeg
IMG_3904.jpeg
IMG_3906.jpeg

Oct 4, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #26,212 of 62,573
Got my Bose QC's. Very wide soundstage. Clear, seemingly accurate sound. Bases is typical from Bose. Not for bass-heads. But definitely for my metal. ANC comparable or better than the APP depending on seal. Big buds, big case. Wireless charging. Auto pause when removed. No volume control unless you use Siri or the like. Guessing they'll update that feature. They should. Fit is very good. Not heavy like the first Gen. Tap controls work flawlessly for me. Calls work fine.

IMG_3905.jpegIMG_3904.jpegIMG_3906.jpeg

Have your tried the Klipsch T5 II? I want to pick up a set of either of these two. Thanks for the impressions.

Oct 4, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #26,213 of 62,573

IMG_3905.jpegIMG_3904.jpegIMG_3906.jpeg
Out of curiosity, is the LED on the left earbud a little brighter than the right?

Oct 4, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #26,214 of 62,573
Have your tried the Klipsch T5 II? I want to pick up a set of either of these two. Thanks for the impressions.
I have both models. I think I posted impressions in a different post here. I can't stop using them. I love them. SO much I bought the zippo case version too.

Oct 4, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #26,216 of 62,573
Out of curiosity, is the LED on the left earbud a little brighter than the right?
Not that I can see. I did notice that the left loses charge faster, so maybe it's the master vs the slave. Unsure.

Oct 4, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #26,217 of 62,573
So you find the bose to be the better overall set?
Pros and cons for both. Klipsch have volume control and one tap transparency mode. Bose has no volume controls (yet) and you have to scroll through taps for "favorites" regarding the transparency mode. Klipsch go in your ear, Bose sit on your ears and do not go in deep. Klipsch are much smaller, Bose are bigger. Bose has ANC, Klipsch has passive isolation. Both have really great sound. The Klipsch cases are much nicer. The zippo version is very solid. The McClaren version is solid, waterproof and has wireless charging. Both have apps. The Klipsch can be EQ'd within the app, the Bose cannot. I haven't done major outdoors walking to test for dropouts on any of these. Both earbuds are second gen - it's clear the manufacturers learned a lot from their first gen mistakes. So, again, it's really hard to say. It's personal preference. If you don't want to shell out $279 for the Bose, go with the zippo Klipsch and I don't think you'd be disappointed. But you can't really go wrong with either IMO.

Oct 4, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #26,218 of 62,573
I love mine for the sound as well. Regard fit, I am using spin fits and they work well. The rest of the package is pretty meh but they do more right than wrong and overall sq is superb. Changing topics, I was perusing Best Buy's website last night waiting for my Bose to ship and noticed a dozen or more reviews on them. I preordered pretty quickly. Anyone know how/how there are reviews already? Has anyone received them yet? Bose was supposed to ship tomorrow and BB is showing 10/8. Are these like freebees? If so, where do I sign up?
hey hey hey! I got the Bose friday... a few thoughts...

I love the locking case. I’m clumsy and I was constantly dropping my NUARL And jabra cases and crawling on the floor looking for them

the noise can is awesome - on par with or better than the Sony and the sound is an order of magnitude better. But I haven’t tried the Senn’s or other high end ANC TWS’s

Loving the sound. If you want super loud buds that can burst your eardrums, these don’t get quite that loud. I find myself turning the volume up to like 80% on classical. but more than loud enough for white zombie and Metallica at the gym today

fit is excellent with the large tips. Haven’t popped out once while chewing, working out. i‘ll let you know how they do running tomorrow

hopefully that’s helping info! I’m not an audio expert but I’m definitely digging these things

Oct 4, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #26,219 of 62,573
Pros and cons for both. Klipsch have volume control and one tap transparency mode. Bose has no volume controls (yet) and you have to scroll through taps for "favorites" regarding the transparency mode. Klipsch go in your ear, Bose sit on your ears and do not go in deep. Klipsch are much smaller, Bose are bigger. Bose has ANC, Klipsch has passive isolation. Both have really great sound. The Klipsch cases are much nicer. The zippo version is very solid. The McClaren version is solid, waterproof and has wireless charging. Both have apps. The Klipsch can be EQ'd within the app, the Bose cannot. I haven't done major outdoors walking to test for dropouts on any of these. Both earbuds are second gen - it's clear the manufacturers learned a lot from their first gen mistakes. So, again, it's really hard to say. It's personal preference. If you don't want to shell out $279 for the Bose, go with the zippo Klipsch and I don't think you'd be disappointed. But you can't really go wrong with either IMO.

Klipsch does have the ANC model as well. Supposed to be $299.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back