Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 5, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #26,237 of 62,436
are you using TWS+ enabled phones with your BT20S ? i use older phones that don't support it, and usually it will register the unit (or any qualcomm TWS+ unit) two times. i just rename them by adding L and R (you can tell which one by listening to the beep/prompt when connected), and just switch them from the phone' bluetooth list, so no need to turn them off and on again

on the BT20S Pro on the other hand, it would only register 1 name

Nope. Same as yours.

The SoC (snapdragon 845) hardware supports it but Google hasn't enabled it in the software (pixel 3 xl).

When you tap to switch masters, does the BT20S say disconnected and then connected in the opposite ear of when you turn them on?

Oct 5, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #26,238 of 62,436
what do you think of the pros? also where did you buy yours? all these people coming out and saying theirs is a-ok is definitely making me reconsider now lol. I'm between the ibasso and the TRN pro

i quite like it, much improved compared to the older version in my opinion, especially on the ease of use (the case really makes a big difference for me), less noise, and also more versatility because of the detachable connectors.

i opted of buying the Pros instead of the Ibasso, mainly because the Ibasso has less battery life, non detachable wire (and only have mmcx version), and also priced higher.

Oct 5, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #26,239 of 62,436
Can't
Nope. Same as yours.

The SoC (snapdragon 845) hardware supports it but Google hasn't enabled it in the software (pixel 3 xl).

When you tap to switch masters, does the BT20S say disconnected and then connected in the opposite ear of when you turn them on?
So I tried to do this test where I connect both sides to my s20plus. Whichever side that you take out first from the case, will become the "master". Lets say the right side is the master, then when I put the left side back into the case, it will make a 3x chimes, but no disconnect on the right side. If I put the right side (master), then the left side will disconnect for 2 sec and reconnect to my phone and become the "master".

Oct 5, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #26,240 of 62,436
Nope. Same as yours.

it will usually connect to the side that's last paired, so if the last time i paired the Left as master, then it will automatically pair to that one the next time i turn them on.

also it usually decide which side to be the master depending on which one turned on first, so for instance if i turn on Right side first, then then Left, the Right will be the Master unit

Oct 5, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #26,241 of 62,436
Can't

So I tried to do this test where I connect both sides to my s20plus. Whichever side that you take out first from the case, will become the "master". Lets say the right side is the master, then when I put the left side back into the case, it will make a 3x chimes, but no disconnect on the right side. If I put the right side (master), then the left side will disconnect for 2 sec and reconnect to my phone and become the "master".

so it's the same with the BT20S Pro, in fact it's easier, we just have to switch them up which side we take out first

Oct 5, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #26,242 of 62,436
it will usually connect to the side that's last paired, so if the last time i paired the Left as master, then it will automatically pair to that one the next time i turn them on.

also it usually decide which side to be the master depending on which one turned on first, so for instance if i turn on Right side first, then then Left, the Right will be the Master unit

Hmmm.

When I power both my BT20S off and then back on, whichever side has more battery becomes the master. Not whichever was last connected.

I do them at the same time, doing them individually would give different results. As the first one powered on will connect as a master as it won't find the other side and will automatically pair.

Oct 5, 2020 at 12:51 AM Post #26,243 of 62,436
Hmmm.

When I power both my BT20S off and then back on, whichever side has more battery becomes the master. Not whichever was last connected.

I do them at the same time, doing them individually would give different results. As the first one powered on will connect as a master as it won't find the other side and will automatically pair.
With the pro, since you don't have to press anything to turn it off and on. It will just set the master to whichever side you take it out (basically it turn on automatically) first. The next step up upgrade should be like samsung galaxy buds where you can just put either side back into the case and there is no disconnect and reconnect whichever side you put back.

Oct 5, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #26,244 of 62,436
Hmmm.

i rarely powered them at the same time, usually i turned on the unit that i want as the master first, then the second one (with usually one second difference between turning on the first to second unit)

i already sold all my BT20S, so i can't test your scenario anymore :sweat_smile:

Oct 5, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #26,246 of 62,436
Some thoughts about new Bose CQ earbuds after one day of heavy usage:
I like it a lot
+
Superb sound quality.
Best resolution and instrument separation I heard in TWS so far.
Not for bass heads, but just enough bass for everybody else.
Huge soundstage.
Best ANC I experienced in TWS so far. Better when APP and Sony. I went outside for a walk and didn't hear the cars passing by at all when the music was playing.
6 hours on single charge. Didn't test it properly yet, but I think with 100% ANC on its less. (5 hours maybe)
Very comfortable fit. Not moving at all. Was wearing them for 6 hours straight without any discomfort.
BT connection is rock solid. My phone was on the second floor and I was still connected in the basement.
I like the touch controls. Just what I need: play, pause, skip the track, auto pause when taking out of the ear. Don't care about volume control much.

-
Huge case (Bose could make it smaller)
Earbuds look big and weird in ears. Not big deal for me, don't care about what other people think.
And of course PRICE. But if you like your music to sound great and without outside noise when they cost less when MTW 2 and IMHO Bose sounds better.
Although I wouldn't say ANC is better than APP, I agree it's the best TWS I've heard so far. The bass is pretty impressive for TWS, and sound stage definitely is quite large. One of the largest I've heard. Because there's a Youtube reviewer I've seen with quite the imagination of how big sound stages on TWS (so I don't believe a thing from his impressions), but this one is large without a doubt.

The FR doesn't have anything annoying like M&D, MTW, or many others out there. Just a nonfitiguing experience. I would highly recommend.

Curious how the FR would look, but I don't forsee peaks showing up, but there maybe gap in the upper frequencies as it doesn't sound completely full of the spectrum in the upper frequencies.

Need to test out how good it's for call though. Not definitive on call quality.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #26,247 of 62,436
Just opened my Tranya M10's.

First Impressions, Excellent Sound Stage, they are wide open. Really comfy and I personally really like the push button design. They have some REALLY punchy deep bass in bass mode and the mids nice and fat. Normal mode is not bad, but the mids are pushed way forward. Here's my gripe. They highs are veiled AGAIN, just like the T10. Damnit Tranya. They are missing that sparkle on the high end and the highs sound a bit muffled. I'm really hoping with some burn in they open up a bit, because they really do sound awesome. Another note, the max volume isn't very high, I can comfortably turn this up to one click under max on my XS Max. I'm going to try some different tips and do some burn in. Overall, I think if you enjoy a warmer sound TWS and good puncy bass akin to the L2P's, you'll like these. I think they actually have more bass than the L2p, but they pretty much lack all the high end, oh and they are very mid-rangey. VERY.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #26,248 of 62,436
Black version of Soundcore L2P on discount with 10hrs to go at 129$ cad (roughly 100USD) on Amazon.ca
Is it worth snagging it up?
1601928441303.png

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #26,249 of 62,436
Hi All,

Just joined Head-Fi! Wanted to get some opinions on next buy:

I primarily use iPhone and laptop for music, used the original AirPods and loved the convenience of connecting and having wireless earphones, now I'm looking to upgrade. The obvious choice would be air pods pro but a little hesitant about the sound quality (used to be into headphones and as a beginner had ATH M50, Grado but then took a break because of the money it would cost)

Here are a few that I'm looking at

MW07 plus
Momentum True Wireless 2
Libratone Track+ SE
B&O E8 3.0
Sony WF1000XM3

Priorities are sound quality, ease of use, noise cancelling is not a huge factor. I primarily listen to EDM (don't necessarily need the strongest bass but can't be lacking too much), vocals, sometimes instrumentals but also listen to many other genres.

The more I read the more it seems that the sound quality of Bluetooth can't go that high, so then I thought about over ears that have bluetooth but I can also plug in
PX7
H9 3.0
Momentum 3

Please provide any recommendations or thoughts?

Oct 5, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #26,250 of 62,436
Just opened my Tranya M10's.

First Impressions, Excellent Sound Stage, they are wide open. Really comfy and I personally really like the push button design. They have some REALLY punchy deep bass in bass mode and the mids nice and fat. Normal mode is not bad, but the mids are pushed way forward. Here's my gripe. They highs are veiled AGAIN, just like the T10. Damnit Tranya. They are missing that sparkle on the high end and the highs sound a bit muffled. I'm really hoping with some burn in they open up a bit, because they really do sound awesome. Another note, the max volume isn't very high, I can comfortably turn this up to one click under max on my XS Max. I'm going to try some different tips and do some burn in. Overall, I think if you enjoy a warmer sound TWS and good puncy bass akin to the L2P's, you'll like these. I think they actually have more bass than the L2p, but they pretty much lack all the high end, oh and they are very mid-rangey. VERY.
That makes me sad. I enjoyed the sound of the B530 much more than the T10. I was really hoping these would be a B530 with more bass!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back