Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 1, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #26,101 of 62,747
If you're in the US (or the UK) I would recommend the Amazon Echo Buds, very decent SQ and best in class overall isolation thanks to the stellar passive isolation and "Bose ANR". Actually they isolate just as well as my QC25 cans. Earbuds like the Apple Airpods Pro have more impressive ANC but that's because they don't isolate passively very much at all and overall they can't compete. The Echo Buds are a well kept secret, due to limited distribution but also it seems because people hate the "old school" microUSB plug, something I have a bit of a hard to understand TBH...sure USB C is more convenient but it's really not the end of the world to have a microUSB cable handy !
AptX?

Oct 1, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #26,102 of 62,747
Meant no offense, it was simply suspicious for someone (who wrote like someone who have knowledge about IEM as either a regular poster or long time lurker) to join simply to write about 1 very specific TWS, giving a discount code for it and not even saying where they are coming from.
Saw shills in altcoin so many time, I'd call my reaction a side effect from previous experiences :wink:

No offense taken as in hindsight I should have introduced myself as a newbie as well. Just an FYI: Even though they're not that popular here, the original Bomaker Sifis are my SQ all time favorite TWS so far although I've gone through 4 of them due to water/ sweat damage. Atrocious call quality and a dubious IP rating aside..:smirk:

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #26,103 of 62,747
Still waiting on my TWSNB2 from ali. They haven't registered in custom yet. It has been 22 days already.

Stuff like this makes me slightly happier than Shopee does direct China sales where I am. Especially after having my T1XS delivered to me (well, to my other house anyway, still gotta wait for tomorrow to actually be able to test 'em) in 5 days direct from China.

Edifier has a local presence so NB2 2-3 days tops. Unfortunately the lack of a useful (read: EQ included) App (and AptX, however much I know codecs are just... codecs) is somewhat dampening my enthusiasm on these over the Bold (which also has local distros), especially if Tron delivers and ACTUALLY ends up giving us AptXHD.

(Even when with the T1XSes I actually turned a blind eye to the whole no-AptX thing just to see how good they can still be without)

The "loose earbuds in case" thing with the Bolds are a tad concerning tho. Anybody else with Bolds having that issue or have they fixed it in later batches?

Other TWSes I'm keeping an eye out for us the Tao SL96, which nobody is stocking yet over here unfortunately.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #26,104 of 62,747
Speaking of the NB2. Just saw these that look amazingly similar :)... https://www.myearfun.com/headphones/earfun-air-pro-anc-true-wireless-earbuds-black
Only $64.00 with the code.
1601507898103.png
Two more weeks till they drop though.
Interesting, those do appear to indeed be exactly the Edifier TWS NB2. Has Earfun ever done a rebrand like that before? I was under the impression their products were their own thing, or at least were in unique housings.

That said, if they’re just a rebrand of the Edifiers, they’re still a steal at $64 for great reviewed earbuds except from a company with a US presence (so actual support and warranties). Too bad they’re not available sooner and on Amazon, I would love to try them and see how they compare to the Fiil T1 XS I have on the way. I know ill be really happy with the Fiil sound quality, but I’m definitely sacrificing ANC and call quality.

Oct 1, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #26,105 of 62,747
Interesting, those do appear to indeed be exactly the Edifier TWS NB2. Has Earfun ever done a rebrand like that before? I was under the impression their products were their own thing, or at least were in unique housings.

That said, if they’re just a rebrand of the Edifiers, they’re still a steal at $64 for great reviewed earbuds except from a company with a US presence (so actual support and warranties). Too bad they’re not available sooner and on Amazon, I would love to try them and see how they compare to the Fiil T1 XS I have on the way. I know ill be really happy with the Fiil sound quality, but I’m definitely sacrificing ANC and call quality.

Well even the Bolds have "OEM rebrands" out there so it's pretty hard to say 🤣

If Edifier had a solid working app with plenty of features than it might be worth it to stick to the "original" but hmm...

Oct 1, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #26,106 of 62,747
Hello
I am searching for the best TWS under 50$
For trance, psychedelic trance, metal mainly
So yes I like wide soundstage and good vocals, not a bass head nor too high treble
Also I will use them in jogging and skiing, so they should have a good fit
I am using snapdragon Android so aptx compatible
I saw scarbir mentioning Mpow M30 and Fiil T1x, unfortunately T1x is not sold in France.
So please share your recommendations

Oct 1, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #26,107 of 62,747
Hello all, i have finally decided to jump on the TWS ship, and i am looking for recommandations. Here's my criteria :

Mandatory :
- Should be available on Amazon Europe (i have a 25€ voucher haha)
- Less than 100€
- AptX and/or LDAC
- Neutral or Warm sound
- Easy volume and/or skip track control
- USB-C charging
- No AirPods-like TWS (i prefer a fully closed TWS, like the AirPods Pro or the Galaxy Buds)

Optional :
- ANC
- Wireless Charging

Thank you in advance :)

I have decided to go with the Soundpeats Truengine 3SE, thank you everyone :)

Oct 1, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #26,108 of 62,747
this is a cool idea, integrating a TWS on a laptop
05_Thinkbook_15_Hero_Display_Keyboard_Ports-e1601301438653-1446x1536.png

https://mspoweruser.com/lenovo-thinkbook-laptop-lineup-2020/amp/

Oct 1, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #26,110 of 62,747
Hello
I am searching for the best TWS under 50$
For trance, psychedelic trance, metal mainly
So yes I like wide soundstage and good vocals, not a bass head nor too high treble
Also I will use them in jogging and skiing, so they should have a good fit
I am using snapdragon Android so aptx compatible
I saw scarbir mentioning Mpow M30 and Fiil T1x, unfortunately T1x is not sold in France.
So please share your recommendations

And what about the Edifier X3?
Is it better for electronic music?
Do they stay put in your ears when doing sports?

Oct 1, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #26,112 of 62,747
Should get

I'll reach out to Earfun and let you all know, I had communicated with them quite a bit about their previous products. I think between the support, packaging and manuals they make pretty good buds for the average end user.

Oct 1, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #26,114 of 62,747

Users who are viewing this thread

Back